Dr. Lin Skincare Daily Hydrating Gel

4.3

Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Arcostaphylos Uva Ursi (Bear Berry) Leaf Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Anthemis (Chamomile) Nobilis Flower Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Allantoin, Arbutin, Panthenol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexyl Glycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol Polysorbate 20, Sodium Hydroxide, Carbomer, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer.

on 7/4/2015 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I really like this moisturizer!
But you have to be sure to use it how they recommend to. If you apply it like a basic moisturizer, it wont provide enough moisture.
The instructions say to apply a generous amount, let it set for 30 seconds, then clean off the excess. I've used it as a "mask" and let it soak in a lot.
I took off a lippie because, unfortunately, it's not a super intense hydrating product and it doesn't have sunscreen. You'll need a formula with sunscreen for daytime and might need a more intense moisturizer if you have dry skin. Oily skin people would love this formula!

It's inexpensive and I really like the gel formula.
the hyaluronic acid and aloe really help heal my active acne
I dislike that it's in a tub!! not hygienic!

on 6/13/2015 11:27:00 PM

Question for everybody on here!!! Purchased this, thinking I can use it just like a regular moisturizer.....can I not do this?! How do you use it?!

on 5/19/2015 1:08:00 AM

I hate the tub packaging that you continually dip your fingers into. However, I've found that using a clean qtip to take the product out and dot onto my face is the cleanest way to do it. no double dipping obviously. I definitely think this product helps control my oil. I live in a humid city, so I'm usually an oil slick a couple hours into my day. Once I started using this product, I found that my skin stays matte longer and when I do get oily, it looks more natural. Once con I found is that it leaves my skin feeling "dry" ? I know my skin isn't dry but it makes applying my makeup on top a little difficult. I always use a good primer, but I do agree with the other reviewers that using another moisturizer might help.

on 4/8/2015 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I think that this product has been discontinued as I can no long find it in CVS, Walgreens, or Wal-Mart. However, I love this moisturizer so much that I have been ordering it from Amazon or Ulta. The ingredients are awesome for sensitive or acne prone skin. The tub says to leave it on as a mask, or wipe it off after 10 minutes. I always just leave it on. Takes a little while to absorb, and leaves my skin a little sticky, but I don't mind because it is more moisturizing than other gel moisturizers I've tried. I use it in the mornings and when I don't feel like doing my heavy moisturizing routine at night.

Only complaint is about the packaging. I'm not too crazy about tubs because they can get gross easily. Just make sure to keep it clean!

on 3/29/2015 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was looking for a hydrating gel type product to replace my Face Reality Hydrating Emulsion since that was expensive ($22 for 2oz) and I wanted to find something fragrance-free and with less questionable preservatives. This is one of the products I tried, and I was disappointed. I did not find it to be hydrating for my dry skin. Once it set I felt no added hydration at all. It also has some potentially irritating citrus fruit derived ingredients. My skin just did not like it. I suppose it may work better for normal to oily skin, but it is advertised as a product to help relieve dryness from the use of acne treatments, and I did not find it to help at all with dry skin. The product I did finally discover and love is Sebamed care gel. It's identical to the Face Reality hydrating emulsion except it is fragrance-free, dye-free, and with an EWG rating of 2. I got it for $8 online. That is what I recommend if you are like me and looking for a hydrating product to go under your moisturizer / spf or just a basic hydrating product you can put on your face any time for acne-prone skin :-)

on 3/14/2015 1:23:00 AM

This is an AMAZING AMAZING product, like honestly you should not be able to buy something like this for only $5 (at WALMART)! But be warned if you are on the dry side because than you may need an additional moisturizers, as for me I am a grease monster and this is more tan enough hydration for me. I've looked up a lot of info about this product and I just fell in love. I like how it says, HYDRATING and especially GEL. It is a perfect fit for oily/combo skin. I am more than two weeks in and I can say for now that I am planning to stick to this gel.

P.S.--- You gotta love tat there are aloe vera juice in there(if you have sensitive skin than you should definitely try this because it's pretty much fragrance free and contains aloe vera)

on 2/23/2015 9:38:00 PM

I like this very much. Doesn't break me out. Little/no scent, it has a very faint apricot scent but it is extremely light. Slightly cooling on my skin, I don't have dry skin so it may not be moisturizing for really dry skin but it works well in the winter for me since I have normal and combination skin. I don't know if it helps with acne because I use it and I still have acne but it is on my forehead which is usually due to stress/diet or oily scalp, etc

on 2/2/2015 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Sooooo disappointed! I bought this based on the good reviews..... it made my skin MORE DRY and made it red and irritated!!! The search for a moisturizer continues...

on 11/18/2014 11:10:00 PM

My first review on this site and I'm proud to say it's for this product! We took a trip to the mountains last Thanksgiving and my acne prone skin did something it has NEVER done before....it dried out. It was flaky and had dry spots and felt horrible. We found a CVS in town and I asked the pharmacy what the suggested. They told me about this. Seeing the reasonable price, I decided to try it. I saw immediate results without a greasy feel. I've been using it for a year now and I call it my little miracle in a bottle!

on 9/4/2014 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I've been curious about this for months so I finally decided to check it out!

It is a clear gel. No fragrance, no color. It feels a lot like aloe vera gel, so if you like aloe, you will probably like this. I personally think it feels a little tacky as it sits on your skin until it dries (just like plain aloe vera, in my experience). It also features hyaluronic acid, which is very beneficial for your skin. This is a great product for someone with oily skin or for people who can't use fatty alcohols. I will probably use this during the day time. I imagine it would feel great if you cool it in the refrigerator too.