Dr. Lin Skincare Daily Hydrating Gel

4.6

Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Arcostaphylos Uva Ursi (Bear Berry) Leaf Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Anthemis (Chamomile) Nobilis Flower Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Allantoin, Arbutin, Panthenol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexyl Glycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol Polysorbate 20, Sodium Hydroxide, Carbomer, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer.

on 2/23/2015 9:38:00 PM

I like this very much. Doesn't break me out. Little/no scent, it has a very faint apricot scent but it is extremely light. Slightly cooling on my skin, I don't have dry skin so it may not be moisturizing for really dry skin but it works well in the winter for me since I have normal and combination skin. I don't know if it helps with acne because I use it and I still have acne but it is on my forehead which is usually due to stress/diet or oily scalp, etc

on 2/2/2015 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Sooooo disappointed! I bought this based on the good reviews..... it made my skin MORE DRY and made it red and irritated!!! The search for a moisturizer continues...

on 11/18/2014 11:10:00 PM

My first review on this site and I'm proud to say it's for this product! We took a trip to the mountains last Thanksgiving and my acne prone skin did something it has NEVER done before....it dried out. It was flaky and had dry spots and felt horrible. We found a CVS in town and I asked the pharmacy what the suggested. They told me about this. Seeing the reasonable price, I decided to try it. I saw immediate results without a greasy feel. I've been using it for a year now and I call it my little miracle in a bottle!

on 9/4/2014 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I've been curious about this for months so I finally decided to check it out!

It is a clear gel. No fragrance, no color. It feels a lot like aloe vera gel, so if you like aloe, you will probably like this. I personally think it feels a little tacky as it sits on your skin until it dries (just like plain aloe vera, in my experience). It also features hyaluronic acid, which is very beneficial for your skin. This is a great product for someone with oily skin or for people who can't use fatty alcohols. I will probably use this during the day time. I imagine it would feel great if you cool it in the refrigerator too.

on 8/28/2014 6:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This hydrating gel saved my skin! I have sensitive/oily skin and about 2 months ago my face started to get irritated and severely dry. My skin looked like a dried out tomato it was so bad. On top of that I started to get cystic acne all along my jaw line and cheeks. I tried everything from using the most gentle cleansers and moisturizers to changing how I ate (mostly fish and veggies, drinking lots of water). Nothing helped and it just got worse day after day. I was so frustrated and getting depressed. I searched the internet once again looking for help and found a forum about skin and somone mentioned Dr. Lins hydrating gel being the holy grail for their skin. After searching and reading as many reviews as I could I decided to head to CVS to buy it. Price was decent about $7.49. I got home, washed my face and applied the gel. Immediately it soothed my face and the redness and dryness started to decrease. The hydration from it felt so good. It's been a little over a week and my skin is soft, smooth, acne is gone and to be completely honest even looks better than it did before I developed the skin issues. I still don't know 100% what caused my skin to go crazy like that but I am so happy I found this product. For me it is a miracle in a jar. I hope that they never stop making it because there's nothing else like it.

Been using this as my moisturizer for the warmer/summer months - and I love it. It is super lightweight, doesn't leave my skin oily, and really does rehydrate. I use it all over my face (including around my eyes) and bring it down my neck every morning. It glides on well underneath my serum (Lancome) and never leaves my skin sticky. I will probably switch back to my Cetaphil when fall rolls around, but this has really been a nice addition to my spring/summer skincare routine.

on 7/21/2014 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Let me start by saying....AWESOME
Super cheap and superbly worth the money!
This product is an awesome gel that makes my skin feel hydrated
My skin can get really dry from my daily usage of makeup and epiduo and using this product at night after everything feels awesome! Normally my skin would burn after epiduo but with this my skin feels awesome.
In use with toner makes my skin feel the perfect amount of tightness
I only use the at night, (mask style) meaning i just apply to my face and let it sit on (not removing any excess product) works super well for my dry skin
(possible down side is it can make your skin look a bit shiny and oily if you leave it on but i dont mind)
So...go buy! And I hope you enjoy!

on 6/22/2014 11:28:00 AM

This product is amazing! It does exactly what it claims: calms skin, and makes redness go away. I never had acne until I hit 25 (nature is cruel sometimes!!!), but this gel has definitely helped manage it so far. Will def buy again and try other Dr. Lin products. Also: paraben-free. Score.

on 6/19/2014 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

the best moisturizer for oily, acne prone skin! definitely not the best packaging, but i love this budget, drugstore moisturizer. i put it on in the morning before my overly drying spf (biore perfect milk), and at night before my overly drying retinol treatment. this is the first moisturizer ive used that doesn't make me grease up, and im so glad i found it!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have strange combination skin (sometimes it's overly dry, but also super oily) and it's very ugly textured and breakout prone (I dealt with cystic acne for 4 years after having an IUD placed). If I run my hands down it, it feels scaly and just not normal. It doesn't flake really and I can use a microdermabrasion product (I use Boots Botanics Age Defense Microdermabrasion Polish, which is amazing on it's own) on it without harsh effects. It's not sensitive, but is. Hard to explain, really. I can't afford a dermatologist at this point so I always try new things if they appeal to me and the reviews are good. So, I have been using St. Ives Timeless Skin for years now. It used to keep me soft and moisturized. Not to mention, I am 31 years young and it has always kept my skin looking younger and keeping any fine lines away. I always get mistaken for a 20 year old. I loved this stuff... until my skin turned whack. It no longer keeps me soft. I now only use it as an eye makeup remover after a shower.

Walking through Kinney's, I know they carry neat stuff so I decided to browse. I came across the Dr. Lin line they had an immediately opened my phone and searched for reviews on the gel. The first one I see is on here with "HOLY GRAIL" in the review. I was like, eff yea! So, I bought it. I didn't really read the instructions on how to use it and applied it after my newly purchased retinol serum, after a shower. Apparently you're supposed to leave it on for 30 seconds and wipe it off (I read that after) but I didn't do that. I applied it and left it as is. No other lotions or makeup applied. Once this gel dried, my skin felt amazing! It was a lot softer feeling than before. It still had a bit of scale to it but, it was an amazing improvement. I really don't see the reason of wiping it off! This stuff is amazing and I will absolutely purchase in the future. But, I will also update if I face any problems down the line. For now, after one use, I am addicted.