December 22, 2014 | 1466 users online

Styling Products - Drybar Cream Soda Smoothing Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2014 9:21:00 PM More reviews by jalyne8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My favorite leave -in for adding lots of body to fine hair.
I know this product is labeled a smoothing cream but it definitely adds more volume to hair.
Not stiff or sticky and I could actually come through my hair much easier with this product.
Love it, worth the money!!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2014 5:43:00 PM More reviews by Annisty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this as a sample and wanted to try it out on my bow bun for the evening. I applied it generously, like the directions said, to my damp, clean hair. Applying generously was a terrible idea. It make my hair so stiff and clumpy! I have fine hair and it definitely weighed it down. Whilst my bun did last about 3-4 hours it immediately sagged down after that. It did make my hair shiny, but not in a good way. Overall, not a good experience at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2014 11:02:00 PM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'd been using B&B Texture at the roots with the Grooming Cream on the ends with good results. Then I got a sample of Drybar Cream Soda and decided to try it. My hair came out perfect three times in a row, and I'm not all that adept with a brush and a dryer--I usually need a little remedial flatironing, or even have to resort to the curling iron. I'm still using B&B Texture at the roots (it works well for a little volume), then adding a small dollop of Drybar to what's left on my hands and working it through all my hair. After blowdrying, my hair is perfect--no stiffness, no flakiness, no lankness, no dryness, no flyaways, no frizz, no cowlicks--just shine and smoothness and memory and body, body, body. Incredible. My hair looks like I had a professional blowout. It's a light cream--much lighter than B&B Grooming--and so much easier to really distribute throughout my hair. It has a bit of a tropical scent, but it's not overwhelming, and I can't smell it at all when my hair is dry. I adore this and will buy the full size.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

I received a sample of this from Sephora, and I love it so much, I just ordered 2 tubes direct from drybar- but only because Sephora's stock has been sold out online. I read a lot of the reviews on the Sephora website, and apparently it has been out of stock for quite some time now. I like this product too much to wait indefinitely for it to return back in stock, so I ordered it from the company that makes it. What is this Cream Soda smoothing cream? It is a wonderful concoction of emollient ingredients that makes my fine, frizzy, color-treated hair look so much smoother and shinier! What I also love about this product is that it does NOT weigh my fine hair down, nor make it look greasy, clumpy, or feel dirty. Sometimes I mix it with Paul Mitchell's Wax Works if I need a bit more "oomph" to my 'do after it's blow dried, but I also use Cream Soda on my hair when it is wet and before applying my hair gel. Like most styling products, you only need a small amount to get results. Adding too much will probably make your hair too soft and unmanageable, so it is best to start out with small amounts and add more if necessary, depending on your hair type. The only thing I am *not* crazy about is the price ($27 per tube), but I am willing to pay it because I have lots of skin allergies from cosmetics/lotions/hair products, and Cream Soda does NOT incite my eczema. (yay!!!) Prior to this, my HG was Alterna Bamboo Silk-Sleek Brilliance Cream, which I still use and adore; but I think the drybar Cream Soda gives me just a wee bit more volume when used on dry hair than the Alterna cream. So on the days when I need more volume, I use the drybar cream, and on days when I need more shine, I reach for the Alterna.

EDIT 1/27/14: I have been using this as a gel or styling cream in my hair after it's towel-dried, and then I blow dry. This stuff is GREAT! I can't believe how much body this gives my fine hair when I blow dry it! Who would have thought? I am used to using gels and mousse in my hair when I blow dry, and I usually use styling creams to smooth down my flyaways and feathery ends after my hair is dry. I tried using Drybar Cream Soda on my wet hair on a day when I wasn't going anywhere (just in case it came out horrible), and I was surprised at how great my hair turned out! Since then, I have been using it on my wet hair every day with terrific results. I am very impressed with this product!