Everyday Minerals Itahake Brush

Not tested on animals

on 12/26/2014 2:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

The everyday minerals Itahake brush has long been touted as the closest dupe to the coveted (and pricey) Nars ITA brush. I do not own the ITA brush so I can't really compare the two exactyly.

The itahake brush has a bamboo handle and is completely cruelity free with synthetic fibers. Its far more dense than the NARS ita so you must use a lighter hand than you would normally. It definitely makes contouring much faster when compared to tradtional angled contour type brushes but I've noticed that when washing the brush, the bristles tend to 'fray' and lose their shape a bit.

Overall, the pros outweigh the cons and this brush is truly a good dupe for the ITA.

on 11/28/2013 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I really like this brush. I bought it to use specifically to use with my cream contour products and my Kevyn Aucoin 'Sculpting Powder', and it works really well for this purpose. The synthetic bristles are super-soft, quite tightly packed, but it's not as dense as you'd expect, there's some movement there. I purchased this brush from iHerb to be shipped to the UK, and in conjunction with the $5 off, I paid just under £12, such a tremendous bargain!

The size of the head means it fits perfectly under the hollows of the cheeks for quick and effortless contouring. When I contour my face using this brush, I use Jaclyn Hill's contouring method - dip the brush into the powder, then very apply under the cheekbone, in light strokes, in a side-to-side movement building it up slowly. Then, I wiggle the brush up and down to blend and out the contour line. The brush nicely diffuses the line, but without blending it totally away, and I can see subtle definition under my cheeks, temples and jaw.

In reality this is a very quick process once you get the hang of it! I love that because the bristles aren't too thick, neither is the contour line on your cheekbones. Once you've applied your blush and highlighter, you can go back in with the brush and create a stronger contour too, depending on your personal preference.

I've read that this brush is excellent for highlighting too, which I don't doubt, since the brush head allows you to precisely apply powder/cream products on whichever area of the face. Overall, I really enjoy using this brush for contouring, however I still plan on getting the NARS 'Ita' when it's back in stock as I'm interested in comparing the two, plus I love collecting brushes.

Popular Makeup Brushes