August 1, 2014 | 1743 users online

Eye Shadow - Coastal Scents - Revealed Palette

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2014 12:56:00 PM More reviews by akPhilly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A great palette for a great price, wonderful quality! It's got dupes for tons of the shades for Urban Decay's Naked and Naked 2 palettes. The eyeshadows are velvety, blend well, highly pigmented, & very little to no fallout. It's got 20 shades in a nice, slim palette. It doesn't have a mirror, but for the price, you really can't ask for more. You can often times even get it on sale too! I like it so well I think I'll even get the Revealed 2 palette! Many of the colors are such dead on dupes for Urban Decay that you really can't tell the difference.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2014 12:54:00 PM More reviews by AngieGCarp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Would I repurchase...would I repurchase!? Oh good grief yes. Even if this pallet wasn't a dupe for Naked 1 and 2 I would love this! For the record, I don't own those pallets but I really don't feel like I need to. I went through with the help of Pintrest and YouTube and wrote down the dupes and taped it to my Revealed pallet and can follow right along with tutorials using the Naked 1 and 2 and create the same looks! Why pay more? A name? Not me. If a rose was called a lily I would still love the smell. My eye looks look just as good as the girls with the real pallets do...I could have whatever I wanted but it is foolish to pay more for the same thing...leaves me money for more stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2014 3:18:00 PM More reviews by Zen711

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this eye shadow palette! It's often been compared to Urban Decay's Naked 1&2 palettes, and with good reason. The majority of the palette, with the exception of two colors, are almost exact dupes of the colors from the Naked palettes.
I can't say how good these shadows work WITHOUT a primer, but with a primer they are surprisingly good! I usually apply my makeup around noon and go to bed around midnight or later, so I usually have the shadows on for a good 12 hours. Well, when it's time to wash them off, they're still just as pigmented as when I applied them.
These shadows have good color payoff and don't come off crumbly or sheer or anything like that. They apply nicely, but when you blend them out, they can be a little on the messy side, so be careful. Another thing: it can be kind of difficult to pat another color on top of one that's already there. Sometimes it seems that the second color just doesn't want to stick, and takes a bit more time to create the look than it would with a higher quality brand.
Overall, I think this palette is definitely a good value. I reach for it just as often as I do my Naked palettes and have created some beautiful looks with it. The quality doesn't exactly match Urban Decay's, of course, but I still love it. For those of you who are wanting to save a few bucks, I would definitely recommend this palette!

I did a compare/contrast video with the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette and the Revealed palette to show you all how similar the two look. Feel free to check it out and see if the Revealed palette is for you!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2014 10:14:00 AM More reviews by Sassybanjo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a fairly new palette that dupes the shades in the Urban Decay Naked Palette, plus eight more shades for a savings of $34.05 (not including shipping). I never purchased the Urban Decay Naked palettes ( the original, 2 or 3) and I'm so glad I didn't. (Well, I did purchase the first one, a year after it came out, but in 24 hours I took it back to Sephora since I couldn't stop feeling guilty for spending $4.50 each for such SMALL eye shadows. I like to spend money on makeup and I love eye shadows the most. It's not that I didn't have the money, but I didn't believe it was worth what I paid for it, packaging and all.

I was watching a beauty guru on YouTube, when I found out about this palette...well, actually I first heard about Revealed 2 palette. When I saw the swatches from many other reviews, that is all I needed to see before I headed off to the Coastal Scents website. I ordered both palettes and between both of them, I use them every day since they came in the mail. They go on sale from time to time so I will be picking them up at that time for backups.

Bottom-line, I received 40 eye shadows for $39.90 + shipping (which was fast). To purchase 36 shadows of Naked, I would have had to spend $162.00. I'm happy to say I'm no longer looking to find Naked palettes on sale.

EDIT: 6/23/14

Some of the reviewers who have the UD Naked Palettes are saying the Revealed palettes aren't as good of quality and they don't blend as well as Naked. I have a single UD shadow in Toasted so today I did a on-top-of-primer test. I blended Toasted and it's Revealed dupe. The result: the same. The shades are not EXACT dupes but I actually like the Revealed one better. After placing the shades on your eyes, the difference would be insignificant. They are THAT close.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2014 9:15:00 PM More reviews by 16chances

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I got this palette before my UD palettes because I wasn't willing to fork out close to RM188(~USD$57) for a palette. This was my first palette and I did not know about the pigmentation or lasting power or fallout of other eyeshadows. When I first got it, the packaging was really cute but I was kinda disappointed it was in a cardboard material(sturdy, however) but you get what you pay for. The cardboard material did not bother me at much, the swatches of the colours are absolutely beautiful but there was an amount of fallout and the colour payoff wasn't tremendous when transferred onto the eyelids but it was not horrible, so no worries about that. It is a good dupe for the Naked + Naked 2 palettes at a fraction of the price but do not expect it to be even half way near UD quality.
On it's own, it is definitely an affordable dupe for UD but the quality is not on par and I would give it 4 lippies.
If compared with UD, I would only give it 2 lippies.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2014 11:58:00 PM More reviews by Synthpopper

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have all 3 naked palettes by Urban Decay. I just had to buy this to try it out. I was hoping it would come close since I don't like to waste my palettes by wearing them to work. This I thought could be a good sub. Boy was I wrong. The quality of these shadows is not even close to Urban Decay. Don't even think about it if that's what you are looking for. They swatch fairly nicely but when applied don't have the smoothness, pigmentation or blend ability. If you really can't afford to save for the Naked palette this might work for you. However, I would rather buy a few wet n wild palettes instead as they are much better quality. If you already have naked just forget about it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2014 1:19:00 AM More reviews by katautumn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this during the Valentine's sale directly from Coastal Scents. I think I paid around $14 for it, excluding shipping. It arrived in wonderful condition. It was wrapped thoughtfully in bubble wrap and nothing was broken.

The packaging is a slim sturdy cardboard. There are two rows of ten pans. There isn't a mirror, but that's okay. I rarely use the mirrors in compacts anyway. The case has an invisible magnetic closure, which is nice. It tucks away neatly in my vanity drawer.

The shades are gorgeous. A perfect blend of mattes, demi-mattes, satins and shimmers. The shimmery shades are not glitter bombs, which is nice for women my age. The shades go on very smooth, are super pigmented, and blend flawlessly. The black is wonderful as a liner. I've even used it lightly for a dramatic smokey eye. The lightest matte shade is a tiny bit chalky, but goes on a primed lid nicely.

My favorite shade is the gun metal with the blue undertones. It is simply gorgeous! Another thing I love about this palette is that no two shades look alike. Oftentimes in full-size palettes there are at least two shades that are disappointingly similar, but not with the Revealed palette.

Revealed is a very close dupe to Naked and Naked2. I don't have any of the Naked palettes, besides Basics, so I can't compare fallout, but many reviewers have discovered there is slightly more fallout with the Revealed palette, but not enough to make them regret buying it. Even at full retail the Revealed palette comes in under $20. Two Naked palettes would cost over $100.

This palette can be used to create a huge range of looks. Everything from a neutral day time look to a dramatic evening smokey eye and every look in between. I have used this palette for everything from girl's night out to Sunday morning church. Another rarity - I have yet to find a shade in this palette I didn't like. I've used, and loved, each and every one of them. I would be heartbroken if I hit pan on these shades and CS decided to discontinue this palette. If you've been wanting Naked, but can't afford it or just don't feel like spending the $52 on them, then get thyself to the Coastal Scents website and order the Revealed palette.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2014 2:34:00 PM More reviews by 1spell4u

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is an excellent palette for the money.

Im not going to compare it to the UD Naked palettes because UD is UD and this palette is considerably cheaper.

While most of the colors are metallic/shimmer there are a few mattes that can be used as crease/transition and brow colors. You get very nice color payoff also.

I would says if your thinking about the Naked palette and your in a "feast" situation then go for it and get the Naked palette. But if your in a "famine" situation and want a similar palette on a budget than go for Revealed.

Either way you wont be disappointed.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2014 4:59:00 PM More reviews by ggarlejo480

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My first coastal scents product, and I love it! If you love metallic neutral eyeshadows then this palette is for you. There are a few matte shadows, one of them being a very nice creamy blendable black shade. The color payoff is excellent. The shadows blend very well, they have great longevity, and do not crease with a primer. I'm not picky with product packaging, especially since this product was only $12.97. However, if you are particular with packaging just know this product comes in like a 'cardboard-ish' material. But for the price, and quality of the shadows, and the shadow selection I will definitely be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2014 9:46:00 PM More reviews by Mollyninetythree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this seems like a good (not great) alternative to the naked 1 pallete. The eyeshadows are a fair quality, what you would expect for the price. The colours are great for everyday wear and can be turned into a night out makeup look. There's 20 shades and at £20 it works out to £1 per shade which is not bad at all. overall I'd say its a decent palette, I wore it today for a wedding and it stayed put perfectly for 7/8 hours but Im assuming that was due to me trying out the whole hairspray your makeup in place instead of fix plus well because... im creative like that.