November 22, 2014 | 1954 users online

Powder - Marc Jacobs - Perfection Powder - Featherweight Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2014 10:45:00 AM More reviews by mimiluau

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

First off, let's get the price out of the way. THIS IS EXPENSIVE! Even for a high end foundation, my eyebrows are raised almost to my nape. But getting the cost out of the way, the actual product is pretty, darn awesome.

I was actually forced to get 2 compacts of this because I got the wrong color so if you're dark skinned like me, maybe this will help. The first time around, I got this foundation in a 600 Cocoa. For reference, I'm a Bobbi Brown 6.5, a MAC NC50, and an MUFE 177. The 600 Cocoa was much too dark even before oxidation and after oxidation, it was almost like paint especially compared to my chest. I tried to blend it all the way down but it was clearly too red and too dark for my skin. I'd say the 600 Cocoa would be equivalent to maybe a darker NW47, possibly an NW50. Unfortunately, because I had travelled out of the country I got this and had used this a few times, trying to make it work with a lighter concealer since I'd spent so much on it, I couldn't return it.

Eventually, I realized that I liked this enough to make a reinvestment, even though I'd barely scratched the surface of my initial compact. I repurchased this a couple of weeks ago in a shade lighter, the 500 Fawn Cocoa. This shade is beautiful. It's a golden, yellow-undertoned, type color to it. I would say it's MAYBE a tad too light at the start of the day (maybe a NC45-47 or so) in a barely noticeable way, but a couple of hours in, with oxidation, it's spot on. This foundation stays put too, through sweat, oil, and stays looking nice and matte all day. It oxidizes a little but but not too much. Maybe gets a shade darker but at all red and muddy. My finicky skin doesn't seem to mind this foundation at all which is a rarity since it HATED Gabriel Foundation AND Becca, both of which are supposed to be made of sunlight and miracle organic goodness. EVERYTHING breaks me out and THIS doesn't.

I'd say this foundation provides up to medium coverage, maybe slightly more coverage than the MAC MSFN which I'd categorize as light to medium coverage. It has a tendency to look powdery when applied with too heavy a hand but that's easily fixed with a bit of water/setting spray- I like the Avene spray.

I would definitely repurchase this foundation despite the price because the color is beautiful, it doesn't break me out, it's not messy at all, and this is the first foundation I've ever worn that barely needs blotting throughout the day in tropical weather.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 11:56:00 PM More reviews by viikee

at first i didn't like this until i started to play around with it some more. This powder foundation is amazing, it gives beautiful and natural looking results! controls oil really well, looks fresh all day, and i HIGHLY recommend pairing it with your favorite BB cream during the day for a fresh looking face

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2014 11:39:00 PM More reviews by mskittynoir

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

....Review on the white shade TRANSPARENT....

Wanted to love it, gave it a good few weeks but...

gorgeous texture, just didn't work for my oily skin :(((sad

I have combo/oily skin and this seemed to just make me oil out bad! It was solo pretty at first, really blurred my skin in a lovely doll skin fashion, BUT it would last maybe 1 hour, then i would touch up with it, and never get that shiny look gone!

This happened to me also with MUFE HD pressed and loose powder, which had to go back too because of this same reason. Although this is wayyyyyy nicer than that stuff!

Great texture! finely milled which i just loved, never looking dusty on my skin.

I love skin that glows through, not matted out skin, YET this just didnt stick with my skin. I WISH i WISH i did, for whoever this may work for Normal to dry skin? you are lucky!

Lovely compact! feels so expensive and rich to pull out of that purse! sad......

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2013 2:18:00 PM More reviews by kellypi07

I'm kind of surprised I haven't seen any reviews for this yet, so I guess I'll start it off!

I was looking for a pressed powder more to set my makeup than as a foundation. I really like how smooth this feels on the skin and totally makes my face matte, which at the moment I like (sometimes I like a more dewy look). It's long wearing and makes my makeup look flawless. Btw, my skin is Normal and I don't have many blemishes. The coverage is said to be buildable so if you like a more medium coverage I believe this would do well at doing so. Some extra perks is that it is infused with anti-aging and hydrating ingredients and it doesn't contain parabens or talc if that's important to you (it is to me).

The packaging is fantastic in my opinion. A classic black compact with Marc Jacobs written on top. It secures perfectly and I love the silver button to open the compact; easy and convenient. The compact also comes with a little pouch, which is great for traveling, and has two pockets; one with the compact and another with the sponge. I don't use the sponge, but I do use a big soft powder brush to apply this. If you want to use it as a foundation I suggest a kabuki or a denser brush. Furthermore, the mirror on this compact is great. It's big and covers the whole upper compact, which makes it easier to see what you're doing. I carry this compact everywhere with me sometimes just for the mirror!

Overall, I really enjoy this powder. I haven't used it as a foundation so I can't say much on that, but as a setting powder its beautiful, silky and flawless. The only downfall is the color selection... there's only ten colors to choose from, which may be a problem for some. My color is 200 Ivory Bisque and I am NC20 and the color chosen for me works well. I definitely would repurchase and recommend!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No