October 25, 2014 | 1832 users online

Lips - NARS - Satin Lip Pencil in Biscayne Park 9204

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 12:32:00 AM More reviews by wildcardinside

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

NARS never caese to amaze me.
I am NC5/10 for reference - and this pencil actually works.
i would describe the colour as a sheer, nudey peachy shade. The peach tone in this lipstick is quite soft, and it is laced with soft hues of brown. Definitely more peach than brown, though. Which is why it works for fair skin. There is no pink in this lipstick, which is what drew me to it. I find mrs nude shades of lipstick tend to look well… terrible on increibly snow white skin. - They're either too light, too brown, too concealer looking, or too pink (and then they no longer are classified as a "nude"). It's a satin finish formula, feels really creamy and luxurious on the lips and after about 20 minutes, starts to dry and feel slightly more matte. I love adding a clear gloss over the top of this lipstick because it really makes it pop and adds dimension and volume to my lips.

I think this lipstick would work really well on the fairest of skin tones up to slightly more tanned (NC35) skin tones. On darker skins I would say this shade might look a little bit too pale? But overall, worth the price - such a lovely lip pencil.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2013 11:36:00 AM More reviews by mmherman

I have been looking at this lip pencil/stain for months and finally decided to purchase it when Sephora sent our their $15 off coupon. I have many similar lip colors, but I like the idea that this is a stain. The pencil has a nice gloss to it and there is a nice stain left when the gloss goes away. I can't say this is super long lasting, but I was impressed enough with it to purchase it.

My only real complaint is that the pencil isn't automatic. I wish I didn't have to sharpen the pencil. That part is kind of a bummer. Maybe in the future they will fix that issue.