Nailene Fuse Gelnamel

2.6

I bought the kit wanting to do gel nails at home. The polish is terrible. It goes on streaky and uneven. It looked like a child did my nails. The only thing nice is having the led light.

on 2/28/2015 12:10:00 PM

I applied this according to the directions, and it had chipped within a few hours. Not worth the time or money!

on 1/20/2015 8:45:00 AM

I bought this for a party and was VERY disappointed in the product. Firstly, the color doesn't cover well - even if you get it on in an even coat, which is difficult, it is still streaky and uneven.

I bought Watts your Color, which is a bright red. I applied it according to the directions, used the LED lamp that came with, yet the polish had chipped off the tips of my nails within two HOURS of application. Tried it again the following day, starting over, removing the old coat and applying new, using 2 coats, same thing happened.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I really like the Fuse polishes! I have three different shades. I don't have the Fuse lamp, as I just use my regular Sensationail LED lamp. I also use a primer, base and top coat as well as two-three coats of polish (and cure between each step!). I wish I had started with gel polish YEARS ago when I'd first heard of it. I used to paint my nails 2-3 times a week! Now I only have to do them once! I hope more Fuse colours become available in my area!

on 11/21/2014 10:58:00 AM

I really like this product! I got the kit with the "Gone Fission" pink glitter color, and bought the "V-AMP" color seperate at the same time. I think the Fuse kit is a great way to dabble with at-home gel. I probably am not into nailcare to get a pricier kit than this one (but if you were on the fence, I think it wouldn't be hard to offer the kit to a friend or younger relative who is interested in aesthetics). My mani lasted longer than a week, but I found out the hard way to not scrape it off manually- wrecked my natural nails (this is my fault, I didn't follow instructions). I like that it's an all-in-one formula, I don't have the attention span or time to spend a lot of time on my nails (primer, color-multiple coats- then top coat). The cycle on the lamp is quick.

I would say for the price of this kit at Wal-Mart or your local drug store, it's worth a try, especially if you are interested but leary of the high price of other at-home kits.

on 11/10/2014 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this product! I am big on doing my own manicures and I'm really good at them. I've tried every gel nail polish on the market and most of them I don't like including this one. I first applied it using the red carpet base and top coat because I didn't read the instructions. They were on all of one day later on while at a party one just simple peeled off. When I got home I decided to give it another try but this time following the instructions. Unfortunately when I got up the next morning one finger had again just peeled off... I'm very disappointed in this product, like I said I really wanted to like it.

I got the whole starter kit at Walmart for 20 bucks! Compared to some of the other "drugstore" at home gel manicure sets, this was super cheap. The other ones were around 60 bucks! I got the Sonic blue-m colour. The lamp was super easy to use, but it did need around 3 coats to be perfectly opaque. I've heard the bright pink colour is a lot more opaque and only needs 1 coat though. It was dull at first, after final cleansing but after going to bed and waking up, it got a lot shinier. Still not perfect salon quality shiny, but for the price, pretty darn good. It lasted for a good 5 days before I got any chips, and 7 days before I got a huge chip. I will be going back to get more colours, since this blue colour isn't too flattering on olive skin tones. The individual polishes at my Walmart are around 8 bucks, so what do I have to lose, right?

All in all, it's super cheap, pretty cool and fun to use, and gives a lot neater of a finish than normal polish since you can't accidentally smudge it while you wait for it to dry.

on 7/9/2014 2:21:00 PM

I have been agonizing over this one for a long while. I found it a CVS for $16.99 plus additional coupons, I got it for about $12 (can't beat that!). First off, the packaging is cute and compact. I didn't think I'd like one nail at a time, but it turned out being a lot less fussy than the regular Sensationail kit. I did have to apply two (SUPER thin coats) of Sonic Blue-m, but only needed one thin coat of Na No Way (Bright Pink). Seems to be sticking so far.

I did put a regular base coat on before the color so I can eventually remove them.

on 5/28/2014 10:02:00 AM

I so wanted to like this polish. It sounded SO easy & long lasting. Easy, yes, long lasting, it depends. If you apply it as is, no bottom coat, mine literally FELL off in one piece the first day of application. If you use the primer meant to be used with the regular Sensationail, it will stay on, but is almost impossible to remove. Overall, very disappointing.

on 4/25/2014 4:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love the Sensationail polishes, but I was excited to try the Fuse gelnamel to see if it lived up to the claim of one coat, one step. It did not. I first bought the bottle that had a glittery bright purple color (lightning jolt, I think), but when I tried it there was no purple. Only glitter. So I took that back to CVS (love CVS) and tried the elec-tric or treat--the orange red color. This color was true to the bottle, but I'm sorry to say I took the elec-tric or treat back, too.

I loved the color, but I was not happy with how dull it was when I finished, and I did have to apply 2 coats to get the opacity I wanted. I will add, however, that I used my regular Sensationail LED light to cure the Fuse polish, and I just cured it longer as the website had instructed. To be honest, the website does not recommend doing this, but I didn't want to have to buy and store a whole additional kit when I already had the LED light.

I love gel nail color because it lasts for a long time without chipping and because it looks shiny the whole time I wear it. I do NOT love the process of getting it off, and the trade off of the hassle of removal for this mediocre Fuse gelnamel results is definitely not there for me. I will definitely not repurchase this product, even though I really did want to like it.

Top Rated Nailene Products