Cover Girl truMagic

2.8

Polymethylsilsesquioxane, myristyl trisiloxane, cetearyl ethylhexanoate, caprylyl methicone, synthetic wax, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, microcrystalline wax/cire microcrystalline, dimethicone, methylparaben, propylparaben, pentaerythrityl tetra-DI-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, laureth-4

on 6/9/2015 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Mally is laughing so hard at this stuff right now. I own the Mally stuff. It's good. I always have it in my travel makeup case. This stuff ain't that. Cover Girl needs a diaper change because they just messed all up. This stuff moves around. Mally's doesn't. It doesn't move. This is like Crisco. I tried to use it like the Mally stuff. It jacked with my Makeup Forever foundation. I even tried to use it as a very light primer and it didn't like that either. It doesn't play well alone or with others. My drag queen friends don't get this one, either. They're better than that. It is, however, going into the trash.

on 5/14/2015 4:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Awful. It is super greasy as you first put it on. Then it takes your makeup with it onto the brush if you put it on afterwards. I also broke out in a really awful face rash that is not going down. Would not recommend this one bit

on 4/26/2015 7:48:00 PM

Revisiting this after disliking it initially. I don't know why I didn't like it. Over makeup, it re-perfects, mattifies without drying, and doesnt disturb what I've got going on. Much tidier than powder, doesn't cake or build up. Used over lips prior to reapplying lipstick, I get minimal bleeding and no accentuated lines around my lips. Totally HG now. I've not tried Mallys product, but for the price, im not going to.

on 4/22/2015 3:11:00 PM

So, I bought Mally's face defender - and I don't like it. I am so bummed - mostly because it was 40 bucks! My daughter was here a few days ago, and touched up with Cover Girl TruMagic. I commented how it made my face feel so tight and look so FLAT - thinking they were basically the same product. Does that make sense - flat? I don't want to look greasy and needed a bit of mattifying that didn't look powdery. This made my face look fresh and alive - not greasy, but not like a desert, either.I patted it on - same for both these products - PAT, don't rub or swipe. Anyway - patted it on right over my makeup - I had been wearing it for about 4 hours at that point - and it's like it blurred everything together, in a very soft focus, flattering way. Definitely smoothed over fine lines and large pores - doesn't eradicate everything - but nothing short of a mask will do that, anyway! There's no scent I can discern, and the product definitely feels softer in the compact than the face defender. When I took my makeup off about 8 hours later, it still looked fresh. Sold! Also - and this is HUGE - I like the packaging of this product and I find it alot easier to carry around with me, than the Mally product. This has a little plastic disc that covers the product in the compact and has a little well on the other side for the sponge. The Mally compact is huge and bulky and so is the sponge, and super awkward to carry along for touch ups or when traveling. I'm also thinking the face defender is for oilier skinned ladies, because it just doesn't work for me. Sorry for the "dual review" (lol) I don't mean to knock Mally! But long story short - she's going right back to Ulta, because I've already been to Target to buy one of these for my own! Considering this cost me 11.99 (I think) I guess I'm not so upset after all!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I found it a waste of $9. I tried it when I first saw it @Target in November or October. I was excited b/c it was new & packaged nicely. Plus,I generally love Cover Girl products. I tried it w/its included sponge& w/my fingers. It felt greasy both times. I tried it before moisturizer & some days after moisturizer. It still felt greasy. It didn't help my liquid foundations apply much easier or fill in lines or really do anything much.It helped my foundations to hold on only moderately. I have mostly oily skin. I still found spots where my foundations had worn off,almost as though I hadn't applied it. I even tried it as a touch-up instead of powder, as the directions said I could do. It felt strange to dab the stuff on either way(hands or sponge) b/c of the heavy texture. There was no scent or color. Also, I didn't notice any extra blemishes while I used it. I even hit pan during those two weeks. I have no use for TruMagic but have found a lower-priced primer from WalMart by Hard Candy. It's the Sheer Envy Matte primer in a baby blue tube. It's only $6-8, too! I have a review about it, also.

on 3/1/2015 2:10:00 AM

I thought this would be a great product for smoothing skin and blending my make up better. Instead I break out in a red itchy rash. I don't know what's in it that I'm allergic to but my face feels and looks sunburned. My money is wasted! I would not recommend this product to anyone with sensitive skin.

on 1/22/2015 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I didn't care for this at all! It feels slick and greasy and the consistency reminds me of a glue stick kids use. I also don't feel like it helped the appearance of my skin at all, it didn't mix well with foundation and either I use too little and notice nothing but a slimy feeling or I use too much and it clumps like paste. The packing is terrible bc it instantly gets dirty with face make up. I just feel like I'm putting something dirty on my face. I feel like this is basically like maybellines baby skin instant pore eraser but in a solid form. SOLID FAIL. I like maybellines a whole lot better!

on 11/22/2014 11:12:00 PM

I ran out of my primer - I'd been using Baby Skin (but was pretty so-so for me) and needed a replacement fast. I decided to give this a shot and I LOVE it. My skin is super soft under make-up and it looks really healthy and glowy, but not shiny. I've only tried it under make-up, not for touch ups throughout the day. Not sure I'd love it so much for that.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this stuff. One side of my face has really big pores. Go figure. I apply to both sides and my pores are diminished. I apply first to the side with the big pores and then whatever is left goes on the other side. I apply under my foundation, but if I forget I apply over my foundation. You have to apply lightly and just pat it on. Swipe your sponge lightly in product then pat lightly on skin

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love love love this product. Makes my face feel smooth and soft and make up is easier to apply. It makes my skin not look oily as well. I like to put it on under my foundation and powder then dab it on top, makes my skin look flawless and it's just. I love it.

Popular Primer/ Correctors