November 29, 2014 | 1522 users online

Nails - Nailene - Fuse Gelnamel

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2014 10:58:00 AM More reviews by jgoreham

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this product! I got the kit with the "Gone Fission" pink glitter color, and bought the "V-AMP" color seperate at the same time. I think the Fuse kit is a great way to dabble with at-home gel. I probably am not into nailcare to get a pricier kit than this one (but if you were on the fence, I think it wouldn't be hard to offer the kit to a friend or younger relative who is interested in aesthetics). My mani lasted longer than a week, but I found out the hard way to not scrape it off manually- wrecked my natural nails (this is my fault, I didn't follow instructions). I like that it's an all-in-one formula, I don't have the attention span or time to spend a lot of time on my nails (primer, color-multiple coats- then top coat). The cycle on the lamp is quick.

I would say for the price of this kit at Wal-Mart or your local drug store, it's worth a try, especially if you are interested but leary of the high price of other at-home kits.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/10/2014 11:26:00 PM More reviews by Bettybright90

I really wanted to like this product! I am big on doing my own manicures and I'm really good at them. I've tried every gel nail polish on the market and most of them I don't like including this one. I first applied it using the red carpet base and top coat because I didn't read the instructions. They were on all of one day later on while at a party one just simple peeled off. When I got home I decided to give it another try but this time following the instructions. Unfortunately when I got up the next morning one finger had again just peeled off... I'm very disappointed in this product, like I said I really wanted to like it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2014 4:50:00 PM More reviews by sparkleyunicorn

I got the whole starter kit at Walmart for 20 bucks! Compared to some of the other "drugstore" at home gel manicure sets, this was super cheap. The other ones were around 60 bucks! I got the Sonic blue-m colour. The lamp was super easy to use, but it did need around 3 coats to be perfectly opaque. I've heard the bright pink colour is a lot more opaque and only needs 1 coat though. It was dull at first, after final cleansing but after going to bed and waking up, it got a lot shinier. Still not perfect salon quality shiny, but for the price, pretty darn good. It lasted for a good 5 days before I got any chips, and 7 days before I got a huge chip. I will be going back to get more colours, since this blue colour isn't too flattering on olive skin tones. The individual polishes at my Walmart are around 8 bucks, so what do I have to lose, right?

All in all, it's super cheap, pretty cool and fun to use, and gives a lot neater of a finish than normal polish since you can't accidentally smudge it while you wait for it to dry.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2014 2:21:00 PM More reviews by Stellam

I have been agonizing over this one for a long while. I found it a CVS for $16.99 plus additional coupons, I got it for about $12 (can't beat that!). First off, the packaging is cute and compact. I didn't think I'd like one nail at a time, but it turned out being a lot less fussy than the regular Sensationail kit. I did have to apply two (SUPER thin coats) of Sonic Blue-m, but only needed one thin coat of Na No Way (Bright Pink). Seems to be sticking so far.

I did put a regular base coat on before the color so I can eventually remove them.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2014 10:02:00 AM More reviews by lisa7788

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I so wanted to like this polish. It sounded SO easy & long lasting. Easy, yes, long lasting, it depends. If you apply it as is, no bottom coat, mine literally FELL off in one piece the first day of application. If you use the primer meant to be used with the regular Sensationail, it will stay on, but is almost impossible to remove. Overall, very disappointing.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2014 4:19:00 AM More reviews by KellyKen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the Sensationail polishes, but I was excited to try the Fuse gelnamel to see if it lived up to the claim of one coat, one step. It did not. I first bought the bottle that had a glittery bright purple color (lightning jolt, I think), but when I tried it there was no purple. Only glitter. So I took that back to CVS (love CVS) and tried the elec-tric or treat--the orange red color. This color was true to the bottle, but I'm sorry to say I took the elec-tric or treat back, too.

I loved the color, but I was not happy with how dull it was when I finished, and I did have to apply 2 coats to get the opacity I wanted. I will add, however, that I used my regular Sensationail LED light to cure the Fuse polish, and I just cured it longer as the website had instructed. To be honest, the website does not recommend doing this, but I didn't want to have to buy and store a whole additional kit when I already had the LED light.

I love gel nail color because it lasts for a long time without chipping and because it looks shiny the whole time I wear it. I do NOT love the process of getting it off, and the trade off of the hassle of removal for this mediocre Fuse gelnamel results is definitely not there for me. I will definitely not repurchase this product, even though I really did want to like it.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2014 6:37:00 PM More reviews by aeriekah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was so excited because they "Fuse"d all the steps in one as opposed to applying a base+2xcolor+top coat and led'ing each layer.

I was diappointed. The formula is thick unlike the other sensationail polishes or any polish for that matter. It took three coat to get my green-blue polish ("intes-so-fly") opaque and even then I still see some streaking. Because of the thichness and the streaking, the polish doesnt settle and so when it gets cured the streaking remains and also results in a not so smooth surface. As far as performance I havent tested worn them long enough to give you my opinion.

Ill just stick with the original Sensationail polishes.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 3:32:00 AM More reviews by hdugg8

I bought this product and tried the glittery polish that came with the starter kit. I found the colour disappointing but for me I have a really bad habit of picking off my nail polish when I'm bored so this is a great product for me personally to overcome the habit. I have very thin and fragile nails which break easily and this product is thick enough to make a nice finish but not too thick to that it looks clumpy as the instructions say apply a thin coat. I am going back to Kmart to buy more colours because they have a nice range that will look great on shorter nails like mine. I like the idea of only doing one nail at a time because it makes sure that you take your time with each nail, I watched a movie while applying and I didn't feel that it took too long plus the nail gel sets under the light so you don't have to wait for it to dry. I find the kit very convenient and I will definitely purchase some more colours and if you want to know what the colours look like on the nails just visit their website. Obviously because it's a very new product that's getting more noticed it only has a few colours to pick from but they will bring out more colours very quickly because of all the popular demand. Overall I really liked the product and I will be using these gel polishes over my normal polishes.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2014 11:23:00 AM More reviews by Heyheytaytay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Let down! I know that most people are disappointed over the colours and how the bottle is not the same as the formula inside... I'm used to this from trying out different brands over the year but the let down for me is the formula!!!!!!! I put this on and soaked it right off only to apply island oasis SENSATIONAIL who is owned by the same people who make fuse.... The difference is crazy different! Fuse is glumpy yet the colour pay off is shit! The brush is awarkward! Spend the extra 5 bucks and go for the sensationail range!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2014 10:45:00 PM More reviews by andrea127wv2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I used this product on myself and my daughter. It definitely disappointed me. It was a great price, I love the "look" of the item and love that it's easy to convert for use on toes....but once it was all done and over with, it didn't look any different than my regular nail polish. Also, I could only find the compact one, it's sized to dry one nail at a time. I thought I would like that feature, but in the end, I didnt. I will not buy this product again.