E.L.F. Studio BB Cream SPF 20

3.7

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.5, Oxybenzone 4, Octisalate 5 Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Titanium Dioxide, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Sorbitan Olivate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Sodium Chloride, Quaternium-18 Bentonite, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dimethicone, Zinc Stearate, Talc, Vp/Hexadecene Copolymer, Bisabolol, Tocopheryl Acetate (Ve), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Mica, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance (Parfum) May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 8/30/2015 11:01:00 PM

I really like this stuff, but after reading its review on Beautypedia, I'm not sure I'll repurchase it once I've used it up.
The good: it's cheap. The coverage is great. It also does an amazing job of not settling into fine lines; I'm beginning to develop a line on my forehead, and this is the only product of my foundations and bb creams that manages not to make it more apparent. Some people probably won't like that it has a very greasy texture. I kind of like the dewy effect, and the oiliness subsides a bit after applying, but I have tended to at least powder my forehead to combat the shine.
That said, it has an extremely strong scent, and while I haven't read a whole lot about the ingredient Beautypedia gives this bb cream a negative rating for including, I'm inclined to trust their wisdom. Such a bummer, because otherwise I would most likely repurchase this.

on 8/29/2015 9:12:00 PM

I bought this at Target for $6 or so on a whim. What a waste of money! It smells awful like chemicals, does not mix back together when shaken after the ingredients separate, and is greasy on the skin. And the pump broke after one use. Nope! The final straw that broke the camels back, so to say, was that it oxidized and turned me orange.
Back to Target it went...

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this bb cream because it was cheap and it had spf in it. at first, I didn't mind this bb cream. is makes you look luminous, but the coverage is very poor. it did little for my complexion, but for some reason I continued to wear this. until I was at an outdoor concert and it was hot and I was jumping around, then I felt a burning sensation in my eyes. my BB cream slid down into my eyes! I was rubbing my eyes and they were watering continuously. I did not have any water so I couldn't wash out my eyes, but after about 5 minutes of makeup ruining fun, the burning finally stopped and I was left with smears of mascara around my eyes. thank you elf.

on 8/13/2015 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I would like to start this review off by saying I do not have extremely oily or dry skin, it is
almost normal, except I have a few dry / oily trouble spots. Results may vary for people.

First of all, the packaging; 5/5
- It comes out in a pump, I love it and it really helps !!
- Design isn't bad at all & you can see the shade well.

Then, the brand; 5/5
- e.l.f does not test on animals which is a definite plus
- and I love many of e.l.f's products including this one.

And most importantly, the fomula; 4/5
- It can tend to clump in your dry areas but only really
- bad dry patches (I had one after getting sunburned)
- I can really see that it mattify my face, which I loved
- and it has light/medium coverage and it's not cakey!

Overall; 5/5 ❤ I will repurchase and I do recommend!
If this was helpful, give it a thumbs up !! To wrap it up,
this bb cream gets its job done, and I think this would
be great for an everyday bb cream. Love it. Also, they
have a good variety of shades and I found my perfect
color. It has like medium coverage & if it's not enough
you can layer it without looking cakey. Another win for
e.l.f on this one! xox, @beauty.alleys on instagram❤

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is an amazing BB cream. Its full coverage and wears very nice on my skin. Oil doesnt wear it off. And to make it a bit less dewy I use my ELF HD powder to mattify

on 7/21/2015 7:53:00 AM

This worked so good!! Its really my goto bb cream for a hot day outside or party indoors. It blended in very well, corrected my skin tone and blemishes and still looked bery natural. And it smells nice! This is very underrated, deserves more attention
thank you elf! Def will be purchasing again

on 6/15/2015 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I wanted to try this after reading some good reviews here on MUA.The coverage was pretty decent, and went on smoothly but didn't like it alone so I put my mineral foundation over it.I really liked it this way,but I still am going to try others that I've heard good things about. I loved the package and plan on using for another product when this is empty. Really just the plump tube is worth $6.
Update: The more I used this I found it is just to greasy feeling. I'll try this again in the winter and see how it does.I'd buy again if it works on my winter skin which is a bit drier.

on 5/26/2015 3:27:00 PM

Was looking for something "light" to wear during the disgustingly humid Florida summers. I do nothing but sweat off my foundation- there's no use in wasting it.

I have tried samples off BB cream in the past- and they did nothing for me, so I decided to give it another whirl.

Did a lot of research to see what I should invest in..it was a toss up between ELF, Aveeno, and Garnier..being that I'm a cheapskate and wasn't sure how it would all work out- I opted for what cost the least.

And I have to say.. I'm pleasantly surprised. I did use primer and moisturizer underneath but this gave me excellent light coverage. Did a light dusting of my Rimmel Stay Matte powder and I was in business.

I've had it on for about eight hours now and I just now had to use an oil blot sheet and it still looks pretty decent. Will definitely purchase again- for what I need it for (light coverage for days I don't want to go "all out"), it works!

This is one of my HG products. It never settles in my lines and even though it is a sheerer coverage, it is enough to even out my skin tone. It is easy to build on if you needed more coverage. It dries to a semi-matte finish but never flakes or looks chalky. It spreads easily on the skin and I use a beauty blender to give it a flawless finish. It has never made my skin break out. I love this stuff!

on 4/13/2015 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is review 83923 out of 9 million foundation reviews, give or take. Or it seems like that, anyway. I'm pretty sure I got this in an ELF haul versus actually buying it for its own sake.

So my package arrived and they sent me "Fair", which is jolly nice of them because it happens to be the shade I need. Bonus!

Packaging is the usual ELF packaging (black, and particularly prone to attracting a legion of fingerprints which is fine if that's what you want, but if you're anything even approaching OCD will send you into paroxysms of complete chaos). It doesn't smell like anything, so that's all good.

Coverage? I'm suspicious because it covers very well - use a bit of colour correcting whatchamacallit and dust with a powder and you're good to go. There's obviously some sort of sorcery involved, but I shan't complain because it has very decent staying power, and better-than-decent coverage.

I like this one. It doesn't flake or crease (though I do use a boatload of oils and things before I start out on these endeavors). Didn't turn orange, so ultimately it's a keeper for me.

As is the problem with many ELF products though, the shade selection is very, very limiting if you're a dark skinned lady.