April 17, 2014 | 1970 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Bombshell Volume

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2014 10:49:00 PM More reviews by DevonIsla

This mascara makes my lashes look long and voluminous but makes them really hard and when I try to take it off I feel like I'm ripping my eyelashes out. You should have a VERY good eye makeup remover if you want to purchase this mascara.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/13/2014 4:57:00 PM More reviews by JuliaDominick

I made the mistake of buying this before reading reviews, even though I should know better by now. This stuff was a waste of time and money. First off, the packaging is HUGE, and the wand is nowhere near long enough to reach all of my lashes without getting the product everywhere. I made a mess every time I tried to apply it. Secondly, the product itself does nothing that it claims to do; Side #1 is nothing more than garden-variety Lashblast. The second side, which is supposed to be "intensifying", was nothing of the sort. I could see no distinguishable difference after applying it. This stuff didn't really volumize or lengthen; all it did was darken my lashes and lift them up a bit.
Side note: Be sure to never, *ever* apply step 2 by itself. The stuff is bulletproof. I decided to experiment with it earlier this week, just to see what it was like by itself... and it would *not* come off completely. Not in the shower, not with remover, not with scrubbing with baby oil. It took approximately 3 days to come off completely, and not without losing a few lashes in the process. Beware.
I was really hoping to like this product, but it was a complete and utter fail. Back to the drawing board...

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2014 7:29:00 AM More reviews by teeisblue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So first the good - this gives pumped up, gorgeous party lashes, just what I want. Dries fairly quickly. The meh - is giant packaging, for whatever reason. The Step 2 can clump lashes together if you apply more than one coat, which I did accidentally you know, while trying to get another section of lashes. Also if you blink before it dries, your top & bottom laahes stick together. The bad - this stuff is nearly impossible to remove. The best way I've found is glob Vaseline on my eye, let it sit, wipe with a cotton round, then wipe with a baby wipe. Doesn't SOUND so bad, but I wear contacts and hate putting Vaseline on my eyes. In conclusion this is a fantastic looking mascara, but the removal process is a deal-breaker for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2014 2:11:00 AM More reviews by pictureperfect09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Just no.

The packaging is so (unnecessarily) bulky, I don't know why I bought it in the first place.
One side is a traditional mascara wand and the other is a plastic spiky one like LashBlast Volume... nothing revolutionary.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/6/2014 9:36:00 PM More reviews by ceeryan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Y U DO ME LIKE THAT, COVER GIRL?! :(

I was a Cover Girl Lashblast faithful for years, but decided it was time to expand my horizons.. and lashes. NAILED IT. (Sorry, exhausted.) Anyway, it looked like one end of this dual-sided wand was the same brush and formula as my beloved Lashblast, and the other side claimed to intesify and lengthen, so it sounded perfect.

Wrong. So very wrong. First thing I noticed, besides the fact that the thing is the size of a police baton, is that the tube doesn't make that great little *plop* noise that Lashblast and most mascaras make when you take the wand out, at least when they're new. Second red flag was that it's so bulky, I couldn't find a way to hold it & apply without the wand hitting my temple and getting product everywhere. It barely looked like I had any mascara on after the first coat, and the second coat just immediately clumped up.

Things really went south when I applied the "intensifying" Step 2 coat. Clumps were now congregating into bigger clumps and battling each other for power over the optic region. Mass casualties.

It takes up half your makeup bag, it applies terribly, and oh yea - save time and just snip your eyelashes off and grow new ones. This shit is not coming off.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2014 5:15:00 PM More reviews by ItsMeStephD

So this product is okay. I love the way it mAkes my eye lashes look. It makes them look more natural. The mascara itself lasts all day without the need to reapply. The major downfalls with the mascara are it is impossible to wash off and it takes forever to day even of you wait 5 minutes between applying the 2nd step.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2014 7:12:00 AM More reviews by Angelseleena

I don't like it. I was actually really disappointed cause I saw so many videos of people talking about how mch they like this. It does absolutely nothing for my lashes which are an okay length but very dense. I know it says volumizing but most people have talked about getting length. It gave me barely any length and my lashes didn't look volumized at all. They looked super seperated and natural which is not what I like with my mascara. If I'm wearing it, I like noticeable results. The price was expensive where I'm from but the packaging is kind of cute. Too bulky though. Disappointed.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2014 6:31:00 PM More reviews by MichelleAmanda

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just bought this, it ok.....I find it takes a lot of eye makeup remover to get off, and even still in the am I have some smudging.Not a fav!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by LexiMillsap

I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this mascara. It gives me both volume and length. I learned about this mascara after watching Kandee Johnson's YouTube video comparing it to benefit's They're Real, and I just had to have it. I don't understand some of the other reviews claiming that "it's difficult to use because the base is very wide or chubby and the wands are short." I find it very easy, and even prefer it to a traditional wand. And for all of the reviews claiming it's hard to get off, I find it easy to get off with the neutrogena makeup remover wipes. Here's a tip for getting it off: hold the wipe (or you could try a makeup remover soaked cotton ball/pad) on your eye lashes for a while- this works best if you put the wipe on the inside of your lashes- and then rub the mascara off. Repeat the process as many times as you need until it's off. This works very well for me. For the reviews claiming it doesn't give them volume: first, curl your eyelashes. Second, take the mascara side that says 1 on it and apply one coat to each eye. Repeat twice. Third, take side 2 and apply a light coat to each eye. And that's how you do it. I hope I helped anyone who was having difficulties with this mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/24/2014 2:47:00 PM More reviews by Mhoelzer2988

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of the worst mascaras I've ever used! It gives NO volume and it clumps. I couldn't even finish the tube . I had to buy a different kind. I'll be sticking with loreal mascara until something better comes along. It's also so hard to get off and I use eye makeup remover which normally removes my mascara but not this one!