July 29, 2014 | 2075 users online

Makeup Brushes - Smashbox - Travel Brush Set

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2002 7:09:00 PM More reviews by Sugar76

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

The best thing about this set is the black zip-around microfiber case with inner mesh pocket. It stores more than it looks and is relatively compact. It's pefect to throw into an overnight bag or a roomy purse. The case also holds up to five short handle brushes. (It fits my short handle Bare Escentuals face brush and Bobbi Brown ultra fine eyeliner travel brush perfectly.) The set includes a blush brush, blending brush, and crease brush which are of good quality, with no shedding and hold up well to countless cleanings. Unfortunately, the travel size pushbrush is another story. It is too stiff for use around the eye area, and doesn't compare to its full size cousin. I had been using this SB set nearly everyday up until I bought a Sonia Kashuk set. I agree with the last reviewer, it's a little on the spendy side when there are other travel brush sets available.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2002 12:22:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

I wanted this product for so long that I finally had to get it! At $55 for a travel brush set and 4 travel size brushes, I thought, not too bad. Unfortunately, this brush set is like most, the quality is not as good as the originals. THe bristles feel very soft, but the hairs kept falling out of my blush brush. The set comes with a travel blush brush (I think this is too tiny), a travel No.9 cream eyeliner brush, (which i think is unneccesary because i prefer to travel with a pencil or liquid, nothing that can melt), a No.3 allover brush (for allover shadow, blending, crease, I do like this one with a nice sized head), and finally a mini crease brush. It does not contain a lip brush. The case itself is a nice size to hold a small amount of makeup, essentials only but this works for me because I tend to overpack. This set is cute but I prefer my Cat mini brush set (more brushes for the money plus bigger blush/powder heads) or even my Travel MAC holiday/anniversary sets (comes with a bigger bag and either more brushes or more stuff for less, about $45).