September 2, 2014 | 1953 users online

Eye Shadow - Cover Girl - Flamed Out Shadow Pencil - Melted Caramel Flame #350

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2014 1:36:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hate is not a word I throw around on these reviews but I have to use it for these shadow pencils - I tried two of them and hated them both. I had high hopes - from the outside, they looked like they would be a drugstore dupe for my beloved Laura Mercier Caviar Sticks. Not even close. Let's start with the pigmentation issue. Where Caviar Sticks are richly pigmented with deep shimmery colors and no glitter fallout whatsoever, the Flamed Out Shadow Sticks have little color payoff, and tons of cheep-looking multi-hued glitter fallout everywhere. I applied these on top of my Urban Decay Primer Potion, hoping that would help make the color show up, but no luck - it had no effect on it. I am pale - NC15 on a tan day - so that's clearly not the problem. All I see is glitter when I apply these, rather than actual color. I also got this in #335, a greyed olive green, with all the same issues as the brown. I'm really annoyed with these since I can't return them - total waste of money. Straight to the trash bin!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2013 1:08:00 AM More reviews by Halloqueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love these shadow pencils. They are very easy to apply, add just enough color, and last a reasonable amount of time. Melted Caramel Flame is a slightly goldish, bronzish light brown that is very pretty used as a liner or full on shadow. It is shimmery, but not over the top. It adds a tiny bit of sparkle which makes my green gold eyes pop. Purchased on sale, they are a great buy. I'm going to purchase a back up, which I almost never do. I had to go to three places to find this color, as this was about the only color which was sold out. I also have the light pink one, and it's equally as good. I usually don't do drugstore, but I'm glad I did in this case. Well worth the small amount of money.