July 25, 2014 | 1854 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Conair - Conair True Glow Cleaning Skin Beauty Treatment

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2014 7:14:00 AM More reviews by Catholicemom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I wanted to use purchase the clarasonic but the price is too high. I picked this up at Meijer's for $49.99. I do not know the difference between the two but I really like how this cleans my skin. I have tried the low setting for 1 week to get my skin use to deep cleaning. I noticed most improvement in my cheeks as they are smooth and blemish free. On my T-zone area - I will start using the medium setting. I think this product is a great alternative to the clarasonic on sale. So far I love the Conair and as a starter to face brushes this is a good investment.

I saw the original price is $99 and I would probably not purchase it at this price since you can look for sales on the clarasonic and spend about $25.00 more. Also with additional store coupons, you can find creative ways to discount the clarasonic purchase.

I have not found any of the replacement brushes in the stores. I don't like ordering online unless here is free shipping and for 14.99 it is doubtful there is free shipping.

I would recommend this product on sale as I think it is compare to the clarasonic. I tried a demo a Sephora and I did not notice a difference to the brush and speeds. I also love that this has 3 speeds and you do not have to pay extra.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2014 11:58:00 PM More reviews by armaclin041584

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

My skin care journey is never ending and during the fall of 2013 I decided to jump on the "facial cleansing devices" bandwagon. I wanted a Clarisonic Plus, but there was no way I was dishing out $225 for tool and did not even feel comfortable putting it on my Christmas wish list...so I stayed frugal and purchased the Olay Professional ProX Advanced Cleansing System from Amazon for $25. I fell in love with how well it took the deep rooted make-up off my face (this is even after I would use my favorite Ponds Luminous Cleaning Towlettes until they wiped cleaned...or so I thought). What I also loved about the Olay ProX is that it instantly checked my oily skin, which meant, no acne bumps! And I am a 30 year old and have been dealing with acne since I was 13 years old. For the first time in my life, I have gone weeks without white and blackheads...even around my Aunt Flo days. And now I know this is because I was not effectively cleansing my face after wearing makeup all day. If your wearing makeup, your hands or a face towel will never clean out your pores like a facial cleansing device will.

Within a month of using the Olay ProX, I knew I had to upgrade to a Clarisonic, but could not bring myself to pay, what I feel, is so much money for a face tool. So I started researching on Ebay and came across the Conair True Glow Sonic Cleansing Brush...I felt like I had hit the jackpot (even though I was about to pay for the brush). I purchased my pink brush for $60 plus free shipping, brand new without seeing any reviews on the internet. I just knew this was the one due to the price and the fact that it came with a body brush also...Exactly what I have been wanting. I'm so happy Conair came out with a duplicated sonic version of the Clarisonic at a better price. I'm in love with it. The brushes that come with the Conair are so soft and deep clean so well, it has a rechargeable base, a timer and 3 different speed settings. The only complaint I have is that it is on the loud vibrating side, but no biggie, my face is so smooth and clear and that is all that matters to me.

By the way, I will still be using the Olay ProX, but only when I am traveling because it is smaller and is the cheaper of the two.

I also recently seen in advertisement in Bed Bath & Beyond for the Conair which is great because BB&B always will text, e-mail, or snail mail 20% off coupons which can be used when purchasing the device (retail price is $99 I believe).

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2013 12:46:00 PM More reviews by Apauls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this at target after noticing the price and hearing the good reviews on the clarisonic. I saw it was similar and decided to pry open my wallet. Best. Decision. Ever. I used it the first night with cetaphil and went to bed. The next morning, some of my blackheads had already disappeared! I initially used the normal brush (white bottom) on the highest setting. It was fine everywhere except my cheeks. Even with the sensitive skin brush and the low setting, it's a bit much. They started to hurt a bit, so on the first go around, you may want to try it on low with the sensitive brush to see how your skin reacts.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by nomayopls

Alittle back story:
Bought this when I saw it on sale for 59 dollars, originally 99 dollars. I had used the Olay brushes in the past and I leaned more towards the brush that vibrates opposed to the spinning one (which sucked). I always wanted to try the Clarsonic but couldn't justify shelling out all that dough! Then I saw this little gem and it seemed closely similar to the Clarsonic!

The review:
Took some getting used to and had to play around a bit to figure out what worked for my skin. It was easy though and fun. I find using the medium speed and in the shower (less messy). After day two I immediately noticed a change in the brightness and texture of my skin ( nothing had ever given me such fast and beautiful results) my skin is so smooth looking! Also deep cleans well and your skin feels soft. Highly recommended!