February 26, 2015 | 2010 users online

Palettes - Coastal Scents - Revealed Palette

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2015 1:56:00 PM More reviews by Christina09

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this palette along with the Revealed 2 on Black Friday for $9.95 each. There are 20 shadows in each palette with a good mix of matte and shimmer shadows. I absolutely love both palettes and find myself reaching for one of them regularly. Having bought both of these palettes I felt no need to buy the Urban Decay Naked palettes which cost way more than these 2 palettes combined and contain many similar colours. The staying power isn't the best but I actually have not found many shadows whether highend or not that last all day without a good primer. I use Shadow Insurance by Too Faced and that seems to do the trick. I also use some of the colours wet in order to make them pop a little more. Definitely recommend both of these palettes!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2015 5:52:00 PM More reviews by scm240

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Absolutely in love with this palette.

Since I've been using this (and it's been almost a year), I can't bring myself to purchase a high-end palette. For the value and versatility you get with the Revealed palette, everything else pales in comparison. I walk around Sephora and every palette looks so small with little product for an exaggerated price and I feel really happy inside that I have this.

There's 20 (!!) shadows, and if you wait, you can get it on sale on coastalscents.com every couple months.

The mattes are excellent and universally flattering. Every shade is pigmented and blendable. I don't like to spend a lot of time on my eyeshadow working to build color, blending until the cows come home. With this I used three colors -- lid, crease, outer third -- apply, blend briefly and then I'm good to go. It's super slim to travel with as well.

I also love the shimmers. They're sophisticated shimmers. Anything shimmery I inspect under different lighting because they can't look glittery or chunky. The shimmers in the Revealed palette look awesome in a professional setting.

I didn't seek this out as a Naked 1/2 dupe. I used to own the first one before I sold it, underwhelmed with the intensely glittery shades. The Revealed palette, in my opinion, is superior.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2015 11:03:00 AM More reviews by carlybabes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

This is a completely worthwhile purchase if you don't want to spend $100+ on Naked 1&2. Not every color is duped exactly, but they're close enough that YouTube gurus can do one eye with Revealed and the other with a Naked palette and you won't be able to tell which is which. I don't own any Naked palettes, but I own a ton of UD shadows (some of which are in the Naked palettes) and the differences in texture and pigmentation are negligible, especially in the shimmers, frosts and metallics. The mattes are easier to distinguish, as Urban Decay's are more buttery and apply less patchy, but with work and a good primer, you can also make them indistinguishable on the eye. I seldom buy dupes because I tend to secretly yearn for the real thing until I buy it, then I've spent more in the long run, but I'm not having that issue here and that's a big deal for me.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2014 3:25:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I have been wanting to try this out for awhile now, even though I own all three Naked palettes. What turned me off and still turns me off is the price of $39.95 that is retails for. Yes you can find this on SALE for $20, but it's not normally that lower price FYI to those looking to grab this.

The quality is good, NOT as good as UD though, please don't let the Youtubers sway you into thinking it is, it is not. It's a nice palette but it does not compare quality wise. I got this in a beauty box recently and I am glad now to never have paid $39.95 for this. I would have however paid $16 for this had I not had UD. I don't think this is worth anything over $20 though.

If you DO own UD, don't bother. The colors are all about the same and you are downgrading in quality. This IS however a great option if you are looking to get the UD and don't wanna buy the $49 version. Just be sure to get this when its $20 and not $39. If you are going to spend $39, but the UD for $10 more.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2014 10:39:00 AM More reviews by Nina2203

Muy versátil! Hermosa.. Super pigmentada

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2014 1:08:00 PM More reviews by jobarbie

Overall this palette is a great option for those looking for quality on a budget. I have compared swatches of the Naked 1 palette to this palette and many colors are comparable in pigmentation and blendability. Urban Decay is superior in lasting power and pigmentation when applied on the actual eyelid but the differences are minor especially when price is taken into consideration. On top of being only $20, Coastal Scents has promotions and deals all the time and it would not be difficult to find this palette on sale. This is perfect for beginners who are not looking to splurge $60 on their first palette or for anyone who is looking for a drugstore-price neutral palette. My one complaint is that I wish there were more matte colors, but the matte shades that are available blend transition colors well and the shimmery colors have minimal fallout and great pigmentation. I would not say it is an exact dupe for UD, but it is the best I have found on the market and the best value I've seen yet.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2014 9:25:00 PM More reviews by trixie_trade

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall like the palette, it's a great budget option. There are a lot more colours than the Naked palette but after a while I realized that I don't really need that many and several of them are very similar. There is a considerable amount of fallout when using these eyeshadows with a fluffy brush. I actually found using my finger to apply helped reduce some of the fallout...and then you can blend out after with a brush. The colours do blend quite nicely. My favourite thing about this palette is the packaging. Sturdy enough and great for travel!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2014 10:10:00 AM More reviews by wendyvl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this palette! Creamy beautiful colors! Going to get the R2 for sure!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2014 8:14:00 AM More reviews by cleogirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I gave this an overall 3 out of 5, here's why:
Packaging -When I got this, I was pleasantly surprised with how thin the palette is. I really love the sleekness of the palette, how easy it is to store , the ease of opening it and how great it would be to travel with. The major complaint I've heard regarding the packaging is that it does not have a mirror which does not bother me in the least because I never use the mirrors in my large eyeshadow palettes.
Shadows - Yes there are many dupes for the N1 and N2 ( I have all 3 Nakeds). Some of the shades in this palette I actually prefer as they are a touch warmer, and are buttery and smooth, especially the satin / shimmer ones. The matte, although I would have loved one or two more, are good quality and blend really well. I also like that there is a combination of warm and cool.
I love the idea of having every neutral shade you could possibly need in one convenient palette but for palette addicts like myself, that concept is nothing but a dream because you are always searching for the next best thing, which leads to my next point:
What I dislike- After using this for a few days, what I have found to be lacking in this palette is DEPTH and INTENSITY RANGE meaning there are too many similar shades with similar tones and not enough of a contrast between light, medium and dark shades. I also find that the few darker shades are lacking in richness if that makes sense. The shades are very suitable for the lid and crease, but there are not enough darker shades to add dimension to the outer V. I really wish they would have thrown in a very rich deep dark warm brown (matte) and or a dark burgundy and a more intense matte crease shade. I think part of the problem is that I prefer warm shades so the dark greys, cool purples and blacks in my palettes are usually untouched. The result with this palette, is that my eye makeup looks pretty much the same everyday I've worn this and lacks that extra something.
There is nothing overly special about any of the shades, I can pretty much find a dupe for every one of them - the whole point of the perfect palette is having everything you need right there in front of you without having to grab anything else. Case in point this morning when I was using this and couldn't help myself, I NEEDED MUG Cocoa Bear to deepen the crease. This is where the palette doesn't do it for me - If I have to reach for other shades, what's the point?
Overall though , I do think this is a good palette, is good value for what you're spending (it's dirt freeking cheap) and for someone who loves neutrals and is a no fuss kind of person who mainly wears a lid shade with a slightly deepened crease, this would be an awesome palette in lieu of spending tons more money to buy the N1+N2. The quality of these shadows is much, much better than most other similarly priced palettes and definitely better than some of the other Coastal Scents palettes (but not the same quality/ intensity as their Hot Pots which are excellent). . Wait for a sale though, DO NOT spend full price on this, be patient,it does go on sale regularly.
I've also purchased the Revealed 2 palette and have not tried it yet but just by looking at it, I think what is lacking in this palette will not be the same with the R2, review of that one to come!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2014 1:52:00 PM More reviews by kileylovescake

I found this palette after looking for a dupe for Naked 2 -- according to YouTube and such, this palette is much the same (in terms of shades) to Naked 1 & 2 because you get twenty shades!

I paid 20$ for it (with shipping) from the Coastal Scents website and I think it was totally worth it! Check online for any promo codes, or see if there is a sale!

The packaging is nice and thin and feels sturdy (cardboard, magnetized, no brush, no mirror).

I haven't used Naked apart from swatching it in the store, but I have to say that I didn't find it super remarkable or different from the coastal scents formulas! Some of the shades are better than others, as in most palettes, but I love that there is a good mix of matte and shimmer (and the shimmer is not out of control...it's classy, my friends). The colors are definitely cool-toned browns - Revealed 2 palette has the rosy, warm-toned colors!

Oh! And the black shade is truly black. I use it as liner everyday now because it's so easy to get good color payoff. Easily my favorite shadow of the bunch.

My biggest complaint is that the palette lacks highlighting shades and has too few good mattes. If you look in the picture, there are two (one nude matte, one shimmery pink-ish color). Unfortunately, the matte nude color just does NOT show up no matter how hard I try. The matte shades in the palette are no where near the quality of the shimmer/satin shades (apart from the black).

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No