July 25, 2014 | 1164 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Wonder Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 7:20:00 PM More reviews by princessyayu

I absolutely love this powder! I wear it over my concealer and only my concealer and it makes my skin look absolutely flawless! I know that it may not be the longest lasting powder there is, but the fact that it makes my skin appear baby-like is good enough for me. I love this powder sooooo much and I'm going to stock up on it because it's pretty cheap at Target; I purchased for only about $6. I don't need a lot of coverage so this powder is perfect for me :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2014 6:18:00 PM More reviews by maybellinehoarder

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Overall, I liked this product. I loved how the color gave me a slight tan, (I bought sun beige) and the packaging is extremely cute. But, it wears off quickly, and you must put it on lightly or it looks cakey. I put it over my BB cream to mattify it, but I also have to use a finishing spray. In my opinion, good for a date, not so great if you don't have the time or the effort. Going out for 4+ hours? Carry it in your purse. I use a brush when applying though, I don't like to use a sponge on my skin at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2014 4:19:00 PM More reviews by Relentless

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Of course, everybody else is hating this product and I LOVE it. But since nothing usually works for me this makes sense. I've used soooo many foundations over the time, in all shapes and forms and prices, from the cheapest to the most expensive. I always have to apply layers upon layers of different foundations and then it woudn't last long, be greasy and accentuate my lines. This is one amazing powder foundation. It hides everything, pores and discolorations and those are my main concerns. I have major discolorations and it makes my skin look "dirty". This hides it all, is not looking dry at all, stays put almost all day and doesn't look oily. What can I say. My Dream Wonder came through.
Of course this product has a few flaws. I don't like the packaging at all. And even the fairest color is still a bit to dark for me - my natural color, under the discoloration, is very fair. But it is perfect for summer. At that price I'll buy many as Maybelline will probably discontinue it since the reviews are so bad. But if you're like me and nothing else's working, give this a try. I think it's worth it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2014 3:32:00 PM More reviews by Yumyumbagels

I'm not sure what the big fuss about this product is! It's a pretty good powder. It keeps my oily skin matte all day. I just have a few concerns. The powder is a little heavy. If you look in the mirror, it looks kind of cakey. Also the packaging is out of hand. When I want to apply powder quickly in public, I don't want to attract attention, and with this product it's kind of impossible not to! But my overall rating would be 4 stars:)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2014 8:15:00 PM More reviews by Harlieeqynne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Terrible. For the last couple weeks I thought I just bought a shade too dark. I tried to offset it with Coty airspun loose powder-STILL WAY TOO DARK and orange. Plus it turned to dry clay by the afternoon. I was just bored and googled it and found these reviews. Do not waste ur money on this, seriously.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/24/2014 1:00:00 PM More reviews by TwinkleToesMose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't know where to begin with this product... I went to Wal-Mart one day and I decided to drop by the make-up aisle which is when I found out they had discontinued the Dream Matte Powder. The Dream Matte was the only product I ever put on my skin ever since I discovered it so, it's been my HG powder for like 4 or 5 years. I thought this powder was a replacement for the Dream Matte since they took the other one off the shelf. I actually like the packaging. I personally think it's cute but that's not enough to keep this worthless powder in my makeup bag. It's just an overall disgrace compared to the Dream Matte and if it shouldn't be compared to the Dream Matte then they shouldn't have replaced it with this junk. I have extremely oily skin and Dream Matte kept me looking perfect for hours, just flawless... with ONLY the powder. This stuff is cakey, thick, doesn't give the same flawless look as the other one, emphasizes my pores, creases, and then melts off. I don't think I'll ever buy from Maybelline again. I'm traumatized by the disappointment.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2014 2:51:00 PM More reviews by slittle90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Horrible...I have no idea why they discontinued the dream matte powder. It was my favorite product by far! I only created an account to write about this new product... First of all, the sponge it comes with is really annoying to use. Also, if you have fair skin like me, don't even bother trying. I got the lightest available (porcelain ivory) and it came out looking like a fake, spray tan orange color. I can't even pull off using it as a bronzer. And this only got worse throughout the day. So disappointed in Maybelline... I'm going to try to return this product. I started experimenting with others to replace it and found that Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in translucent is the closest to the original dream matte powder! Glad I found this. Although it's not quite as good, it's cheaper and does the trick.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/11/2014 10:34:00 PM More reviews by vivyannguyen

Don't buy this! I loved the dream matte powder that got discontinued and used 2 of them! When I went back to the drugstore to buy another one I found out that maybelline was no longer making this. I assumed that dream wonder would be similar or maybe even better. I waited and asked my friends and read reviews about it. I heard that it turned orange/oxidized like crazy so I assumed if I bought a color that was a lot lighter than my skin that it would work. FALSE. It still turned my face orange. The color of my face and neck was extremely different. Never have I evered used such a strange powder that turns extremely orange. I wouldn't even use it as a bronzer. I am usually not that picky about my products but PLEASE DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY! There are cheaper and better powders! I heard Rimmel Stay Matte Powder is good!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/3/2014 7:52:00 PM More reviews by Mariezy

Fit to be thrown away only, nothing else. I really wish I kept the receipt so I could return it. I bought it because I thought it couldn't stray too much away from the Dream Matte powder which has been discontinued. I finished using the Dream Matte and started this one, the difference is all negative:

1) the powder itself gets everywhere when you try to pick it up with a brush.
2) gives a really cakey look
3) way too dark

ugh...Do not recommend.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2014 2:41:00 AM More reviews by myan21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This powder is alright. I purchased this in the colour 60 sandy beige. This colour is a little dark for my current Nc35 shade to wear alone. I find all the colours run dark and when settling foundation with this powder it makes your skin look much darker. I suggest maybe wearing it alone or with foundation that's already too light. I like how soft the powder is and it's light/medium coverage. It's very mediocre.