Kanebo soothing water make-up base

Water, Dipropylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, PEG-20, Glycerin, Maltitol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Carbomer, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Polysorbate 20, Fragrance, Potassium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Alcohol, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Hydrolyzed Silk, Hydrolyzed Rice Extract, BHT, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben

on 11/30/2013 2:09:00 PM

well...before buying this product I didn't exactly know what to expect because nobody reviewed it on makeupalley before...so I just found a couple of reviews on the internet and they were not so helpful...so, let's start saying this is a make-up base, NOT a primer even though many people say it is! this makes your skin look polished, smoothes it amazingly and makes your foundation look so much better. It feels like water, it's really runny...on the box there's written that u need to use 2-3 pumps to cover your entire face but I think 2 are enough...it lasted me for 5-6 months and I've been using 2 pumps, every day from monday to friday (sometimes also saturday)....the bottle contains 30 ml btw, and it's made in Japan...u can see how much product you have left and the pump work very well.
It's great for combination, normal and dry skin. It didn't break me out at all (most primers and make up-bases do), it's ok for acne-prone skin, I've also checked the ingredients and it really is...
it's mainly made of fuji water and other stuff, but there are no silicones in it...still, it makes your skin look smooth and polished.
This stuff is not gonna make your make-up last longer I believe...
it's expensive (365 kr here in Norway) so I won't repurchase it because I think that Smashbox photo finish LIGHT fdt primer does the same job and it costs 260 kr here...and it's great for acne-prone skin (unlike the original one that broke me out like crazy)
still it's a really great product! :)