December 20, 2014 | 1685 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Sudden Change 3 Minute Under-Eye Firming Serum

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2014 5:22:00 PM More reviews by blairXwitch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't get it ...how did this get such high reviews?
I have mild under-eye bags, and some fine wrinkles, and being the vain person that I am, I thought hey, why not make those vanish, if at all possible? I looked up reviews, Youtube videos, and, convinced being that this serum would perform miracles, even if temporarily, I happily ordered it online.
Well...to say it doesn't work would be an understatement! I do understand the principle behind it, it's like a thin glue that is supposed to form a film that allows for minimal movement underneath the eyes, the same way you put starch to the laundry to keep it wrinkle free.
What did happen in my case, after the waiting period was over (I even waited 5 minutes instead of the 3 written in the instructions), my under eye area did seem smoother (and much shinier...yeah, that's the look I'm going for!), but the second I smiled omg...the wrinkles not only appeared, but they were amplified! My own wrinkles (sans product) are much less noticeable than they were while wearing this serum! And it gets better...my skin stayed wrinkled for a few seconds after I stopped smiling!!! (while without product, the wrinkles go away the second I no longer smile).
Nope...this doesn't work for everybody. Mayyybbe for someone who has big bags under their eyes and no wrinkles, it may flatten the bags some - but for me, it was a flop.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2014 9:07:00 PM More reviews by MyLittlePwny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this is the best thing ever invented. Golden Girls is on till 1 a.m. and then Dateline is on after that till 3 a.m. AND then Jem is on at 3 a.m. and I have to be up at 8 a.m. So yeah, thank you Sudden Change for making it to where no one can tell I sleep very little.
I mix it with my foundation just like the instructions say and it becomes very creamy and like a concealer. Then I apply and make my best "you do not amuse me" face (instructions say not to frown or smile for 3 minutes) and wait for it to work. Within a minute it tightens and brightens. The best thing I have ever used.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2014 8:42:00 PM More reviews by larosedechanel

Sudden Change 3 Minute Under-Eye Firming Serum is a really great product. As somebody who wears contacts & has sensitive eyes, I'm always extremely skeptical of & careful with eye products. (I know, I'm paranoid lol) I wanted this to be easy to use, I wanted it to work, & I wanted it to be affordable if I decided to continue use—which it is. I want to start by saying I turned 22 less than two weeks ago & I typically don't have wrinkles, lines, or bags under my eyes. I don't use this daily or have to rely on it. I use this firming serum when I don't get enough sleep. I don't think this is meant to improve under-eye lines or bags over time. It's not a treatment. I consider how it works like the idea of a lip plumper… it'll fix the problem right now, but just for today. It's not a permanent solution. I feel like it glues my skin together as opposed to actually improving—a "quick fix." Regardless, I did notice a difference.

The yellowish product is in a matte glass 0.23 oz jar & the applicator is a glass dropper. You're supposed to apply a couple drops to your fingertip & apply it that way, but I use the actual dropper & rub the product from the inner corer to the outer. I know that's unsanitary to rub my face with the dropper & put it back in, but I feel like touching it to my hand/finger would be worse. I felt my eyes tightening almost immediately, but i didn't notice a physical difference right away. That admittedly what had me thinking it was a rip-off. So, imagine my surprise when I actually start to see a difference within a few minutes! Warning: FREEZE—don't move your face (AT ALL, seriously) after you apply it. I kept making the mistake of talking, smiling, or moving my face the first few times wearing it before the serum set & it cracked on my face… not cute. Only apply one coat!

You "can" wear 3 Minute with or without foundation/concealer, but I really suggest you don't wear it on your bare face because even though applies & sets clear, there is a noticeable shine. The serum looks like a film just sitting under your eyes. I suggest mixing it with a little bit of foundation/concealer & applying it, then putting the rest of your makeup on. You can pick this up for $9 at Walmart; I see it for $11-13 at other stores. It's a little high-priced for the tiny amount of product you get, but it's just for under the eyes & you'll only use a drop or two under each so it's not like you'll run through it. Give it a try!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2014 5:19:00 PM More reviews by LittleViolet

I have horrible, horrible bags like the lady on the advertisement. And I was born with them, not fair.

I use this product when I look really awful (even less sleep than normal) or need to be photographed. It works very well to deflate the bags, but you have to be very careful about smiling too much (if your eyes smile too) or it will flake and crack. Not pretty!

I put a small drop on my fingertip and spread it from the inner corner to the outside of my eye, then quickly walk around the room to get air to dry the liquid and not settle into fine lines. It is very similar to having an egg white mask. Then I come back and do the other eye. A bottle has lasted me over 5 years, but I am still worried they will stop making it.

The less i touch it, the better the results. The less I move my face, the better the results. It can be a little shiny if you add too much (egg white) but it DOES do a good job flattening out my eye bags until I can afford the eye bag surgery I have wanted since I was 5.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2013 2:21:00 PM More reviews by IceCheerMom

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been buying this product for years. It is the only thing that helps eliminate (on a good day) or reduce the bags under my eyes which I get from allergies. I have tried everything including sleeping in an elevated position to high end brand serums and creams that did nothing . In about 30 years of looking ,this is it- the HG of sucking up the bags under my eyes.

I am including detailed instructions on how to apply this because there is definitely a learning curve. Using too much will get you white residue around your eyes and not using the correct smooth sweeping continous movement in application can result in unattractive puckering. If you get the residue, try sweeping a drop of water across the area to get rid of it and then letting it reset. That usually works for me.

This is a serum that comes in a small glass bottle. It is dispensed through a dropper. You need a small amount- one to two drops total to do both eyes. Put a drop of the serum in the palm of your hand and dip your ring finger into the serum. Use the palm of the opposite hand and the ring finger of the side to which you are applying the serum- e.g. to do the area under your right eye put the serum in your left palm and dip in your right ring finger. Quickly (before it starts drying) sweep the serum in one continous smooth motion across and up from the inner corner of your undereye to the outer corner or a bit above. Be sure to cover the entire baggy area. I basically follow the curve of the bag under my eye. Do the other eye and then wait a few minutes for both areas to dry. It should be dry in 1 to 3 minutes.

The product needs to be applied to clean dry skin- no moisturizer, no makeup. The instructions say it can be mixed with a drop of makeup but I never had much luck with that. I put a bit of finishing powder or mineral makeup over it.

So in conclusion, this is a tricky product to use with a lot of downside, but I continue to use it because it is the only thing that works.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No