December 21, 2014 | 1223 users online

Lips - Butter London - LIPPY Tinted Balm in Axis Kiss

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2014 1:21:00 PM More reviews by myrasays

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The short of it, I hate this product and no, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Cons:
1) It claims it is a 'balm' but it couldn't be further from it. Finish is matte and dries your lips out after a week's use. (I bought this as an everyday, work-suitable shade).
2) The product is so sticky and difficult to spread, you can't extend too much of the product out without ruining it on the side of the tube. It moves around inside the container too much, causing it to lose shape, muck up the very edge and lose stability when using.
3) Overpriced at $25 for a balm. I paid the price in hopes that it would yield great moisturizing results, but that wasn't the case unfortunately.

Pros:
1) The exterior pacakging feels very well-made. Stark contrast to how it behaves when in use. The box it came in was also carefully thought out.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2013 12:37:00 AM More reviews by valentinekisses

LIPPY Tinted Balm has the moisture of a lip balm and the finish & color of a lipstick. Six subtle shades highlight the glow of every skin tone, and are the ultimate beauty secret for the woman-on-the-go.

Hydrating formula rich in avocado, mango see, cocoa and shea butter with a creamy texture. Highly wearable sheer shades with a formula that glides on with ease. Buildable color.

Currently available in six shades; below are the shade names and their color descriptions:
Axis Kiss - Medium coverage punchy pink creme. A little smooch of rock n' roll.
Abbey Rose - Medium coverage rose creme. A nod to the birthplace of many rock n' roll classics.
Apricot Sunray - Medium coverage coral creme. Command the room in this fruity hue.
Black Cherry - Medium coverage wine creme. Add a little edge to innocence.
Strawberry Field - Medium coverage red creme. Livin' is easy with a red pout.
Toasted Marshmallow - Medium coverage nude creme. Around the bonfire with a rockin' 4-piece band.

I have the shade Axis Kiss, which is a great purse shade - as I mentioned and explained at the top of this blog post. It's such a flattering pink for my skintone and I think a lot of people could wear it. It gives you a touch of pink that isn't so bright that it's too much but isn't so sheer that you don't feel like you added any color - it's that perfect sheer to medium color payoff of a beautiful pink shade.

I think in the future I'd be interested in trying Abbey Rose, Apricot Sunray and Toasted Marshmallow, but for now I'm loving the shade Axis Kiss!

This went on my lips really nicely - feels like more of a lip balm rather than a lipstick - yet you get great color payoff. I don't think it's the most hydrating formula out there, but it certainly isn't drying. It comes with the typical $20 Butter London cosmetics price tag - which seems to be how much the majority of their cosmetics (non-polish) cost.

I think the shade is a home run - and based on that alone I would definitely recommend this. It has a nice formula too - but I know the $20 price tag can be a turn off to some. However, when I find a great purse shade of any lip product I don't care about the price tag - I care about the color and the performance. Let me know your thoughts!