April 20, 2014 | 1324 users online

Palettes - TheBalm - Balm Voyage Make-up Palette

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2014 12:45:00 AM More reviews by makeupjie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

As for the price-wise, the Balm Voyage palette is pretty gd! Gd amount of product, huge size of the eyeshadows. The color payoff is really gd, convenient to use. The reason for me not repurchasing this product is because I don't think I will run out of it since there are tons of product inside. I love the Balm stuff, the nude tude, the meet mat nude. A big thumbs up for their packaging! Sooooo adorable!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2014 2:58:00 AM More reviews by Embeth3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well, this is awesome.
16 well pigmented eyeshadows in a great range of colours and finishes and three lip and cheek creams all packed into one medium sized, gorgeously retro (LOVE the pink border!) cardboard palette. Winner!
The lip and cheek creams are a rosy red, a matte-ish peachy coral and a medium bright blue based pink - these have their own little magnetized flap so you can keep them covered while using the powder shadows and prevent excess fallout from making them messy. Good thinking and highly practical.
The shadows are really high quality and very generous full pans - they range from subtle, matte nude shades to vibrant hits of colour (the matte teal is a dream) to shimmery, deep smokey lid and crease options and apart from some minor differences in texture, all are fairly uniformly brilliant. These also blend exceptionally well and it's very quick and easy to build up more intensity if so desired.
The only (very, very minor) criticism I have is that while this is marketed as a "holiday" palette, I personally feel that it is a tad large to lug around when travelling. I'd prefer something smaller, about the size of the Meet Matte (Nude) palette but then of course, you'd have to downsize the pan sizes so you'd lose out on the great value. So I'm not deducting points for that :)
I love the packaging, theBalm do cardboard really, really well. Sure, it's going to wear eventually and it's not going to stand up to really regular handling without some impact but it's well thought out, insanely adorable and I really appreciate the sense of fun.
Marissa Shipman and Co. obviously have a passion for makeup and great products and I'm happy to be sharing in that!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 5:59:00 PM More reviews by aswiftmistake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my spring fling of palettes. I love this so much because of it's versatility, the size of the shadows that come with the palette, and the extra tints that you get with it. The Bon Voyage palette comes with mostly shimmer shadows, as well as a few nude shadows, it has enough colours to make a neutral eye, and then some pretty bright colours to either accent a nude, or have fun and be bright and daring with. The tints really do last, and so do the shadows with a primer. The pigment of these shadows is great, but not extreme, so the blendibility is maximized. The packaging of this palette just makes me so happy, and as always theBalm does not disappoint!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2013 3:51:00 AM More reviews by Saspants

Let me start out by stating that you get a lot of bang for your buck with this palette. I was pleased to hear that TheBalm came out with a couple of new palettes, Balm Voyage and Shady Lady Special Edition. I will review the new Shady Lady after I have a chance to play around with it.

This palette contains 16 big eyeshadows and 3 big cheek/lip creams/stains. The palette itself is similar in structure to their past offerings (Balm Jovi and Muppet Show), as it is constructed of heavy cardboard with colorful pictures and magnetic closures. The texture of the shadows is different, these shadows are a bit creamier, more buttery than in the past. I never felt that TheBalm's shadows were chalky but these feel more like LORAC shadows, like packed loose pigment rather than pressed powder shadows.

The shadow selection consists of 6 matte shades, 3 glittery shades and 7 shimmer/satin shades. Even the glitters are not overly so and actually look great. None of the shadows had fall out, and as usual, I always apply over eyeshadow primer so the colors lasted all day. I did notice fading later in the evening but hours after my work day ended. I think it's fair to estimate that these shadows lasted about 10-12 hours without touch-up.

The lip/cheek creams lasted over 12 hours and still looked vibrant without any touch-up when I took my make-up before showering and going to bed.

I think one of the main areas of interest is the design of the palette itself. The cover is split in two so that you can keep the creams covered while you use the powdered eye shadows and don't have to worry about powders mixing with creams. This is something that I wish more manufacturers would consider when putting together a full face palette and mixing creams and powders in the same palette.

For $42.50 you get a LOT of product as the pans are huge. I really like this palette and TheBalm products in general. Besides, I love the fact that the owner is a Pug lover and supports Pug Rescue. She consistently shares profits from her company to Pug Rescue and numerous animal shelters and charitable animal foundations.