Cover Girl Bombshell Volume

2.5

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I got this mascara in Brown at Ulta for like $1.50 on clearance. I love trying mascara so I always have a million different kinds around. I read the reviews before using it & almost threw it away before even trying it, but I'm glad I didn't. This mascara is pretty average but my experience wasn't nearly as awful as the reviews made it sound like it would be. It does a good job of lengthening, separating, & volumizing, and I can see the benefit of using both ends as recommended for the best result. One thing I really like about this mascara is that it seems to hold the curl really well, and my lashes don't droop as the day goes on.

Finally, taking it off. I have had NO issues removing it. I use the gentle, oil-free Almay eye makeup remover pads and they remove this mascara just fine. I don't have to scrub or work at it for any longer than I do with any other mascara. I made sure NOT to get the waterproof (I hate waterproof mascara) & I'm wondering if some of the versions that others got were just improperly packaged.

The only thing I really dislike about this is the packaging. It's just unnecessarily large and difficult to handle.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I came across the Cover Girl Bombshell Volume Mascara as I was scouting for a product that could make my long lashes puff with volume.

In store, the sales assistant put it on nicely, and I did see some lengthening properties. It looked better compared to the other mascara I had on which I tried from another brand and so on a whim, I moved on to make the purchase.

It is not that bad. It made my lashes look nice and lengthy, very black too, but I was really going for volume. Maybe I just have to layer it on and on. The plus side too is that it did not transfer to my lower lashes even when I went to get my eyebrows threaded that day. I usually get teary eyed when I get my brows done. The other mascara? It did transfer on my lower lash line even if it claims that it is waterproof.

People are saying it was a tall order to remove, but I had it just right as I used an oil based makeup remover.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

I love the Lashblast mascara in the orange tube but this is a big NO. For me that is. It's not the waterproof formula but man is it bullet-proof. Can't get it off for no amount of money and I ain't gonna buy a new mascara remover just for this baby. The results were just not worth it. Didn't save the receipt... so see it hitting the trash can....

I love this product! It makes my lashes feel big and sexy. In this product there's a side for the mascara colour, and the other side is a waterproof covering which prevents the mascara from running down your face so you can cry and cry and your mascara will stay perfect! The packaging is very unique and I highly recommend this product to anyone!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Okay yes it is a hassle to remove , if you don't mind spending a little extra time removing your makeup at the end of the day then you shouldn't mind to much, I don't, mostly because I use coconut oil to remove my eye makeup and coconut oil is literally the best makeup remover, anywho other than the difficult removal it works pretty well for me, my lashes are naturally long so what it does is separates and slightly lengthens, the biggest pro is that it does not clump my lashes together and it will literally last all day long, that being said its not a buy again product for me

This mascara gets a bad rap because of the difficult removal but I have never had a problem. After falling in love with the CG lipsticks, I went back to the store and purchased the entire line..foundation, powder, mascara, eyeliner, pretty much everything that looked long wearing. My make up lasts my entire 12 -16 hour work shifts, even inclement weather. All you need to do is rub some coconut oil in circular downward motions and go over it with a hot wet washcloth and its gone. 0 trace of this left and my eyelashes are intact, then I use olay 7 in 1 citrus in the shower and my face is completely clean and make up free. The only gripe I have with this is that I have small almond shaped eyes and I have to apply very slowly. If any of this gets on my lid, this thing will not budge. So lippie removed for that and the super bulky packaging, it looks like a pink flashlight. Also, it costs more than what I usually like to spend on a DS mascara. I would probably repurchase though, if on sale or with a coupon.

This mascara looks beautiful on.
I don't think it lives up to the "bombshell volume" title, but your lashes will be well defined and have a gloriously glossy dark shade of true black.

However, with that two step process .... I was expecting my lashes to look longer and thicker.
Nope.

And OH GOD the hassle to get it all off? Gently? Forget about it.

Step one:usual all over makeup remover.
Step two:usual favourite gets everything off eye makeup remover.
Hm.. mascara is still on.
Step three: repeated eye makeup remover
Started to budge ever so slightly.
Step four: makeup remover AGAIN with holding cotton on a lot longer.
Argh. Panic sets in.
Step five: Reach for the coconut oil
Looks at face in mirror.
All hope is lost
Went to bed
Washed the rest off in the morning.

I AM A BUSY PERSON. I don't have time for this.
I'll use it in emergencies now... but only side number 1.
That makes it a bit easier to get off.

Just received this in the mail as a sample and was super excited because it's full sized and the packaging looked really cute.

And I just tried it and I can honestly say this mascara SUCKS!!!!!

It stuck my eyelashes together, does not look flattering at ALL, no volume, literally just made my lashes go down the moment I applied the second step mascara, and I am just really disappointed in this. Looks clumpy and my lashes are just all over the place in different directions.

I do not recommend it and am throwing this thing out.

This mascara is a nightmare to remove. I used it several times and it never really seemed to come off completely. I tried several different makeup remover products that have always seemed to work for other mascara and it would not work for this one. I lost eyelashes in the process to the point one eye is missing about 3/4 of the lashes. I have never had this happen before in all my 25 years of wearing makeup almost daily. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!! It is very sticky and caused my lashes to clump together immediately.

(Sorry for my English, I speak French)

So, I bought this mascara after watching a YouTube video of Shaaanxo. In this video, she was saying how much she was IN LOOOVE with this mascara. I went to the drugstore and realized the mascara was on sale, so I bought it.

I really loved the results. The mascara did a great job overall (for me). On the packaging, it says it'll last all day, and it did. It's good, 'cause I hate when my mascara smudges during the day! For those who say that it's impossible to take the mascara off, I have some tricks for you:

1) First, before I put the Bombshell mascara, I put a light coat of regular mascara (not waterproof!). This way, the Bomshell mascara doesn't set directly on your lashes.

2) When I wash my face, I use sweet almond oil (not too much) on a cotton pad. I put the cotton pad on my eye for like 5 seconds and then I gently go down towards my cheek. It really helps. Repeat that step as much as you think is necessary. DO NOT RUB!

3) Then, with my eyes still closed (to not open your eyes, if not, the sweet almond oil will go into your eyes and your sight will become blurred), I use a cotton pad soaked with micellar water to take off the excess of sweet almond oil and mascara (I use the Nivea one). And PEWF!! Gone!! No more mascara.

That's it :)!