October 1, 2014 | 1245 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Wonder Pressed Powder

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2014 12:26:00 PM More reviews by glowing500

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Don't use this. This product is a straight up disaster on my fair, oily skin. It's horrible, heavy, cakey. It aged me 10 years instantly. I loved the other Dream Matte powder so I have no idea why Maybelline would replace it with this sack of chit. The colors are also way too dark, even the lightest color was too dark for my skin.

I'm going to toss it in the trash. No wait, I'm going to put it in the street and run over it with my car, drive down the street and then run over it again. LOL.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2014 4:30:00 AM More reviews by acciohashi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is maybe the worst powder I've ever used in my life. I can even find a use for ELF's $1 powder and at least horrible high end powders look cute for display or have a fancy name on them.
The one possible pro is that the price isn't expensive for drugstore. It's maybe on the lower medium end, very average. It's not cheap as chips but it
This looks like makeup, and not in the "my skin but better" or "too perfect to be true/porcelain doll" way. It looks cakey. When you think of people powdering their noses, you instantly think of grandma makeup and this is exactly what it is. It's not even chalky in a too-absorbant way, it feels really silky smooth but when you put it on anything other than perfect skin, it exaggerates fine lines, dry skin, oily skin, zits, scars. I'm sixteen, but my eyes probably look much, much older with this on. I buff and I sheer and still my face looks terrible. At least it doesn't feel like I have anything on, so I only FEEL "naturally" trashy not cake-face trashy. I feel bad for the poor suckers applying this without a mirror.
I have a very oily t-zone and dry patches on my cheeks and the rest of my face is everything in between. This didn't absorb enough oil for me, and sometimes I'm okay if a powder doesn't do that because then I can use it as a finishing powder on top of matte, flat foundations. However, this doesn't perfect or at the very least not exaggerate skin imperfections. My larger pores weren't called into attention but everything else was. Also, any dryness I had was magnified. I looked like "my face but worse".
Also, this comes with a sponge that helps you get that cake face. If you're giving it away, throw out the sponge and give away a cheap brush, like ELF or Real Techniques.
Who do I recommend this to? Hmm, Well, I would say if you really want a Maybelline powder, you can just use their better ones, like Fit Me. If you have glass-smooth skin, with maybe some pore issues but no acne or scarring or fine lines and you have regular to oily but not very oily skin, then you can probably make this work for you. Basically, it's great if you're younger and a newbie. It doesn't fly everywhere and brushes pick it up nicely, and it's easy to just brush on. It's easy to use, so instead of returning it, I gave it to my younger cousin, who has baby smooth skin and loves playing with makeup.
Also, if you have fairest of the fair skin, you won't find your match even with the lightest shade.
There are so many great powders out there, so I don't see why you'll want to bother with this one. Wet n Wild's Coverall Powder absorbs oil really well, doesn't exaggerates dry spots or imperfections and I'm pretty sure the shades lean much more fair on the lightest shades; plus, full retail, it's more than half the price of this one. Elf's studio powder is great for regular to oily skin(not for very oily skin and not for any type of drier skin) and the clarifying powder is great to finish skin (on top of a matte foundation) or for dry skin(adds a satiny glow and doesn't absorb much oil).

rated 2 of 5 on 9/23/2014 3:20:00 AM More reviews by tinatac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I loved the Dream Matte powder so when I ran out I figured I'd give it's replacement a try. First of all, I felt that the colors were all out of whack. I bought 2 anyway. One shattered within a few days. Beyond that, it did nothing for oil control and looked cakey on my skin. I've since moved on to the Revlon colorstay pressed powder. RIP Dream Matte!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/29/2014 2:38:00 PM More reviews by volcaniclungs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used to use the Dream Matte Powder from Maybelline and it was my Holy Grail until it was discontinued and replaced with this piece of crap. It's honestly the worst because once you apply it, your face is orange. It's like putting a bronzer all over your face. I actually had two of these because I thought that the first one was just the wrong colour and made me look like an oompa loompa, but turns out that the lighter shade that does match me better still has the orange look. Sorry to disappoint any Dream Matte users, but looks like we have to switch to another brand.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2014 10:20:00 PM More reviews by shaylayxox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is definitely a really smooth foundation. I wear this over my concealer and it covers up my pores and small imperfections. It doesn't look chalky or flaky and it gives my face that baby flawless look. It blends very nicely into my skin without giving me a cakey look. Plus, I usually apply it more in my T-zone and it does slightly prevent any shininess from oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2014 5:17:00 PM More reviews by TheBeautySwiftie

I freaking love this powder. It makes my skin look perfect, lasts a while, and prevents any oil. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 7:20:00 PM More reviews by princessyayu

I absolutely love this powder! I wear it over my concealer and only my concealer and it makes my skin look absolutely flawless! I know that it may not be the longest lasting powder there is, but the fact that it makes my skin appear baby-like is good enough for me. I love this powder sooooo much and I'm going to stock up on it because it's pretty cheap at Target; I purchased for only about $6. I don't need a lot of coverage so this powder is perfect for me :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2014 6:18:00 PM More reviews by maybellinehoarder

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Overall, I liked this product. I loved how the color gave me a slight tan, (I bought sun beige) and the packaging is extremely cute. But, it wears off quickly, and you must put it on lightly or it looks cakey. I put it over my BB cream to mattify it, but I also have to use a finishing spray. In my opinion, good for a date, not so great if you don't have the time or the effort. Going out for 4+ hours? Carry it in your purse. I use a brush when applying though, I don't like to use a sponge on my skin at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2014 4:19:00 PM More reviews by Relentless

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Of course, everybody else is hating this product and I LOVE it. But since nothing usually works for me this makes sense. I've used soooo many foundations over the time, in all shapes and forms and prices, from the cheapest to the most expensive. I always have to apply layers upon layers of different foundations and then it woudn't last long, be greasy and accentuate my lines. This is one amazing powder foundation. It hides everything, pores and discolorations and those are my main concerns. I have major discolorations and it makes my skin look "dirty". This hides it all, is not looking dry at all, stays put almost all day and doesn't look oily. What can I say. My Dream Wonder came through.
Of course this product has a few flaws. I don't like the packaging at all. And even the fairest color is still a bit to dark for me - my natural color, under the discoloration, is very fair. But it is perfect for summer. At that price I'll buy many as Maybelline will probably discontinue it since the reviews are so bad. But if you're like me and nothing else's working, give this a try. I think it's worth it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2014 3:32:00 PM More reviews by Yumyumbagels

I'm not sure what the big fuss about this product is! It's a pretty good powder. It keeps my oily skin matte all day. I just have a few concerns. The powder is a little heavy. If you look in the mirror, it looks kind of cakey. Also the packaging is out of hand. When I want to apply powder quickly in public, I don't want to attract attention, and with this product it's kind of impossible not to! But my overall rating would be 4 stars:)