Coastal Scents Revealed Palette

4.4

on 8/25/2015 9:52:00 PM

The original price that this goes for is $20. In comparison the Naked palettes, that's a $34 difference. Thus, the price is obviously affordable and the quality of the shadows are "smooth, buttery, and pigmented" just like everyone is saying. What the colors look like in the palette look a little more stale in comparison to when you swatch it on your hand. If you swatch it, you'll see that the color will look more vibrant and the shimmer will make it appear dimensional. Since we're talking about shimmers, I want to say that the intensity of glimmers between the Revealed and Naked palettes differ; the former has less, and the latter has more. I thought this would be a problem for me, but I think I actually prefer less shimmer from the Revealed palette. It looks more natural, whereas the other product's shimmer can be a little too much in my opinion. When I lined my eyes with the black from Revealed 1, it didn't stay very long as I didn't expect it to and it transferred onto my lids. It would be a good idea to use an eyeshadow primer, and eyeliner, and than the powder on top. I've heard that using a wet brush to apply the shadows gives the product a more intense pigment.

All in all, I'm pleasantly surprised by this gorgeous palette and DO check out their Revealed 2!! I'm glad that I stuck with CS because the quality exceeds the price, and I am a beginner so I'm less fussy about how much eyeshadow I'm using or if I should have bought something else!

on 8/18/2015 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I ordered the Revealed, Revealed 2 & Revealed 3 on a whim (palette-buying frenzy). This palette is normally $20, but I got it on sale for about half that. The majority of my eyeshadows are "higher end" brands - MAC, Julie Hewett, Lancome, Armani, Le Metier de Beaute. I have also (in the past) owned the Naked palette. These shadows (CS) are definitely on par with any of those brands. They have a very soft, buttery, pigmented texture. The difference in quality between these shadows & any of the brands I mentioned above is negligible at best. I would say the texture of these is most comparable to Urban Decay or, for a drugstore mention, Wet n Wild trios. The Coastal Scents Revealed shadows are much better quality than even the "higher end" drugstore palettes (Sonia Kashuks & the L'Oreal La Palette Nudes). And yes, there are most definitely dupes in this palette for the Naked 1 & 2 shades. I'm talking exact dupes. The packaging for me is fine; it's a very slim, sleek cardboard palette with a magnetic closure. I use this palette often, and I would definitely repurchase it. I would say if you are lusting after the Naked 1 or 2 and on a budget, or if you just want to save some money, definitely give this palette a try.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Why yes, yes I jolly well did!

I loved Revealed 2. I don't know why I bought that one first instead of the original but I'm guessing it was something along the lines of why I had to watch Terminator 2 before the original, and Aliens before Alien.

Makes sense, right?

So, I bought this from Ebay and including shipping paid about $12 for it. Can I make just one teeny weeny little tiny not-even-really-complainy complaint?

Too. Many. Colours.

There, I said it. Look, I'm a Virgo. I'm finicky. Give me a palette with 20 shades and after I've ooh-ed and aah-ed I'll sit looking at the darned thing until absolutely forced to make a decision. And THEN I'll change my mind five or a hundred times before I commit.

Ah but those shades themselves - well, what can I say? There are perhaps two - and they're both frosted - shades that don't do much for my skin tone but other than that the shades are different enough that I don't feel as if I'm using four "oh who am I trying to kid - they're all the same" identical shades on my eyes. The pigmentation is better than I'd hoped (though I should know better given that I already own R2) and the only "meh" shades are the two frosty little blighters mentioned previously.

Now for longevity. Breaking from tradition I used primer on both eyes - Ruby Kisses on one, NYX's on t'other. I did my look thingy. This was at what, around 2pm today. It's now past 10 and I've done the treadmill thing (albeit under protest), the weights thing and made a delicious curry which is still simmering away, and my eyes look just as they did 8 hours ago. Okay, my eyeliner smudged a bit but that's not the point.

There is just the slightest bit of creasing on one eyelid, but since I've committed to entering the Mrs. Greasy Lid 2016 contest, that's not exactly shocking news to me.

Other than that, I'm absolutely satisfied. A great buy and, while it's not LORAC, it's a very well put-together palette which manages to offer extremely good quality at a better-than-decent price point.

on 7/6/2015 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I've had this palette for about a year now, and I'm still as happy with it as I was the day I bought it. I always use Wet n Wild's Fergie eyeshadow primer beneath my shadows, and with that these shadows last 12+ hours on me - no creasing or fading at all. I purchased it for 9.99$ during a sale, which is an amazing deal for these 20 shadows; honestly I would have been satisfied paying full price.
This palette is a dupe for Naked 1&2. I can't compare them because I couldn't justify spending the money on Urban Decay when this palette gets the job done so well. Maybe the quality isn't as good, but I don't feel like I'm missing anything. The shadows are creamy and pigmented, blend beautifully, and have minimal fallout.
The packaging is cardboard, but sturdy and solid. I'm clumsy and I've dropped this a few times- nothing has broken, so that's a thumbs up from me. I wish it had a mirror, but that's not a big deal.
Overall, this palette is a winner. Is it perfect? Its close. I would love if it had another matte shade or two. However, I can use this palette on its own for many different looks - from subtle to dramatic. Some of the colors swatch very similar, but I think with any neutral palette there will be similar shades with subtle differences. The quality is great, the shadows are beautiful, and its worth more than its price, especially when on sale. Buy this - you won't be disappointed!

The palette contains 20 eyeshadows, in a wide variety of browns and greys. You can do many looks with this palette, from natural day-time eyes to dramatic smokey eyes. The eyeshadows are of good quality and very pigmented. They are not as buttery as my high-end shadows such as Lorac or Dior, but they are definitely not chalky either. Very decent quality for the price. I have no problem with the application or staying power using these shadows with a primer. For someone that want to experiment with the nude shadows look or need a travel-friendly palette, I highly recommend this one.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This is a really good quality pallete for someone who wants nice eye shadow but doesn't want to spend a lot. This has neutral colors with a mix of matte and neutral. I use this pallete all the time when I was just want a natural look but you can also achieve a nice Smokey eye with these shadows. The shadows don't have too much fallout and they last a pretty long time. They are very pigmented for the price.

on 4/23/2015 5:14:00 PM

Finally got my hands on this baby! This is a pretty perfect dupe for the Naked 1 palette. I've found the pigment to be great, fallout to be minimal and they're really easy to blend! I'm in Australia so getting coastal scents can be tricky. I got both Revealed palettes from Amazon for just under $70 including shipping. Sounds like a lot but considering the Naked palettes are $78 each, I was pretty happy with my purchase.

on 1/12/2015 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought this palette along with the Revealed 2 on Black Friday for $9.95 each. There are 20 shadows in each palette with a good mix of matte and shimmer shadows. I absolutely love both palettes and find myself reaching for one of them regularly. Having bought both of these palettes I felt no need to buy the Urban Decay Naked palettes which cost way more than these 2 palettes combined and contain many similar colours. The staying power isn't the best but I actually have not found many shadows whether highend or not that last all day without a good primer. I use Shadow Insurance by Too Faced and that seems to do the trick. I also use some of the colours wet in order to make them pop a little more. Definitely recommend both of these palettes!

on 1/11/2015 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Absolutely in love with this palette.

Since I've been using this (and it's been almost a year), I can't bring myself to purchase a high-end palette. For the value and versatility you get with the Revealed palette, everything else pales in comparison. I walk around Sephora and every palette looks so small with little product for an exaggerated price and I feel really happy inside that I have this.

There's 20 (!!) shadows, and if you wait, you can get it on sale on coastalscents.com every couple months.

The mattes are excellent and universally flattering. Every shade is pigmented and blendable. I don't like to spend a lot of time on my eyeshadow working to build color, blending until the cows come home. With this I used three colors -- lid, crease, outer third -- apply, blend briefly and then I'm good to go. It's super slim to travel with as well.

I also love the shimmers. They're sophisticated shimmers. Anything shimmery I inspect under different lighting because they can't look glittery or chunky. The shimmers in the Revealed palette look awesome in a professional setting.

I didn't seek this out as a Naked 1/2 dupe. I used to own the first one before I sold it, underwhelmed with the intensely glittery shades. The Revealed palette, in my opinion, is superior.

on 1/11/2015 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a completely worthwhile purchase if you don't want to spend $100+ on Naked 1&2. Not every color is duped exactly, but they're close enough that YouTube gurus can do one eye with Revealed and the other with a Naked palette and you won't be able to tell which is which. I don't own any Naked palettes, but I own a ton of UD shadows (some of which are in the Naked palettes) and the differences in texture and pigmentation are negligible, especially in the shimmers, frosts and metallics. The mattes are easier to distinguish, as Urban Decay's are more buttery and apply less patchy, but with work and a good primer, you can also make them indistinguishable on the eye. I seldom buy dupes because I tend to secretly yearn for the real thing until I buy it, then I've spent more in the long run, but I'm not having that issue here and that's a big deal for me.

Popular Palettes