November 1, 2014 | 1081 users online

Powder - Dermablend - INTENSE PowderCamo

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2014 6:56:00 PM More reviews by BornGothic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is approaching HG status. I was a die hard ELDW powder foundation user until the shade range change. I'm NW20 and Fresco was suddenly too dark and oxidizing on me about an hour after application. I have combo oily t-zone, dry cheeks, melisma patches on my forehead and cheeks and slight rosacea. I like coverage and matte.

The Camo powder was impossible to pick online, as the shades DO NOT match the liquid ones. I'm Sand Beige in the liquid/concealer and Almond in the powder. Almond is a little pink, but it's the most neutral of the shades, as they run a bit yellow. Camo can be full coverage or medium depending on the application tool. I do use concealer underneath, Mac PLW to give more coverage on my dark spots, but I could really do without it if I wasn't self conscience. The sponge gives a more powdered, matte look and was how I started out. I have also tried the TF$ cream foundation brush to buff it in and the Chikuhodo Z2 for a light application to run to the store. I loved them all. This covers like mad, but it is not a full flat matte. It actually looks like skin and for a powder, it's odd but nice.

I notice my forehead and cheeks have a slight glow after application and before highlighter, like light hitting the skin. Not like my ELDW which had to have something added to not look like a flat wall paint. It lasts me through an 8hr shift at the hospital, but I haven't been brave enough to test it on a 16hr shift yet. I still reserve my ELDW liquid for that. I absolutely love it. It's light feeling, transfer resistant and doesn't crack in my smile lines. I use Murad oil control mattyfier under to control oilies and I sometimes set it with Nars LRP loose for a more diffused/blurred look.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2014 7:33:00 PM More reviews by SDSnyds

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This powder foundation is one of the better ones on the market. And I've tried just about every big name powder foundation all the way to drugstore and everything in between. The shade range isn't the best and all of the lighter shades are geared toward yellow undertones. I originally ordered the second lightest shade, beige, and this was way too yellow for my skin. Their lightest shade ivory works much better, it's still yellow based but not quite as much as beige. For reference I have nc15-nc20 skin. If you're very very fair skinned or with strong pink undertones then their lightest shade ivory will not work for you. I wish this contained SPF, since I find it strange that their concealer contains SPF but their powder foundation does not. This didn't make me more or less oily then any other powder foundation I've used. Regardless of what I use I need to blot after 3 hours. Even with my oily skin this doesn't wear off and I didn't the need to constantly reapply after blotting. I use this with their smooth indulgence concealer in sand and it works perfectly. It's the most natural looking of all of the powder foundations I've used and I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2014 7:11:00 PM More reviews by JillHamilton

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Finally writing my first review. I'm obsessed with this site, I might as well contribute. This foundation powder is awesome! Covers very well and stays on wonderfully. Quite high coverage and finishes nicely...not too matte which can happen with powder foundation. Will definitely continue to buy! Thank you, Dermablend!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2014 12:35:00 PM More reviews by Songbird1967

Like this quite a bit! I apply with foundation brush and it covers beautifully giving a polished yet not heavy coverage. The color choices are not fabulous; they tend towards yellow. Other than that I have already repurchased.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2014 7:35:00 AM More reviews by smyrnamagnolia

I looked at this product for specific areas only. I have rosesea on my cheeks and on my forehead between my eyes. Prior to this, I had used another product, but it was liquid and inconvenient for touchups. It also had to be set with powder. This product is easy to keep in a makeup bag. I use a brush to apply---it does not come with one. I used medium, and the color was perfect for concealing these red places. The coverage is not smothering; I am used to no foundation. It's a breeze to reapply, and the cost is less than the other two products I had used. I find it is not blotchy over moisturizer. This product provides me complete coverage in exactly the places I choose. I do not apply this as a total face coverage, rather use it as a concealer on specific spots. I would purchase this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2014 1:42:00 AM More reviews by BeautyBrunette16

Originally I hated his foundation. Found out I was applying wrong. I used a Brush to apply, and received sheer coverage. Using a dry sponge (real techniques miracle complexion sponge) I received gorgeous full coverage that looks natural with a satin finish.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2014 6:13:00 PM More reviews by funmakeup89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ick. I just didn't like it.... My skin tone leans yellow, but both shades I tried were WAY too yellow (ivory and beige) and the other shades were too dark. I like the full coverage, but by the end of the day it had turned oily and settled into my smile lines. It also broke up around my nose/cheek area, with or without primer. Maybe if I used something like a mineral veil to set it? To me it just wasn't worth the 30 bucks.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by meldew

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have loved powder foundations ever since the old version of Olay powder foundation was discontinued probably 12 years ago! No other DS powder came close. Palladio was too dark and pink and oxidized. Mark powder buff probably was the best replacement.... Then an ulta opened in my town, and I found this! Unfortunately there were only a few testers out on the display, so I couldn't try many shades.

Usually I wear the lightest or second lightest yellow-toned shade in a foundation, but this was hard to determine with this line. They all looked yellowish to me! I ended up with nude, and after trying it on at home, decided it's more of a peach than a yellow. However, it works. I am about nc20 right now.

The main reason I need coverage is due to melasma on my cheeks. I have dark circles as well but this doesn't make a huge difference in those.

First I tried this over moisturizer, but it seemed to oxidize a bit. Or perhaps the moisture caused the peachiness to emerge? The next day I tried it alone and liked it a lot better. It applies thickly with the sponge, and I like it better applied with a flat topped stipple brush.

As far as coverage, it's more opaque than every other DS powder, and pretty comparable to MAC, mark powder buff, and benefit hello flawless.

My biggest complaint is how to determine the correct color... Even the swatches online are confusing. Some websites show nude as a golden tone and some show it as a pinky peach. You do get a lot of product in the compact compared to other powders, tho the price is high. So far no breakouts! I'd definitely buy again, but I'd probably try either beige or almond next time.

Update: I swapped my nude with my friend's beige... Nude is peachy, beige is yellow. Much much better for each of us since she's a pink based with rosacea and I'm very yellow-based. I think I've perfected the use of this.... Wash face, dry, thin thin layer of cerave lotion, let dry. Use a japonesque foundation brush and apply all over with a heavier layer on the melasma cheeks... Tap on dermablend's concealer under eyes, and ready to go with the addition of some eye and lip makeup! This is NOT an oil control powder. I have combo skin and get a little sheen on my T zone by the end of a warm day. This is not a sparkly powder but it has a slight reflectivity that looks fresh. Not matte on me at all. Love it! I've alternated with my other favorites and I'd say this is prob my new fav powder fdtn. Second is benefit Hello Flawless, third is mark Powder Buff. They're all decent but this is a nice match to my skin tone without looking chalky.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2013 10:53:00 AM More reviews by lindsayalexander

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Just picked this stuff up last night at Ulta. I was looking for a full coverage powder to replace my Maybelline Pure Stay Powder Foundation which was discontinued. This does the job for sure. Very full coverage powder - I don't think I need to wear liquid foundation with this. Just use this to cover any redness around nose and corners of eyes and I will be good to go!