NARS Pro-Prime Light Optimizing Primer

4.7

on 2/24/2015 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

i have oily acne prone skin and initially tried the pore refining primer. However it didn't control my oilier and actually d I don't do much of anything. I got this as a sample and was worried that it would make my oily skin oilier but instead, gave me a glow that made my skin look younger and more vibrant. I haven't had any bad skin reactions to this either. So far i am loving it!

on 2/8/2015 1:00:00 AM

This is a great primer if you want dewy skin. The primer comes out of the tube as a white gel-type substance, but when I spread it on my face, it leaves behind really pretty, subtle red and gold sparkles to give the illusion of sparkling skin. It's not overwhelming at all and it looks wonderful. The primer also helps my makup last 8+ hours. This is worth a try!

on 12/19/2014 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This pearly, non-mattifying primer is super-lightweight. I only have a sample (right now) so I've been trying to make it last by only using it sometimes. And I notice that people go out of their way to compliment my skin when I wear it—that never happens when I don't. (I use Maybelline BB Cream as a foundation over the primer, because I like a light, natural look.)

For a long time I used Smashbox primer, in the neutral and the green (red-correcting) formulas. Until I got this little Nars sample I didn't realize how deadening the Smashbox product is. Nars' "radiance enhancing" or "light optimizing" version keeps my skin looking hydrated and glowy without being obvious, glittery, or weird. I have sensitive skin and haven't had any problems—but neither do I wear it every day; in any event, I moisturize day and night with Aveeno Clear Complexion moisturizer, to combat my skin's tendency to react to skin products. My skin stays clear as long as I stick to what I know won't break it out.

on 6/20/2014 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This primer is expensive, but makes my Nars SG stay on so much longer and just looks smoother. There is a shimmer like others have mentioned but it disappears.

I use this over a moisturizer because I have dry skin. I have stopped using powder unless I'm getting photos taken, so I needed a primer to make foundation stay on better, since I skip powder. This does that. My sculpting powder, blush, and overall face just looks ultra smooth using this.

on 2/9/2014 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I love this primer!!!! 😍

I got this sample from one of my perks. It was okay. I like how you only needed a little bit and it worked really well as far as my makeup staying put. But my HG is the Smashbox Luminizing Primer. If you just need a simple primer with SPF 15 then I say go with this one.