Maybelline The Hyper Curl Volum'express Waterproof

3.9

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Bought this on a whim while browsing through Sasa overseas. I generally have good luck with Maybelline mascaras so I threw it in my basket without even checking the price tag. Packaging is cute with the typical fat Maybelline tube- black with a metallic pink cap. The wand is curved with traditional bristles- similar to the one of The Falsies mascara- only they are shorter and more dense. Upon first application I really liked the results. I curled my lashes first and applied 2 coats on top. Definitely waterproof, holds the curl on my crappy Asian lashes and didn't flake off in the hot humid temperatures of Hong Kong. I've been using it for about 2 weeks and I like layering it over my L'oreal Miss Manga waterproof mascara. The only negative thing is that it's quite expensive for a drugstore mascara - retailing at 99 HKD (which is $12.77 USD). I found international sellers on eBay selling it for a little less, but nothing cheaper than typical US drugstore mascara prices :( definitely worth checking out if you're in Asia though.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I have this in Very Black and it definitely adds volume to my lashes. It doesn't curl though, which is what I need more. I like that the formula is not too watery, so it does not smudge or run as the day goes by. Also, it comes off nicely using my MAC eye makeup remover. Overall, it's a good volumizing mascara. But since my need is for a curling mascara, I wouldn't repurchase.

I have used it for several years. It is smudge proof and waterproof. And only cost me about $5 or less if the brand has a promo.

So I bought this just very recently, when I made a trip to Japan with my orchestra. Since where I come from, the good Maybelline products are all asianed up, I don't see very good products very often. The Hyper Curl was on sale in one of the Japanese drugstores that I happened to pass by, and so I bought it.

The product turned out to be pretty good, and it actually does make your eye lashes a lot thicker, more volume, and a lot longer and darker. But this product was not for me. I have really long brown eyelashes that just don't need THAT much makeup and redoing, if you know what i mean.

But overall, if you really want to look good and glam. go ahead and buy the mascara. For me at least, it was both smudge proof, and waterproof. So everything worked out just fine.

SO GO FOR IT!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I didnt find myself stand out using this product. Just the same, only bit thicker obviously because i use a mascara but not necessarily longer or become "hyper curl". For daily use i think no problem since its cheap but will not buy it again

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I love this mascara. It doesn't make me look like a miserable panda.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i love dis product

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Having chanced upon this at a makeup sale, I grabbed it without even looking at it/ thinking twice. I then realised that I bought the brown coloured one instead of my usual black. This is the first time I'm trying a coloured mascara and I fell in love!

It makes my black lashes pop, and adds good length and volume. (I'm actually usually lazy or rushing for time when applying makeup so most of the time I only apply 2 coats of mascara.) I also love the product as it's easy to remove (I use Shiseido's Cleansing Oil), and does not run or fallout.

Got this at a great steal, too (only SGD10!) so I am very pleased :)

*also now very eager to try other colours of mascara.

Popular Mascaras