Clarins Instant Concealer

4.3

on 6/30/2015 9:03:00 AM

Holy grail concealer for me. It has a great brightening effect when used under the eyes but also great at covering any redness and acne scars. The packaging works great as I hate concealers with applicators or ones you need to stick your fingers into, gross! Doesn't break me out and has lasted for quite a while. It also blend really well and at times I find myself using this alone with a powder for lighter coverage as the consistency is a bit more fluid that some thicker concealers that are hard to blend and work with.

on 6/4/2015 6:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is so great, it makes me look more brighteyed and fresh instantly. It's a very liquid concealer which took me aback at first, but it does really provide great coverage and the liquid helps spread it without making it look cakey under the eyes. I like the packaging (it comes in a tube with a very small opening in the nozzle) as it feels very hygienic and easy to dispense. You only need a tiny bit for under they eyes. For reference, I bought this early January 2015, it is now June 2015 and I feel like I'll have at least another month left before I need to repurchase, and I wear this every day. If I recall correctly, I paid about €30 for this in Ireland which isn't cheap, but it does seem to be lasting a long time so I think it's worth the money.

on 5/19/2015 4:21:00 PM

This is the best concealer I've tried so far. I have really dark under eye circles and have never been able to cover them up before. My skin is fair, very thin and sensitive, so a lot of concealers makes my skin dry or doesn't cover at all.
This covers up perfectly and it takes very little product, so even though it's expensive, in my opinion, it lasts 3 times longer than drugstore concealers, like Rimmel, which I used before.
Only downside is it sits in my under eye lines - I have two big lines which nothing will ever cover, so didn't expect it, but it makes them appear smaller than any other product, so if you have very small lines, maybe it will cover them. And be careful not to squeeze out too much product, it's very easy with tubes like this.
It blends out nicely and I just use my ring finger to blend it, no need to use a brush all though it would probably work as well. On days where I'm really tired I will set the concealer with Bare Minerals Well Rested which brightens my face so well. But the concealer alone also brightens really good. Would definitely recommend it!

on 4/19/2015 6:24:00 PM

I bought this concealer after reading good reviews from Paula Begoun's Beautypedia. She's critical of almost anything, so if she said anything good, I thought I should trust it.
I've used this on my under eye area to cover dark circles. I'd say they are lightened by 80 percent, since I can only see a tiny shade of lilac/purple after I apply concealer.
Thanks to this concealer, though, I discovered that I've a fine line under my eyes. When the concealer dried out, it settled inside a line so I noticed very easily.
Now I use it to cover acne scars since there no fine lines where I've scars. It does cover red scars quite well. A little goes a long way, so one small tube (0.5oz) can last a very long time.
It's easy to squeeze a lot of concealer out of the tube, so I always end up squeezing more than I need. Despite this waste, I can see this concealer lasting me months.

on 4/19/2015 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

This is my favourite under-eye concealer at the moment. A friend in the US to send me shade 4 and I really like it. I'm NC45 and this works perfectly. It's a quarter shade lighter than the rest of my skin and has very good coverage. If you're into the 'bright' under eye look and about my complexion then go for a shade lighter or something with more omph.

As I mentioned I use this as a daily under-eye concealer. It has very good, but not super, pigmentation. I have moderate darkness, which is worse after a long night, but nothing chronic. This covers everything I need covered with half a grain of rice size per eye. I could probably use less than that if I wanted to be careful about it. I've been using if for about two months and there's still plenty left. I've tried with fingers, fluffy brushes, dense brushes and the beauty blender. It works with all of them. My favourite is a fluffy brush because it perfects and brightens but disperses the product enough that you can't tell I'm wearing anything at all even at close range.

The best thing about the concealer is finish and wear time. It is a super light liquid/cream with nice slip and takes a fair while to set to a satin finish. You don't have to rush, you don't have to faff about with speciality application methods (that's YOU Nars radiant creamy concealer!) and it stays all day even on top of moisturiser and an SPF. I don't prime or set or retouch this concealer ever. I have fine lines under my eyes and you can see them after about 4-6 hours of wear but the product doesn't settle into them even after 12 hours of wear. That's more than enough for me.

No product I've ever used under my eyes is so low maintenance and impervious to sloppy application. The EL dw has better pigmentation and better colour selection, but you have to be more careful with it. This has relegated my Nars radiant creamy concealer to areas where skin is entirely crease free. The Nars just requires to much baby-ing to get it to look decent and it creases. The price is in line with Clarins other products, more than DS but less than most other HE options. The packaging is a small tube; it's not glamorous but the small squeeze spout and plastic container make is super easy to handle and travel with. I can't recommend this highly enough. I will definitely be picking up several back-ups on my next trip to the states.

One Problem. The shade range is pathetic. They have 4 (4!) in total and, for no reason I can determine, they only sell the lightest 3 in Europe. And US distributors won't ship this product to the UK (even if they send to the UK ordinarily) likely because of some licensing contracts. Clarins: sort yourselves out! This is beyond pathetic for a global brand. Seriously.

Rant over.

Rant aside. Give this a try. It's fantastic.

on 4/1/2015 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Gives fantastic coverage. I have pretty dark under eye circles and this conceals them perfectly. There's absolutely no creasing during the day nor fading and it looks lightweight on skin. It doesn't dry the under eye area due to its liquid formula. The color 01 (the lightest one) is a little too dark on my NC15 skin, so I can't use it to cover arbitrary pimples on my neck. However, under foundation the concealer can easily be blended.

I have to give credit for its ingredients. I've got really sensitive eyes, which sometimes react to dimethicone by watering. I would give Instant Concealer five lippies if the tube didn't leak. During the ten first uses I didn't even press the tube when it started running, only stopping when I put the lid on. I hope that I had a bad copy because there was a lot of product wasted. A side that problem, this is definitely the best product I have tried for under eye circles.

on 3/8/2015 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love this concealer.. Provides great coverage which doesn't move all day, or crease. Although it's not cheap a tube is 15 ml & you use such a tiny amount it lasts ages! Only tiny downside is it does come out of the tube fairly fast so don't squeeze the tube too hard! Will be buying this again & again

on 2/24/2015 11:55:00 PM

HG concealer. Loooooooove this stuff. Good coverage. Haven't noticed creasing and slightly moisterizing.

on 2/3/2015 12:17:00 PM

This is the best concealer IMHO for those of us with "life lines." It conceals well, it isn't cakey and the best thing is it doesn't crease or highlight lines. Yes, it is pricey, but a little goes a very long way.

on 1/30/2015 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

First of all let me say that I am a concealer junkie. I was born with dark circles and bags and now that I'm "older" I have to be careful about concealers that are on the heavier side because of the creasing factor. Let's see Bobbi Brown, Lancôme, Estée lauder, Lise waiter just to name a few of the concealer brands I own don't come close to the performance of Claris instant concealer.
What I love about it is:
-hydrating
-light weight texture
-peachy tone (02) so it acts as a corrector on my bluish circles
-conceals without cakey look

What I don't love:
-packaging sucks!! I actually like that it's in a tube but the product just keeps coming out and it is messy.
I recommend this to anyone!!!

Top Rated Clarins Products