Maybelline Dream Wonder Pressed Powder

2.7

Dimethicone, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Talc, Magnesium Stearate, Isostearyl Sebacate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate +/- (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide)

on 6/24/2015 8:33:00 PM

When I first put on the product I used the sponge it came with, at first i thought it was okay. It had medium coverage and seemed like it would keep my face matte. However, after about 5 minutes I looked in the mirror and my skin looked orange! My face looked matte but the color was completely different from when I first put it on. I have a fair complexion and therefore bought the lightest shade, but I still ended up looking like I had a bad tan. I do not recommend this product, if you already own it and want to use it I recommend not using the sponge it came with it puts too much product on.

on 6/20/2015 1:52:00 PM

I like it. I use it with my ELF kabuki brush on my face after applying liquid foundation. The shade (true beige) is warm enough for summer without being too tinted. It keeps my T-Zone from shining and it gives that "airbrush" look we're all craving. I paid 6$ (on sale) for it and i am very satisfied.

on 6/10/2015 3:52:00 AM

I don't get the bad reviews, this is one of the best powders I've ever used. So smooth on the skin.

on 6/9/2015 9:48:00 AM

I have been using and liking Maybelline Fit Me matte + poreless powder but was interested in trying the Dream wonder powder. I find that this works best with my Avon Kabuki brush than the sponge that came with it. Using the sponge applies too much powder. The formula is finely milled and applies smoothly. I would say that it provides light coverage. I use a bit of concealer, Nanoblur primer and then sweep this on my face. I really cannot tell much difference between the Fit Me powder and this Dream Wonder other than the amount that you get. The Fit Me has .29 oz and the Dream Wonder has less powder, only .19 oz. Also, my color in the Maybelline foundation line is Porcelain Ivory. The Fit Me powder is a perfect match for my skin tone, this Dream Wonder in Porcelain Ivory seems to be a couple of shades darker.

on 5/30/2015 10:41:00 PM

I love this powder it is a bit price but it is really good quality for drugstore it not dry at all and gives u a little tint

This is my favorite powder, I have used high end powders around 40$ but I ran out so I bought this for back up. I have to say, I don't think I will ever want to go back again! I got this for around 7$ and it perfect for my combination skin. I love how it is not super powdery it is very smooth and melts onto the skin giving a very natural finish. It also Does not break me out like a lot of powders do. I would say it is medium coverage and even though the product doesnt contain much a little goes a long way and it lasts really Well.

on 3/30/2015 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am in love with this powder. I have fairly clear skin, but a few uneven patches and a little darkness around my eyes. I put on a bit of concealer and this powder,and my skin looks flawless. If you have it in the perfect shade for you, it'll look awesome. It's a heavier coverage powder, a bit thicker, but feels so light. Try it!!

on 3/22/2015 2:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really like this powder, I've been using it for at least a year in the shade classic ivory, which suits me well. It's easy to apply and I don't find that it feels too heavy on my skin. It can look a bit cakey when you first apply it, but I find after ~15 minutes it looks more natural. I can't attest to how long it lasts because I don't used powder every day but for the price I would buy it again - there might be better options out there but I don't really want to shell out a ton of money trying different powders.

on 3/20/2015 5:36:00 AM

I suppose on some level, this is a decent enough powder, esp for DS.
I got the shade Nude, which oddly enough, seems to be washing me out and giving me that 'dead' look. I am NC15 - NC20, so this really should not be 'washing me out' or making me 'look dead,' imho. So that is strange, and a little frustrating.

The powder itself behaves and performs quite well, imo esp for a DS powder. Does not turn funky or funny colors (oxidize). I will say a trivial 'complaint' I have about this product is that it does put off quite the 'poof' dust cloud when I tap my brush into this, and I am just not a fan of that. It does seem to blend into my skin fairly well and does not look cakey. I have been having major skin issues with things either making me look too dry or too oily, and this is 'just right' as far as how it looks and wears. It is mattifying enough without making me look cakey nor clinging to any dry patches.

This also has no scent and does not irritate my skin, which is a huge bonus bc my skin and nose are both very sensitive. I will say if you are looking for a ton of coverage you might not find it with this. But to me, coverage should be from foundation or concealer. This is good for setting or touch-ups, but not heavy-duty major coverage.

UPDATE: I did exchange the Nude for the Creamy Natural, and it is much better. However, to me the colors in this are just a little 'off', so I took the overall rating down bc because the colors are.......kind of...off, just..odd shades. The two shades I did I try just did not look "natural".

If you are on a budget or have decent skin and just want something to set or touch up your makeup, this might be a good choice for you.....Just know that finding a good color might be a little bit of a trying task, as they are not what they 'seem' they should be, and often once on the skin look..interesting..and maybe not in a good way. The powder is okay, but the colors of this really need an overhaul, imho.

Not a terrible powder; but not a great one. The colors are just quite 'off', imo, and not flattering, and that is the main issue I have with this product. I can't rate a powder highly based on performance alone if the color is 'off' or un-natural looking.
Would not re-purchase.

on 1/11/2015 1:13:00 PM

This powder is terrible!! I put it on in the morning and when I came home and looked at my face in the mirror I was shocked. The powder became muddy and DARK like 4 shades darker than the powder in the package was (I bought the shade Ivory - second lightest shade.) I thought that maybe there was a reaction with my foundation so I tried it on by itself and sprayed my setting spray over it and the same thing happened... super dark, brown and muddy looking patches all over my face. I will never buy this powder again.

Video Reviews & Tutorials