October 2, 2014 | 1001 users online

Moisturizers - L'Occitane - angelica ultra matte fluid with citron bio

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2014 7:17:00 PM More reviews by bubblewarped

I don't get the terrible reviews! I really love this product and would absolutely purchase again. It's got a silky, cream-gel consistency that spreads very easily over skin -- I only use a small amount, less than a full pump, to cover my entire t-zone. During the summer I use it over my entire face, not just my t-zone, because I get o-i-l-y. I'm not sure what others were expecting from this product but I was searching for something light and decently hydrating to replace the usual moisturizers that just seemed to make me greasy within two hours and actually CONTROL oil, and this is perfect! It sinks right into my skin, makes it smooth and satiny and preps it really well for makeup, though I do still use a primer afterwards. My skin is quite oily, so I imagine the benefits of this hinge on what type of skin you have.

I LOVE it because it does go a long way to reduce the amount of oil/sebum I produce throughout the day. With regular moisturizers (and I've tried a lot, including oil-controlling ones) I invariably am a disco ball within two hours, starting with my nose and forehead especially, so I pay special attention those areas with this product. I don't expect anything to keep me completely oil-free because that's impossible, but it does an amazing job at keeping my skin 'glowy' rather than greasy when the oils do start coming in, and extends the time before touch ups or blotting by several more hours, at least another half of a work day. I consider that success. So if you're quite an oily person like myself, this is product is wonderful.

The bottle is lovely and the pump dispenses product well -- and because you don't have to use much, I've been using it for at least 6 months now and still have got plenty left. It does have a bit of a floral scent but I find it pleasant and it's gone by the time you've applied it. Definitely pricy but worth it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2014 7:50:00 AM More reviews by cherryme

I like the smell, the packaging and the colour but it doesn't do anything!
It doesn't mattify. It dries the skin and makes my pores look bigger.
It is quite expensive also. Not worth it.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/31/2013 4:13:00 PM More reviews by amandam2m

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It does nothing! It's just a very expensive and ordinary moisturizer. I have oily skin and it gets the normal oily after using this product. Their Red Rice line (discontinued) was so much better.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2013 12:19:00 PM More reviews by lissa2m

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

2 months
Been using this for 2 months now. After use, can see the mattyfying effect. I use it as a daily Moisturizer day and night. I notice my face looks brighter firmer and pores tightened. It really covers imperfection when taking photos. Face looks very smooth in photos. It really helps with acne management. Only thing is try not to accidentaly place Moisturizer on your lips. Has a drying effect on lips.

1 year + (finishing my second bottle)
I apply it day and night for about a year now. Its a lovely moisturizer that absorbs very fast into the skin. Doesn't break me out. I only have occasional pimples close to my time of the month. However, it does nothing for blackheads or whiteheads. Seems to be numerous on my face. First 2-3 months, the matte effect was present and my face would only shine in the late evenings. Now this has changed though and the matte effect is no more present. by the second hour am shining away and need to blot my face.

Currently looking for another product that will regulate oil.