October 1, 2014 | 981 users online

Fragrances - Trish McEvoy - Blackberry and Vanilla Musk #9 EDP

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2014 6:15:00 PM More reviews by Lchartzog

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wanted to love this based on the rave reviews, cult- like following, and opinions that this was much better than "falling in love" by Philosophy. I love anything with blackberry and vanilla as well. I convinced my husband to order it for me by promising a months worth of back rubs and I couldn't wait to get it. Unfortunately this was NOT better than my beloved FIL. In fact, I didn't like it at all. It didn't smell sexy, soft, and feminine as others had described it but rather unpleasantly spicy and masculine on me. Could be my chemistry as I liked the smell in the bottle. The only good thing in this case was that this scent didnt last more than 2 hours on me. For $90 for a perfume it better be the best scent ever made and last all day. Back it goes and with my money I'll be able to order 2 bottles of FIL. My husband says I still owe him the back rubs though lol.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2014 9:42:00 AM More reviews by vero32

I want to firstly say that I love this fragrance. I have bought the 3.3 oz. bottle twice, I have the body cream and the rollerball. It makes me happy; I love smelling it on myself.
Now with that said, although I do love it, I will not be purchasing again. Why you ask? Because too many times has someone said "why does it smell like a Christmas tree?" while they've been around me. And I know it's me because deep down, it does smell like... pine? A mix of pine and berries that evokes a winter evening... I don't know. It's a lovely, warm, inviting smell, but not for a perfume. It's embarrassing. I might purchase the rollerball now and again for my personal enjoyment but I refuse to wear this in public after my current bottle runs out. I also really enjoy the Sexy 9 fragrance, maybe that one will replace this one. We shall see.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 1:38:00 PM More reviews by hernana

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have worn this fragrance for several years, and I still love it. To me, it is the perfect blend of vanilla, blackberry, and musk. I don't feel like a 14 year old with a candy coating; and I also don't feel like an old hippie wearing too much vanilla and musk. The combination of scents is just right - it's a classy and easy-to-wear fragrance. I'm surprised by the reviewers saying this has no lasting power. On me, it lasts all day, and is one of the rare fragrances that I can tolerate smelling all day without getting sick of it. It will always be part of my fragrance collection.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This right here MUA, is my HG fragrance. This is the one fragrance I have never gotten tired of. I purchased the 3.3 limited edition size and it was well worth the money. The quality of this fragrance is much better than Philosophy. I prefer this fragrance to Sexy. I will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2013 3:23:00 PM More reviews by RemyMarti

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love, love love! Sweet yet refreshing, but needs to last longer. I go with the volleyball.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2013 10:58:00 AM More reviews by lemonz4us

I have to say... this is a very lovely scent. But i'm not rating the scent based on how well i like it. It's the kind of balance of sweet and somewhat fruity (tart blackberry) that i love in fragrances. I don't care that this is for females(i'm male), i love it and will wear it, it's really nice for winter ! when you'll be warm indoors.
I have gripes about this though, the packaging for the largest size is awkward. It's insanely expensive at 85$ for the full size, and it has little to no staying power, after 4 hours i can barely smell sweetness if i dig my nose into my wrist. I expect a more pricey designer fragrance to stay more.
Several dupes are out there but this is a unique fragrance in that the dupes are close...but not quite exact to the original. (i personally suspect the fragrance creators purposefully made the fragrance non-lasting so they could call their formula "unique" so people would buy it more )
Philosophy's Falling In Love is a close dupe for this but not 100% exact, maybe 95%? unconditional love is similar but sweeter

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2013 2:02:00 AM More reviews by grrrrrace

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm really sad that I have to write this review. I absolutely adore the scent - it's pretty and sweet without being cheap. I wanted to love it and keep it forever... but it gave me a pretty severe allergic reaction on my skin.

Please note that I don't have sensitive skin and I'm not really allergic to anything, so this came as quite a surprise. I like to spray perfume on my pulse points, like my wrists and neck. When I spray this perfume on my skin, it makes me look bruised in that area! The rash would stay on my skin for a few days, even after I stopped using this. While it didn't physically hurt, it looked so bad everytime I used this perfume, so I had to return it. :(

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2013 10:27:00 PM More reviews by cjxtypes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love love love this perfume SO MUCH but alas the staying power is so terribly weak I can never really bring myself to justify the price of it. Every now and again I am able to win it at a semi affordable price on eBay. I've even tried layering it.... :/ just doesn't last long enough for the high price tag. I'll purchase again just because I love scent but to keep it around longer I only use it as 'night out' perfume.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2012 3:34:00 PM More reviews by srussel9498

The smell is very much like Falling in Love by Philosophy yet this one stays on longer. I love the scent and it is pretty and light for the summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2012 6:36:00 PM More reviews by gelhi

No.9 is a relatively natural-smelling blackberry, It is not artificial, nor too candied, and has a green "blackberry bramble" type of scent. However, lasting power is pretty weak. On me, it lasts... maybe 2-3 hours? However, there is a pleasant, barely detectable drydown of clean musk after the scent fades. Regardless, I do need to reapply periodically.