April 19, 2014 | 1774 users online

Eye Shadow - Lancome - Color Design Eye Brightening All-In-One 5 Shadow and Liner Palette

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 2:41:00 AM More reviews by Momeramas

This is a pricey item, but the quality is there. I hesitated to buy it for a long time because I have the Nakeds, a couple of Tom Ford neutral palettes, the Lorac pro palette, etc. Also, I have had mixed feelings about Lancome eyeshadows - some I like but some I don't.
But I am very glad I have this collection. The packaging is pretty and sturdy with a large mirror. It is compact for travel or to throw in your purse, the colors work very well together, no fallout, shadows are buttery and pigmented, and they do last all day over my UDPP.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2013 7:10:00 PM More reviews by michele4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Let me start with the packaging-very nice, same silver box the foundations, if not all Lancome products are packaged in. (I got mine in Coral Crush 200(I'm gonna get a few more colors that struck my eye), which is perfect for my medium brown eyes)Open it up & it gets even better. You get a good sized black compact (w/Lancomes signature flower imprint in the lower right-hand corner) that if you turn it over to the back of it, it shows very clear instructions on how to apply, just a little sticker, but comprehensive. Now lets get to the good part:the inside. You get a hard clear plastic thing that sits atop the shadows that is imprinted with the directions on how they made it to be applied. You can keep that or toss it. I tossed it, cause really, the 1st time I used it, I used it the way they meant for it to be applied. Then as I got to thinking, I paid around $56.00 for this & in NO WAY AM I GONNA WEAR this palette THE EXACT SAME WAY EVERY TIME I wear it.I've had this for 9 days & with all the colors you get, I've never worn an eye look the same way twice-which is what I like:more bang for your buck. Also inside is a little book showing you STEP-BY-STEP instructions for a FINISHED DAY LOOK, FLIP IT OVER & you get STEP-BY-STEP instructions for a FINISHED NIGHT LOOK. It's also got artistry tips to complete your look,however you want to do it.Now the shadows; you get a goldie-pinkie-peach(the All-Over Base),a peachy-pink,but more so peachy(Lid Color),a warm brown(Crease Color), a silvery-pinkie-beige(Highlighter/Illuminator) and a warm,shimmering brown w/tiny flecks of copper(Liner)-that produce NO FALL DOWN, even though there are those tiny flecks of copper. This is the most BEAUTIFUL COLOR & I wish they sold it as a single. NEXT PART:these go on like a dream-no dragging/pulling, blend like buttah, & NO CREASING! Even better than that,& I didn't think it could get better is that they DON'T CREASE OR FADE. If you put in the morning as part of your routine & go to work, etc. it will look exactly the same in the evening as when you applied it . I wouldn't waste mine or anyones time if it were anything short of perfection. Apologies for the MASSIVE review. Why write a review on something, especially something expensive, if you're not gonna give a complete review(you know who you are!) oh P.S. the highlighter in the compact can be used(sparingly)to your face. i.e. on top of cheekbones, down the nose, etc. Going back for the mauve cherie among, among others.