Stila Artful Eye Collector's Edition Volume III

2.5

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I felt a little disappointed having to toss this palette out. When this hit stores, I fell in love with the bold colors in it. However, since getting the UD Vice 2 palette, this Stila palette doesn't come close to the quality of the UD Vice 2. I'm not here to compare the two. UD Vice 2 is a much bigger palette with a much bigger price tag. However, both do contain very similar shades. Here is my impression for the Stila Artful Eye Collector's Edition Vol III.
Pros:
All five shades are:
Smooth and easy to blend.
Pigmented.
Nicely packed and when I say that, the shadows don't have the same feeling as some of the other Stila palettes which are prone to crumbling. In this particular palette, the shadows are more densely packed.
Cons:
Lasting power is the ultimate deal breaker here. Even with my HG primer, all shades in this palette turn into a muddy mess after only 4-5 hours of wear. Colors don't stay true, they all turn to a hazy mess. For an example, when I wear say shades from the Wet 'n Wild Walking on Eggshells palette, you can see all three shades very clearly after 9-10 hours of wear. The same for the UD Naked palettes. After a few hours of wear with this Stila palette, it looks like a 5 year old did my makeup.
All shades appear too frosty.
The navy shade looks beautiful in the pan but very cloudy and gritty on the lid.
I typically like palettes that have shades in it that can pull together a completed look. With this Stila palette, you can't do that. Well, I've tried to do completed looks just by using this palette and it always comes out bad. Don't let the lightest shade in this palette fool you. It appears to be a pretty light champagne/tan color but it actually is a high frost beige with pink tones. It reminds me of MAC Naked Lunch on the lid which I don't care for either.

on 12/12/2013 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This palette is limited edition and was promoted for Black Friday 2013. I'm not really into colorful shadows, but I knew this would be a great addition to my collection if I decide to change thing up or use one of the shadows as a liner. The palette is priced at $10 USD and contains five shadows. Therefore each shadow comes to comes to $2 and you cant beat that price! I took one lippie off since it's only available online and another lippie off since Stila shadows are almost too soft. Its difficult to blend them since they have a tendency of blending away on the brush. I would repurchase.

Popular Palettes