September 17, 2014 | 2014 users online

Eye Shadow - Coastal Scents - Revealed Palette

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2014 9:25:00 PM More reviews by trixie_trade

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall like the palette, it's a great budget option. There are a lot more colours than the Naked palette but after a while I realized that I don't really need that many and several of them are very similar. There is a considerable amount of fallout when using these eyeshadows with a fluffy brush. I actually found using my finger to apply helped reduce some of the fallout...and then you can blend out after with a brush. The colours do blend quite nicely. My favourite thing about this palette is the packaging. Sturdy enough and great for travel!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2014 10:10:00 AM More reviews by wendyvl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this palette! Creamy beautiful colors! Going to get the R2 for sure!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2014 8:14:00 AM More reviews by cleogirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I gave this an overall 3 out of 5, here's why:
Packaging -When I got this, I was pleasantly surprised with how thin the palette is. I really love the sleekness of the palette, how easy it is to store , the ease of opening it and how great it would be to travel with. The major complaint I've heard regarding the packaging is that it does not have a mirror which does not bother me in the least because I never use the mirrors in my large eyeshadow palettes.
Shadows - Yes there are many dupes for the N1 and N2 ( I have all 3 Nakeds). Some of the shades in this palette I actually prefer as they are a touch warmer, and are buttery and smooth, especially the satin / shimmer ones. The matte, although I would have loved one or two more, are good quality and blend really well. I also like that there is a combination of warm and cool.
I love the idea of having every neutral shade you could possibly need in one convenient palette but for palette addicts like myself, that concept is nothing but a dream because you are always searching for the next best thing, which leads to my next point:
What I dislike- After using this for a few days, what I have found to be lacking in this palette is DEPTH and INTENSITY RANGE meaning there are too many similar shades with similar tones and not enough of a contrast between light, medium and dark shades. I also find that the few darker shades are lacking in richness if that makes sense. The shades are very suitable for the lid and crease, but there are not enough darker shades to add dimension to the outer V. I really wish they would have thrown in a very rich deep dark warm brown (matte) and or a dark burgundy and a more intense matte crease shade. I think part of the problem is that I prefer warm shades so the dark greys, cool purples and blacks in my palettes are usually untouched. The result with this palette, is that my eye makeup looks pretty much the same everyday I've worn this and lacks that extra something.
There is nothing overly special about any of the shades, I can pretty much find a dupe for every one of them - the whole point of the perfect palette is having everything you need right there in front of you without having to grab anything else. Case in point this morning when I was using this and couldn't help myself, I NEEDED MUG Cocoa Bear to deepen the crease. This is where the palette doesn't do it for me - If I have to reach for other shades, what's the point?
Overall though , I do think this is a good palette, is good value for what you're spending (it's dirt freeking cheap) and for someone who loves neutrals and is a no fuss kind of person who mainly wears a lid shade with a slightly deepened crease, this would be an awesome palette in lieu of spending tons more money to buy the N1+N2. The quality of these shadows is much, much better than most other similarly priced palettes and definitely better than some of the other Coastal Scents palettes (but not the same quality/ intensity as their Hot Pots which are excellent). . Wait for a sale though, DO NOT spend full price on this, be patient,it does go on sale regularly.
I've also purchased the Revealed 2 palette and have not tried it yet but just by looking at it, I think what is lacking in this palette will not be the same with the R2, review of that one to come!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2014 1:52:00 PM More reviews by kileylovescake

I found this palette after looking for a dupe for Naked 2 -- according to YouTube and such, this palette is much the same (in terms of shades) to Naked 1 & 2 because you get twenty shades!

I paid 20$ for it (with shipping) from the Coastal Scents website and I think it was totally worth it! Check online for any promo codes, or see if there is a sale!

The packaging is nice and thin and feels sturdy (cardboard, magnetized, no brush, no mirror).

I haven't used Naked apart from swatching it in the store, but I have to say that I didn't find it super remarkable or different from the coastal scents formulas! Some of the shades are better than others, as in most palettes, but I love that there is a good mix of matte and shimmer (and the shimmer is not out of control...it's classy, my friends). The colors are definitely cool-toned browns - Revealed 2 palette has the rosy, warm-toned colors!

Oh! And the black shade is truly black. I use it as liner everyday now because it's so easy to get good color payoff. Easily my favorite shadow of the bunch.

My biggest complaint is that the palette lacks highlighting shades. If you look in the picture, there are two (one nude matte, one shimmery pink-ish color). Unfortunately, the nude color just does NOT show up on me at all no matter how hard I try. Thus, I only have one possible highlight. You will maybe still need to have a couple of highlight colors in your collection, which is a bummer because I wanted an all-purpose, travel-friendly palette.

One more thing - It is kind of an overwhelming amount of shadows to have because they tend to look the same...a bunch of browns...I am trying to figure out which pairings I like, and keep some swatch cards nearby! You could also follow Naked tutorials online by figuring out the exact shadow dupes. Best of luck. Don't waste your hard earned cash on Naked (if you don't have to!)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2014 4:11:00 PM More reviews by LipstickWarrior

The Coastal Scents Revealed Palette was an awesome purchase. The pigmentation was great (Even for darker skin tones) and the price point was perfect considering it has 20 eyeshadows. In my opinion the shadows are very soft and blendable and also a good mix between matte and shimmer shades. It also has a good BLACK eyeshadow and you always need a good black! The only con was "NO MIRROR":( However, the sleek packaging and the travel size of it made me suck it up and love it anyway!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2014 12:56:00 PM More reviews by akPhilly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A great palette for a great price, wonderful quality! It's got dupes for tons of the shades for Urban Decay's Naked and Naked 2 palettes. The eyeshadows are velvety, blend well, highly pigmented, & very little to no fallout. It's got 20 shades in a nice, slim palette. It doesn't have a mirror, but for the price, you really can't ask for more. You can often times even get it on sale too! I like it so well I think I'll even get the Revealed 2 palette! Many of the colors are such dead on dupes for Urban Decay that you really can't tell the difference.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2014 12:54:00 PM More reviews by AngieGCarp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Would I repurchase...would I repurchase!? Oh good grief yes. Even if this pallet wasn't a dupe for Naked 1 and 2 I would love this! For the record, I don't own those pallets but I really don't feel like I need to. I went through with the help of Pintrest and YouTube and wrote down the dupes and taped it to my Revealed pallet and can follow right along with tutorials using the Naked 1 and 2 and create the same looks! Why pay more? A name? Not me. If a rose was called a lily I would still love the smell. My eye looks look just as good as the girls with the real pallets do...I could have whatever I wanted but it is foolish to pay more for the same thing...leaves me money for more stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2014 3:18:00 PM More reviews by Zen711

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this eye shadow palette! It's often been compared to Urban Decay's Naked 1&2 palettes, and with good reason. The majority of the palette, with the exception of two colors, are almost exact dupes of the colors from the Naked palettes.
I can't say how good these shadows work WITHOUT a primer, but with a primer they are surprisingly good! I usually apply my makeup around noon and go to bed around midnight or later, so I usually have the shadows on for a good 12 hours. Well, when it's time to wash them off, they're still just as pigmented as when I applied them.
These shadows have good color payoff and don't come off crumbly or sheer or anything like that. They apply nicely, but when you blend them out, they can be a little on the messy side, so be careful. Another thing: it can be kind of difficult to pat another color on top of one that's already there. Sometimes it seems that the second color just doesn't want to stick, and takes a bit more time to create the look than it would with a higher quality brand.
Overall, I think this palette is definitely a good value. I reach for it just as often as I do my Naked palettes and have created some beautiful looks with it. The quality doesn't exactly match Urban Decay's, of course, but I still love it. For those of you who are wanting to save a few bucks, I would definitely recommend this palette!

I did a compare/contrast video with the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette and the Revealed palette to show you all how similar the two look. Feel free to check it out and see if the Revealed palette is for you!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2014 10:14:00 AM More reviews by Sassybanjo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a fairly new palette that dupes the shades in the Urban Decay Naked Palette, plus eight more shades for a savings of $34.05 (not including shipping). I never purchased the Urban Decay Naked palettes ( the original, 2 or 3) and I'm so glad I didn't. (Well, I did purchase the first one, a year after it came out, but in 24 hours I took it back to Sephora since I couldn't stop feeling guilty for spending $4.50 each for such SMALL eye shadows. I like to spend money on makeup and I love eye shadows the most. It's not that I didn't have the money, but I didn't believe it was worth what I paid for it, packaging and all.

I was watching a beauty guru on YouTube, when I found out about this palette...well, actually I first heard about Revealed 2 palette. When I saw the swatches from many other reviews, that is all I needed to see before I headed off to the Coastal Scents website. I ordered both palettes and between both of them, I use them every day since they came in the mail. They go on sale from time to time so I will be picking them up at that time for backups.

Bottom-line, I received 40 eye shadows for $39.90 + shipping (which was fast). To purchase 36 shadows of Naked, I would have had to spend $162.00. I'm happy to say I'm no longer looking to find Naked palettes on sale.

EDIT: 6/23/14

Some of the reviewers who have the UD Naked Palettes are saying the Revealed palettes aren't as good of quality and they don't blend as well as Naked. I have a single UD shadow in Toasted so today I did a on-top-of-primer test. I blended Toasted and it's Revealed dupe. The result: the same. The shades are not EXACT dupes but I actually like the Revealed one better. After placing the shades on your eyes, the difference would be insignificant. They are THAT close.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2014 9:15:00 PM More reviews by 16chances

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I got this palette before my UD palettes because I wasn't willing to fork out close to RM188(~USD$57) for a palette. This was my first palette and I did not know about the pigmentation or lasting power or fallout of other eyeshadows. When I first got it, the packaging was really cute but I was kinda disappointed it was in a cardboard material(sturdy, however) but you get what you pay for. The cardboard material did not bother me at much, the swatches of the colours are absolutely beautiful but there was an amount of fallout and the colour payoff wasn't tremendous when transferred onto the eyelids but it was not horrible, so no worries about that. It is a good dupe for the Naked + Naked 2 palettes at a fraction of the price but do not expect it to be even half way near UD quality.
On it's own, it is definitely an affordable dupe for UD but the quality is not on par and I would give it 4 lippies.
If compared with UD, I would only give it 2 lippies.