October 21, 2014 | 1018 users online

Eye Shadow - Sonia Kashuk - Eye on Neutral Shimmer 3 Palette

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2014 12:00:00 PM More reviews by CharacterofLife

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a 12 pan palette of shimmery neutral eyeshadows. The texture is soft and silky, very blend-able. This palette, at the moment sells for $19.99 at my local Target. At the time of purchase it was 25% off so I got it for $15. (yay yay it WAS my birthday!) This is also available online... around the net in many places.

So far I am feeling at a 85% happy rate with this palette... which is pretty good really. I'm finding it's shimmer is very tasteful. There are no chunky pieces of glitter that fall out. Just a nice sheen of delicate shimmer. The eyeshdow is very nice lasting and the texture feels a lot like Urban Decay eyeshadows without being so metallic like, oh... and without costing almost $20 a pan. There is a very close dupe in here for Toasted in. I've owned 4 UD eyeshadows- YDK, Blunt, Toasted, & one more I have forgotten the name of. For me they were all too metallic-like and I gave them all away... except for Toasted. They are great eyeshadows, just not for me. I kept Toasted to remind myself why that eyeshadow formula doesn't seem to suit me in case I had a craving for it again and because it is actually a nice brown that I have worked with on a few occasions.

This palette has definitely peeked my interests in Sonia Kashuk products and I will be picking up more! I'm either going to pick up a 4 palette or the counter balance to this one... the matte version.

Loves:
I'm loving the creaminess, silkiness, pigmentation, over-all color selection, and affordability of this palette. I've never found any eyeshadow in a drugstore that was this soft without being powdery and/or a weak goose. I just started that saying... just now. Let's see if it get's around. I half way apologize to all the weak geese all around the world. Sorry, kinda... but not really, but a little bit sort of... in a way I guess.

Eh's:
What I don't like so far about this palette are the 2 lightest colors and that weird one (new penny color)- new penny color. I wish it had a better "my skin but better shade", the too light shades are really light.

Maybe, I Don't Know('s):
The business. The black shade. It's a very nice textured black with delicate shimmer. As far as a definer, I really prefer something with no playback. No shimmer or light catching aspects about it. This is a really nice playful black though. It feels like it's what L'Oreal's Infallible Black Onyx wanted to be. This shade lasts really well, no crazy amount of fall out... only during application then I easily brush it off. So this shade isn't black tie, it's loosened black tie with a drink in it's hand. Yep. It's all about having a night off... in the middle of the day.

Overall:
Overall I am really liking this palette. If I could improve it... I'd remove the lightest shade, and the next to lightest shade, and and the "new penny" shade. I'd replace them with a more neutral/my skin but better color. I'd add in a matte dark neutral gray, and add in a matte black. I would maybe take out one of the browns and bring in something with more green also. Overall... this palette is a great find, drugstore or not. For less than $20 you get a handful of beautiful, soft, tasteful colors. I think they did a good job with keeping the tones neutral and wearable. Definitely take a gander at this one... unless you're a weak goose.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2014 1:03:00 PM More reviews by Belindalaurie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Overall, I like this product and don't regret buying it. The colours are well pigmented which I'm very pleased about. One important thing to note is that the shadows are very soft. If you don't like soft shadows, this is not the palette for you. Other than that, the colour payoff is wonderful. It would have been nice if they included a matte shade to complement the palette. I know it's a 'shimmer' palette but the lack of a matte shade means I can't complete an entire eye look with this palette alone. Overall, it's a good buy and value.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2013 12:41:00 PM More reviews by Viesha

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was surprised to not see reviews for this palette already. The colors in this palette are just ultimate yummy goodness.They're soft and blendable without being glittery. The shimmery colors are just right for the lid and under the eyes. Follow up with your favorite matte color in the crease and you're out the door. I've used pretty much every single one of the colors so far since buying this a few months ago. It has become my go-to palette for everyday wear. The pigmentation is excellent.