Dr. Lin Skincare Daily Hydrating Gel

4.4

Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Arcostaphylos Uva Ursi (Bear Berry) Leaf Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Anthemis (Chamomile) Nobilis Flower Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Allantoin, Arbutin, Panthenol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexyl Glycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol Polysorbate 20, Sodium Hydroxide, Carbomer, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer.

on 3/29/2015 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was looking for a hydrating gel type product to replace my Face Reality Hydrating Emulsion since that was expensive ($22 for 2oz) and I wanted to find something fragrance-free and with less questionable preservatives. This is one of the products I tried, and I was disappointed. I did not find it to be hydrating for my dry skin. Once it set I felt no added hydration at all. It also has some potentially irritating citrus fruit derived ingredients. My skin just did not like it. I suppose it may work better for normal to oily skin, but it is advertised as a product to help relieve dryness from the use of acne treatments, and I did not find it to help at all with dry skin. The product I did finally discover and love is Sebamed care gel. It's identical to the Face Reality hydrating emulsion except it is fragrance-free, dye-free, and with an EWG rating of 2. I got it for $8 online. That is what I recommend if you are like me and looking for a hydrating product to go under your moisturizer / spf or just a basic hydrating product you can put on your face any time for acne-prone skin :-)

on 3/14/2015 1:23:00 AM

This is an AMAZING AMAZING product, like honestly you should not be able to buy something like this for only $5 (at WALMART)! But be warned if you are on the dry side because than you may need an additional moisturizers, as for me I am a grease monster and this is more tan enough hydration for me. I've looked up a lot of info about this product and I just fell in love. I like how it says, HYDRATING and especially GEL. It is a perfect fit for oily/combo skin. I am more than two weeks in and I can say for now that I am planning to stick to this gel.

P.S.--- You gotta love tat there are aloe vera juice in there(if you have sensitive skin than you should definitely try this because it's pretty much fragrance free and contains aloe vera)

on 2/23/2015 9:38:00 PM

I like this very much. Doesn't break me out. Little/no scent, it has a very faint apricot scent but it is extremely light. Slightly cooling on my skin, I don't have dry skin so it may not be moisturizing for really dry skin but it works well in the winter for me since I have normal and combination skin. I don't know if it helps with acne because I use it and I still have acne but it is on my forehead which is usually due to stress/diet or oily scalp, etc

on 2/2/2015 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Sooooo disappointed! I bought this based on the good reviews..... it made my skin MORE DRY and made it red and irritated!!! The search for a moisturizer continues...

on 11/18/2014 11:10:00 PM

My first review on this site and I'm proud to say it's for this product! We took a trip to the mountains last Thanksgiving and my acne prone skin did something it has NEVER done before....it dried out. It was flaky and had dry spots and felt horrible. We found a CVS in town and I asked the pharmacy what the suggested. They told me about this. Seeing the reasonable price, I decided to try it. I saw immediate results without a greasy feel. I've been using it for a year now and I call it my little miracle in a bottle!

on 9/4/2014 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I've been curious about this for months so I finally decided to check it out!

It is a clear gel. No fragrance, no color. It feels a lot like aloe vera gel, so if you like aloe, you will probably like this. I personally think it feels a little tacky as it sits on your skin until it dries (just like plain aloe vera, in my experience). It also features hyaluronic acid, which is very beneficial for your skin. This is a great product for someone with oily skin or for people who can't use fatty alcohols. I will probably use this during the day time. I imagine it would feel great if you cool it in the refrigerator too.

on 8/28/2014 6:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This hydrating gel saved my skin! I have sensitive/oily skin and about 2 months ago my face started to get irritated and severely dry. My skin looked like a dried out tomato it was so bad. On top of that I started to get cystic acne all along my jaw line and cheeks. I tried everything from using the most gentle cleansers and moisturizers to changing how I ate (mostly fish and veggies, drinking lots of water). Nothing helped and it just got worse day after day. I was so frustrated and getting depressed. I searched the internet once again looking for help and found a forum about skin and somone mentioned Dr. Lins hydrating gel being the holy grail for their skin. After searching and reading as many reviews as I could I decided to head to CVS to buy it. Price was decent about $7.49. I got home, washed my face and applied the gel. Immediately it soothed my face and the redness and dryness started to decrease. The hydration from it felt so good. It's been a little over a week and my skin is soft, smooth, acne is gone and to be completely honest even looks better than it did before I developed the skin issues. I still don't know 100% what caused my skin to go crazy like that but I am so happy I found this product. For me it is a miracle in a jar. I hope that they never stop making it because there's nothing else like it.

Been using this as my moisturizer for the warmer/summer months - and I love it. It is super lightweight, doesn't leave my skin oily, and really does rehydrate. I use it all over my face (including around my eyes) and bring it down my neck every morning. It glides on well underneath my serum (Lancome) and never leaves my skin sticky. I will probably switch back to my Cetaphil when fall rolls around, but this has really been a nice addition to my spring/summer skincare routine.

on 7/21/2014 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Let me start by saying....AWESOME
Super cheap and superbly worth the money!
This product is an awesome gel that makes my skin feel hydrated
My skin can get really dry from my daily usage of makeup and epiduo and using this product at night after everything feels awesome! Normally my skin would burn after epiduo but with this my skin feels awesome.
In use with toner makes my skin feel the perfect amount of tightness
I only use the at night, (mask style) meaning i just apply to my face and let it sit on (not removing any excess product) works super well for my dry skin
(possible down side is it can make your skin look a bit shiny and oily if you leave it on but i dont mind)
So...go buy! And I hope you enjoy!

on 6/22/2014 11:28:00 AM

This product is amazing! It does exactly what it claims: calms skin, and makes redness go away. I never had acne until I hit 25 (nature is cruel sometimes!!!), but this gel has definitely helped manage it so far. Will def buy again and try other Dr. Lin products. Also: paraben-free. Score.