Lancome Renergie Intense aka Lift Rénergie' Anti-Wrinkle & Firming Cream

3.2

on 5/5/2013 5:43:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I am shocked to see any negative reviews here. I've used this cream on and off for years, and love it. I also use the night cream which partners very well. The day cream isn't as heavy, which is what you want from a daily moisturizer. It's light yet moisturizing, with the light and pleasant scent. A jar lasts me about 2 to 3 months. It hasn't caused me any skin irritation whatsoever, and provides all the hydration my combination skin needs, without clogging my pores. I love this cream, and hope they don't phase it out with all of the new products. Frankly, I bet the new products are just as great. Lancôme really gets it.

on 10/23/2012 8:56:00 PM

Lancome products going down hill so disappointed bring back primordial

on 8/9/2011 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

A good moisturizer for under foundation or as a night cream. It is a medium-density cream, by no means light but not overly heavy and greasy either. I don't have any fine lines or aging issues (yet) but I use this cream in the spring and summer (replacing with Revlon Eterna 27 in winter...a great drugstore buy btw) and it keeps my skin smooth and hydrated. My only complaint is the smell...it has a bit of a chemical, sunscreen smell to it.

on 6/5/2010 9:16:00 PM

I'm surprised to read all the negative reviews. I got this as a GWP and have been using it for just under a week. I think it's great as a moisturizer. I was using Olay before I started this, and I definitely like this product better. My skin is noticeably softer, and I didn't mind the fragrance as many other people have noted. However, I should note that I only use anti-aging products as a preventative measure, and I do not have visible fine lines or wrinkes (yet). Although I like this product a lot, I think it's pretty pricey. That is probably the only real reason I have for not purchasing this product again.

on 5/23/2009 11:01:00 PM

I like this when my skin just needs to be recharged. It really makes my skin feel plump and more awake. I recieved a large sample jar of this, and like it.....but im not sure i would purchase it, as it's quite pricey.

on 5/5/2009 2:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I've been using this cream after cleansing and exfoliating my face in the evenings before heading off to bed. I once recieved a sample of it with a purchase and loved how well it kept my face hydrated post-wash, but I couldn't convice myself to shell out the dough for it. My best guy pal asked me what I wanted for Christmas over a year ago (December '07) and I pulled him to the Lancome counter. ;)

Well, I still love this cream, I don't need to use a lot to moisturize my entire face, just a dab on my 2nd, 3rd, & 4th digits, then I clap my hands a little, so that my other fingers get some, and smooth it on. I use so little of it on a daily basis, in fact, that I have had the same jar (I think it's the largest jar they sell) for over a year. I'm just starting to see the bottom of the jar now, and it's May 6th, 2009). For those ladies that commented on how it doesn't absorb well, I would suggest exfoliating. I exfoliate daily - but I have problem skin and feel it's necessary - but I think most people should be able to exfolate once a week, which should permit their skin to absorb moisturizers better.

I have sensitive, combination, acne-prone skin, and I find that this cream really hydrates my skin when I need it most. I cannot testify to any skin-lifting properties that it may promise - and frankly, I think most promises of "skin-lifting" are bogus - especially found in department stores or non-prescription (but that's just my two-cents, and wholey unfounded on any personal experience - I don't have many wrinkles, at least none that I'm concerned with). BUT, with that said, I recommend this as a great and non-comdogenic moisturizer. As much as I love it, I'm not sure that I will buy this for myself, (I'll probably wait for next Christmas & add it to my wish list, again), it's far to pricey for my budget. I'll be lurking these pages for a cheaper alternative over the next couple of weeks.
EDIT: clarification - 4 lippies because it's out of my price range :(

on 10/21/2008 2:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This comes in a nice glass jar that looks very expensive and elegant. The cream inside though is way too perfumed. It also leaves a film on my skin. I'm nicely moisturized, but greasy. I don't see any lifting either. Not a lot of performance for the price.

on 8/23/2007 9:55:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I received this in testtube beauty and was excited as my favorite night cream Kate Somerville Deep Tissue Repair. It's amazing... this is not! First off it smells like perfume. I don't mind the smell but I know my skin does. Secondly, I broke out like crazy in little red pimples and I don't break out very often from products. And lastly, it is thick and hydrating but you have to use so much that the price is outrageous. I am still using this on my neck cause I don't let much go to waste but this is just not remotely an effective night cream. Lift? Hah! You want lift? Retin-A my friends. It's about the only thing proven. And if you have $100 or more to spend in a cream....try Kate Somerville. It actually is worth it.

on 6/29/2007 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I received this as a GWP. I should probably mention that i'm in my 20s, so as for "intense lift" - i suppose we can debate how much i really need this product.

Anyhow - i have extremely sensitive skin - often times than not, moisturizers end up irritating my skin, leaving reddish blotches, a burning sensation, and break outs.

However, this product has done none of those things. I've been using it for 4 days during the evenings and the consistency is good (easy to spread), the scent is pleasant - like grown-up baby powder, and the feel on my skin is pretty good. Just think enough to moisturize without feeling like an oil slick errupted on my skin.

Would i buy it again - probably not until i'm a little older -as the price is a little above my student lifestyle (ahem - dove product!), and not exactly a product i would need in my beauty regimen.

:) good luck ladies.

on 4/23/2006 10:20:00 AM

I use this as a night cream. I absolutely LOVE the smell and the texture of this cream is so soft and silky, it glides over my face. I found that my face was so smooth and glowing in the morning after I use it. It is very expensive, but I'm 43 and I'm trying to stay as young looking as I can! This is definitely helping.

Popular Moisturizers