December 21, 2014 | 1835 users online

Mascara - Guerlain - Guerlain Cils d'Enfer Maxi Lash Mascara

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2014 3:21:00 PM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

My new HG mascara. I did not believe you coudl get lashes like this!
I first got a sample tube and I tried it. Just plain Wonderful from the firts application!
Super glossy black formula, old style bristle brush (finally! I am sick of those stiff, plastic brushes!!)- It is marketed as a volumising mascara, but ladies, this baby does it ALL!
I got super full, defined, LONG, CURLED lashes. I personally like it best without curling lashes prior to application (you really don't need it: the mascara gives you alone these curly doll like lashes...).
No clumps, no flakes, no smudging, not a problem at all.
For me, one of the biggest pet peeves is that those super long lasting mascaras are a b**ch to remove at night (Eyeko Skinny: yes, I am looking at you!!).
Cils d'Enfer is removed in a blink of an eye (literally!! ).
But the think that got me hooked: I got tons of compliments from people who generally do not care about makeup.. they were shocked when I told them I am not wearing falsies!!!
What could I do if not buy me the full size tube??
Cils d'Enfer is now mine, elegantly displaying itself on my vanity :o) (gorgeous pacakging as all Gurelain, by the way). A winner!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2014 2:08:00 AM More reviews by gmasterova

I was told by a cosmetician and another lady working at the drugstore that this mascara was the best one they had ever tried. The kept telling me how great it was and since I'm always on the hunt of the "best mascara of all time", I purchased it. I was extremely disappointed at first because I had paid $37 CAD for it so I let it go for a month or two until I picked it back up and really liked it. First, it smells like roses, which is very pleasant seeing as the scent lingers slightly for the first hour after you apply it. The consistency was way too wet when I initially purchased it but it became absolutely great after a month or so. Lastly, it gives great volume and satisfactory length but it smears all over my eyelids at the end of the day — which is a terrible downfall for those of you who, like me, have oily skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2014 3:06:00 PM More reviews by Puggurl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It comes off mid day and you look like a raccoon! It's super expensive as well. No good.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2014 2:11:00 AM More reviews by Halloqueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Luckily, I received a deluxe sample of this, and didn't pay full retail price. Usually, I'm pleased with Guerlain products, however this mascara fell short of my expectations. I liked the oversize old school brush. The formula was fine, too...it went on very smoothly without clumping, flaking, or looking chunky on my lashes....the brush also separated and defined my lashes. At first glance at the finished product...I started planning a purchase. However, after about an hour, I did a test check, and it didn't appear as if I had any mascara on. I'm not sure whether it "wore off", or it just looked nice wet. After about 8 hours of wear...I won't be purchasing it. It basically didn't do much of anything, and at the retail price point, it's much too expensive for what it does. Sadly, I'll keep looking for my HG mascara...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2014 7:59:00 PM More reviews by kiwimakeuplover

Up till now my HG mascara has been Chanel le volume which I absolutely love. I thought I'd give Guerlains Cil d'enfer maxi lash mascara a go as I'd heard good things about it. Now I have the dilemma of having 2 HG mascaras as this is on a par with Chanel. The difference is (and I don't know if its my imagination) my eyelashes actually look as if they've been curled, never mind lengthened or volumised! As with most of Guerlains products there is a violet perfume which I happen to love, when you take the wand out. Once its on you can't smell anything tho' (just in case thats an issue for you).
I know this is pricey but in this instance (as with their lipsticks and foundations) I think you get your moneys worth. Would definitely buy again. I can hear my wallet whimpering, poor thing...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2014 8:07:00 AM More reviews by bleuday

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've purchased this twice.

This is my current go-to, and I love it.

Other past go-tos include (the ones that come to mind): Diorshow, Lancome's Oscillation, Hypnose Drama, Faux Cils (still use this in the midnight blue) . . . you can check my other reviews with the appropriate filter to find others, if interested.

Here's what I love about this, DRAMA. Yes, it takes a bit to work it up, unlike Oscillation, but I get incredible length, volume, and so much drama that I really can't compare it to others, not even Faux Cils or Oscillation, which is pretty amazing. I have no problems with smudging, flaking, or smearing.

Holds the curl very well, and it just makes my eyes look like big doll eyes. Really. Pretty amazing. I got this first as a deluxe sample from Nordies, and one from Sephora. Was smitten. Purchased and both tubes have really made me incredibly happy.

I have a tube of Armani's "Eyes To Kill Excess" sitting here waiting to be opened, a tube of Hypnose Drama unopened in the box, a tube of black Faux Cils, but I can't bring myself to use anything else for when I want big, black, dramatic lashes.

The bonus is the tube. So pretty. The brush is great.

Pretty much knocks it out of the park in every way I want:

---length
---volume
---drama
---wear
---no smudging or flaking
---holds the curl
---elegant packaging
---doll eyes effect

For now, this is making me a very happy girl. Though I do need to try out "Eyes Ti Kill," sooner rather than later . . .

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2014 1:56:00 PM More reviews by ShanMed

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My favorite mascara. Perfect amount of thickness and curl.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2014 2:18:00 PM More reviews by remychic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't know about the last review but I had a totally different experience with this mascara. The packaging is beautiful, the color selection very good and I've had good luck with other Guerlain mascaras in the past. But I had nothing but smudging problems and finally, after a week of trying to make it work, had to put a coat of Anastasia Lash Genius over it to keep from looking like a racoon. Will be returning to the store.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 6:40:00 PM More reviews by lavroxanna

At $30, this mascara isn't cheap, but it's definitely one of the best mascaras I've ever tried. Still testing with other mascaras to see if this will become my HG mascara! I found this little gem while I was shopping online for a waterproof mascara that would lengthen, curl, volumize, and define lashes without smearing, flaking, or smudging everywhere. High demands for any one tube, but when you have stick-straight Asian lashes and oily Asian eyelids, you have to find the best or suffer raccoon eyes.

So far, this mascara has separated, lengthened, and volumized my lashes considerably with very, very rare smudging on the lower lash line. Like any other mascara, if you pile on too many coats, the tips of your eyelashes can look unnaturally thick and it becomes obvious that you're wearing product. The great thing about this mascara is that you only need one or two coats to achieve a natural, flawless look, AND it comes in a variety of shades! I have yet to try out the violet shade, but the 01 Noir is pretty rich in pigment. I'd definitely recommend this to a friend!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No