Sephora Be on the A List

on 6/14/2014 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I don't have anything bad to say about this. I swatched every light brown shimmery shadow in sephora and this was the best. I was looking for one that didn't pull bronze, gold, purple- just a true light brown. This is a sophisticated shade because it has a barely noticeable light pink quality in the shimmer. Over UDPP it lasts all day. Love!

on 4/5/2014 7:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I am a sucker for taupe eye shadows. I'd been eyeing this for some time and reading the previous review just pushed me over the edge into buying it. I don't regret it at all. It is subtle, sophisticated, flattering and just perfect.

Sephora generally has really stepped up their game with regard to their own line of products. I have really fallen for their eye liners and jumbo eye pencils and their brushes have always been a staple with me. Their Prisma Chrome shadows (now, sadly, discontinued) are among the best quality shadows I own. I was eager try their extensive selection of "regular" shadows and this is my first purchase. I am thrilled. This is a flattering, very wearable taupe shadow. There is something about the colour or perhaps it is the intensity of how it applies that really highlights my eyes to the point where I don't even need eye liner - this shadow and some black mascara does it all. I also love that these are easy to depot (no need for surgical implements, welding torches, flame throwers and a wrench!) and that Sephora GIVES you free palettes (a 3 pan if you buy 2 shadows - how GREAT is that?).

I really want to get several more of these shadows because they are so affordable, mostly excellent, there is a huge colour range to choose from and Sephora has really put a lot of thought into making using them much more practical for the consumer. So...if anyone has suggestions for other shades to try, don't hesitate to let me know!

on 12/7/2013 1:45:00 PM

Great everyday taupe. Good amount of pigment, a touch of shimmer, nice lasting power. While I rarely buy this line of eye shadows, this is my frequent go-to.