April 17, 2014 | 1471 users online

Lip Gloss - L'Oreal - Extraordinaire by Color Riche Lip Color (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2014 9:14:00 AM More reviews by ningurl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

LOVE! Feels so luxurious on the lips, the gloss isn't sticky like MAC lipglass and when the gloss DOES wear down (usually within say 4 hours) the colour on my lips is still there. I want one in every colour! (I own the pink tremolo one). Also moisturizes and doesn't accentuate any lip flakies I may have.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2014 2:24:00 AM More reviews by muzikmk18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A lot of people compare this to the Maybelline Color Elixir but I prefer the L'oreal version better. L'oreal actually owns Maybelline so I wasn't surprised when L'oreal came out with their own version of a 'liquid lipstick'.

The texture is quite similar to Maybelline's but I feel it like it's a little less sticky. I much prefer L'oreal's packaging and I found that I was more attracted to their shades. I have the colour "Coral Encore" which as the name suggests, a beautiful coral color. It has really nice pigmentation and a glossy finish to it. It also has a pretty decent lasting power but it does have a slight scent to it. Not anything gross or overpowering. It's quite a nice lip product and I'll be checking out more shades.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 8:05:00 PM More reviews by aimage

I bought this because I saw a review my a youtuber I watch saying how much she loved them. I got one in the colour rose symphony 201. I like it more than I thought I would. I've seen this advertised as a liquid lipstick but its actually a gloss. I was kind of disappointed because I'm not really a fan of lipgloss mostly because of the feeling. The colour is nice, I can wear it on its own and it is pigmented enough to show up on my lips. On a side note though, My lips aren't pigmented to begin with. I would say this has a good amount of pigment to it. If you layer it more it will definitely show up. It is quite pigmented, it can look sheer if you don't put as much and sheer the colour out.

It has sparkle to it but no glitter. It isn't overally sparkly where I notice it to much which I like. It is a shiny gloss but the longer I have this gloss on my lips it becomes tackier and the shine wears of more. It just gives a nice natural looking colour to my lips. I also normally wear this sheered out for a natural colour of pink. It is also not gloppy shiny type of gloss which I really hate about lipgloss but it is sticky.

There is one con I don't like about this gloss though. It has a strong scent to it. At first I really liked it. It smells sweet and fruity? It goes away after a while when it is on your lips but I'm starting to grow sick of it because it is so strong.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2014 11:01:00 PM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

I really love these. Initially I picked up 101 Rose Melody and 103 Blushing Harmony. I have very fair skin and was nervous about some of the other shades. 101 is barely noticeable on, just a sheer minimal pink. 103 is a bit more of a MLBB shade. I have since picked up 500 Molto Mauve and 201 Rose Symphony. 201 is the brightest I own of the shades and it looks AMAZING on, I highly recommend this colour. It's a bright pink but it has a little bit of a warm/coral undertone and is very flattering. 500 is a dusty rose a bit darker that 103 but in the same colour family imo.
On to the formula, it's amazing, more like a much higher end liquid lipstick. I'm not quite sure what these are, they have the pigmentation of a lipstick, the shine of a gloss and the staying power isn't bad. They last longer than a gloss but not as long as some lipsticks. They are comfortable to wear and when they do fade it's an even fade so they never really look bad. The scent is not that typical L'oreal lipstick smell (I hate that smell) it's a little bit fruity and not too bad at all. The applicator is fine, I'm not wowed by it but I have no issues with it either. The tube is nice looking, I don't really like the fake window with the plastic insert in the colour of the lipstick, it seems pointless to me.
Overall this is one of the best lip products I've tried. I will eventually buy most of these and would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2014 1:35:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I initially bought this in the shade 103 -blushing harmony on sale at London drugs in Canada for $7. And I'm so glad I did. This colour on my NC25-NC30 skintone is the perfect MLBB "my lips but better" colour. I feel that it's that perfect bride lip... Not so in your face but noticeable enough that it gives you that "natural glowing look".
This product does smell like dried fruits / fruit punch... It's quite noticeable for several minutes. The texture of the lip product is semi-sticky, semi- opaque and it remains glossy for about 1 - 2 hours. Also, because it is a gloss, I don't expect it to have lasting power in comparison to a matte lipstick/ or stain. The packaging reminds me of the YSL liquid lipstick/ stain, but this is in a gold square tube with the colour of the lipstick embedded on its side. I would definitely buy this shade again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 8:42:00 PM More reviews by lulu56

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

For a dollar more than Maybelline's Color Elixir, I also bought Blushing Harmony. I kind of like the flavor/taste of this and the color isn't bad either, a pinkish mauve. I eat dried apricots on occasion and this tasted exactly like them. And I like this better than the Maybelline's. The gold case looks classy and easier to find in your purse. Love that L'Oreal has more reds in this line too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2014 7:49:00 PM More reviews by bluezinnia

I have the shade called "Blushing Harmony." It's gorgeous, the perfect pink-mauve for a fair-skinned woman. However, the smell is pretty strong, and never really goes away. It's weirdly fruity, probably most akin to the smell of apricots. The packages weren't sealed at all in the CVS where I bought mine. I've noticed some bloggers referred to the item as having a window on it; they don't, that's just a plastic piece representing the color. I'm kind of torn on this one - I love the color but that smell is pretty darned strong. I find that it lasts fairly well and does seem to leave a little color on when the gloss wears off.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2014 3:37:00 PM More reviews by babysharks

I have this gloss in Plum Adagio, a deep purple with a small amount of glitter. I picked up a tube of this gloss after hearing that this was a close dupe for YSL's stains. YSL's color selection did not include a deep plum color, so I decided to give Loreal's version a try. I can't say I'm too impressed. The gloss itself is thick and stays sticky on the lips long after you apply it. The color is pretty on the applicator, but doesn't transfer well onto my lips. Some areas ended up very sheer while other areas were heavily covered in a thick, sticky layer of gloss.
I didn't find the staying power to be very impressive. I put the gloss on in the morning and found that it had nearly disappeared an hour or two later. There was hardly any hint of color or stain on my lips. You'd probably need to reapply this particular shade often to achieve a dark, long-lasting stain. I'm looking for something a little more low-maintenance with better color payoff.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2014 3:38:00 AM More reviews by pictureperfect09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm loving these! I started out with the (safe) Molto Mauve shade. After wearing it for a few days I knew I had to get more colors, and they have a nice range of vibrant shades. As it's been said, it is similar to the Maybelline Color Elixirs, which I have tried previously. However, this is far nicer quality. First of all, it isn't strongly fragranced like the Maybelline one. I don't usually care if a product has a fragrance or not, but the Maybelline is pungent. Something that goes literally right beneath your nose all day should be much more pleasant. That smells like that chemically "makeup" smell with additional fragrance added in an attempt to mask it, but only making it stronger. This L'oreal product has a very slight fragrance that isn't distracting.
This also has more pigmented shades and goes on the lips smoother. It will stay vibrant for hours, lasting longer than the Maybelline too.
I definitely will be purchasing the Extrodinaire over the Elixirs now on.

Also, some people seem to be confused as to what this is comparable to. This is NOT THE DUPE for the YSL Glossy Stains. I don't understand where that idea came from; This doesn't claim to be similar. The texture of this is slippery, while the Glossy Stains are slightly sticky. If you've tried the Glossy Stain it would be obvious these have completely different purposes and comparing the two would be illogical. The dupe for that is called the Colour Caresse Wet Shine Stain, another product from L'oreal.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2014 4:15:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am loving these lip colors! I was initially very curious about them but hesitant to purchase and then I watched some YouTube reviews. Took the plunge and bought Orange Tempo and Pink Tremolo. I fell head over heels, particularly for Orange Tempo! I will be rocking this one heavily, especially in the warmer months. I went back and bought Plum Adagio. There are some very beautiful colors in the line. This seems like one of those products that you will either love or hate. My only cons are that they could be a bit longer lasting and they are pricey. Other than that, I love the look and feel of the formula, and the colors.