October 24, 2014 | 2007 users online

Eyes - DHC - Eye Lash tonic

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2014 6:04:00 PM More reviews by lovely_azian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Remove the stopper!

At first I didn't like this product. I felt like it wasn't doing anything for my lashes. I noticed that the stopper removes most of the product from the wand so the wand was always relatively dry whenever I used it. After removing the stopper I have noticed the product working a lot better. Removing the stopper makes everything messier and you will have to remove a lot of the product off the wand yourself but you'll be able to apply more product this way and you should notice results faster.

That being said, I have noticed results. My lower lashes are definitely longer and more plentiful. Another telling sign was that the lashes on my left eye were always a bit short and stubborn compaired to my right side, since using this the left eye lashes have grown noticeably. Good stuff. Will repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2013 11:05:00 PM More reviews by bonbon01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This tonic really does strengthens my lashes, the volume is now fuller and lashes fall out less often.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2013 12:07:00 AM More reviews by visee

This lash essence does work to strengthen my lashes, but the Canmake essence is much better in comparison and also cheaper. If you can get both, try the Canmake one instead. The DHC lash tonic has a mascara wand applicator, which works well if you only want to apply it on your lashes like a normal mascara. However, it's really scratchy if you get close to the roots, and I have poked my eye a few times by accident. I suspect it's not meant to be applied too close to the roots as the product stings when it gets into my eye. When dry, my lashes also become quite hard. Lastly, as mentioned by other reviewers, this comes in a transparent tube and it becomes cloudy after just 1-2 weeks of use, and just looks terrible like it has gone bad due to contamination.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2012 6:43:00 PM More reviews by tanseiyin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Lousy product in short.

My eyelashes didn't grew any longer after repeated application everyday. Not only so, it is sooooooo expensive. There was even a change in the product's colour after some time! Though i am still using it, i can't wait to get it in the dumpster.

The only pros i can think of this product is the ease of application compared to other eye lash serums like loreal which had a very weird applicator tip. Its applied in a way similar to how people apply mascara.

Will not repurchase that's for sure.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2011 10:55:00 AM More reviews by Cherrybello

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

It is not so bad though, there had been some improvements... but definately can't compare with L'Oreal lash renew serum. I love the brush! Slightly uncomfortable, yes, but I can be sure all lashes are coated with this one, no mess! But the colour changed from a semi-transparent amber yellow to whitish murky colour after a while, grossed me out... and I eventually threw it out...

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2011 9:42:00 PM More reviews by Apocalypcia

I didn't apply it on regular before mostly because of laziness.
But either way, I noticed that on the random bald spot on my left eye's lower lashes, some hair finally grew and slightly more thicker.
It may not be noticeable for others, but I stare at my eye pretty up close whenever I put on my contact lenses.
Anyways, before it was only one very thin strand of hair on that bald spot. Now, it became thicker and a few other ones grew.
My upper lashes definitely grew since my vision is blurrier than before (My lashes just droops down and are in the way of my vision) and they are also much thicker and fuller than before :D
I wish the package was better. There's a lot of product left on the bottom where I can't reach, which is annoying.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2011 5:34:00 AM More reviews by Aniger86

Not too impressed by this product. Better than Ardell, but comparing amongst other similar products, it is not outstanding. I had purchased it at a special fair for 20% off (normally, DHC doesn't go on sale here, I have never seen a discount before the fair). It does seem to make lashes stronger and longer, but you would need to use it alternately with other better performing ones for it to work. Using it alone day in day out does not seem to rap much benefits, would not be re-purchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2010 12:40:00 AM More reviews by lemon_flower

I have very short, sparse upper lashes and even shorter, more sparse, and almost non-existent lower lashes. The first lash conditioning/growth product I've tried was by Ardell, which lengthened but did not help with the volume nor new growth of my lashes. My tube of Ardell also went bad (changed colors, smelled strange) within a matter of weeks, so although it was really cheap, I also had to toss it out pretty quickly.

I bought the DHC tonic on a whim when I saw that their catalogue came with a coupon for 120NT off (I live in Taiwan now). Been using the product VIGOROUSLY for the past week, and although I haven't seen any volumizing effects on my lashes, the few lower lashes that I do have have become noticeably longer. And unlike the Ardell product, DHC eye lash tonic does not irritate my eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2010 1:43:00 PM More reviews by bigbailey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've never used any type of eyelash tonic before but my eyelashes had been falling out and getting a bit sparse. I used the tonic in the morning and at night and it really seems to work well! I think that my lashes were dry and maybe this plumped them up. They are definatley longer and healthier! I would buy again for sure!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2010 7:10:00 PM More reviews by chloechan88

It does help my lashes grow longer and thicker. However, if I got it into my eyes, my eyes would become very red and watery (it doesn't sting my eyes tho). I put a "yes" on "would you buy it again" but I think I may try something else.