LUSH Rose Jam Shower Gel

4.6

I received a small travel size of this for Christmas from a good friend, who knows me well, and boy did she get this one right! I adore the scent, and I think the argan oil keeps it from being too harsh.

I have been using Lush shower gels for a long time now. I use them on my skin sometimes, but mostly I use them as shampoo. I love how the scents linger for a day or two after. My favorites are flying fox, fairly traded honey, and snow fairy.

Well, I'm adding Rose jam to the list and it may even be my favorite! I'm not good at describing scents, but this is a beautiful girly sweet rose scent, nothing old ladyish about it at all.

After finishing my small bottle, I bought a big one on ebay, and another small one to put in my travel bag. Love this stuff!

on 8/8/2015 2:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Don't get me wrong I'm a huge Lushie, but after about 3 weeks of using this, my back was acting up and was itchy and bumpy. I was in denial that it was the Rose Jam. After switching to a different soap I realised it was definitely the harsh SLS that is in this shower gel. It was also the intense fragrance, although the nice as it does linger on your skin ad in the shower but because it's that intense it really damaged my skin.

on 4/9/2015 11:42:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

got hooked on this while working there during xmas. should've bought a bunch more. twilight was my fave but i might like this one even better. the rose scent is perfectly balanced & it's so luxurious. don't understand why this isn't permanent. there's nothing holiday about it.

on 2/3/2015 4:12:00 AM

I just bought a small bottle of this, in order to try it out and for travel purposes. It is a dark pink, clear gel which lathers easily. The smell is very florally, with a hint of lemon, it smells exactly the same as Ro's Argan Body Conditioner. It is a unique scent and is quid sweet, however it does not last as long on my skin as I would like it to. However, when pairs with RGBC the scent sticks around for a while longer. I like the scent of this product and would repurchase it, however it is not my #1 Lush shower gel. It is a limited edition, seasonal/Christmas product.

on 2/2/2015 8:50:00 PM

I read the reviews of this product and immediately ordered a small bottle from eBay. Not sure if this is discontinued or seasonal but I paid $11.00 for a tiny bottle.

From the descriptions this sounded like my ideal fragrance - rose with lemon and vanilla. Sadly the reality was somewhat different. Yes, this is a nice smelling product, but it has a tartness that I didn't like. I know that if it is too sweet then it might become unpleasant and headache-inducing, but I like sweet scents! I basically expected this to smell like Turkish Delight and it was a little too sour.

It lathered up well, and didn't dry out my skin or cause sensitivity. In this regard it was pleasant to use but I won't be repurchasing. I am still hunting for my perfectly fragranced shower gel!

on 1/22/2015 8:27:00 PM

I am new to LUSH, and on my first visit, the associate gave me a sample of Ro's Argan Body Conditioner to try and she told me about Rose Jam. I loved the scent, so came back at the holidays to purchase the shower gel. I find the scent intoxicating! To me, it smells like roses and cinnamon, not so much like lemon. It lathers up very well, so you only need a small amount. I wish they would bring the perfume back! There is a new product though, that has the same scent, it's a massage bar, so I bought that as well and use it to moisturize my arms and legs after showering so I can enjoy the scent for a longer period of time. I stocked up on this, bought a couple of big bottles and a bunch of small ones when they were on sale. Fantastic product!

on 12/26/2014 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Count me in as a fan as well. I love this! I received this as a gift from my best friend. After giving up on Lush for a while, I decided to be more open minded to what Lush had to offer this year. I was not disappointed with this shower gel. The scent is delightful. It doesn't linger too long after the shower on the skin, but the air holds onto it quite well. I pair it with Ro's body conditioner and it is a perfect pairing if you want the scent to last on your skin. The shower gel cleans well without drying my skin or breaking me out. It also lathers gently. I will definitely buy a bigger bottle before the new year since this seems seasonal.

on 12/14/2014 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I don't think any shower gel can smell better than this one! I will buy it over and over and over again.

on 11/23/2014 9:25:00 PM

Love, it's like bathing in an English garden during a tea party. I don't get why this isn't offered as a year-round product because it would still be flying off the shelves. I wish the fragrance lasted throughout the day but understand it's an unreasonable expectation to have for a body wash.

Ro's Argan Body Conditioner is the closest you'll get to having the smell available throughout the year, and it's BEAUTIFUL, so go for that once the season ends.

My roommate paired this with Pacifica Persian Rose spray perfume and good god, it's gorgeous.

on 11/6/2014 12:57:00 PM

SOOO, it's Christmas season and I jumped in the band wagon... I FIRST bought this product in the tiniest size because I kept hearing people rave about it on youtube...
It smells like lemon and roses... old roses... like how grandma's smells like. BUT I actually liked it =) I think it's because the lush employee said there is rose absolute from Senir, Turkey in the shower gel - well that's fancy! haha
Rose Jam makes me feel like a grown up when I use it, definitely the opposite of snow fairy (where I feel like I'm 6 yrs old again, and I'm eating cotton candy)

Like any other lush shower gels, it's not as moisturizing as a bath melt, so I have to use my kind of skin solid body lotion after using any lush shower gels just for added moisture...

WELL... I bought one of the 100 ml size for $10 to try initially, but I bought the 250 ml soon after just for backup until next Christmas=)