Bath and Body Works Velvet Sugar

3.9

on 1/1/2015 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have this in the body spray & perfume...this review is for the body spray.

I got the whole entire set for Christmas back in 2013 and am still in love with it!!!

*From the B&BW site..Top Notes: Wild Strawberries, White Nectarine, Pear Blossom, Apple Nectar
•Mid Notes: Pink Jasmine, Golden Plum, Red Velvet Créme, Dewy Honeysuckle, Freesia
•Dry Notes: Golden Amber, Vanilla , Tolu Balsam, Caramel, Baileys Créme, Sugared Musk

I mainly smell the red velevet crème,amber,vanilla,caramel,sugared musk & Baileys crème. Its so yummy and long lasting,even more lasting when used with the matching shower gel,lotion/crème.

on 12/27/2014 1:12:00 AM

Received this for Christmas and love it!! Yup it is a bit of a sweet sugar smell but not overwhelming and iam 46! I guess the young gals love it but so do I!!!!!!

on 11/26/2014 11:34:00 AM

I bought the shimmer mist on sale quite a while back. The scent reminds me of gummi bears and kids shampoo. The staying power is impressive. Overall, I really like this.

on 11/15/2014 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I absolutely love this fragrance! I've used half the bottle and passed it on to my daughter because it's the perfect scent for her. Reminds me of sugar, bubblegum, and a little vanilla. The packaging is really cute, too,

on 8/27/2014 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I lovvvveee this! I'm not a fan of smells that are sweet but this is an exception, I always get compliments when I wear this. It's incredible.

on 7/28/2014 1:17:00 PM

love love love!!!! this is amazing. i wear it instead of perfume and it smells great and the scent doesn't fade away quickly like most. perfumes do. its a tad pricey but so worth it.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this smell sooo much! It's perfect for valentines day or a date or something. Like every bath and bodyworks mist it comes in a really big bottle for only 14$. It's one of my favorite smells from b&bw

on 2/9/2014 1:13:00 AM

Review of Velvet Sugar fine fragrance mist *FFM
I was skeptical at first about this newbie. BBW has not been able to impress me since my most recent favorite was released. (Be Enchanted-and it took me a little while to fall in love with that scent...the dry-down is what hooked me) Velvet Sugar was one I had to try for sure, since I am a lover of sweet scents. The staying power is great on fabric- spritzing the mist up my shirt made it last a long time! I also spray up above my head and shake my hair, as the most falls in. The scent stays in my hair quite a while!
My skin doesn't hold onto the scent as well though. Layering with the triple moisture body cream does enhance results. I love how this fragrance is composed. I do smell the fruity top notes, and the dry-down is lovely. This may sound totally crazy, but there is something in the Velvet Sugar FFM and Triple Moisture Body Cream that is reminding me of the sweetness in my Cool Water perfume from 2000. (Throwing in the year, as I am not sure if it has ever been reformulated, and could smell different now.) The packaging is prettier than what I am used to from BBW, I really like the lacy look with the Velvet Sugar line! I will definitely repurchase this, if it is still available when I run out!!! Deee-lish!!!

on 1/21/2014 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

There seems to be some negative reviews on this scent and I can understand them, but I do love this spray. I purchased the 5 dollar big bottle when it was on sale which was a steal. I love the amount of product, and the packaging is pretty cute. Its a pretty sweet smell but sugar is in the name so I was expecting that. Maybe a little more mystery and musk would have made a nicer velvet touch to this but I cant complain. I probably wouldnt repurchase full price though.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Bought the body spray for $5, a steal and I wouldn't repurchase it. Underwhelming and I don't get the "red velvet" note at all, just artificial sugary candy with a hint of raspberry. It's very juvenile and reminds me of my very first signature scent in 6th grade--B&BW Plumeria, a purely girly and sweet scent. In a way, velvet sugar is pure nostalgia for me, it brings me back to my younger years and is an uncomplicated scent that fades away within a half hour, but it pleases the kid in me.

Popular Fragrances