October 31, 2014 | 1348 users online

Top/Base Coats - Nailtek - 10-Speed

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2013 12:35:00 AM More reviews by bonniherself

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

MUA doesn't have a section for this product, which is not a top coat, but rather a light, oily liquid you apply to wet nails with a dropper, in order to speed the drying time. In that it does speed up the drying time, it's somewhat like a fast-dry topcoat, but this product does not add an extra layer of laquer to your nails to protect the manicure. It only speeds up drying time, but it does that VERY well.

I sometimes use this in conjunction with a fast-drying top coat to really get things moving, but I'm more likely to use this with a conventional top coat (that is, a clear top coat which does not have any "fast dry" properties or promises).

Years ago (like, in the 80s), I got a salon manicure as a gift and I couldn't work out at the time how it was that she got my polish to dry so quickly. Whenever I tried to do my own nails, it would take ages for the polish to dry, and I usually ended up with smudges and dents and other problems. Eventually, I figured out it must be some sort of fast-dry product, and since I've been using these drops, I've realised that this (or something like it; there are many brands) was certainly what she used over the clear top coat to make everything dry so I could walk out of the salon with nicely polished nails that didn't smudge and dent. Products like this have been in use by professionals for decades, it would seem. I'm really glad I tried these drops, because they're extremely effective, easy to use, and enable me to do manicures with traditional top coats if I wish (sometimes I do prefer them for various reasons).

Good product. Will definitely be buying this again.