Cover Girl Bombshell Volume

2.4

on 2/24/2015 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral

The ONLY positive thing about this mascara is that when you die at 89 years old, the mortician won't have to put mascara on you...you will still be wearing the same mascara you applied when you were 28.

0___o

Seriously. This stuff doesn't come off. EVER. After days and multiple applications of baby oil and makeup remover, it wouldn't budge. I ended up picking and peeling it off until I ripped out a bunch of lashes.

It is literally like black asphalt tar super glue. STAY AWAY!!!!! You will NEVER get it off!!! My eyes got red, sore, and bloodshot from literally days of trying every makeup removing technique known to man to get this crap OFF. HORRIBLE!!!!!

on 2/22/2015 10:23:00 AM

Ok, I seriously don't understand all the hate on this product. I'll admit it does take a little work to take off, but a little coconut oil does the trick! I love this mascara because I have SHORT BLONDE eyelashes, and sort of small eyes, so when I saw this product on sale at CVS for like $8 I figured I'd give it a shot and I'm so glad I did. After I curl my lashes, I put a few coats of step one then step 2 and whabam! It looks awesome! It literally lasts all day long, from 7am to 2am with no touch-ups! The only drawbacks I have is with the design of the brush, it would be better if the wand was a tad longer and the brush a tad shorter. Also I make sure I give it a good dab off inside the rim to prevent clumping. But overall this really is a great mascara for short lashes, just take your time with some coconut oil and it'll get it off easy peasy!

on 1/28/2015 11:38:00 AM

Very bulky and hard to apply. It made my lashes quite long but one wrong move or if you put on just a little too much, it will clump and look aweful. I like that you get two different brushes but this product is so hard to remove!!! Overall i would not buy again, but not the worst mascara ever.

on 1/27/2015 1:29:00 AM

I found it really easy to remove, not sure why everyone says it's impossible. That's the only good thing about this mascara. It gives no length, just a lot of clumps. It also dried out super fast. No thanks

on 1/22/2015 10:39:00 AM

This mascara is absolutely horrible, I actually went out of my way to come on here & leave this review just for this mascara. Cover girl has reminded me why the lower price range isn't worth any of their prices (but occasionally eye shadow, if that even) not only did it HORRIBLY clump and felt as if it was stale it was IMPOSSIBLE to get off. This is the WORST MASCARA ever

Worst mascara I have ever tried. You can't get it off when washing your face or eye makeup remover. Not very much volume and clumps even
Cost to much for this to happen.

on 1/4/2015 11:34:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

Just like many reviewers have already mentioned: this mascara is a) too bulky and uncomfortable to use; b) doesn't create that much volume; c) has no need for 2 steps as there is no difference; d) hard to remove and yet smudges easily. Just no.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I actually really like the effect this gives on my eyelashes but I find it very hard to remove. :(

on 12/11/2014 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The formula itself is not bad. It's the brush that is IMPOSSIBLE to use. Because it's a duo mascara, it means the individual brushes are very short. This means that unless you have a perfectly shaped eye, it's basically a nightmare trying to apply the mascara on your inner and outer corners unless you're using the tip and highlghting each individual lash. Also, the 2nd "mascara" is more a tinted finish. However, the 1st part is amazing at seperating clumps, as well as curling. I have no issues with the formulas at all.

on 12/7/2014 9:52:00 PM

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

I bought this after asking a friend what she was using for her lashes cause they looked longer than usual. Turns out it was this Bombshell mascara so I bought it to try it out. It's not bad it gives me volume, but not so much length. The thing is hate is that it's SO hard to remove. I never buy waterproof mascaras cause I hate tugging so much at my lashes and I made sure I wasn't buying the waterproof version of this mascara, yet it`s sooo difficult to remove. For this reason I will not repurchase and I`m not even sure I`ll finish this tube.

Video Reviews & Tutorials