Coastal Scents Revealed Palette

4.4

The palette contains 20 eyeshadows, in a wide variety of browns and greys. You can do many looks with this palette, from natural day-time eyes to dramatic smokey eyes. The eyeshadows are of good quality and very pigmented. They are not as buttery as my high-end shadows such as Lorac or Dior, but they are definitely not chalky either. Very decent quality for the price. I have no problem with the application or staying power using these shadows with a primer. For someone that want to experiment with the nude shadows look or need a travel-friendly palette, I highly recommend this one.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This is a really good quality pallete for someone who wants nice eye shadow but doesn't want to spend a lot. This has neutral colors with a mix of matte and neutral. I use this pallete all the time when I was just want a natural look but you can also achieve a nice Smokey eye with these shadows. The shadows don't have too much fallout and they last a pretty long time. They are very pigmented for the price.

on 4/23/2015 5:14:00 PM

Finally got my hands on this baby! This is a pretty perfect dupe for the Naked 1 palette. I've found the pigment to be great, fallout to be minimal and they're really easy to blend! I'm in Australia so getting coastal scents can be tricky. I got both Revealed palettes from Amazon for just under $70 including shipping. Sounds like a lot but considering the Naked palettes are $78 each, I was pretty happy with my purchase.

on 1/12/2015 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought this palette along with the Revealed 2 on Black Friday for $9.95 each. There are 20 shadows in each palette with a good mix of matte and shimmer shadows. I absolutely love both palettes and find myself reaching for one of them regularly. Having bought both of these palettes I felt no need to buy the Urban Decay Naked palettes which cost way more than these 2 palettes combined and contain many similar colours. The staying power isn't the best but I actually have not found many shadows whether highend or not that last all day without a good primer. I use Shadow Insurance by Too Faced and that seems to do the trick. I also use some of the colours wet in order to make them pop a little more. Definitely recommend both of these palettes!

on 1/11/2015 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Absolutely in love with this palette.

Since I've been using this (and it's been almost a year), I can't bring myself to purchase a high-end palette. For the value and versatility you get with the Revealed palette, everything else pales in comparison. I walk around Sephora and every palette looks so small with little product for an exaggerated price and I feel really happy inside that I have this.

There's 20 (!!) shadows, and if you wait, you can get it on sale on coastalscents.com every couple months.

The mattes are excellent and universally flattering. Every shade is pigmented and blendable. I don't like to spend a lot of time on my eyeshadow working to build color, blending until the cows come home. With this I used three colors -- lid, crease, outer third -- apply, blend briefly and then I'm good to go. It's super slim to travel with as well.

I also love the shimmers. They're sophisticated shimmers. Anything shimmery I inspect under different lighting because they can't look glittery or chunky. The shimmers in the Revealed palette look awesome in a professional setting.

I didn't seek this out as a Naked 1/2 dupe. I used to own the first one before I sold it, underwhelmed with the intensely glittery shades. The Revealed palette, in my opinion, is superior.

on 1/11/2015 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a completely worthwhile purchase if you don't want to spend $100+ on Naked 1&2. Not every color is duped exactly, but they're close enough that YouTube gurus can do one eye with Revealed and the other with a Naked palette and you won't be able to tell which is which. I don't own any Naked palettes, but I own a ton of UD shadows (some of which are in the Naked palettes) and the differences in texture and pigmentation are negligible, especially in the shimmers, frosts and metallics. The mattes are easier to distinguish, as Urban Decay's are more buttery and apply less patchy, but with work and a good primer, you can also make them indistinguishable on the eye. I seldom buy dupes because I tend to secretly yearn for the real thing until I buy it, then I've spent more in the long run, but I'm not having that issue here and that's a big deal for me.

on 12/17/2014 3:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have been wanting to try this out for awhile now, even though I own all three Naked palettes. What turned me off and still turns me off is the price of $39.95 that is retails for. Yes you can find this on SALE for $20, but it's not normally that lower price FYI to those looking to grab this.

The quality is good, NOT as good as UD though, please don't let the Youtubers sway you into thinking it is, it is not. It's a nice palette but it does not compare quality wise. I got this in a beauty box recently and I am glad now to never have paid $39.95 for this. I would have however paid $16 for this had I not had UD. I don't think this is worth anything over $20 though.

If you DO own UD, don't bother. The colors are all about the same and you are downgrading in quality. This IS however a great option if you are looking to get the UD and don't wanna buy the $49 version. Just be sure to get this when its $20 and not $39. If you are going to spend $39, but the UD for $10 more.

on 11/13/2014 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Muy versátil! Hermosa.. Super pigmentada

on 9/22/2014 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Overall this palette is a great option for those looking for quality on a budget. I have compared swatches of the Naked 1 palette to this palette and many colors are comparable in pigmentation and blendability. Urban Decay is superior in lasting power and pigmentation when applied on the actual eyelid but the differences are minor especially when price is taken into consideration. On top of being only $20, Coastal Scents has promotions and deals all the time and it would not be difficult to find this palette on sale. This is perfect for beginners who are not looking to splurge $60 on their first palette or for anyone who is looking for a drugstore-price neutral palette. My one complaint is that I wish there were more matte colors, but the matte shades that are available blend transition colors well and the shimmery colors have minimal fallout and great pigmentation. I would not say it is an exact dupe for UD, but it is the best I have found on the market and the best value I've seen yet.

on 9/14/2014 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Overall like the palette, it's a great budget option. There are a lot more colours than the Naked palette but after a while I realized that I don't really need that many and several of them are very similar. There is a considerable amount of fallout when using these eyeshadows with a fluffy brush. I actually found using my finger to apply helped reduce some of the fallout...and then you can blend out after with a brush. The colours do blend quite nicely. My favourite thing about this palette is the packaging. Sturdy enough and great for travel!

Popular Palettes