Dr. Lin Skincare Daily Hydrating Gel

4.3

Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Arcostaphylos Uva Ursi (Bear Berry) Leaf Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Anthemis (Chamomile) Nobilis Flower Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Allantoin, Arbutin, Panthenol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexyl Glycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol Polysorbate 20, Sodium Hydroxide, Carbomer, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer.

So glad I bought this. Instructions are a little vague, not sure if its meant to be a treatment or a mask? I personally use it as a night treatment on top of my serums/toners...
Texture is a thin, watery gel. Very comfortable on the skin. Dries down pretty quickly and is not particularly sticky. Leaves a thin film on the skin especially if a thicker layer is applied. After sleeping with this on skin feels moisturized and comfortable. Not 100% sure this doesn't make me break out a little bit, but the acne I have experienced that could be tied to this is very minor. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a basic gel hydrator for night, would not recommend this for day use as it leaves a film and would not wear well under sunscreen or makeup. Cheap for the size as well! Only real negative is that it is in a jar, not the most clean, but scoop it out with a clean instrument and there goes that issue!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I've only used this for a few days but omg...holy grail moisturizer. And I have MUA to thank! I got the neutrogena hydro boost water gel for extra dry skin hoping it wouldn't make my skin burn like the regular version did. Unfortunately I had the same results- an intense burning sensation only by my nose and nowhere else on my face. I was frustrated so I turned to good old MUA to see if anyone else had a bad reaction to the neutrogena. Someone recommended this moisturizer because it was cheaper and had similar ingredients. So of course I went to Ulta and got this the next day. I am soooo happy that reviewer mentioned this! It is everything I have been looking for- soothing, with great ingredients like aloe, cucumber, and hyaluronic acid, gel texture that dries matte, doesn't break me out, and is very affordable. I'm so happy with this, it's perfect for my skin. I will absolutely be repurchasing!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

AMAZING stuff!! I bought my tub at Ulta for around eight dollars. For the longest time, I was using Cerave PM as my daily and nightly moisturizer and my skin was consistently clogged. I never considered that Cerave could be the culprit (maybe the fatty alcohols?) because I had used that moisturizer for so many years and had bouts of very clear skin, but the second I switched to this moisturizer, my skin transformed. No clogged pores, no breakouts, nothing. It's not as moisturizing as the Cerave, but for some reason my skin just looks so much healthier. I have normal-combination skin and I only deal the occasional oil breakthrough around my nose at the end of the day. This stuff is great underneath makeup as it dries to a matte finish. I also use it before bed (it's the only moisturizer that has made my skin this clear, so I'm too nervous to experiment with more emollient, nighttime creams), but I make sure to add a couple of drops of either Vitamin E oil or Jojoba oil for a boost of moisture. I really think this could be a HG product for anyone acne-prone and oily-ish, it's DEFINITELY worth a try!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

WARNING : This product is exclusively for people with oily skin.
I am one of those oily-crazy-skin people and is hard to find something that don't cause more oiliness/breakouts.
But obviously you cant avoid moisturizer with any acne regimen, everything makes your skin dry after washing your face and using salicylic acid and benzoic products. So after looking into different oil-free/matte moisturizer. I'm really happy i bough this product.
You have to apply it generously to be sure your skin is well moisturized.
If you cant find another drugstore product that helps you control oil i really recommend this one :)

I have been using this a few months under my moisturizer at night and my skin has gotten so clear and more even toned! Love love love

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have clogged pores on my forehead and chin. Just not fun little bumps that really make my skin tone uneven. On top of that, I tend to have a pretty oily t zone, so finding a moisturizer that wouldn't clog my pores and not be oily was a must. This thing is great! It's a clear gel that looks and feels like pure aloe vera. A little goes a long way, and you get 4 ounces for about $8 which is way better than most other gel moisturizers I have seen. It's also fragrance free which is great because my skin is on the sensitive side. The biggest downside is the jar packaging. Not a fan of that part.

I use it as a night cream and will use a bit halfway through the day if I'm feeling it. The product does feel a tiny bit sticky/tacky if you use a lot, but it's not enough to bug me and the feeling goes away after a few hours.

This seems to be doing the trick to keeping my t zone not looking like an oil spill and keep the rest of my face well hydrated. After about two weeks of use along with an ACV mix as a toner, I have actually seen the little clogged pores get smaller and the little redness I had in my cheeks is evening out. I have used ACV before with a bit of success, but the two together are magical.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I wish this gel came in a pump or squeeze type bottle so I didn't have to stick my fingers in it. That is my only gripe with this product. Otherwise it does what it claims. Lightly hydrates skin. I find that using a dime size of this first helps my regular moisturizer absorb better. Cerave lotion, and I can use less lotion combined with this. Hyaluronic acid draws moisture into the skin, so it makes sense that it helps "suck" any moisturizer into the skin better. The only time I use this alone is on a super humid day. Price is very affordable and is regularly on sale. Does not clog my pores or irritate my skin. I would repurchase again. Will probably transfer this into one of those squeeze jelly tubes.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

EDIT 2016: My skin eventually started burning after applying this, so I've returned my old faithful, Clinique DDM Gel. I think I may have developed a sensitivy to Aloe which is a PITA, but alas.

I have sensitive/oily/clog-prone skin that is prone to dehydration and occasional breakouts/rosacea flares. I also have a boat load of ingredient allergies which limit me greatly in what I can use on my skin. I bought this to try as a light day/night moisturizer. I've been using Clinique's DDMG for almost two years now and, while it's still an HG for me, I've found that it's a bit too heavy if I just need a light touch of hydration after using actives or other hydrating treatments (I use a mix of Asian and Western products). I've actually found myself preferring the Dr. Lin Gel since, unlike the Clinique, it contains no silicones and hydrates without leaving any residue behind. I haven't used it by itself yet so I can't comment on if it would be enough as my only hydrating step, but on top of any other product(s) it really gets the job done well -- any tightness is gone and my skin is left feeling calm and smooth.

The texture actually reminds me a lot of Sebamed's Clear Face Care Gel (both are aloe-based), but I hated the Sebamed because it seemed to always leave my face feeling drier and didn't fully sink in whereas I've had no such problems with the Dr. Lin. That said, I'm not too keen on the fact that it comes in a tub rather than a pump or squeeze bottle, but using a Q-Tip to scoop out what I need is easy enough.

You really can't beat the price on this -- I purchased my 4 oz tub on Amazon for about $7.50. Ingredient list is short and sweet and has caused zero irritation so I believe I've found a winner! I will still keep my Clinique DDMG around for times when I'm in need of something more occlusive and moisturizing, but for daily use I think this is it for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

I am a big fan of gel moisturizers and have stuck with this one for over a year now. Lots of beneficial and naturally derived ingredients, including hyaluronic acid which is excellent for acne. You also get ALOT of gel for the price, which is surprising given the number of active ingredients. However the packaging is a pot which I really dislike; I decant to smaller tubes so I don't have to open and close frequently. I personally use this gel only at night because it does not have SPF. In the summer, this gel is the perfect texture for keeping my skin balanced when I wake up. However it is NOT sufficient in Canadian winter. As such, I massage Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate over this gel using my fingers. I find that combination REALLY effective after using benzoyl peroxide which is quite drying. Also appreciate that there is no scent on application. Recommend if you're on a budget and live in moderate climates.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I really like this moisturizer, but it's not super hydrating.
You must be sure to use it how they recommend to. If you apply it like a basic moisturizer, it wont provide enough moisture.
The instructions say to apply a generous amount, let it set for 30 seconds, then clean off the excess. I've used it as a "mask" and let it soak in a lot.
The packaging makes it look like you get tons of product, but you really only get 4 ounces..
Unfortunately, it's not a super intense hydrating product and it doesn't have sunscreen. I think there are better gel moisturizers out there, like the clean and clear gel moisturizer or philosophy's.
You'll need a formula with sunscreen for daytime and might need a more intense moisturizer if you have dry skin

It's inexpensive and I really like gel formulas.
the hyaluronic acid and aloe really help heal active acne.
Oily and acne prone skin will love this formula
I dislike that it's in a tub!! not hygienic!