April 18, 2014 | 1211 users online

Eye Shadow - Almay - Softie eyeshadow

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2014 2:59:00 AM More reviews by npronald

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

When i came across the new Almay softies eye shadow display i was drawn to this beautiful green gold colour and i simply had to have it. The colour i bought was called Moss. One thing i noticed was that i couldnt use my eyeshadow brush and i had to apply it with my finger. I love using my brushes so i wasn't to happy about that. The texture is very soft but when using it i had to apply alot to build up the colour. This eye shadow looks pretty as a wash over my chocolate shadows and my mac pink sushi flower. I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2014 4:59:00 PM More reviews by rainnkenyon

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I hesitated to buy this product, as the reviews seemed to be negative. When Walgreens had BOGO 1/2 off, and $2.00 off instore coupon, and I had 5/2 mfg. coupon, making these free, I boutht Hot Fudge, Moss, Lilac, and Vintage Grape. These were the only four left in the display, so there wasn't much debate about color. I had wanted to get darker colors, as I heard these were not highly pigminted. Vintage Grape, Moss and Hot Fudge were dark in the pan. These do swatch lighter than they appear, and they aren't highly pigminted, so the color is lighter than what you see. I expected this, so I wasn't disappointed when I swatched them. I swatched over primer, and Hot fudge was a lovely matte brown, lilac a beautiful wash of lavender, grape was smokey purple, and Moss came out a georgeous gold/green that was almmost mattalic. Lilac and vintage grape had some shimmer, and moss quite a bit of shimmer. I applied lilac and vintage grape over Maybelline Color Tatoo in Pure Nude, and the lilac was beautiful on the lid. I used my fingers, and it applied easily. I used my baby finger to apply vintaage grape on the outer v and the crease. Initially I was disappointed with how light it was, until I took in the look over all. It was soft, hazy, and beautiful. It is a great combination, and the look stayed the same all day with no fading or creasing. True, if it faded, there would have been nothing left, and I wouldn't try this without primer or a base, but then I always use primer or a base anyway. The Hot Fudge and Moss made a nice combination, though I would have prefered to have more colors to work with. I didn't want to pull in anything else from my collection when testing these, to see how they wore. I wasn't disappointed with the look or wear time. I will pick up a few more colors when I find another sale, as I realy want to try Smoke.
I wouldn't recommend these with out primer or base, and I would caution not to expect heavy pigmentation. I have quite a bit of highly pigminted eyeshadow, so it was nice to get something that would be subtle, but still pretty. There would be good for someone starting out with makeup, someone who likes a light look, or already had a lot of deeply pigmented shadows. Fingers worked better than brushes for me, but that wasn't a problem. They blended nicely.
They have a very soft, creamy but not wet consistancy. they are not cream, but very soft powders. I didn't notice fallout. Other review have said you can press and make indentations, but I didn't try this myself. I trust those who say it is possible, but I didn't want dented shadow.
I will buy these again in different colors. I am not delirous over these, but I am pleased.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2014 12:59:00 AM More reviews by Esmerelda55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

After I tried to swatch this on my arm, I never thought I'd be saying I'd purchase again. But I would.
I have been looking for a great deep purple color and a neutral brownish gray. So, yippee when I spied these at Rite-Aid.. buy one get the second half off! In the tubs they look exactly like what I was looking for. Got home, opened them, swiped my finger.. uh oh... I couldn't even get any color at all to transfer to my arm.
Today I decided I was going to see what they look like on my eyes, even though I was pretty sure I hated them
But.. I like them a lot! Who knew? I put the purple on my lids with my finger (over sigma base).. I put several layers on and instantly started to really like the way it looked. Not even close to the dark purple I thought I was buying but such a lovely wash of deep lavender across my eyelid. I used a brush and put the grey in the outer corner.. it goes great with the purple and was just as nice on. It isn't shimmery (heaven forbid), but it's pearly. I thought that would be a problem, but not at all. Got home tonight and checked it out in the mirror.. looked exactly like when I left. No creases and still lovely.
I think if I hadn't had the base on, I would not have been able to see it. But I always wear the base.
I like these! I'll be bringing home some other colors!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2014 10:36:00 AM More reviews by Beth

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

As a candy-loving seven-year-old, back in 196[CENSORED] :), I was intrigued by a new candy in my area called Razzles. It's a candy! It's a gum! Which is it? I bought and loved it, of course. Almay Softies single shadows are the same way. It's a powder! It's a cream! Which is it? I spied this rack of shadow singles on a rather high shelf at my local Target and wasn't much impressed, except for this one color, Petal: a matte-looking medium rose with no shimmer. That shadow color always grabs my attention. For $4.88, I figured what the heck. The best way I can think of to describe the texture is kind of a dry cream.

Good points:
--The color is indeed beautiful on me. I've been wearing it this week with a brown cream shadow from Illuminaré and getting great results.
--The price. Honestly, you can't beat it with a stick, even without a coupon.
--It doesn't crease.

Bad points:
--The color writeoff (what some of you refer to as payoff) is a little less than I'd like, and it showed up with a slight pearly finish, which wasn't apparent in the untouched pan.
--The case is surprisingly difficult to open. I guess that's to keep it from drying out.
--If you don't know that it's a cream-powder, you might think it's a straight powder, as I did. I tried to apply it with a brush the first time I used it, and although it worked, the surface of the product immediately acquired a patina, which made me think my brush was dirty. I now usually apply it with a finger, although a brush does give better coverage. You can actually push the product around in the pan with a finger like a dry Play-Doh.

Currently, the color range is not wide enough for my taste; Petal was the only color that appealed to me. Add a few more cool neutral non-shimmers, Almay, and I'll come back.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/12/2013 1:19:00 AM More reviews by Melancholia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this eyeshadow in the color "moss" it's a really gorgeous green gold kind of color. In the packaging it looks great and even when it's swatched it looks pretty good, but when I applied this on my lids it was like it was non existent it didn't give much of a color payoff. I used primer underneath it and by the end of the day I couldn't even tell I had eyeshadow on at all. I would not recommend this product.