October 25, 2014 | 1171 users online

Makeup Brushes - Everyday Minerals - Itahake Brush

rated 4.0(1 review)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2013 9:19:00 PM More reviews by Parisa909

I really like this brush. I bought it to use specifically to use with my cream contour products and my Kevyn Aucoin 'Sculpting Powder', and it works really well for this purpose. The synthetic bristles are super-soft, quite tightly packed, but it's not as dense as you'd expect, there's some movement there. I purchased this brush from iHerb to be shipped to the UK, and in conjunction with the $5 off, I paid just under £12, such a tremendous bargain!

The size of the head means it fits perfectly under the hollows of the cheeks for quick and effortless contouring. When I contour my face using this brush, I use Jaclyn Hill's contouring method - dip the brush into the powder, then very apply under the cheekbone, in light strokes, in a side-to-side movement building it up slowly. Then, I wiggle the brush up and down to blend and out the contour line. The brush nicely diffuses the line, but without blending it totally away, and I can see subtle definition under my cheeks, temples and jaw.

In reality this is a very quick process once you get the hang of it! I love that because the bristles aren't too thick, neither is the contour line on your cheekbones. Once you've applied your blush and highlighter, you can go back in with the brush and create a stronger contour too, depending on your personal preference.

I've read that this brush is excellent for highlighting too, which I don't doubt, since the brush head allows you to precisely apply powder/cream products on whichever area of the face. Overall, I really enjoy using this brush for contouring, however I still plan on getting the NARS 'Ita' when it's back in stock as I'm interested in comparing the two, plus I love collecting brushes.