September 21, 2014 | 2046 users online

Pressed Powders - NYX - Radiant Finishing Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2014 1:45:00 AM More reviews by withlove21

I have this product in the brightening version with the different pastel colors. I got it on clearance at target for about 3 dollars although it is usually about 8 bucks. I am so glad I tried this because it is now a staple in my everyday makeup routline. However, I have found that it is very important to use the right brush in order to get the most out of the product. I use the Sedona Lace 813 which is a large stippling brush. It is perfect for picking up and properly blending all the different colors together and it helps me to apply the perfect amount of product onto my face!! I use it after my bronzer and blush but before my highlight. I apply it on the top of my cheek bones, down my nose, middle of my forehead, and a little on my chin. It just brightens up my whole face perfectly. I couldn't do my makeup without it anymore! I have read reviews where people say it is too glittery. I hate the look of glitter on my face and i have had no issues with this product in that respect. I love love love this product!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/12/2014 5:23:00 PM More reviews by laurenjill05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this from Target for around $8 I think, but then returned it. I didn't feel like it did anything special for me (I got the multi-colored pastel one) and it left chunks of sparkles all over my face which I am not interested in. I was hoping it would give me a "brightening glow" like other people had described, but it didn't. Just a regular powder with sparkles.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/5/2014 6:03:00 PM More reviews by Meech25

I'm not really sure what this is supposed to do. {I purchased it in radiance}
Tha packaging is cute, which is why i was attracted to this product.
It's super finely milled and gets all over the place, i have tried it as an all over powder but it looks chalky, and a little too sparkly unless you don't used the white part but i don't see how you can avoid.
I have also tried setting my under eye concealer and it was just so chalky, and not in a good way.
I am normally a big fan of nyx products, but there is nothing radiant, or natural about this one :(

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2014 10:48:00 AM More reviews by bergquis

I am a gal that does not want a lot of sparkle. A little is fine, so when I found this and read other reviews, I thought it would be perfect. The price, now that is perfect. The colors are nice, the compact is fine.... but you can not really see anything on your face. I am a medium color, but I am thinking the only way you could see this on someone is they have to be very fair in color. Once I apply my powder, Studio Gear (Sand), you can only see flakes of sparkle once I able this
RADIANT FINISHING POWDER-(SUNKISSED). I would not say the glitter is too much, not at all... just the color does not pop like other finishing powders I have tried. I will end up using this, probably for my neck area. Price perfect of course.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2014 7:56:00 PM More reviews by Jackierose1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have the brightening one of the two. It does leave a nice finish, not dewy, or oily, but glowy. Its translucent when put on. I use a fluffy powder brush. The powder itself is very soft and easy to use. I love the packagi g because it is not bulky! I hate when products come with useless brushes and mirrors. Overall im really liking this powder, I am slightly biased because I love most nyx products

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2014 10:32:00 PM More reviews by Tashi09

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I had been bamboozled by an aggressive Bobbi Brown rep into buying Porcelain Pearl "to hide your redness." I did not really think that was its intended purpose, and I am not a huge fan of shimmer, but it looked kind of nice. Never in my wildest dreams did I suspect it would cost $52.00, so I thought What The Heck and bought it. I'm such a wimp sometimes! I was REELING when I caught on to the price.

My mind was further blown when I stopped by Target and happened to see the NYX dupe for $8.99. Plastic packaging, but Bobbi Brown makes a big huge deal about how delicate the product is, so it's not a likely candidate for carrying around and showing off anyway. Yes, I would say the two are identical. The very SAME. I took the Bobbi Brown version straight back to the counter.

As for the actual usefulness of this product, I'm on the fence. I'm the kind of person who is turned off by shimmer, even if it's subtle and I can only see it in my 10x magnifying mirror. But it's a lot better to have it sitting in the drawer for $8.99 than to have it sitting in the drawer for $52.00!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2014 5:26:00 PM More reviews by jkpetite

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Would I purchase again? HELL YEAH!!! This stuff is, hands down, AMAZING!!! Thanks to a BOGO sale on NYX @ ULTA, I was able to snatch both Brighten & Sunkissed. So glad I didn't have to choose because I don't know that I would have been able to do so!

They are both beautifully packaged, with the product itself securely contained in their cases. The powder is lightweight but pigmented well. I've used both on multiple occasions and I get so many compliments.

The Brighten one does just that - it brightens the skin and gives it a subtle but radiant glow. The Sunkissed one also brightens but brings warmth and a bit of color to the skin. Both are great for any season.

I love how all the shades work together to give an awesome finish to the skin. I apply with my ELF studio complexion brush for best results. I definitely suggest a big, fluffy brush for application.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2014 2:22:00 PM More reviews by englande

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've only been using this for a week and I already love it. I was using a Sonia Kashuk loose powder (which is fabulous by the way), but found this much easier to apply and way less messy. I picked it up because the Target I went to was out of the Sonia Kashuk powder. Plus, I'm a big NYX fan. I am so glad I tried this in the brightening shade. It is silky and applies very thinly. It doesn't leave you looking cakey, matte, or glittery. It's a nice smooth sheen and sets your makeup very well. I will be getting the sunkissed for summer!

UPDATE - I have been the sunkissed color for a while now and really love it more then the radiance. I use it for contouring on my cheeks & temples. The color is just right for my cool, light/fair skin. I know others have said they couldn't see any color, but I do not have that issue.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2014 10:16:00 PM More reviews by Embeth3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Holy luminous glow, Batman!
This is right up there with the best finishing powders I've ever used. I'd say it's on par with my beloved Scott Barnes Diamond Dust and Guerlain Meteorites, which for a cheap ass, clear perspex compact of pressed powder from NYX, is freaking awesome.
Love. Love love loveLOVE.
OK, so I bought this on a whim after it was on sale for 20% off on a website I use regularly, even though it has just arrived in stock. Awesome. So, very affordable, which is always good!
Six rectangles of soft pastel colours, white, blue, green, yellow, pink and lilac. This is quite soft for a pressed powder but the texture is firm enough that I don't get a lot of excess kicked up by my floofy powder brush, though this could be more on an issue if you're using something with really dense bristles, so YMMV. If you swatch with a finger, the powder looks a bit ashy and pale, but applied with a soft puff or a big brush, it goes on virtually translucent and leaves an amazingly subtle matte glow.
Only the white section has any detectable shimmer, and this blends beautifully with the rest of the shades to leave a silky layer of gorgeous luminosity that is in no way shimmery, sparkly or glittery.
The pan size is pretty generous, 12 grams, which is bigger than normal but since I've only used this a dozen times so far, it may be offset by the soft texture and be used up at a similar rate to more densely pressed or pigmented facial powders... we will see.
No fragrance, no mirror, no useless scratchy brush - nothing unnecessary to take up space. The compact is rounded square clear lucite, nothing fancy but it's not ugly and it does the job just fine. It's flat, so it stacks nicely and is slim enough to slip in a bag or drawer if needed, even though it's fairly sizable to begin with.
I was in a fancypants department store yesterday and wandered up to the Bobbi Brown counter to check out the L'Wren Scott palette (NOT impressed, BTW) and what do I see but a super expensive powder that looks EXACTLY the same (but about half the size, mind). I swatched it, blended it out and it looks absolutely identical. Similar texture, the colours are in exactly the same places and sure it's in a snazzy chrome compact with Bobbi Brown on the lid but, really?!
To be fair, I wasn't able to do a side by side comparison then and there but whoa. It's totally a dupe. I don't know who "copied" who or if these two brands snagged the same product at some mythical makeup production supermarket (do these exist? If not, they should and I want to go there immediately...) but I do know which one I'll be purchasing a backup of.

16 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2013 9:41:00 PM More reviews by AlatarielAncalime

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This was an impulse, "I'm standing in line and there's a new NYX display right next to me" purchase. I'm like a kid with colorful products, and this mosaic-style multicolored pressed powder caught my eye. It isn't even on the NYX website yet. Apparently it's part of the new line that will launch in full in January 2014. It's a pretty perfect dupe for the Bobbi Brown Finishing Powder in Porcelain Pearl at a very small fraction of the price.

When I swatched it, I was worried because it looked quite ashy and chalky on my finger. However when I applied it all over my face, I was so pleased! The finish isn't quite dewy but definitely not matte - luminous is the only word that really fits. Definitely no chunks of glitter visible on your skin when you apply it. Today I'm wearing it over just my moisturizer and blush and it applies evenly, without any patches. I've had it on for 10 hours and my skin still looks quite presentable - blush is intact, no shine (Can't say the same for my mascara :). The only reason I give 4/5 overall is that it's quite powdery - it ends up all over my counter when I swish my brush around in it.

So overall it's a very nice finishing powder for the winter months when your skin might need a little glow-boost! I am constantly impressed with the quality of NYX products.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No