November 27, 2014 | 1378 users online

Cleansers - Nature's Gate - Cleansing Milk - Rice Bran

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2013 10:50:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

Light non-foaming cleansing milk that is Apricot Kernel, Rice Bran and Sweet Almond oil based. The texture can be quite runny and is somewhat similar to using a cleansing oil. This is recommended for normal-to-dry skin but has worked well for my combo skin. I apply this on slightly damp skin and remove with a warm, wet wash cloth. It removes my make-up gently (I don't wear a lot, just tinted moisturiser or BB cream, blush and eyeliner) and hasn't caused any breakouts, although if you are acne-prone you should patch-test first. If I'm wearing sunscreen or heavier make-up I will use an oil or micelle water first to remove the make-up then cleanse with the milk after. It can leave a very slight residue similar to oils but is easily removed with a wash cloth.

It does have a very light herbal smell. Cost is about $9-10 USD for 8 fl oz/237 mL. I would repurchase - it's mild enough for my slightly drier skin right now and didn't cause any reactions or flare up my eczema. Leaves skin clean but soft without stripping it.