July 24, 2014 | 2160 users online

Nails - Nailene - Fuse Gelnamel

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2014 2:21:00 PM More reviews by Stellam

I have been agonizing over this one for a long while. I found it a CVS for $16.99 plus additional coupons, I got it for about $12 (can't beat that!). First off, the packaging is cute and compact. I didn't think I'd like one nail at a time, but it turned out being a lot less fussy than the regular Sensationail kit. I did have to apply two (SUPER thin coats) of Sonic Blue-m, but only needed one thin coat of Na No Way (Bright Pink). Seems to be sticking so far.

I did put a regular base coat on before the color so I can eventually remove them.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2014 10:02:00 AM More reviews by lisa7788

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I so wanted to like this polish. It sounded SO easy & long lasting. Easy, yes, long lasting, it depends. If you apply it as is, no bottom coat, mine literally FELL off in one piece the first day of application. If you use the primer meant to be used with the regular Sensationail, it will stay on, but is almost impossible to remove. Overall, very disappointing.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2014 4:19:00 AM More reviews by KellyKen

I love the Sensationail polishes, but I was excited to try the Fuse gelnamel to see if it lived up to the claim of one coat, one step. It did not. I first bought the bottle that had a glittery bright purple color (lightning jolt, I think), but when I tried it there was no purple. Only glitter. So I took that back to CVS (love CVS) and tried the elec-tric or treat--the orange red color. This color was true to the bottle, but I'm sorry to say I took the elec-tric or treat back, too.

I loved the color, but I was not happy with how dull it was when I finished, and I did have to apply 2 coats to get the opacity I wanted. I will add, however, that I used my regular Sensationail LED light to cure the Fuse polish, and I just cured it longer as the website had instructed. To be honest, the website does not recommend doing this, but I didn't want to have to buy and store a whole additional kit when I already had the LED light.

I love gel nail color because it lasts for a long time without chipping and because it looks shiny the whole time I wear it. I do NOT love the process of getting it off, and the trade off of the hassle of removal for this mediocre Fuse gelnamel results is definitely not there for me. I will definitely not repurchase this product, even though I really did want to like it.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2014 6:37:00 PM More reviews by aeriekah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was so excited because they "Fuse"d all the steps in one as opposed to applying a base+2xcolor+top coat and led'ing each layer.

I was diappointed. The formula is thick unlike the other sensationail polishes or any polish for that matter. It took three coat to get my green-blue polish ("intes-so-fly") opaque and even then I still see some streaking. Because of the thichness and the streaking, the polish doesnt settle and so when it gets cured the streaking remains and also results in a not so smooth surface. As far as performance I havent tested worn them long enough to give you my opinion.

Ill just stick with the original Sensationail polishes.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 3:32:00 AM More reviews by hdugg8

I bought this product and tried the glittery polish that came with the starter kit. I found the colour disappointing but for me I have a really bad habit of picking off my nail polish when I'm bored so this is a great product for me personally to overcome the habit. I have very thin and fragile nails which break easily and this product is thick enough to make a nice finish but not too thick to that it looks clumpy as the instructions say apply a thin coat. I am going back to Kmart to buy more colours because they have a nice range that will look great on shorter nails like mine. I like the idea of only doing one nail at a time because it makes sure that you take your time with each nail, I watched a movie while applying and I didn't feel that it took too long plus the nail gel sets under the light so you don't have to wait for it to dry. I find the kit very convenient and I will definitely purchase some more colours and if you want to know what the colours look like on the nails just visit their website. Obviously because it's a very new product that's getting more noticed it only has a few colours to pick from but they will bring out more colours very quickly because of all the popular demand. Overall I really liked the product and I will be using these gel polishes over my normal polishes.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2014 11:23:00 AM More reviews by Heyheytaytay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Let down! I know that most people are disappointed over the colours and how the bottle is not the same as the formula inside... I'm used to this from trying out different brands over the year but the let down for me is the formula!!!!!!! I put this on and soaked it right off only to apply island oasis SENSATIONAIL who is owned by the same people who make fuse.... The difference is crazy different! Fuse is glumpy yet the colour pay off is shit! The brush is awarkward! Spend the extra 5 bucks and go for the sensationail range!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2014 10:45:00 PM More reviews by andrea127wv2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I used this product on myself and my daughter. It definitely disappointed me. It was a great price, I love the "look" of the item and love that it's easy to convert for use on toes....but once it was all done and over with, it didn't look any different than my regular nail polish. Also, I could only find the compact one, it's sized to dry one nail at a time. I thought I would like that feature, but in the end, I didnt. I will not buy this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2014 9:38:00 AM More reviews by MermaidInOhio

I only put this on last night so I can't comment on the staying power just yet but I will update. I have been doing the gelish system for a few years now and this was soooo much faster. one step. Easy convenient. nice color payoff although I did two coats. one was surprisingly nice though. I purchased the bright pink color. it is pretty, but not exactly like the color of the bottle. I'm okay with this because I did read some reviews and did expect it to be a little off. so far so good. :-) it would be great if we had a bigger color selection but I'm sure that will come with time. I am pleased with this product and will update after a few days or so.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2013 1:23:00 PM More reviews by atbmeg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this gel polish when I went to Walmart. It is so easy to use and at a great price of 24.99, you cannot beat it with a stick. The only problem is that the color really did not match the bottle. The bottle is light proof, but they really could have done a better job at matching that up. I love my regular sensationails, but this tops the cake with butter creme frosting. The polish was 8 dollars and I cannot wait to get more colors. I am African American, and no matter what polish I use, it it starts to crack and peel within a couple of hours. I love gel nails and am so happy that they make it easy for you to do