October 31, 2014 | 1559 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Wonder Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2014 10:37:00 AM More reviews by 33HilARY33

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this really provides great coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2014 10:23:00 AM More reviews by Juno77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ive been using this powder for three to four weeks. I think this is an okay powder (though MUCH better from your average drugstore powder), at the end of the day I dont look very clean though: I get super oily and this wont stop that for more than 3 hours. Blotting and replying the powder fixes that well, it doenst look cakey when reapplied. Of course, my moisturizer is partly to blame because it has chemical sunscreen, I could switch to a matifying sunscreen, and that would help. I took a lippie off only because I wish it control oil better, and im not sure if its breaking me out a little bit. If I discover that it doesnt break me out for sure, i might give it 5 lippies, because it doesnt claim to control oil.

To the people that claim this is cakey, it is NOT. Its very light and feels like you have nothing on. I dont think its light enough to apply on top of heavy foundations though, use a translucent powder for that. To those saying it amplyfies imperfections, NO. It blurs them. Of course if you have DRY skin, and dont moisturize it before applying any makeup, is going to look like shit.

I would advice you look for a color that matches your skintone, and then go a shade lighter, specially if you are a woman of color and you have darker and lighter areas on your face. Or just match the lighter areas. Im around NC42 in MAC, a tiny bit lighter than Toast foundation from Revlon colorstay, and I bought two powders, I got Honey Beige and also Caramel, wich is a bit lighter, in case the reviews were right and the powder ran a bit dark. The one that worked was Caramel 90. The other powder oxidizes around 1/2 shade darker, specially by the end of the day. Is Not much, but I want to look fresh and bright, and a darker powder defeats that purpose.

It has no comedogenic ingredients that I can tell, but im not sure what is clogging my pores. Im not getting a lot of acne, just a bit. It could be the oil buildup from my skin and my sunscreen plus concealer and powder on top. Im very acne prone, so I get acne just from too much contact with clothing on my upper arms, belly, etc.. Wearing this powder on top of Lancome ultra fundation DEFENETIVELY breaks me out. On its own though, im still not sure. Its strange, as both products PLUS my sunscreen None have comedogenic ingredients that I know of.

Will report back after more wear time.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2014 11:40:00 PM More reviews by AmberMardina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I think it's sooo weird that this has a rash of bad reviews. I finally found a powder than works amazingly on my skin. From other rave reviews, I think maybe this works the best on oily skin. I actually have combination skin but I work hard to exfoliate the dry skin away, moisturize well, and prime. But my skin gets oily through the day so I have been hunting for a powder to set and keep me matte but natural looking. I was using ulta powder foundation and found it to be ok but didn't keep matte. Then I tried a white mattifying powder that mostly washed me out, but did keep me matte. This not only makes me look flawless but keeps me that way all day. The color selection for maybelline is so great for yellow tone, more tan girls like me. It helps cover scars, sets my dream liquid foundation, and keeps me matte all while actually matching my yellow skin perfectly. Love this stuff.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/3/2014 5:58:00 PM More reviews by coldlove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

It was cakey , too dark , and gave me break outs

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2014 12:26:00 PM More reviews by glowing500

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Don't use this. This product is a straight up disaster on my fair, oily skin. It's horrible, heavy, cakey. It aged me 10 years instantly. I loved the other Dream Matte powder so I have no idea why Maybelline would replace it with this sack of chit. The colors are also way too dark, even the lightest color was too dark for my skin.

I'm going to toss it in the trash. No wait, I'm going to put it in the street and run over it with my car, drive down the street and then run over it again. LOL.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2014 4:30:00 AM More reviews by acciohashi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is maybe the worst powder I've ever used in my life. I can even find a use for ELF's $1 powder and at least horrible high end powders look cute for display or have a fancy name on them.
The one possible pro is that the price isn't expensive for drugstore. It's maybe on the lower medium end, very average. It's not cheap as chips but it
This looks like makeup, and not in the "my skin but better" or "too perfect to be true/porcelain doll" way. It looks cakey. When you think of people powdering their noses, you instantly think of grandma makeup and this is exactly what it is. It's not even chalky in a too-absorbant way, it feels really silky smooth but when you put it on anything other than perfect skin, it exaggerates fine lines, dry skin, oily skin, zits, scars. I'm sixteen, but my eyes probably look much, much older with this on. I buff and I sheer and still my face looks terrible. At least it doesn't feel like I have anything on, so I only FEEL "naturally" trashy not cake-face trashy. I feel bad for the poor suckers applying this without a mirror.
I have a very oily t-zone and dry patches on my cheeks and the rest of my face is everything in between. This didn't absorb enough oil for me, and sometimes I'm okay if a powder doesn't do that because then I can use it as a finishing powder on top of matte, flat foundations. However, this doesn't perfect or at the very least not exaggerate skin imperfections. My larger pores weren't called into attention but everything else was. Also, any dryness I had was magnified. I looked like "my face but worse".
Also, this comes with a sponge that helps you get that cake face. If you're giving it away, throw out the sponge and give away a cheap brush, like ELF or Real Techniques.
Who do I recommend this to? Hmm, Well, I would say if you really want a Maybelline powder, you can just use their better ones, like Fit Me. If you have glass-smooth skin, with maybe some pore issues but no acne or scarring or fine lines and you have regular to oily but not very oily skin, then you can probably make this work for you. Basically, it's great if you're younger and a newbie. It doesn't fly everywhere and brushes pick it up nicely, and it's easy to just brush on. It's easy to use, so instead of returning it, I gave it to my younger cousin, who has baby smooth skin and loves playing with makeup.
Also, if you have fairest of the fair skin, you won't find your match even with the lightest shade.
There are so many great powders out there, so I don't see why you'll want to bother with this one. Wet n Wild's Coverall Powder absorbs oil really well, doesn't exaggerates dry spots or imperfections and I'm pretty sure the shades lean much more fair on the lightest shades; plus, full retail, it's more than half the price of this one. Elf's studio powder is great for regular to oily skin(not for very oily skin and not for any type of drier skin) and the clarifying powder is great to finish skin (on top of a matte foundation) or for dry skin(adds a satiny glow and doesn't absorb much oil).

rated 2 of 5 on 9/23/2014 3:20:00 AM More reviews by tinatac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I loved the Dream Matte powder so when I ran out I figured I'd give it's replacement a try. First of all, I felt that the colors were all out of whack. I bought 2 anyway. One shattered within a few days. Beyond that, it did nothing for oil control and looked cakey on my skin. I've since moved on to the Revlon colorstay pressed powder. RIP Dream Matte!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/29/2014 2:38:00 PM More reviews by volcaniclungs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used to use the Dream Matte Powder from Maybelline and it was my Holy Grail until it was discontinued and replaced with this piece of crap. It's honestly the worst because once you apply it, your face is orange. It's like putting a bronzer all over your face. I actually had two of these because I thought that the first one was just the wrong colour and made me look like an oompa loompa, but turns out that the lighter shade that does match me better still has the orange look. Sorry to disappoint any Dream Matte users, but looks like we have to switch to another brand.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2014 10:20:00 PM More reviews by shaylayxox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is definitely a really smooth foundation. I wear this over my concealer and it covers up my pores and small imperfections. It doesn't look chalky or flaky and it gives my face that baby flawless look. It blends very nicely into my skin without giving me a cakey look. Plus, I usually apply it more in my T-zone and it does slightly prevent any shininess from oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2014 5:17:00 PM More reviews by TheBeautySwiftie

I freaking love this powder. It makes my skin look perfect, lasts a while, and prevents any oil. I will definitely repurchase.