December 22, 2014 | 1672 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Wonder Pressed Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2014 1:16:00 AM More reviews by ayoocynthiagee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wasn't bad. The shade worked well for me because of my Hispanic tan/warm undertone, but it honestly works like a sheer powdered foundation. It feels a little thick for a "fine powder" it lasts a good amount of time, keeps me matte and has a beautiful finish. I just wish it could last longer.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/14/2014 12:04:00 AM More reviews by bbarry75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Luckily, I got a sample, of this. It showed every pore and line I didn't know I had. The worst.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/6/2014 11:05:00 PM More reviews by mpg123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Why Maybelline discontinued the Dream Matte powder is beyond me. It was such a popular product and I don't know why they would replace it with this piece of crap.

This is the worst powder I have ever used. Maybelline Dream Matte powder was my HG and this is awful. This is thick and heavy and gross feeling on the skin. Not to mention , this shade selection is HORRIBLE. Every shade is dark and orange. DO NOT BUY THIS! Maybelline, I hope you're happy because you just lost a costumer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2014 4:27:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I haven't bought a drugstore powder in eons and I was in the mood for an inexpensive splurge when I picked up the new formulation of Maybelline's Dream Wonder powder. While the original matte formula was much loved, it felt a little too dry for my liking.

I actually like this formula enough to give 3.5 lipsticks with the deduction for mediocre colour section and packaging.
I'm a NC30/C3 and Sandy Beige is the closest match for me and even then, it's just a tiny bit on the dark side so this powder is ideal in the summer for me.

What I don't like about the formula is that it is slightly chalky and not finely milled like other powders. Plus the packaging isn't that attractive (no mirror either) and I suspect the compact would break easily.

Still, I'd buy this powder again if I wanted a spare compact for work, the gym bag or travelling.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2014 3:03:00 PM More reviews by koalanoises

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

the first thing i noticed about this stuff is that it oxidizes. BADLY. had it a few months ago and figured i just bought the wrong shade, so i went to ulta with my current HG foundation and matched it to classic beige... same color exactly. In the car i went to put it on, and after 20 seconds or so i was a nasty rusty looking color that was SO off. so i went back to ulta and went a few shades lighter to classic ivory (keep in mind, i'm chinese and i live in florida. i am usually on the deeper tan side of the spectrum) and it was a perfect match after oxidization. the only reason i went through so much trouble, though, is because it really has wonderful coverage and leaves a gorgeous finish so i can just throw it on in the car with nothing else and look decent.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2014 12:14:00 AM More reviews by ResistanceIsFutile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought the lightest shade *which I never am in foundations and powders* and it turned so orange on my skin. And then, with normal purse wear and tear, it crumbled into a million messy pieces, again a first for me. I should've known because every other one in the display was shattered, too.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2014 12:05:00 AM More reviews by CosmoFan12

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Once again, Maybelline seems to have a knack for blend ability with their foundations,concealers and powders and this product is no exception. That's why I gave it 2 lippies. That's where it ends. The finish on this is dull, lifeless and would be more suited for some mortician to use.
Honestly,Maybelline really needs to work on the finishes and tones of their facial cosmetics.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2014 10:37:00 AM More reviews by 33HilARY33

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this really provides great coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2014 10:23:00 AM More reviews by Juno77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ive been using this powder for three to four weeks. I think this is an okay powder (though MUCH better from your average drugstore powder), at the end of the day I dont look very clean though: I get super oily and this wont stop that for more than 3 hours. Blotting and replying the powder fixes that well, it doenst look cakey when reapplied. Of course, my moisturizer is partly to blame because it has chemical sunscreen, I could switch to a matifying sunscreen, and that would help. I took a lippie off only because I wish it control oil better, and im not sure if its breaking me out a little bit. If I discover that it doesnt break me out for sure, i might give it 5 lippies, because it doesnt claim to control oil.

To the people that claim this is cakey, it is NOT. Its very light and feels like you have nothing on. I dont think its light enough to apply on top of heavy foundations though, use a translucent powder for that. To those saying it amplyfies imperfections, NO. It blurs them. Of course if you have DRY skin, and dont moisturize it before applying any makeup, is going to look like shit.

I would advice you look for a color that matches your skintone, and then go a shade lighter, specially if you are a woman of color and you have darker and lighter areas on your face. Or just match the lighter areas. Im around NC42 in MAC, a tiny bit lighter than Toast foundation from Revlon colorstay, and I bought two powders, I got Honey Beige and also Caramel, wich is a bit lighter, in case the reviews were right and the powder ran a bit dark. The one that worked was Caramel 90. The other powder oxidizes around 1/2 shade darker, specially by the end of the day. Is Not much, but I want to look fresh and bright, and a darker powder defeats that purpose.

It has no comedogenic ingredients that I can tell, but im not sure what is clogging my pores. Im not getting a lot of acne, just a bit. It could be the oil buildup from my skin and my sunscreen plus concealer and powder on top. Im very acne prone, so I get acne just from too much contact with clothing on my upper arms, belly, etc.. Wearing this powder on top of Lancome ultra fundation DEFENETIVELY breaks me out. On its own though, im still not sure. Its strange, as both products PLUS my sunscreen None have comedogenic ingredients that I know of.

Will report back after more wear time.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2014 11:40:00 PM More reviews by AmberMardina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I think it's sooo weird that this has a rash of bad reviews. I finally found a powder than works amazingly on my skin. From other rave reviews, I think maybe this works the best on oily skin. I actually have combination skin but I work hard to exfoliate the dry skin away, moisturize well, and prime. But my skin gets oily through the day so I have been hunting for a powder to set and keep me matte but natural looking. I was using ulta powder foundation and found it to be ok but didn't keep matte. Then I tried a white mattifying powder that mostly washed me out, but did keep me matte. This not only makes me look flawless but keeps me that way all day. The color selection for maybelline is so great for yellow tone, more tan girls like me. It helps cover scars, sets my dream liquid foundation, and keeps me matte all while actually matching my yellow skin perfectly. Love this stuff.