August 27, 2014 | 1802 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Bombshell Volume

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2014 1:31:00 PM More reviews by schroeder

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this mascara! Finally, my lashes look thick and long. As for people complaining that its hard to come off......I love that it stays on all day. Yes, you do need to use an eye maye-up remover to remove it but what's the point of a mascara that comes off easily.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/26/2014 9:23:00 AM More reviews by bodmin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The worst mascara I have ever used! Like others, I could not get this stuff off, even with make up remover! I am still trying to get it off the next day. The packaging is pretty good but that's the only positive thing I can say. I won't be buying this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2014 10:54:00 PM More reviews by veronicafrench

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I think this mascara delivers what it promises. It definitely gives more volume and length. I have not had a problem removing it at all and don't know why there are so many reviews saying that it won't come off. Also, it does stay on all day with no smudging or flaking.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2014 5:57:00 PM More reviews by CrystalJean

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Above video tells you how to put it on and take it off. Easy, peasy :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2014 11:46:00 PM More reviews by lynsaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Amazing mascara, it really added volume and length to my eye lashes. Yes, it is a little bit hard to take off but that does not change my overall rating because it still works really well and stays on all day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2014 12:35:00 PM More reviews by eq2008

I don't think it's fair to give bad ratings for product because it's harder to remove than most mascaras out there. I am going to base my review solely on the performance of this product.

The first step is for separation of lashes and tint it a bit. What's so amazing about this mascara is the second step. It's makes my lashes so dark and long and shiny. It's a bit tacky at first application and you can sort of feel it when you blink your eyes but after a minute, it dries and it stays on for the day. I remove this with eyemakeup remover at the night without trouble. I used to buy two mascaras to get this look, but now I won't have to. It's a big more pricey than usual but you get two in one tube. I bought mine at stop and shop for $11.99

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2014 10:15:00 PM More reviews by Rainey1

I HATE this mascara!!!! It will not come off!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2014 8:58:00 PM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

To start, what gets me the most about the low rating and the bad reviews is that they seem to be mostly based on people not being able to remove it. Why? The directions on the back of the package say to use eye makeup remover. It does say Cover Girl remover, but the basis of the instruction is that you need to make eye makeup remover. I use cheap old Avon eye makeup remover, which I pay .99 cents for, and it comes right off. No rubbing, no losing eyelashes, no problem. So maybe try that.

As for the performance of the mascara itself, I am very happy with it. I used to have thick, wonderful eyelashes. As I have gotten older, they have thinned out considerably. This mascara makes them look amazingly thick. I have actually received compliments on how great my lashes look while using this, and it has been years since anyone told me I have nice lashes.

So I am pretty darn happy with it.

If you are going to be put off by the bad reviews, just keep in mind that most of them are about difficulty with removal, and if you use an actual eye makeup remover, you should be fine.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2014 2:35:00 PM More reviews by cstrickland121

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is TERRIBLE! Not only is it so hard to remove (including loss of lashes), it is sticky! It's like it never dried. Every time I blink my lashes stick together. What a waste of my money.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2014 10:26:00 AM More reviews by cheyannebrady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Such a disappointment! When I put it on, it is so sticky my eye lashes stick together when I blink. it also makes my eyes burn. Once it drys, it is hard and stif. The most frustrating part is, it WILL NOT COME OFF! Even with eyemakeup remover, I am left with a crusty mess on my lashes!