July 29, 2014 | 2078 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Boots - Facial Exfoliating Sponge

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2014 12:54:00 PM More reviews by missmelodya

so purchased 3 of these on offer from boots. used on my face this hurt like crazy. without even applying any pressure, just running it gently over my face with cleaner, this tore my face right up. it certainly exfoliated! i would hesitate to suggest these to anyone with very sensitive facial skin. back to the trusty washcloth for facial exfoliating.

with the above in mind, i found the perfect use for these - exfoliating my underarms! as i cannot stand the feeling of antiperspirant / deodorant residue after a few days, i used to use st. ives exfoliating scrub which left my underarms exfoliated, but also left an odour that reacted strangely with sweat afterwards (think ammonia/rancid apple juice) and made my armpits feel slimy even washing with regular soap after. today i used the boots exfoliating sponge on my underarms (after using it on my face ) with a bit of antibacterial bar soap and wow, this is perfect for my needs (not to mention much easier on the budget than the st. ives scrub, with no trace of residue or funny smells.) my only complaint about this sponge (besides it not being suitable for my face) is that it seems to be comprised of two separate pieces with something flimsy holding it in the middle. it started coming undone at the sides despite careful handling. still a small issue considering the results it gave me.

would i buy these again? yes, time and time again. though i may not be using this sponge for its intended purpose, i find it superior to other products i have tried for underarm exfoliation. also got the smoothest armpit shave *ever.* purchased on offer they come to 1 a piece. even if this doesn't work for your face, it will exfoliate any parts of you thoroughly, so i feel this is very good value for money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2013 1:29:00 PM More reviews by TurtleMoon

I discovered these about 12 years ago and since then, one has always been a mainstay of my bathroom accessories.

This is a very light, very gentle exfoliating sponge which does wonders for my skin when I use it once or twice a week. Using my regular facial cleanser (e.g. Clinique Facial Soap) I apply as usual before using the sponge to gently exfoliate my skin. I use gentle, circular motions concentrating on the more stubborn areas like the middle of my forehead, jawline, sides of nose and chin, where I often feel it needs a bit more effort. For someone with sensitive skin, this has never once left my face feeling sore - it sloughs away the dead skin nicely and leaves my skin looking and feeling very soft and 'new'.

These only cost about 1.90GBP from Boots and more often than not they are on 3 for 2 meaning you can stock up. If you're looking to start exfoliating but aren't sure where to start (or don't want to spend money on expensive exfoliating creams/lotions) then I would highly recommend giving this a try with your regular cleanser. It certainly works for me!