NYX Radiant Finishing Powder

3.7

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really like this powder! I have the brightening version with the pastel colors, and I find that this is a nice powder to set my foundation all over, as well as doubling as a highlighter(but only if I want it to be!). It's a very fine powder, and doesn't look cakey on the face at all. It sets my foundation and is pretty much invisible. It doesn't settle into creases or exaggerate dry patches. If you're looking for something really really glowy and dewy, this might not be enough, but I find that it's very subtly brightening. I really like it because as an extremely fair person (MAC NC10-which exists, I promise!) many other powders are too dark or too yellow, and this one is basically colorless. Some people have said that they felt it was chalky looking, and I haven't experienced that but that may be because my skin tone basically IS the color of chalk! ;) I would recommend checking out a review written by someone with your skin tone!

HOW I USE:
I swirl a large, rounded stippling brush over all the color sections (mixing them all together, including the white section) and then I apply a light dusting to my whole face.

This is a great product for traveling because it's in nice, light, slim packaging, and I can use it as an allover setting powder AND as a highlighter by using a small stippling or fluffy type brush and just sweeping a little bit of the white, sparkly section in the right spots. I recommend swatching that section first to gauge how sparkly it is, because it's easy to overdo it when using that section alone! :)

I really recommend this to pale ladies, ladies who are looking for something natural looking, or ladies who appreciate a dual use product! It's so cheap, and Ulta often has buy one get one 50% off sales on NYX anyway that you really can't go wrong here.

on 1/4/2015 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So chalk colored! Horrible

on 12/31/2014 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I purchased this because I wanted a powder that I could use to sort of "set" my makeup and give my face an overall brightening effect. I really liked how even it made my skin, even without foundation, and so I would frequently use it without any other foundation underneath. I thought it made my skin look really nice. Then recently, I was at a restaurant and my boyfriend pointed out that my face was sparkly. When I became disconcerted, he said, "No, it doesn't look bad! It just makes your face look sparkly under bright lights. You look like a fairy. A sparkly Christmas fairy."

...

God damn. I'm not using this anymore unless I know the lighting of places I'm visiting will be dim.

on 12/3/2014 3:37:00 PM

I really love this product. It's so cheap, and put a beautiful healthy glow where I highlight. I use it over my concealer and highlight. And it definitely bumps it up! Makes it brighter. Sometimes if I'm feeling lazy I even skip highlighting with creme, and just use this where I would normally highlight and it works well! Love NYX and love this product. Well worth it. although I do think it depends on the skin color you have. I'm pretty fair, still have yellow undertone though, and it looks great on my complexion. If your dark I would go with the Sun kissed!

on 11/12/2014 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I had such high hopes for this product, but NYX has let me down again! Don't get me wrong, this isn't a terrible product by any means. It just isn't anything special and didn't really do anything noticable. I used a small tapered setting brush to apply this under my eyes to set my concealer, I also brushed it across my forehead, the bridge of my nose, and across my cheek bones. Did I look radiant? No. Glowing? Nope. It did an ok job of setting my concealer, it didn't crease and I didn't look shiny or greasy so 3 lippies for that. The white shade is the only one that I could see any actual glitter in but I honestly didn't see any on my face. It does have a drier, chalky texture. And looked a little chalky on my skin until I used a buffing brush to buff it in. I do really like the packaging. It's simple and streamlined with no brush or any other crap taking up space in the compact. I'll probably use it every now and then but I wouldn't repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I use this to set my under eye highlight and I like it. I avoid the area with the white square because I can see the sparkles and I do not need that business anywhere near my oily skin. After I apply my under eye concealer I use a slightly tapered brush and generously load it up with this powder and press it into my skin. The concealer stays all day with very little creasing and it keeps the area under my eyes lighter, helping create the highlighted look I like.

on 10/8/2014 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a pretty decent pressed powder. I got the brightening version and it does seems to make my complexion look more "bright". The only thing I don't like is the shimmer in it is not finely milled enough and can look a little chunky, but its not super obvious on the skin.

on 6/6/2014 1:45:00 AM

I have this product in the brightening version with the different pastel colors. I got it on clearance at target for about 3 dollars although it is usually about 8 bucks. I am so glad I tried this because it is now a staple in my everyday makeup routline. However, I have found that it is very important to use the right brush in order to get the most out of the product. I use the Sedona Lace 813 which is a large stippling brush. It is perfect for picking up and properly blending all the different colors together and it helps me to apply the perfect amount of product onto my face!! I use it after my bronzer and blush but before my highlight. I apply it on the top of my cheek bones, down my nose, middle of my forehead, and a little on my chin. It just brightens up my whole face perfectly. I couldn't do my makeup without it anymore! I have read reviews where people say it is too glittery. I hate the look of glitter on my face and i have had no issues with this product in that respect. I love love love this product!

on 5/12/2014 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I bought this from Target for around $8 I think, but then returned it. I didn't feel like it did anything special for me (I got the multi-colored pastel one) and it left chunks of sparkles all over my face which I am not interested in. I was hoping it would give me a "brightening glow" like other people had described, but it didn't. Just a regular powder with sparkles.

on 5/5/2014 6:03:00 PM

I'm not really sure what this is supposed to do. {I purchased it in radiance}
Tha packaging is cute, which is why i was attracted to this product.
It's super finely milled and gets all over the place, i have tried it as an all over powder but it looks chalky, and a little too sparkly unless you don't used the white part but i don't see how you can avoid.
I have also tried setting my under eye concealer and it was just so chalky, and not in a good way.
I am normally a big fan of nyx products, but there is nothing radiant, or natural about this one :(

Recommended for Normal Skin