Albolene cleanser

4.3

Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Paraffin, Ceresin, Beta Carotene

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

HG make up remover, hands down the best I've used. This straight forward product is cheap and comes in a big tub. With clean hands I take a bit and rub it all over my face. I work it in for a minute. Then I use a baby wipe to towel it off. I use a baby wipe because it's damp and disposable. Foundation gone, long wearing lipstick gone, waterproof mascara gone in one wipe. My skin is left soft and hydrated all in about 2-3 minutes. They should call it Cheap, Easy and Fast.

$9.88 @ Walmart
Clear with NO scent at all and looks like vasaline minus the stickyness. It feels more like coconut oil, it's a solid but turns into a liquid with the warmth of your fingers. It removed all of makeup, including mascara, easily and thoroughly.
A tiny tiny bit goes a long way.

I love it, gets rid of everything in my face without trouble. Specially makeup.

I've experimented with lots of makeup removers, but this is the only one I keep coming back to. I used to go through tons and tons of cotton pads or makeup removing wipes, just to always feel like I was removing more eyelashes than makeup. Which is not fun. At all.

Albolene is perfect for lazy girls like me who still want to take care of their skin. I splash water onto my face to loosen the makeup, take a dime sized amount of Albolene and gently apply it in circles to my eyes first, and then around the rest of my face. I let it sit for a while, and then take a paper towel or some toilet tissue to wipe off the residue. It removes even the most waterproof makeup effortlessly.

Yes, it is a little messy, but just be thorough in wiping off any remaining oil. Since I really don't like to scrub my lashes, I'll follow through with some Vitamin E oil on a Q-Tip and run that through my lashline to remove any stubborn mascara or eyeliner hiding at the roots, to help strengthen the hairs and make them healthier. Then I just wash my face and apply my regular moisturizer and I'm done.

This has reduced my nighttime routine by at least 15 extra minutes, if not more. In the really cold winter months you don't even need to wash your face after removing makeup with Albolene at all, since it's excellent at locking in moisture. It even makes a great makeshift undereye cream if you've got nothing else.

This did soothe & comfort my Rosacea skin, but left me with tiny pimples. I will be looking for something else.

After using cetaphil for years and coconut oil for about 6 weeks as a face wash, I stumbled upon Albolene at CVS the day after I had noticed it at the top of a list on Reddit for cetyl alcohol free cleansers. I decided to give it a try and it's been working really well for my dry, sensitive, acne-prone skin for the two months.

I live in California and I know it sounds silly but I like that Albolene requires no water. In the winter when I use a face wash with water and have to wait several minutes for the water to warm up, I feel guilty wasting that water in the meantime. With this rub-on, wipe-off cleanser, no wasted water! You just rub a little bit of Albolene (a nickel sized amount is plenty) lightly all over your face, leave it for just a couple seconds, and then wipe it off with a tissue.

It really works as it says, too! The slogan says it takes makeup off but leaves moisture in and it does a great job at both. My daily makeup (base makeup for me is CC+ concealer + powder bronzer) comes off easily, along with other "dirt" accumulated during the day, and my skin never feels taut or dry after use. No flaky dry skin to speak of! No red patches or minor itchiness like I would have sometimes with the Cetaphil bar after. I don't wear waterproof mascara but washable mascara does not come off completely with Albolene; you have to wipe and swipe a few times to remove it completely (or just use an eye makeup remover). I don't typically use a moisturizer, anymore, since I started using Albolene. It leaves behind just enough moisture tomake it mostly unnecessary. I sometimes use a deeper moisturizer (Elta MD melting) at night in the wintertime after this, though.

The formula feels and looks sort of Vaseline-like. It has no discernible smell to it. It does not irritate eyes or my sensitive skin at all. I've had no redness, itchiness or other type of skin flare up since I started using Albolene, including no increase in breakouts (though also no reduction, either. The frequency and types of breakouts I had/have before and while using this is basically the same). My skin looks more even and feels smoother since I started using Albolene.

It can be a slippery base for makeup, so you may want to wipe off extra carefully or wait a bit of time after using before putting on makeup. I only use Albolene once a day, at night, and in the morning I just splash my face with water so it's not an issue for me. When I first started using it, I did twice a day but I felt like that much use was leading to more breakouts, so I cut back to once and that has been fine.

It is about $14 for a huge jar that will last at least six months. If you have dry, sensitive skin, definitely give it a try!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Albolene -where have you been all my life!!! I've spent a lifetime of acne, oily, then dry skin. Ive tried everything from prescriptions, (even accutane!), acne.org, clarisonic, etc. I finally had my skin under control after low dose accutane and continued my routine of washing makeup off with cerave, then another round with my clarisonic, epiduo, then cerave PM. I thought I was getting all of my makeup off and my skin was clean. Then I got diagnosed with breast Cancer and had to undergo chemo and herceptin. My skin went crazy with little pimples all over but super dry skin. Everything about cancer is a nightmare (except I kept all of my hair using Penguin Cold Caps!).

Anyway, tired of looking like a meth addict, I started reading skinaddiction subreddit and skinacea.com for solutions. I saw all the suggestions for OCM and Albolene and figured, why not. Well, first off, I cannot believe how much makeup come off. There is no way my prior cleansing routine was getting all of my makeup off. I spread a generous amount on my face and eyes, massage a little bit, then tissue off. Then I double cleanse using either cerave foaming or cerave hydrating (depending on how my skin feels), epiduo and then sebamed (sometime cerave PM but I think they switch the formula.) I've been using for two weeks and can report my skin is perfectly clear, even during PMS and my cycle. I'm amazed how much better my skin looks. This stuff is amazing and removes eye makeup super easy. Leaves your skin clean but not dry. I may experiment with just Albolene, no follow up cleanse in the winter months when my skin is a little drier. I highly recommend - cheap and effective!

Cannot believe I have not written a review before now. I love this stuff. It is soothing and really balances out my combination skin. It helped my skin to clear up years ago when I suffered from breakouts. It completely removes makeup.

I slather this on, tissue off, and then use a warm washcloth to completely remove the last traces. My skin feels clean, yet hydrated.

Will purchase again and again.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I've been curious about Albolene for ages and when I was last in the States, I picked up the tube (smaller than the jar and as I was travelling, smaller to fit into my travel makeup bag). I guess I was hoping this would be one of those products (like Clinique's Take the Day Off Balm) that's water-soluble. I was expecting (and Albolene's site suggests) that this product would liquefy the way Take the Day Off does but it didn't seem to soften nearly as much as I thought it would - it was hard to spread it around. I don't like tissuing off products - I do feel it's harsh on the skin and also not very thorough. This was borne out the first time I used it - it felt like something was cutting my eyelid (I was using the hotel's facial tissue but still) and, because my face did NOT feel clean after tissuing off, I took a warm, moist face cloth to wipe over my face and a LOT of makeup came off (I was wearing IT Cosmetics CC Cream). I will use this up and I'll use it the way I think it works better - removing with a wet face cloth to get my face really clean and I'll probably follow with a toner. If I don't end up with clogged pores or breakouts, I might even repurchase because the price is great and this might be terrific in winter, when cold Canadian temps and indoor heat really dry out my skin. And I'll try it on my legs and such, as the Albolene site suggests.

I first heard about albolene as a child because my 100 year old great grandmother used this to remove her makeup everyday, and her skin was beautiful. My mom also used to use this on me and my brothers on Halloween night to remove our face paint. I only recently purchased this for myself as an adult, and I wish I would have bought it much sooner. Albolene completely removes tough pigments, glitters, waterproof eyeliner and mascara, grease paint, liquid lipsticks and more. I was worried about breaking out because of the oily consistency, but my skin has honestly never looked healthier. My face feels supple, moist and healthy after removing my makeup and it's soothing to dry & tired eyelids. The 'wipe on, tissue off' application method is convenient and easy, and there's no need to wash your face afterwards. I highly recommend this product for creative makeup artists and makeup lovers alike.