E.L.F. Studio BB Cream SPF 20

3.8

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.5, Oxybenzone 4, Octisalate 5 Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Titanium Dioxide, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Sorbitan Olivate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Sodium Chloride, Quaternium-18 Bentonite, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dimethicone, Zinc Stearate, Talc, Vp/Hexadecene Copolymer, Bisabolol, Tocopheryl Acetate (Ve), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Mica, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance (Parfum) May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is an amazing BB cream. Its full coverage and wears very nice on my skin. Oil doesnt wear it off. And to make it a bit less dewy I use my ELF HD powder to mattify

on 7/21/2015 7:53:00 AM

This worked so good!! Its really my goto bb cream for a hot day outside or party indoors. It blended in very well, corrected my skin tone and blemishes and still looked bery natural. And it smells nice! This is very underrated, deserves more attention
thank you elf! Def will be purchasing again

on 6/15/2015 8:05:00 PM

I wanted to try this after reading some good reviews here on MUA.The coverage was pretty decent, and went on smoothly but didn't like it alone so I put my mineral foundation over it.I really liked it this way,but I still am going to try others that I've heard good things about. I loved the package and plan on using for another product when this is empty. Really just the plump tube is worth $6.
Update: The more I used this I found it is just to greasy feeling. I'll try this again in the winter and see how it does.I'd buy again if it works on my winter skin which is a bit drier.

on 5/26/2015 3:27:00 PM

Was looking for something "light" to wear during the disgustingly humid Florida summers. I do nothing but sweat off my foundation- there's no use in wasting it.

I have tried samples off BB cream in the past- and they did nothing for me, so I decided to give it another whirl.

Did a lot of research to see what I should invest in..it was a toss up between ELF, Aveeno, and Garnier..being that I'm a cheapskate and wasn't sure how it would all work out- I opted for what cost the least.

And I have to say.. I'm pleasantly surprised. I did use primer and moisturizer underneath but this gave me excellent light coverage. Did a light dusting of my Rimmel Stay Matte powder and I was in business.

I've had it on for about eight hours now and I just now had to use an oil blot sheet and it still looks pretty decent. Will definitely purchase again- for what I need it for (light coverage for days I don't want to go "all out"), it works!

This is one of my HG products. It never settles in my lines and even though it is a sheerer coverage, it is enough to even out my skin tone. It is easy to build on if you needed more coverage. It dries to a semi-matte finish but never flakes or looks chalky. It spreads easily on the skin and I use a beauty blender to give it a flawless finish. It has never made my skin break out. I love this stuff!

on 4/13/2015 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is review 83923 out of 9 million foundation reviews, give or take. Or it seems like that, anyway. I'm pretty sure I got this in an ELF haul versus actually buying it for its own sake.

So my package arrived and they sent me "Fair", which is jolly nice of them because it happens to be the shade I need. Bonus!

Packaging is the usual ELF packaging (black, and particularly prone to attracting a legion of fingerprints which is fine if that's what you want, but if you're anything even approaching OCD will send you into paroxysms of complete chaos). It doesn't smell like anything, so that's all good.

Coverage? I'm suspicious because it covers very well - use a bit of colour correcting whatchamacallit and dust with a powder and you're good to go. There's obviously some sort of sorcery involved, but I shan't complain because it has very decent staying power, and better-than-decent coverage.

I like this one. It doesn't flake or crease (though I do use a boatload of oils and things before I start out on these endeavors). Didn't turn orange, so ultimately it's a keeper for me.

As is the problem with many ELF products though, the shade selection is very, very limiting if you're a dark skinned lady.

on 4/10/2015 1:17:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

i've recently tried out a few of elf's newer products and while I do think the packaging is improving leaps and bounds (their new primers are so cute! albeit terrible quality lolz), the products themselves are still very hit or miss.

I was optimistic about this stuff. I heard it came in lighter shades than most of elf's other concealers/foundations, and because elf does carry ONE product that ALMOST matches me (zit zapping concealer in 'fair' - slightly too yellow but i can work with it), I figured hey, maybe this stuff won't be so bad. I do this all the time. i'm constantly trying and retrying face products from elf, hoping that they've been reformulated or I applied them incorrectly the last time I used them or that my skin color will have changed enough that it doesn't look like I'm rubbing orange paint all over my face. and i'm always disappointed.

this stuff wasn't the worst match ever but since it's not supposed to be a full coverage product, some of your natural skin tone will poke through and make you look a little off if it doesn't match exactly. i looked weirdly orange-pink with this stuff on. not to mention, this bb cream feels ridiculously heavy on the skin - I currently use MUFE's mat velvet foundation which is p full coverage, and that stuff doesn't feel nearly as heavy as this bb cream does. and because of the thickness of the product it's also super difficult to blend.

i really wanted to love this stuff and I do like the dispenser, but ultimately i returned it :(

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

After my skin decided to rebel against liquid foundations, I decided to try and go back to basics. Not wanting to try (or pay the $33 price tag) for Clinique's CC cream, I spotted this little tube whilst browsing the isles of my local Target (as you do).

At first, I was extremely skeptical of this BB cream. Both for the low price tag and for the fact that on a Youtube review of ELF's liquid foundation (hey LaurenRoss!), it was rated as a full coverage foundation. That is NOT what I want. The pump style and the fact that the shade range goes all the way up to 'Dark' is what swayed me. That in and of itself is impressive. You just don't see drugstore BB creams that have that kind of shade range. And if you're a woman of color looking for an inexpensive BB cream? Girl please.

I picked up the shade 'Medium'. At Target this is $6 for 1.06 oz. Not bad for what you get. And since it's BB cream, you don't need to use a lot of it. At least, I don't.

When I got home I swatched the cream on my inner arm and at first rub I was startled, because this cream did not match the color of my skin. At all. It was too pasty, too light, AND too thick. I decided to leave it alone for a little bit, and left to do other things around my house.

After about ten minutes, I checked the swatch on my arm. I could barely find it. It took bright full sunlight to discover the swatch, and I was quite startled at the accuracy of the match. Obviously it was not perfect, but the BB cream was a heck of a lot lighter than it had first gone on.

I used it on my face on a day when I was visiting my boyfriend, and the same thing happened. This time, I used a hydrating primer underneath the BB cream itself and that really helped my dry T-Zone and cheeks. The match was still shockingly accurate, contrary to my scary face immediately after the initial application. I don't know if the color 'blends' to your skin after you apply it or what, but I was pleased with the results. I also love that it has SPF.

I set the cream with L'Oreal True Match powder and went about my day. I don't remember how many hours of wear I got out of this, but it did hold up well.

The only bad thing about this cream is that it's pretty drying by itself, and the application goes on extremely thick, so if you use too much....it won't be pretty. For what it is and the extremely low price point, it's not bad at all.

4-22-15---EDIT---
I went back to using Clinique CC cream. This is still way too light for my skin, and it's also too thick. After using it for a few days it started to break me out.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I am 24 and ever since I was a teenager I have had EXTREMELY Oily skin. I find it impossible to find a foundation that doesnt slide off my face and into the smile creases around my mouth. I have tried many BB creams from the drugstore as well as several versions of Skin79 BB creams, although I enjoy the concept of BB creams, I have never found one that gave me enough coverage to cover up my hyperpigmentation and acne scars and also didn't make me look like a complete oil slick.

I really enjoyed the ELF bb cream and thought it gave me decent coverage for a natural look. I used a damp Beauty Blender to apply it to my face and set it with powder to help give it more a matte finish and to help absorb the oil on my face. I would not say the coverage stays all day, but it feels comfortable and light on my skin for up to 5 hours and didn't settle into my smile lines. I love the squeeze tube and have plans to refill it with moisturizer or another foundation for easy travel when I have used the BB cream up. Overall, I think it would be a great quick and easy summer essential to throw in your beach bag.

on 4/3/2015 9:27:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

For the price it is good quality, as many other BB creams (even drugstore) are at least 10$, it's a bit sticky feeling but doesn't make me look incredibly oily which I've experienced with other BB creams, I bought the shade buff and it was lighter than it appears so keep this in mind, also smells very strongly of sunblock, medium coverage, packaging is great because with the pump you can really regulate how much you're using.