Bath and Body Works Velvet Sugar

on 8/26/2015 2:06:00 PM

I just bought this stuff a few weeks ago and I LOVE it. It has great sillage and longevity and that's important to me. I have the mist and lotion. I use both in the morning and then during the day I'll touch up with the travel size body mist and I use the travel lotion as a hand lotion. I've gotten numerous compliments on this fragrance. I find this to be a milder sweet scent and not as heady as say Pink Sugar. This is very girly and feminine.

I originally bought the perfume and lotion but the perfume imo is kinda cumbersome to use and spray since it's an atomizer. Honestly, the body mist and the lotion of this certainly suffices in terms of scent. It's still late summer and I will be wearing this into fall. It's a scent that can be worn all year around. I usually wear my scents by occasion and season. I'm thinking I might go with Dark Kiss when it gets colder.

I'm on a BBW kick. I've snubbed BBW as I gotten older thinking I've outgrown it. But they have some scents I really enjoy. More importantly, this cheap stuff LASTS on me! I've spent $$$$$$$$$$ on parfums and perfumes and I have to bathe in most of them for you to smell it.

This stuff is like a burst of sweet, girly, but not sickeningly sweet. It just smells good! This and apricot vanilla from BBW are my staples right now. I do not forsee myself shelling out more $$$ for a perfume for a while. When I walk by, I get "ohhh Britt you smell good, what is that ?!?!". That is the type of reaction I want from a scent, not having to use over 15 sprays of a perfume that is way more costly just to get the same reaction.

on 6/13/2015 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

First off, the packaging of this product is simply adorable! Love the color and lacey effect! This was one of my favorite fragrances, as I love either sugary/sweet or clean/fresh fragrances. This one is (obviously) a sugary/sweet scent. It starts out actually fruity, like apples and nectarines. Then, it becomes a duo of floral and sugary, like red velvet, freesia, and honeysuckle. Finally, it ends completely sugary, like caramel, vanilla, and strawberries and cream. I will admit, between the middle and the end, there is an awkward stage where it smells a bit like baby powder, but that quickly ends. Enjoy!

on 5/21/2015 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

One of my favorite fragrance mist that I own from the B&BW line. It's playful and makes a gal feel put together.

My friend got this for me, and I got her Twilight Woods (Is that what's it called? LOL) in return.

on 1/1/2015 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have this in the body spray & perfume...this review is for the body spray.

I got the whole entire set for Christmas back in 2013 and am still in love with it!!!

*From the B&BW site..Top Notes: Wild Strawberries, White Nectarine, Pear Blossom, Apple Nectar
•Mid Notes: Pink Jasmine, Golden Plum, Red Velvet Créme, Dewy Honeysuckle, Freesia
•Dry Notes: Golden Amber, Vanilla , Tolu Balsam, Caramel, Baileys Créme, Sugared Musk

I mainly smell the red velevet crème,amber,vanilla,caramel,sugared musk & Baileys crème. Its so yummy and long lasting,even more lasting when used with the matching shower gel,lotion/crème.

on 12/27/2014 1:12:00 AM

Received this for Christmas and love it!! Yup it is a bit of a sweet sugar smell but not overwhelming and iam 46! I guess the young gals love it but so do I!!!!!!

on 11/26/2014 11:34:00 AM

I bought the shimmer mist on sale quite a while back. The scent reminds me of gummi bears and kids shampoo. The staying power is impressive. Overall, I really like this.

on 11/15/2014 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I absolutely love this fragrance! I've used half the bottle and passed it on to my daughter because it's the perfect scent for her. Reminds me of sugar, bubblegum, and a little vanilla. The packaging is really cute, too,

on 8/27/2014 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I lovvvveee this! I'm not a fan of smells that are sweet but this is an exception, I always get compliments when I wear this. It's incredible.

on 7/28/2014 1:17:00 PM

love love love!!!! this is amazing. i wear it instead of perfume and it smells great and the scent doesn't fade away quickly like most. perfumes do. its a tad pricey but so worth it.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this smell sooo much! It's perfect for valentines day or a date or something. Like every bath and bodyworks mist it comes in a really big bottle for only 14$. It's one of my favorite smells from b&bw

Popular Fragrances