December 22, 2014 | 1623 users online

Pressed Powders - NYX - Radiant Finishing Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2014 3:37:00 PM More reviews by iHaileyloco

I really love this product. It's so cheap, and put a beautiful healthy glow where I highlight. I use it over my concealer and highlight. And it definitely bumps it up! Makes it brighter. Sometimes if I'm feeling lazy I even skip highlighting with creme, and just use this where I would normally highlight and it works well! Love NYX and love this product. Well worth it. although I do think it depends on the skin color you have. I'm pretty fair, still have yellow undertone though, and it looks great on my complexion. If your dark I would go with the Sun kissed!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2014 1:15:00 PM More reviews by bikerchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I had such high hopes for this product, but NYX has let me down again! Don't get me wrong, this isn't a terrible product by any means. It just isn't anything special and didn't really do anything noticable. I used a small tapered setting brush to apply this under my eyes to set my concealer, I also brushed it across my forehead, the bridge of my nose, and across my cheek bones. Did I look radiant? No. Glowing? Nope. It did an ok job of setting my concealer, it didn't crease and I didn't look shiny or greasy so 3 lippies for that. The white shade is the only one that I could see any actual glitter in but I honestly didn't see any on my face. It does have a drier, chalky texture. And looked a little chalky on my skin until I used a buffing brush to buff it in. I do really like the packaging. It's simple and streamlined with no brush or any other crap taking up space in the compact. I'll probably use it every now and then but I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2014 10:42:00 PM More reviews by SophiaSopapilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this to set my under eye highlight and I like it. I avoid the area with the white square because I can see the sparkles and I do not need that business anywhere near my oily skin. After I apply my under eye concealer I use a slightly tapered brush and generously load it up with this powder and press it into my skin. The concealer stays all day with very little creasing and it keeps the area under my eyes lighter, helping create the highlighted look I like.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2014 12:53:00 PM More reviews by riotkitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a pretty decent pressed powder. I got the brightening version and it does seems to make my complexion look more "bright". The only thing I don't like is the shimmer in it is not finely milled enough and can look a little chunky, but its not super obvious on the skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2014 1:45:00 AM More reviews by withlove21

I have this product in the brightening version with the different pastel colors. I got it on clearance at target for about 3 dollars although it is usually about 8 bucks. I am so glad I tried this because it is now a staple in my everyday makeup routline. However, I have found that it is very important to use the right brush in order to get the most out of the product. I use the Sedona Lace 813 which is a large stippling brush. It is perfect for picking up and properly blending all the different colors together and it helps me to apply the perfect amount of product onto my face!! I use it after my bronzer and blush but before my highlight. I apply it on the top of my cheek bones, down my nose, middle of my forehead, and a little on my chin. It just brightens up my whole face perfectly. I couldn't do my makeup without it anymore! I have read reviews where people say it is too glittery. I hate the look of glitter on my face and i have had no issues with this product in that respect. I love love love this product!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/12/2014 5:23:00 PM More reviews by laurenjill05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this from Target for around $8 I think, but then returned it. I didn't feel like it did anything special for me (I got the multi-colored pastel one) and it left chunks of sparkles all over my face which I am not interested in. I was hoping it would give me a "brightening glow" like other people had described, but it didn't. Just a regular powder with sparkles.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/5/2014 6:03:00 PM More reviews by Meech25

I'm not really sure what this is supposed to do. {I purchased it in radiance}
Tha packaging is cute, which is why i was attracted to this product.
It's super finely milled and gets all over the place, i have tried it as an all over powder but it looks chalky, and a little too sparkly unless you don't used the white part but i don't see how you can avoid.
I have also tried setting my under eye concealer and it was just so chalky, and not in a good way.
I am normally a big fan of nyx products, but there is nothing radiant, or natural about this one :(

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2014 10:48:00 AM More reviews by bergquis

I am a gal that does not want a lot of sparkle. A little is fine, so when I found this and read other reviews, I thought it would be perfect. The price, now that is perfect. The colors are nice, the compact is fine.... but you can not really see anything on your face. I am a medium color, but I am thinking the only way you could see this on someone is they have to be very fair in color. Once I apply my powder, Studio Gear (Sand), you can only see flakes of sparkle once I able this
RADIANT FINISHING POWDER-(SUNKISSED). I would not say the glitter is too much, not at all... just the color does not pop like other finishing powders I have tried. I will end up using this, probably for my neck area. Price perfect of course.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2014 7:56:00 PM More reviews by Jackierose1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have the brightening one of the two. It does leave a nice finish, not dewy, or oily, but glowy. Its translucent when put on. I use a fluffy powder brush. The powder itself is very soft and easy to use. I love the packagi g because it is not bulky! I hate when products come with useless brushes and mirrors. Overall im really liking this powder, I am slightly biased because I love most nyx products

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2014 10:32:00 PM More reviews by Tashi09

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I had been bamboozled by an aggressive Bobbi Brown rep into buying Porcelain Pearl "to hide your redness." I did not really think that was its intended purpose, and I am not a huge fan of shimmer, but it looked kind of nice. Never in my wildest dreams did I suspect it would cost $52.00, so I thought What The Heck and bought it. I'm such a wimp sometimes! I was REELING when I caught on to the price.

My mind was further blown when I stopped by Target and happened to see the NYX dupe for $8.99. Plastic packaging, but Bobbi Brown makes a big huge deal about how delicate the product is, so it's not a likely candidate for carrying around and showing off anyway. Yes, I would say the two are identical. The very SAME. I took the Bobbi Brown version straight back to the counter.

As for the actual usefulness of this product, I'm on the fence. I'm the kind of person who is turned off by shimmer, even if it's subtle and I can only see it in my 10x magnifying mirror. But it's a lot better to have it sitting in the drawer for $8.99 than to have it sitting in the drawer for $52.00!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No