Maybelline Dream Wonder Pressed Powder

2.6

Dimethicone, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Talc, Magnesium Stearate, Isostearyl Sebacate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate +/- (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide)

on 3/30/2015 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am in love with this powder. I have fairly clear skin, but a few uneven patches and a little darkness around my eyes. I put on a bit of concealer and this powder,and my skin looks flawless. If you have it in the perfect shade for you, it'll look awesome. It's a heavier coverage powder, a bit thicker, but feels so light. Try it!!

on 3/22/2015 2:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really like this powder, I've been using it for at least a year in the shade classic ivory, which suits me well. It's easy to apply and I don't find that it feels too heavy on my skin. It can look a bit cakey when you first apply it, but I find after ~15 minutes it looks more natural. I can't attest to how long it lasts because I don't used powder every day but for the price I would buy it again - there might be better options out there but I don't really want to shell out a ton of money trying different powders.

on 3/20/2015 5:36:00 AM

I suppose on some level, this is a decent enough powder, esp for DS.
I got the shade Nude, which oddly enough, seems to be washing me out and giving me that 'dead' look. I am NC15 - NC20, so this really should not be 'washing me out' or making me 'look dead,' imho. So that is strange, and a little frustrating.

The powder itself behaves and performs quite well, imo esp for a DS powder. Does not turn funky or funny colors (oxidize). I will say a trivial 'complaint' I have about this product is that it does put off quite the 'poof' dust cloud when I tap my brush into this, and I am just not a fan of that. It does seem to blend into my skin fairly well and does not look cakey. I have been having major skin issues with things either making me look too dry or too oily, and this is 'just right' as far as how it looks and wears. It is mattifying enough without making me look cakey nor clinging to any dry patches.

This also has no scent and does not irritate my skin, which is a huge bonus bc my skin and nose are both very sensitive. I will say if you are looking for a ton of coverage you might not find it with this. But to me, coverage should be from foundation or concealer. This is good for setting or touch-ups, but not heavy-duty major coverage.

UPDATE: I did exchange the Nude for the Creamy Natural, and it is much better. However, to me the colors in this are just a little 'off', so I took the overall rating down bc because the colors are.......kind of...off, just..odd shades. The two shades I did I try just did not look "natural".

If you are on a budget or have decent skin and just want something to set or touch up your makeup, this might be a good choice for you.....Just know that finding a good color might be a little bit of a trying task, as they are not what they 'seem' they should be, and often once on the skin look..interesting..and maybe not in a good way. The powder is okay, but the colors of this really need an overhaul, imho.

Not a terrible powder; but not a great one. The colors are just quite 'off', imo, and not flattering, and that is the main issue I have with this product. I can't rate a powder highly based on performance alone if the color is 'off' or un-natural looking.
Would not re-purchase.

on 1/11/2015 1:13:00 PM

This powder is terrible!! I put it on in the morning and when I came home and looked at my face in the mirror I was shocked. The powder became muddy and DARK like 4 shades darker than the powder in the package was (I bought the shade Ivory - second lightest shade.) I thought that maybe there was a reaction with my foundation so I tried it on by itself and sprayed my setting spray over it and the same thing happened... super dark, brown and muddy looking patches all over my face. I will never buy this powder again.

on 1/8/2015 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

The product itself is WONDERFUL. Very good powder. BUT... 1) not the best for fair skin -- the lightest shade is not that fair, and 2) you get a TINY bit in the container, so you run out very quickly. So, seemingly inexpensive, but actually becomes not so cheap when you consider how little product you have.

Would still purchase again because the powder itself is great for my skin. I have acne-prone, oily T-zone skin, very fair skin. I use the lightest shade, and it does match my skin, maybe a tiny shade darker. Great for re-touching because it doesn't cake up, very fine powder. Leaves skin matte for a good few hours, and that's pretty good for my skin which gets oily quickly. Just wish they had a shade slightly lighter and a more standard amount of product in the pan.

I love the feel of this powder when it's applied with a fluffy powder brush. It is sooo smooth and blendable. Only problem is, the shade I chose, which is my exact match when in the package, oxidizes enough for it to look horribly patchy, like I have a rash, when I where it. I'm actually now using this as a very light contour powder now that it's winter. Maybe next time I'll guess right and get the correct color for me, but I'm already on the pale side, so I'm concerned about getting another one that oxydizes.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Wasn't bad. The shade worked well for me because of my Hispanic tan/warm undertone, but it honestly works like a sheer powdered foundation. It feels a little thick for a "fine powder" it lasts a good amount of time, keeps me matte and has a beautiful finish. I just wish it could last longer.

on 12/14/2014 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Luckily, I got a sample, of this. It showed every pore and line I didn't know I had. The worst.

on 12/6/2014 11:05:00 PM

Why Maybelline discontinued the Dream Matte powder is beyond me. It was such a popular product and I don't know why they would replace it with this piece of crap.

This is the worst powder I have ever used. Maybelline Dream Matte powder was my HG and this is awful. This is thick and heavy and gross feeling on the skin. Not to mention , this shade selection is HORRIBLE. Every shade is dark and orange. DO NOT BUY THIS! Maybelline, I hope you're happy because you just lost a costumer.

on 11/24/2014 4:27:00 AM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I haven't bought a drugstore powder in eons and I was in the mood for an inexpensive splurge when I picked up the new formulation of Maybelline's Dream Wonder powder. While the original matte formula was much loved, it felt a little too dry for my liking.

I actually like this formula enough to give 3.5 lipsticks with the deduction for mediocre colour section and packaging.
I'm a NC30/C3 and Sandy Beige is the closest match for me and even then, it's just a tiny bit on the dark side so this powder is ideal in the summer for me.

What I don't like about the formula is that it is slightly chalky and not finely milled like other powders. Plus the packaging isn't that attractive (no mirror either) and I suspect the compact would break easily.

Still, I'd buy this powder again if I wanted a spare compact for work, the gym bag or travelling.

Video Reviews & Tutorials