LUSH Rose Jam Shower Gel

4.5

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

One of two favourite shower gels from Lush. Just my luck that both are limited editions! I wouldn't have even reached for this if it hadn't been for a lush employee demo-ing it on me, because I've never enjoyed rose scents much. Like others have said, I find them a "grandma" kind of smell. This is something else, though. Possibly because of the other scents mixed in there - goji berries, vanilla and argan oil (the latter making the shower gel feel amazing on the skin). It's a flirty, sensual smell and definitely not just for grandmas. It has a creamy lather which makes every shower feel like a luxurious experience. The scent stays on the skin for a while, but not heavily. The scent does carry when the gel is lathered up though, and I love that when you walk into the bathroom an hour or so after a shower some of that scent still lingers. As all of Lush's shower gels it's a bit pricey, but considering how rich the gel is and much it lathers it'll last you a lot longer than a lot of cheaper, less natural, shower gels.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Made me break out in a horrible skin reaction
Bumps all over my stomach and back
Itchy and harsh
Has SLS so thats prob why
Don't buy if u have sensitive skin

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Of course with all things lush this stuff goes really far and smells amazing and you will smell yourself all day and thing mmmmm I smell amazing! I find this wash to be calming to my skin and softening. My only note is that I'm not as into this as I am the actual bubblroon??? I have no idea why it's just not quite the same to me

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Rose jam is a contradiction of scents. Tart yet sweet, indulgent yet fresh, whimsical yet sophisticated. It is without a doubt one of lush's most complex and intoxicating aromas. Apart from its scent, it lathers up rather well and leaves it's lovely scent on your skin.

Thanks to the lush marketing overlords, it's a Xmas only product. Now this isn't necessarily true, you can get it in a €30 gift box all year around. Cheeky lush. If we forget about the fact that you can get this in a gift set all year around.. What exactly does the lovely rose scent have to do with Christmas? Could it be that lush wants this best product of theirs to create further want because of its limited availability?

It annoys me to say this but I do love this scent and I would repurchase (at the right time of year!). Try Ro's argan body condition, Jason and the argan oil or the rose bubbleroon also.. They are in the same scent family.

Because Rose Jam is a limited edition I buy it at Christmas for myself and then use it relatively sparingly all year round. It smells GORGEOUS -- not like fake rose, but deep rose, like you're laying on your back in garden of roses and there's lemons and wine around you too.

It softens my very dry skin, it's gentle, it's delicious, I'm in love for LIFE. It's a little pricey for shower gel but a little goes a LONG way and I can make a bottle almost last a year. (I alternate with Happy Hippie).

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Rose jam shower gel is a lush shower gel that contains,lemon,rose oil (not a cheap one) argan oil, vanilla fruit extract. It smells divine and so luxurious and at the same time fun! It lathers middly but it cleanses verry well and leaves your skin super soft. You can have it in the box rosie as well,all year long. With a bunch of rosie smell products! I pair it with ro's argan body conditioner. Love it!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

It is my favourite shower gel of all time. I like roses. This is not your typical rose scent though. First of all, it is not sickly sweet and it is not grassy. It is soothing to use after a day's work. At the same time, it is also energizing when you need a perk up!
I wish they make these all year long AND make even more products with this scent.

I'm not usually a fan of rose scented products because they smell like old grandmothers (sorry no offense). But this shower gel doesn't smell anything like that. Possibly because the vanilla balances it out. This smells exactly like Ro's Argan body conditioner.
Smells lingers for a good few hours after shower.

Edit: now I use this as a shampoo too. God, I love how my hair smells after.

I received a small travel size of this for Christmas from a good friend, who knows me well, and boy did she get this one right! I adore the scent, and I think the argan oil keeps it from being too harsh.

I have been using Lush shower gels for a long time now. I use them on my skin sometimes, but mostly I use them as shampoo. I love how the scents linger for a day or two after. My favorites are flying fox, fairly traded honey, and snow fairy.

Well, I'm adding Rose jam to the list and it may even be my favorite! I'm not good at describing scents, but this is a beautiful girly sweet rose scent, nothing old ladyish about it at all.

After finishing my small bottle, I bought a big one on ebay, and another small one to put in my travel bag. Love this stuff!

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Don't get me wrong I'm a huge Lushie, but after about 3 weeks of using this, my back was acting up and was itchy and bumpy. I was in denial that it was the Rose Jam. After switching to a different soap I realised it was definitely the harsh SLS that is in this shower gel. It was also the intense fragrance, although the nice as it does linger on your skin ad in the shower but because it's that intense it really damaged my skin.

Top Rated LUSH Products