November 24, 2014 | 1760 users online

Bronzers - Guerlain - Guerlain Terra Ora Sculpting Powder and Contrast Highlighter for Summer 2013

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2014 10:31:00 AM More reviews by Louralantalassa

It is a bit expensive, but worth the money. The powder blends nicely and has a very natural finish (if not overly applied, of course). Perfect for the summer months - I use it only July and August, so I'll not be purchasing another bronzer in the next 5 years.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2013 3:22:00 PM More reviews by GirlieReview

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Guerlain's Terra Ora Sculpting Powder and Contrast Highlighter is the limited edition summer 2013 Guerlain bronzer. This is NOT the huge one (that's the Guerlain Terra Neroli). This compact fits neatly in the palm of my hand, but it still contains a good bit of product - 16 grams. And to be clear, it should at this price point.

I've seen all sorts of blog and YouTube reviews on this product. My favorite one was a YouTube review instructing people to stop treating this as a bronzer (and being disappointed) because it is meant to give you an all over healthy glow. WHAT. EVER. omg.

As with just about every other color product on the planet, a big part of what this product does will be dictated by your particular skintone (and often, skintype). This product is a light golden beige. On my pasty pale NW15ish face, it absolutely is a bronzer. On someone with a medium skintone, I could definitely see this being an all over glow product. And on someone with a deep skintone, I suspect it would mostly be a waste of money, but could possibly be used as a highlighter, at least the center gold section.

I need a gold highlighter like I need a hole in the head, so I don't ever use the very center part. I just don't. I use the outer ring and here is a swatch of it on my skin

I think it is absolutely gorgeous. It is very finely milled. On the skin is has a beautiful sheen without any obvious shimmer or glitter. It applies like a breeze, wears a solid 10 hours on my dry skin without a problem. It doesn't emphasize pores (and trust me, I have some serious pores).

The design pressed into the powder itself is gorgeous and shockingly resilient. I've been using this thing for literally months and the design is still visible.

The compact is made of wood and has three magnetic closures. The two halves of the compact come completely apart. I'm fairly indifferent to this packaging. It's okay. I don't love it and I don't hate it. I think it's fine. The Terra Neroli bronzer comes in plastic packaging which I am much less excited about.

The Guerlain Terra Ora Sculpting Powder and Contrast Highlighter for Summer 2013 contains 16 grams of product and retails for a whopping $72.