Albolene cleanser

4.3

Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Paraffin, Ceresin, Beta Carotene

on 2/22/2015 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I LOVE THIS STUFF! While it took some getting used to, it has done awesome things for my skin. It is a little annoying at first how it felt on my skin but the next morning my skin looked so much less irritated than it had in as long as I can remember. I am very acne and eczema prone and this stuff keeps the irritation and acne away!

Before starting this product, I was washing my face every day and my skin was always red and irritated. Albolene has helped my skin calm down a lot. I tend to wear quite a lot of makeup and it takes it all off as long as I massage it on my skin long enough.

I also started using retin-a for acne, acne pigmentation scars, and anti-aging so my skin has been even more sensitive lately. Albolene is the only product that's gentle enough to clean my face without stinging.

The only thing I dislike about this product is the packaging. I hate sticking my hand back into the jar when I didn't get enough the first time. I end up getting makeup in there and it looks gross haha. I have heard there is a tube version of this but haven't seen it in stores.

on 1/22/2015 9:31:00 PM

I was a Pond's cold cream devotee, but its fragrance is too strong and makes my eyes burn. Albolene does the same great job as Pond's, but it's fragrance free! It's a little more oily, but my breakout-prone skin tolerates it well. I use it only at night, and I wipe it off with a wet washcloth. I follow up with a swipe of micellar water in the morning. Great option for kickin' it old school.

on 1/9/2015 2:02:00 AM

I've been using Albolene for over a decade. It's an awesome eye makeup remover, including waterproof mascara. I have combination skin and I'm also prone to breakouts, but have never broken out using this. The only thing I dislike about it is that it does not completely remove my face makeup. I normally use a toner after using this and always have face makeup on my cotton balls. Other than that, I recommend this stuff. It's keeps my face youthful and soft.

on 12/24/2014 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Would not repurchase. I have combo skin and this stuff even when tissued off AND washed away with another cleanser still make my face feel VERY oily and sticky! GROSS! takes off eyeliner well though

on 12/18/2014 7:11:00 PM

I consider this an oil cleanser in a semi solid form. It's good for plane travel (less messy than oils, and it doesn't count as a liquid), but overall it doesn't perform any better than straight mineral oil for me.

on 12/13/2014 6:38:00 AM

Haven't tried this as a makeup remover, but I've had friends who swear by it. I got it because I have a 4-yo with eczema who needs oil all over his body after each bath. For months I'd been smearing him with either Eucerin Original or Aquaphor; while those products worked, they were gloopy and sticky and hard to spread.

After reading the ingredients in Albolene (all pretty inert stuff), I decided to give it a try. So glad I did! It's got a thin and melty texture on the skin, making my son's after-bath ritual way easier. Still, it's a solid and not a liquid, so it seals in moisture better than just baby oil or lotion.

on 12/5/2014 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I am 26, have had terrible acne since I was 12, a@nd also have eczema. Oh, and I have very shiny/oily skin that also flakes and feels dry. Ugh. Well, after giving up on everything else I tried this last Winter. At first I used it along with a regular cleanser afterwards. My skin did improve. The eczema disappeared on my face. But my skin still felt dry and I had still had acne. Then I decided to only use albolene ( rub on face, wipe off with cotton round, repeat, then rinse with a warm water and a washcloth morning and night). No other cleanser. I've been doing this for about two months, and my skin looks and feels wonderful! I think my skin was actually losing moisture, and the albolene locks it in

on 11/11/2014 8:43:00 AM

The first time I used Albolene I hated it. I think that was mostly due to feeling like I had to use water on my face in order to get it really clean; that's what I'd done my whole life. So after one use, I tossed it in the cabinet under the sink and forgot about it. About a year later, I was having a lot of problems with terribly dry skin and breakouts, and nothing I tried seemed to help. A friend suggested I try Albolene. Before I could argue, she held up her hand and said, "I know it's hard to get used to, just stick with it." So, I dug out the jar, dusted off the top, and gave it another try. It's been two years and I haven't looked back. My skin looks better now than it ever has.

There is a learning curve to Albolene. If you've washed your face with water and cleanser your whole life, using Albolene and wiping it away with tissues is very strange. Albolene dissolves makeup amazingly well. Like other reviewers, once I've tissued everything off, I put another light layer on my face and wipe off again to make sure I've removed all the makeup. I even use a tiny bit after my shower in the morning as my moisturizer.

My skin is clear, soft, and youthful looking. I'm 36 and most people think I'm in my late 20s.

Albolene is my HG product!

on 11/6/2014 11:06:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I've been using Albolene for about 2 months now. I bought it because I knew my skin issues were related to the harsh products I used and decided I needed a break. I've used this in the past, but not for very long because I preferred my skin to be stripped of all oil, which now I know didn't help my acne at all. Cold creams break me out terribly, so for me this is great alternative.
The tub was 13 dollars for 12 ounces. I take a dollop and rub it all over my face for about a minute, then take a warm microfiber cloth to wipe it off. I do not use another cleanser afterwards because I'd like to keep the moisture in and I do not have any issues with mineral oil. I use walgreens AHA cream afterwards and still feel the tingle, so the slight film doesn't seem to completely block other products, maybe just buffers them a little. My skin is looking better every day! I haven't broken out at all, my skin tone is evening out a lot faster now, and I have no dryness or irritation. My under eyes look wonderful, smoother and plumper. I haven't lost as many eyelashes either, and my lips are finally not chapped!
I'm so happy I gave this another chance. It's a very simple product but it's just what I needed. In the shower, I rub some all over my body after I wash with my usual soap and then again wipe it off with a microfiber cloth and the results are just as amazing! I only do this a couple of times a week, but my skin is very soft and it keeps the heat in so I'm not freezing when I get out of the shower (that's probably the best part for me in the winter!) My kp tends to be worse in the winter, turning a horrible purple shade, and using albolene in the shower really made a huge difference in appearance. I also use a light layer before bed on my rough spots with great results.
I kind of see this as a way to oil cleanse without the mess.

on 7/29/2014 3:41:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

i heard about this product from drag queens & figured who would know better about removing makeup? this will get pretty much anything off. i use the unscented as my nightly face cleanser; massage a dollop in & wipe off w/ a face wipe or a damp washcloth. it's basically like vaseline but a bit thinner & more spreadable. it actually feels really soothing & my face feels soft & moisturized afterward. basically this just removes all my makeup easily without irritating my face at all. it can also double as a heavy-duty moisturizer & i often smear a bit on at night. the giant tub but is a great value & i just make sure my hands are clean before dipping in, but there's also a squeeze tube travel size if you're not into that.