Maybelline Dream Wonder Pressed Powder

2.7

Dimethicone, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Talc, Magnesium Stearate, Isostearyl Sebacate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate +/- (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide)

on 7/28/2015 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

For the first few rounds of trying this powder I felt like everyone else did - it was frustratingly hard to find a working color, and it tended to darken more than I would have expected. (Would have given 5 stars if it was easier to use.) But I've finally figured out how to use this on my very oily skin, which is basically as a finishing veil, and would say it's one of the best powders at the drugstore. My routine is basically a powder foundation routine in which I sometimes don't even bother with concealer. I also use this routine with wet foundation although I tend to be more light handed with the powders.
*So apply your primer or foundation or just sunscreen. (Im acne prone do I don't use straight primers.)
*Second, I use a light dusting of the Maybelline loose powder because it works great as an oil absorber and is basically transluscent.
*Thirdly, I like to apply a light layer of the FitMe Matte powder which also works great as an oil absorber and gives a little coverage.
*Lastly I use the Dream Wonder powder on top of everything for it's ability to cover really well and give a smooth look, applying a little extra over the areas of scarring on my cheeks.
This might seem like a lot of powder, and perhaps I could get away with just one of the oil absorbent ones, but it works for me and feels lighter on my skin than some of the heavy "powder foundations" out there.

on 7/24/2015 12:23:00 PM

I really like this product, but keep in mind the only powder I've used previously is the elf pressed mattifying powders. This powder blows the elf powder out of the water. This powder is so smooth, light, gives slight coverage, and mattifies but doesn't dry out your skin. This powder looks like your skin. I use an elf kabuki brush to apply this powder. In a pinch I used the sponge when I was on the go and it wasn't too bad, but I can't imagine the sponge being hygienic plus I thought the brush did a better job of lightly and evenly distributing this product around my face.

on 7/14/2015 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I'm going to keep using this because the product itself is good. The only complaint I have is the colours... The shades are deceiving. I'm not sure why but this really oxidizes. I bought Sandy Beige which is my perfect colour, but it oxidized and changed 2-3 shades darker which makes me wonder why it is that maybelline didn't make these products lighter and package them running light to oxidize to the colour they end up being. Good powder, smooth and it mattifies but the colours are very disappointing.

on 6/24/2015 8:33:00 PM

When I first put on the product I used the sponge it came with, at first i thought it was okay. It had medium coverage and seemed like it would keep my face matte. However, after about 5 minutes I looked in the mirror and my skin looked orange! My face looked matte but the color was completely different from when I first put it on. I have a fair complexion and therefore bought the lightest shade, but I still ended up looking like I had a bad tan. I do not recommend this product, if you already own it and want to use it I recommend not using the sponge it came with it puts too much product on.

on 6/20/2015 1:52:00 PM

I like it. I use it with my ELF kabuki brush on my face after applying liquid foundation. The shade (true beige) is warm enough for summer without being too tinted. It keeps my T-Zone from shining and it gives that "airbrush" look we're all craving. I paid 6$ (on sale) for it and i am very satisfied.

on 6/10/2015 3:52:00 AM

I don't get the bad reviews, this is one of the best powders I've ever used. So smooth on the skin.

on 6/9/2015 9:48:00 AM

I have been using and liking Maybelline Fit Me matte + poreless powder but was interested in trying the Dream wonder powder. I find that this works best with my Avon Kabuki brush than the sponge that came with it. Using the sponge applies too much powder. The formula is finely milled and applies smoothly. I would say that it provides light coverage. I use a bit of concealer, Nanoblur primer and then sweep this on my face. I really cannot tell much difference between the Fit Me powder and this Dream Wonder other than the amount that you get. The Fit Me has .29 oz and the Dream Wonder has less powder, only .19 oz. Also, my color in the Maybelline foundation line is Porcelain Ivory. The Fit Me powder is a perfect match for my skin tone, this Dream Wonder in Porcelain Ivory seems to be a couple of shades darker.

on 5/30/2015 10:41:00 PM

I love this powder it is a bit price but it is really good quality for drugstore it not dry at all and gives u a little tint

This is my favorite powder, I have used high end powders around 40$ but I ran out so I bought this for back up. I have to say, I don't think I will ever want to go back again! I got this for around 7$ and it perfect for my combination skin. I love how it is not super powdery it is very smooth and melts onto the skin giving a very natural finish. It also Does not break me out like a lot of powders do. I would say it is medium coverage and even though the product doesnt contain much a little goes a long way and it lasts really Well.

on 3/30/2015 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am in love with this powder. I have fairly clear skin, but a few uneven patches and a little darkness around my eyes. I put on a bit of concealer and this powder,and my skin looks flawless. If you have it in the perfect shade for you, it'll look awesome. It's a heavier coverage powder, a bit thicker, but feels so light. Try it!!

Video Reviews & Tutorials