April 19, 2014 | 1040 users online

Eyeliner - NARS - Eye Paint in Snake Eyes

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2014 4:06:00 PM More reviews by Cheungc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

The arrival of NARS's Eye Paints ended a 3 year search of substitutes for the discontinued colours of the Bobbi Brown Long Wear Metallic cream shadows that I used to wear. Not sure why I developed a recent intrigue for dark green eye make-up, but Snake Eyes looked like the perfect solution as soon as it turned up.

I had to put up with a few weeks of online drooling before my next visit to London to acquire these Eye Paints (NARS is not available in the UAE), but the results did not disappoint when I finally got my hands on these magic pots!

The colour of Snake Eyes is just as vivid as they look on the online swatches: do note that the digital swatches on the NARS website look very glittery, but it's actually more of a metallic finish in real life. The pigmentation didn't disappoint me, as I tend to be quite heavy-handed in layering on make-up anyway.

The formula is very smooth (smoother than the Bobbi Brown metallic cream shadows), so glides on easily. The product isn't marketed specifically as a gel liner, and it's possible to smudge it over a larger area of the eyelid if you have more controlled hand than me - the only caveat is that the product sets very quickly and doesn't budge for dear life once dried.

The sales assistant told me that NARS have also introduced a small synthetic angled brush to go with their Eye Paints, but I've already got a very similar one from Sephora and use this to apply a thick line over my lash line and, more recently, to tight line along my waterline. I've also used a small flat eye shadow brush if I'm smudging over a larger surface area. They easily stay on for 18hours without bleeding or losing colour.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2013 5:56:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not sure where this review should go. There are 3 other eye paint colors reviewed, one under Eyes, one under Eyeliner, and one under Eyeshadow. I tried this as an eyeshadow and thought it was too dark so the review goes under eyeliner!

This is promoted as a high pigment gel liner/shadow. It comes in a pot similar to Bobbi Brown gel liners. Snake Eyes is a stunning dark green shimmer. It's listed on the website as a black with green shimmer but it looks dark green in the pot. I wanted to love this. But I don't. It's really similar to the Bobbi Brown Ivy shimmer ink. It's a little more green on the hand (and I mean slightly). But in the end the BB lasts longer. U can't really tell the difference as a liner between the two. So, if u want it to last, go with BB. As far as shadow, it was just too dark. Not worth the $25 price tag!