August 21, 2014 | 1153 users online

Moisturizers - Dr. Lin Skincare Daily Hydrating Gel

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2014 9:40:00 AM More reviews by liviiflutelouu

Been using this as my moisturizer for the warmer/summer months - and I love it. It is super lightweight, doesn't leave my skin oily, and really does rehydrate. I use it all over my face (including around my eyes) and bring it down my neck every morning. It glides on well underneath my serum (Lancome) and never leaves my skin sticky. I will probably switch back to my Cetaphil when fall rolls around, but this has really been a nice addition to my spring/summer skincare routine.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2014 12:03:00 AM More reviews by heyimsabrinaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Let me start by saying....AWESOME
Super cheap and superbly worth the money!
This product is an awesome gel that makes my skin feel hydrated
My skin can get really dry from my daily usage of makeup and epiduo and using this product at night after everything feels awesome! Normally my skin would burn after epiduo but with this my skin feels awesome.
In use with toner makes my skin feel the perfect amount of tightness
I only use the at night, (mask style) meaning i just apply to my face and let it sit on (not removing any excess product) works super well for my dry skin
(possible down side is it can make your skin look a bit shiny and oily if you leave it on but i dont mind)
So...go buy! And I hope you enjoy!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 11:28:00 AM More reviews by FoodPants

This product is amazing! It does exactly what it claims: calms skin, and makes redness go away. I never had acne until I hit 25 (nature is cruel sometimes!!!), but this gel has definitely helped manage it so far. Will def buy again and try other Dr. Lin products. Also: paraben-free. Score.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2014 10:33:00 PM More reviews by mharmon06

the best moisturizer for oily, acne prone skin! definitely not the best packaging, but i love this budget, drugstore moisturizer. i put it on in the morning before my overly drying spf (biore perfect milk), and at night before my overly drying retinol treatment. this is the first moisturizer ive used that doesn't make me grease up, and im so glad i found it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2014 12:34:00 PM More reviews by SimplySweetness

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have strange combination skin (sometimes it's overly dry, but also super oily) and it's very ugly textured and breakout prone (I dealt with cystic acne for 4 years after having an IUD placed). If I run my hands down it, it feels scaly and just not normal. It doesn't flake really and I can use a microdermabrasion product (I use Boots Botanics Age Defense Microdermabrasion Polish, which is amazing on it's own) on it without harsh effects. It's not sensitive, but is. Hard to explain, really. I can't afford a dermatologist at this point so I always try new things if they appeal to me and the reviews are good. So, I have been using St. Ives Timeless Skin for years now. It used to keep me soft and moisturized. Not to mention, I am 31 years young and it has always kept my skin looking younger and keeping any fine lines away. I always get mistaken for a 20 year old. I loved this stuff... until my skin turned whack. It no longer keeps me soft. I now only use it as an eye makeup remover after a shower.

Walking through Kinney's, I know they carry neat stuff so I decided to browse. I came across the Dr. Lin line they had an immediately opened my phone and searched for reviews on the gel. The first one I see is on here with "HOLY GRAIL" in the review. I was like, eff yea! So, I bought it. I didn't really read the instructions on how to use it and applied it after my newly purchased retinol serum, after a shower. Apparently you're supposed to leave it on for 30 seconds and wipe it off (I read that after) but I didn't do that. I applied it and left it as is. No other lotions or makeup applied. Once this gel dried, my skin felt amazing! It was a lot softer feeling than before. It still had a bit of scale to it but, it was an amazing improvement. I really don't see the reason of wiping it off! This stuff is amazing and I will absolutely purchase in the future. But, I will also update if I face any problems down the line. For now, after one use, I am addicted.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2014 3:49:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an aloe vera and HA based gel moisturizer that is both soothing and hydrating. It doesn't have a sticky texture, you can use it as a mask or aftershave, and it doesn't break me out or agitate my oily but sensitive skin. It reduces facial flushing for me. My skin looks much more calmer in the morning. It doesn't exaggerate my pores either which is nice. I wish this came in a squeeze tube instead of a jar. I just make sure to keep my hands clean when I dip my fingers in. If you are using it as a moisturizer, make sure to massage it in well since the texture is gloopy and thick. It will sink in. As a mask, spread a thin layer and let it sit for 30 seconds before wiping off the excess. It doesn't have a strong fragrance which is a bonus. It costs about $7.50 at Ulta, but I have also seen the line at CVS and Walmart. I would definitely repurchase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2014 9:05:00 PM More reviews by nihaobrookey

HOLY GRAIL amazing product and completely changed my skin! I never have a problem with dry spots anymore and it reduced the redness in my skin so much that I can finally just wear a light foundation or bb cream and my skin looks nice and even! also since I have combination skin it's great for my oily areas because it doesn't increase the oiliness and I'm very acne prone and I feel as though this has helped so much with preventing and healing pimples! the only thing I wish is that it came in a pump but with the quality of this product and how it's made my skin so amazing I am okay with just a jar packaging. I know I sound like I'm rambling lol but also this has helped to get rid of any hyper pigmentation from previous pimples as well! for reference I've been using this product for 8 or so months every morning :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2014 9:55:00 PM More reviews by finalheaven07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've always come to makeupalley for reviews on everything,but this is my first time posting a review. I have very dry and sensitive skin. I ran out of my Simple moisturizer and decided it was time for a change and tired a one from Yes To:Cucumber. Omg this was an AWFUL product. It dried my skin out, burned it, and left it red for days. I had dry patches,it was awful. Well, being a fair person I tried Yes To: Blueberries make-up wipes. Did the same thing. I was at Ulta looking for something to soothe the damage Yes To created and found this little gem. It was 7.49 and I had never heard of it. I asked the sales lady and she said she never heard of this brand,but to try it anyways. The first night I used it i cleaned my face,used, and went to bed. The next morning my skin felt better. I'm now on day three and my skin is so hydrated and smooth. You don't even know how happy I am. I put this on under my make-up with my clean and clear light moisturizer and my make-up looked flawless. My face was so smooth and pretty. I noticed the little break out I had went away to because of this. I wish I could thank Dr. Lin in person. This product is great!!!! BUY IT!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2014 9:51:00 AM More reviews by lavendertea

This moisturizer is literally what I have been searching for. My skin hates silicones and any product with them breaks me out. Much to my dismay almost every moisturizer contains some form of silicone. So when I saw reviews on this product and checked it's ingredients list I was thrilled and went out to get some for myself. I have been testing this product for about two weeks now and it works wonderfully. My skin was formerly dry and flakey because of the harsh acne products I put on it. Now I actually break out less because my skin isn't so irritated.

HA can actually be drying to some skin types because of it's ability to draw moisture from it's surroundings. So when I use it I pat on some water before hand and then apply the gel to my entire face and neck. It doesn't work miracles but it does get rid of the flakes and soothes my troubled skin. But along with sulfur this has been a game changer in my battle against my skin.

Dr. Lin's Daily Hydrating Gel is available in CVS, Walmart, and online. I paid about $7.50 USD for it at my local CVS.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 10:59:00 AM More reviews by l0laxc0la

I think I've found an HG!!!!!! But I use this in a completely different manner than the other reviewers!! My skin is incredibly dry and dehydrated, all the time, no matter what I do. It's also extremely sensitive; I can't use parabens, etc. I did some research and decided to look for a hyaluronic acid serum. Well, I was going to order something online but then I just stumbled upon this at CVS, the ingredients looked good and it was fairly cheap so I thought it was worth a try. and so far it's been AWESOME!! I put it on as soon as I'm out of the shower/done washing my face, in a thin layer. I wait for it to dry then put my moisturizer on top. I've definitely noticed that this (probably the aloe + HA) helps me retain the moisture from my shower/moisturizer wayy better than just moisturizer alone, yet it doesn't add any heaviness/stickiness/greasiness to my face because it's very thin and gel-like. I"ll definitely repurchase! Definitely suggest this if you need some extra moisture like me during the winter months!