December 19, 2014 | 1037 users online

Crème - Giorgio Armani - Maestro Fusion Makeup Compact

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2014 10:00:00 PM More reviews by Gemma59

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just started using this a week ago, after using G.A.'s luminous silk liquid and La Prairie Caviar foundations. The coverage is wonderful in terms of taking out redness and uneven pigmentation and I only use it where I need it, so my hairline and jaw line are spared. It is easy to apply but I don't like the brush it comes with, as others have said. I use a standard foundation brush (Chanel sable) to apply it and then smooth and blend with a sponge. I love that it is matte but not dry and it stays a good part of the day. It doesn't sink into lines, but I don't have many either. It goes on great after moisturizer and sunscreen. I am looking forward to traveling with it--one less liquid to deal with in my carry-on (which is usually all I take). Seems like it will last a while so it is worth the price to me, and compared to La Prairie--it's a bargain.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/22/2014 8:00:00 AM More reviews by nycgirl191

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The colors for the compact are different from the foundations, which I find strange. For the Maestro Fusion oil foundation I use 3, but for the compact I was 4.5. I bought the compact the month it came out, so I've had a nice long time to get to know it.

The product itself is really thick. Just a small dab of color can be spread a long way, so you should definitely use a brush/sponge/blender. It also tends to sit on my skin a bit thick. It's not noticeable if you look closely, but I can still feel it. And even though I got the correct color, I think my face is a bit darker than when I use the oil foundation. The foundation is 100% full-coverage, and after about 2 hours I have to blot because my T-zone is super shiny. Note: do not "set" your face with powder because this just makes the powder super obvious. The SA told me that the GA line doesn't believe in powders-- they like the slightly shiny look.

The brush that comes with the compact is horrendous. It sheds like crazy, leaving strands of bristle on my face and little black hairs in the product (ewww). I don't even carry the compact out of my house because I don't want anyone to see.

After I stopped trying to make myself like it, the compact now just sits on my makeup counter. I have used it to hide bruises and mosquito bites on my legs, and for that it works really well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2014 5:53:00 AM More reviews by Eolo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't hate this foundation but I don't love it either.

Unlike the Maestro fluid formula, this product doesn't break me out and should be applied when your moisturizer and SPF have already set, I use my MAC 187 or 130 to buff it into the skin. This has a matte finish and looks like skin but it's a bit of hassle to apply. I could dispense with the brush that I only use to retouch,

While it's not a bad formula, it's definitely not my HG foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2014 3:24:00 PM More reviews by kraaivrouw

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been wearing Giorgio Armani Face Fabric since it came out and I really like it, but when I read about the new Maestro Compact, I really wanted to try it. For once I actually went to the makeup counter (instead of buying online) to try it first. It took me about 30 seconds to decide I wanted it.

Put it on this morning after my shower - really liked it. I told my husband I'd bought new foundation (he's a model and cares about this stuff - convenient) and asked whether or not he could tell. He looked and said, "It looks just like your skin, but airbrushed - not plastic looking and it doesn't sit on top of your skin. If you haven't told me I wouldn't have known."

Best recommendation ever.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2014 4:47:00 PM More reviews by conniebun

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this make up has a strong perfume scent..And if you purchase it from Gio Armani site forget about free samples..They are cheap and they over charge for this makeup..And it comes with an eye dropper..Whose big bright idea was this?

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2014 4:42:00 PM More reviews by shirkmac

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love love love this product!
You can use the brush which comes with it....which is a very nice brush, your fingers or a sponge. I ended up liking the brush even though I didn't think I would. It melts into the skin leaving a beautiful coverage that lasts all day.

PROS
*It has a beautiful finish on my dry skin and doesn’t look too shiny or too matte
*Once it adhered to my skin it stayed put and I had no separation at the end of the day
*It did not settle into wrinkles
*A little goes a long way and it is easily buildable without looking cakey
*It provides both coverage and radiance
*It has a nice size mirror in the compact that is ideal for touch ups during the day

CONS
*I suspect oily or porous skins might be less then thrilled and need more of a powdery/matte finish
*Price

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2014 10:19:00 AM More reviews by Charlottehannah9

So i have just repurchased this - i fell in love the first time i used this. i have suffered from acne and have been left with scars and wanted something that wouldnt cause more acne and would hide my scars. this has great coverage. i normally use 5.5 in armani makeup but the colours seemed different so i am a 5 in this. it lasts all day when you use a good primer and i like the way it looks on my skin (i have dry skin) when i use it with primer and moisturizer the look is lovely. wouldnt recommend for really oily skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2013 10:56:00 AM More reviews by blairXwitch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Ugh I really don't like it, and Holts doesn't do returns, so I'm stuck with it. Freakishly expensive and low quality, worse than the similar drugstore product CoverGirl Aqua Smooth!

I like compact cream foundations, I find them so easy to use. But this particular one was horrible for me. The lightest shade matches me pretty well (I'm NW18), but like the first reviewer said, it just sits on top of my skin, never melds in, and becomes patchy and cakey within 30 minutes. It feels oily, covers nothing (and I have very little to cover), and wears off fast. I washed it off after 2-3 hours of wear because I was afraid it would also break me out, that's how greasy it felt.

Not a happy camper...

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2013 7:41:00 AM More reviews by Beach

Although this is expensive, I HAD to buy it! I love GA's products and this is no exception. You can use the brush which comes with it....which is a very nice brush, your fingers or a sponge. I liked the brush even though I didn't think I would. It melts into the skin leaving a beautiful coverage. You can use it for light or heavier coverage. Ordered from website and was not sure of the color to get. I got a 5 which is the same as my liguid maestro makeup. Love it! Love that it is portable and that you can keep it with you all day. However, once my makeup is on in the morning, I usually never touch it up during the day. Nice option though! Does not settle in wrinkles once it is "absorbed". Will repurchase if I ever need to.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2013 12:24:00 PM More reviews by azmuslima

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Beautiful packaging on this product and that is the only good thing i can say about it - UGH
Uber expensive and not worth it. This is no better than a drugstore item at all. I tried to apply it with the included brush, my own foundation brush, my Beauty Blender sponge, and another sponge. NO luck with any of them. This foundation went on my skin and just sat on top and never melded with my skin at all - Looked terribly cakey and then like an oil slick after an hour. Horrible transfer and wore off within a couple hours even with my normal Cover FX powder and Guerlain setting powder on top. I ended up returning this and was so disappointed. i really wanted to like it but just couldn't