Bourjois Happy Light Luminous Primer

3.6

on 3/28/2015 6:47:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This gives my dry, sensitive skin a subtle but long-lasting dewy sheen, and has even prompted my friends to ask if I've had a facial. My skin feels hydrated, smooth and comfortable all day - even in the office. So all in all, enough reasons to repurchase! I smooth this on with my fingertips after I've let my usual moisturizer sink in, and I don't need to reapply. I hardly ever bother with foundation, but like to wear this anyway as it makes my skin feel nice and "finished".

on 12/31/2014 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This is now one of my favourite primers! I don't like silicone primers like Benefit Porefessional cause I feel that it doesn't do anything, really. But this one is in a serum consistency & i love it. Immediately after you've applied this you could see your 'glow'! It's quite hydrating but not a reason to skip your moisturiser. I bought this one for $21 AUD not too bad of a price but I would probably repurchase this if it was on sale cause it's still too much for a drugstore product. Overall I love this & you should get this if you don't already have one!!

on 12/26/2014 6:27:00 PM

Very nice to apply, fresh and dewy, too scented so it gave me a reaction and ended up breaking me out. Has an SPF, make up lasts longer, but it doesn't make your complexion any more luminous. Definitely NOT for sensitive skin and there must be better primers out there...

on 10/7/2014 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

it does not do anything to my face as at the end of the day, it still gets oily instead of moisturising. i mean it ok but I wont repurchase something that does not do anything to my face.

on 7/6/2014 8:21:00 AM

I did my research before I got this primer and noticed that there aren't much reviews about it here so I was a bit torn between the luminous and the matte one, but since I wanted a Dewey glowing effect I went with this one and it did not disappoint me. It smoothed out my pores instantly although most reviews I read and watched said that the matte primer was specific for this type of problem but I found that the luminous did a very good job, and my foundation stayed on perfectly for 9 hours even when I spent an hour in a humid atmosphere.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This primer is not bad, but it wasn't what I was looking for. I do not have oily skin and I do have pores but I do not feel bothered by them, so I wasn't looking for something to help with that. I wanted something with a luminous finish that would help my foundation last longer.
I thought the luminising effect was quite disappointing, too subtle for me to really see a difference between with or without. The tube is small so I don't see it lasting long with day to day use (I couldn't believe it cost 14.90€ for so small a tube. Thank God I got it for free.) but I do like the packaging. It's very easy to apply - it's a nice, moist primer that feels like applying your daily moisturizer, almost. Unfortunately, that's also its effect: it feels like it just lightly moisturizes my skin. My foundation seemed to last even less with this than it does when I'm not wearing anything, so really, this was disappointing on every regards.

on 12/28/2013 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Unlike the Bourjois Light Matte Primer which I would pass over in favour of the Bourjois Flower Perfection Primer, this one is the bees knees. It is a great dewy primer. It smooths on in a thin, milky layer, it's really light and moisturising and gives a healthy, hydrated finish. It's very subtly iridescent, not glittery or shimmery but slightly reflective in a natural way. It's a good base after moisturising for a dewy or natural finish foundation for a radiant look.