December 18, 2014 | 1866 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Bombshell Volume

rated 3 of 5 on 12/18/2014 1:09:00 PM More reviews by dinosaurseatghosts

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I actually really like the effect this gives on my eyelashes but I find it very hard to remove. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2014 10:32:00 AM More reviews by Makeupdove

The formula itself is not bad. It's the brush that is IMPOSSIBLE to use. Because it's a duo mascara, it means the individual brushes are very short. This means that unless you have a perfectly shaped eye, it's basically a nightmare trying to apply the mascara on your inner and outer corners unless you're using the tip and highlghting each individual lash. Also, the 2nd "mascara" is more a tinted finish. However, the 1st part is amazing at seperating clumps, as well as curling. I have no issues with the formulas at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2014 9:52:00 PM More reviews by lovethekings

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

I bought this after asking a friend what she was using for her lashes cause they looked longer than usual. Turns out it was this Bombshell mascara so I bought it to try it out. It's not bad it gives me volume, but not so much length. The thing is hate is that it's SO hard to remove. I never buy waterproof mascaras cause I hate tugging so much at my lashes and I made sure I wasn't buying the waterproof version of this mascara, yet it`s sooo difficult to remove. For this reason I will not repurchase and I`m not even sure I`ll finish this tube.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2014 11:41:00 AM More reviews by dawndie23

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I would take a pass on this mascara. I have been wearing it for a little over 2 months to see if it has any redeeming qualities and can find none.

Starting with the tube/packaging. The tube is too bulky and awkward to maneuver while applying the product. It's too wide, my hands are average sized and I just couldn't apply the mascara with out the tube bumping into my cheek or eyelid. The bristles on the wands are nothing special.....they are a little on the large size. The brush on step one is absolutely too big. All in all I really feel like the 2-sided wand is a bit of a gimmick that really doesn't do anything other than reduce the volume of product you are purchasing.

Formula. I could not see any noticeable difference between step one and step two. Both applied a little dry and both dried like spackle on my lashes. It did not add any discernible volume or length, just color. I think that step one alone works better than using both steps.

This mascara was very difficult to remove....in removing I lost quite a few lashes if I wasn't extremely careful. It also made my lashes feel very brittle if that makes sense....I feel like it weakened my lashes.

I do not recommend this mascara...there are many better options at the drugstore to choose from rather than suffer through the application and removal of this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/21/2014 7:40:00 AM More reviews by laylabronx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the worst mascara I have ever used. I am not sure if I simply got a "bad batch" or what. I received the mascara for free from my position as a cosmetician. I must admit I have never been a fan of Covergirl mascara but because it was free I decided to try it out again. Previous mascaras I tried from them just did not do much for my lashes. This one however clumped my lashes together which I simply fixed with a lash comb and continued on with my day. The mascara does add some volume as promised and seems to hold curl.. But it does make lashes feel crunchy. My biggest issue with this mascara is that it will NOT come off. I tried Vichy Micellar cleanser, Bioderma Micellar Cleanser, La Roche Posay individual eye makeup removers, Neutrogena makeup remover and BKamins Vegetable Cleanser and there is still product clumping my lashes together. All of these products are meant to remove mascara/eye makeup. And most of them are designed for waterproof products. My eyelids are swollen from scrubbing at my lashes and I am sure I have lost lots of healthy lashes from it. I normally would not scrub around my eye area but I was desperate I just want this mascara off of my eyes. So I used a cotton pad and cleanser vigorously and I am still stuck with some on my lashes. I do not have sensitive skin and have never experienced such a strange problem before. I gave the packaging two lippies because it is an appealing looking product and the price four because like all mascaras it is a great price. However I highly recommend if anyone else decides to try this they don't. Or if you do be prepared to spend hours taking it off.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/10/2014 6:02:00 PM More reviews by makeupaddict92

Received a sample of this mascara and thank god I did not actually buy it! I wore it once and the 1st step actually looked good, but the 2nd step kind of weighed down my lashes and made them lose their curl. My lashes were very stiff afterwards compared to any other mascara I've used. My biggest problem with this mascara is the removal. IT DOESN'T COME OFF! I had to scrub at my eyes and use 2 different makeup removers to finally get it off (Pond's cold cream seemed to do the trick). Typically when you just rub water onto your eyes the mascara starts to come off.. this mascara does not budge at all. The size of the mascara is also way too big..I don't think it's necessary. I generally like Covergirl mascaras so this was such a disappointment :/ It's going right to the garbage.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2014 10:56:00 AM More reviews by staceymercer17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this because of all the hype on Youtube about it. I have only used it a few times so I cannot comment on the actual mascara, but LORD, I've realized that I HATE double ended mascaras! What a waste of time. I am normally trying to do my makeup in a hurry for work. Who has time to deal with both sides? NOT ME! Not to mention the packaging is HUGE. Is that necessary? I wouldn't care if this was the best mascara in the world, I hate the packaging so much that I would never repurchase!

Update: The mascara is "okay" but it's so hard to come off, even with my eye make-up remover. I've also noticed I'm actually losing lashes. I hate this mascara! I don't know if I can even use it all up.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2014 2:28:00 PM More reviews by missrenf

WORST MASCARA EVER! Okay? I bought this because it was cheap, and I heard a big hype over it in the commercials. Decided to give it a shot.. Worst mistake of my life...... I couldn't get the stuff off!!!! It even made ALL of my eyelashes fall out the next day..... My cheeks were covered with eyelashes.... A MONTH BEFORE MY PAGEANT TO! I was completely bald on my eyelids! No other mascara has done that to me..... My lashes used to be long and had volume, I just needed a pick me up. Now... 6 months later, they're still not as great as they were.. They've grown in thin, weak, and brittle... No length or volume at all......... Worst mistake of my life.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/2/2014 2:52:00 PM More reviews by charmy27

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Probably the worst mascara I've ever used. My boyfriend bought it for me at shoppers for 12$ when it first came out and I was super excited. When we got home I took off my makeup and tried this.
It's clumpy, the step 1 brush is so huge that the mascara would end up on my eyelids. The step two part just added more clumps so my eyelashes looked like spider legs.
The end result was clumpy, spidery, eyelashes that were all stuck together there was no separation at all. And to make matters worse, when I went to take it off with my wp makeup remover, it took a painful 5 minutes and I lost a bunch of eyelashes.
I will never repurchase

rated 1 of 5 on 10/24/2014 11:01:00 PM More reviews by Kbe8488

I usually don't write reviews, but this mascara is terrible. Absolutely terrible. It is extremely messy when applying, it ends up all over my eyelids for some reason even when being very careful (other mascaras don't do that). Immediately after applying even a small amount, it becomes dry and super stiff and leaves your lashes exactly how they are, which is all bunched together and poking straight out. Does not help with curl or length, even when using an eyelash curler. The applicator to the 1 side is too large. 2 makes them even more stiff and this mascara is extremely hard to get off. Even oils don't remove it fully and you still have stiff, stuck together lashes. My eyelashes hurt and bothered me all day the ONE day I wore it. It went out the window into a trash can.