Ole Henriksen Lemon Strip

4.3

Water, Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, Carrageenan, Glycerin, Potassium Hydroxide, Xanthan Gum, Vaccinium Myrtillus Fruit Extract, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Acer Saccharum (Sugar Maple) Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Rhizome/Root, Tocopheryl Acetate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Oleth 20, Citric Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Limonene, Fragrance.

on 8/18/2015 11:05:00 PM

This product is really effective but I am worried about storage. Another website said that some of the active ingredients start deteriorating after you open the jar due to contact with air. While I can't help the air contact, will storing it in the refrigerator help?
Can somebody please tell me how they store this product to maintain the effectiveness. It's pretty expensive so I don't want it to lose all its mojo!

on 4/17/2015 9:31:00 AM

This stuff is awesome! I've been using it for about a year now, but I don't use it all the time. I use it only when my skin needs it or before big events. It is a facial in a bottle! This is a strong peel so I recommend you try before you buy and be mindful when using it. I use a daily moisturizer with glycolic acids so my skin is able to handle it. I use it when I have dry patches, dull looking skin, or if I see some pimples forming under the skin. It immediately takes care of all of these things (dry skin gone, skin looks bright and renewed, and pores are unblocked and pimple is avoided). Do expect some potential dryness as the dead skin comes off, but afterwards your skin will be smooth, clear, bright and soft! It comes with a brush but I've never used it. I always just use a Q-tip to dig up the gel from out of the jar and then I spread with my hands (wash hands thoroughly after). It costs 60$ CAD for a jar which I think is very reasonable. Its cheaper than a facial and you get many uses out of it! I definitely recommend this if you're looking for a strong peel.

on 4/10/2015 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I am a huge fan of doing masks and peels. It is my weekly ritual with a glass of wine! Haha. I was very excited to try this one. I am a fan of the other products from this brand and I felt like my skin needed a little rejuvenating.

I liked how the product came with a brush. It was very handy, mind you I find the brush a little rough on the skin which isn't something I want right before I apply a peel. The product smells great and gives you a mild tingling sensation (if you're not too sensitive) I generally leave mine on for 10 minutes once a week. I have been using it for three months now and haven't noticed a huge difference in the overall appearance of my skin. Right after using it my skin feels fresh, smooth and bright but I am not noticing and reduction in pores at all. I don't have bad skin by any means but I don't feel like I wake up everyday with bright fresh skin because of this lemon peel. I will continue to use it until I run out but I doubt I will purchase it again.

on 10/31/2014 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Game-changer. Seriously, just so, so good.

My issue with most peels that I purchase at the drug store or Sephora is that they usually aren't strong enough. I like something that packs a real wallop and am willing to deal with some uncomfortable tingling to get there. The Lemon Strip Flash Peel is everything I could have asked for.

It looks and feels like your standard enzyme peel - it's a clear gel that smells like lemon (tastes like it too, having accidentally gotten some in my mouth). The packaging is just a jar, but they include a small brush that is really great at getting the perfect amount of product spread around your face (and keeping everything hygienic). You basically spread a thin layer over all effected areas and wait for a few minutes. If you have sensitive skin, this will probably tingle very uncomfortably (I've found that after a few uses, you definitely get used to it). It doesn't dry down or anything, it just eats off all of the dead skin on your face and then you wash it off. One thing I don't love about it is that the packaging does not come with instructions on how often to use it - I really, really would not do more than once a week, depending on how often you exfoliate with other products, as it's very strong and anything more than that would probably be irritating.

I've had SUCH good results with this thing, in terms of brightening up my complexion and helping even out dark spots from acne scarring. And my skin feels SO soft and healthy for days after I use it - it's tempting to keep touching my face. I can't speak to how this benefits acne, as I'm on prescription medication for that, but as it does a really great job of eliminating excess dead skin and declogging your pores, I'd imagine that it probably helps. I wouldn't put it on any skin where you have open breakouts.

Ole Henriksen is also a really great brand to support - they don't test on animals, and they emphasize using natural ingredients in their products (note: they aren't certified Organic). I've never once been disappointed in a product from them.

I'd highly recommend - it's not cheap, but my personal philosophy is that skincare is worth investing in because it means you spend less on makeup. Definitely worth stopping by Sephora for a sample.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is amazing. It gives you bright even toned skin and it's not temporary. I've been using this for a few weeks now and I've noticed that my face is a lot brighter and more even toned. With continued use I hope it will fade acne scars too. So far I've been seeing amazing results that lasts even days after I wash this off. I love it!

It does sting a tiny bit when I apply it but nothing crazy or uncomfortable. I feel like it is a harsh product but you just have to be careful where you apply it. For example, I have some active acne breakouts and I found that when I applied this over them it irritated my pimples and made them very red. However this products works so well on the rest of my skin so I just apply and wipe off any that gets on my active breakouts.

It smells citrusy and it goes on like a clear gel. I use a very thin layer and leave on for 15 mins and it works great. I have sensitive skin but this works for me because I don't leave it on for too long and I avoid using it on my acne. Highly recommend if you want something that will give you long term bright healthy even toned skin!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

If you have acne prone skin, I would reccomend this one. Do not use facial peelings with the "sand" in it if you have acne, it will make it worse. Use something like this instead.

on 1/30/2014 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have dry sensitive skin and as much as love exfoliating products I usually have to use a bit of caution as to avoid irritation. I applied a thin layer and rinsed after 10 minutes per the label. I didn't have any burning during application, nor did I wake up with redness and flakies the next day. I did however wake up with amazing, smooth, glowing skin. If i could change one thing about this product it would be the packaging, I wish it where in a pump or squeeze tube. Other than that, great product.

on 1/28/2014 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I received a small size of Lemon Strip out of an Ole Henriksen kit I purchased a while back and Wow! This stuff is potent, and that's coming from a long time Glycolic acid user. I was like, meeeh...I can use this longer than ten minutes. Bad idea. The right side of my mouth became a little desensitized. Nothing too bad though (no scaring). My skin was left super smooth, and bright. I'm so excited about this product. Can't wait to see the accumulated results after a couple of months of use. I will update. Off to purchase the full size!

on 1/20/2014 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Bought this a year ago and while I never saw the results it promised (my pores looked a bit enlarged after using this, didn't see improvement in uneven skintone) I did think it improved roughness and my makeup went on much smoother the next day, so I continued to use it bi-weekly. HOWEVER, I used this after a few months of rest the other day and was SO disappointed with the results. My skin was burning so I immediately rinsed off only to find my skin red, bumpy and my pores were burned to the point that there was small cuts in my t-zone. Yes, caused some bleeding! Not sure what happened but it took 2 weeks for my skin to heal.. Really surprised by the results. Sensitive skin- BE CAUTIOUS to buy this!

on 1/3/2014 7:48:00 PM

This is my favorite exfoliator! I've tried the Ren one, but didn't find that effective at all. This does sting, but my skin is baby soft and radiant afterwards. The brush that it comes with is scratchy, so I threw it out. Yes it's expensive, but if you only use it once or twice a week, it can last a long time since you don't need much to cover your whole face.

Popular Treatments (Face)