March 2, 2015 | 1137 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Wonder Pressed Powder

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2015 1:13:00 PM More reviews by Laurelwood

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This powder is terrible!! I put it on in the morning and when I came home and looked at my face in the mirror I was shocked. The powder became muddy and DARK like 4 shades darker than the powder in the package was (I bought the shade Ivory - second lightest shade.) I thought that maybe there was a reaction with my foundation so I tried it on by itself and sprayed my setting spray over it and the same thing happened... super dark, brown and muddy looking patches all over my face. I will never buy this powder again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2015 2:53:00 PM More reviews by lessav13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

The product itself is WONDERFUL. Very good powder. BUT... 1) not the best for fair skin -- the lightest shade is not that fair, and 2) you get a TINY bit in the container, so you run out very quickly. So, seemingly inexpensive, but actually becomes not so cheap when you consider how little product you have.

Would still purchase again because the powder itself is great for my skin. I have acne-prone, oily T-zone skin, very fair skin. I use the lightest shade, and it does match my skin, maybe a tiny shade darker. Great for re-touching because it doesn't cake up, very fine powder. Leaves skin matte for a good few hours, and that's pretty good for my skin which gets oily quickly. Just wish they had a shade slightly lighter and a more standard amount of product in the pan.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2015 2:25:00 PM More reviews by dlittlegarden

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the feel of this powder when it's applied with a fluffy powder brush. It is sooo smooth and blendable. Only problem is, the shade I chose, which is my exact match when in the package, oxidizes enough for it to look horribly patchy, like I have a rash, when I where it. I'm actually now using this as a very light contour powder now that it's winter. Maybe next time I'll guess right and get the correct color for me, but I'm already on the pale side, so I'm concerned about getting another one that oxydizes.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2014 1:16:00 AM More reviews by ayoocynthiagee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wasn't bad. The shade worked well for me because of my Hispanic tan/warm undertone, but it honestly works like a sheer powdered foundation. It feels a little thick for a "fine powder" it lasts a good amount of time, keeps me matte and has a beautiful finish. I just wish it could last longer.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/14/2014 12:04:00 AM More reviews by bbarry75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Luckily, I got a sample, of this. It showed every pore and line I didn't know I had. The worst.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/6/2014 11:05:00 PM More reviews by mpg123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Why Maybelline discontinued the Dream Matte powder is beyond me. It was such a popular product and I don't know why they would replace it with this piece of crap.

This is the worst powder I have ever used. Maybelline Dream Matte powder was my HG and this is awful. This is thick and heavy and gross feeling on the skin. Not to mention , this shade selection is HORRIBLE. Every shade is dark and orange. DO NOT BUY THIS! Maybelline, I hope you're happy because you just lost a costumer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2014 4:27:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I haven't bought a drugstore powder in eons and I was in the mood for an inexpensive splurge when I picked up the new formulation of Maybelline's Dream Wonder powder. While the original matte formula was much loved, it felt a little too dry for my liking.

I actually like this formula enough to give 3.5 lipsticks with the deduction for mediocre colour section and packaging.
I'm a NC30/C3 and Sandy Beige is the closest match for me and even then, it's just a tiny bit on the dark side so this powder is ideal in the summer for me.

What I don't like about the formula is that it is slightly chalky and not finely milled like other powders. Plus the packaging isn't that attractive (no mirror either) and I suspect the compact would break easily.

Still, I'd buy this powder again if I wanted a spare compact for work, the gym bag or travelling.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2014 3:03:00 PM More reviews by koalanoises

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

the first thing i noticed about this stuff is that it oxidizes. BADLY. had it a few months ago and figured i just bought the wrong shade, so i went to ulta with my current HG foundation and matched it to classic beige... same color exactly. In the car i went to put it on, and after 20 seconds or so i was a nasty rusty looking color that was SO off. so i went back to ulta and went a few shades lighter to classic ivory (keep in mind, i'm chinese and i live in florida. i am usually on the deeper tan side of the spectrum) and it was a perfect match after oxidization. the only reason i went through so much trouble, though, is because it really has wonderful coverage and leaves a gorgeous finish so i can just throw it on in the car with nothing else and look decent.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2014 12:14:00 AM More reviews by ResistanceIsFutile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought the lightest shade *which I never am in foundations and powders* and it turned so orange on my skin. And then, with normal purse wear and tear, it crumbled into a million messy pieces, again a first for me. I should've known because every other one in the display was shattered, too.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2014 12:05:00 AM More reviews by CosmoFan12

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Once again, Maybelline seems to have a knack for blend ability with their foundations,concealers and powders and this product is no exception. That's why I gave it 2 lippies. That's where it ends. The finish on this is dull, lifeless and would be more suited for some mortician to use.
Honestly,Maybelline really needs to work on the finishes and tones of their facial cosmetics.