November 26, 2014 | 1310 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Bombshell Volume

rated 1 of 5 on 11/21/2014 7:40:00 AM More reviews by laylabronx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the worst mascara I have ever used. I am not sure if I simply got a "bad batch" or what. I received the mascara for free from my position as a cosmetician. I must admit I have never been a fan of Covergirl mascara but because it was free I decided to try it out again. Previous mascaras I tried from them just did not do much for my lashes. This one however clumped my lashes together which I simply fixed with a lash comb and continued on with my day. The mascara does add some volume as promised and seems to hold curl.. But it does make lashes feel crunchy. My biggest issue with this mascara is that it will NOT come off. I tried Vichy Micellar cleanser, Bioderma Micellar Cleanser, La Roche Posay individual eye makeup removers, Neutrogena makeup remover and BKamins Vegetable Cleanser and there is still product clumping my lashes together. All of these products are meant to remove mascara/eye makeup. And most of them are designed for waterproof products. My eyelids are swollen from scrubbing at my lashes and I am sure I have lost lots of healthy lashes from it. I normally would not scrub around my eye area but I was desperate I just want this mascara off of my eyes. So I used a cotton pad and cleanser vigorously and I am still stuck with some on my lashes. I do not have sensitive skin and have never experienced such a strange problem before. I gave the packaging two lippies because it is an appealing looking product and the price four because like all mascaras it is a great price. However I highly recommend if anyone else decides to try this they don't. Or if you do be prepared to spend hours taking it off.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/10/2014 6:02:00 PM More reviews by makeupaddict92

Received a sample of this mascara and thank god I did not actually buy it! I wore it once and the 1st step actually looked good, but the 2nd step kind of weighed down my lashes and made them lose their curl. My lashes were very stiff afterwards compared to any other mascara I've used. My biggest problem with this mascara is the removal. IT DOESN'T COME OFF! I had to scrub at my eyes and use 2 different makeup removers to finally get it off (Pond's cold cream seemed to do the trick). Typically when you just rub water onto your eyes the mascara starts to come off.. this mascara does not budge at all. The size of the mascara is also way too big..I don't think it's necessary. I generally like Covergirl mascaras so this was such a disappointment :/ It's going right to the garbage.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2014 10:56:00 AM More reviews by staceymercer17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this because of all the hype on Youtube about it. I have only used it a few times so I cannot comment on the actual mascara, but LORD, I've realized that I HATE double ended mascaras! What a waste of time. I am normally trying to do my makeup in a hurry for work. Who has time to deal with both sides? NOT ME! Not to mention the packaging is HUGE. Is that necessary? I wouldn't care if this was the best mascara in the world, I hate the packaging so much that I would never repurchase!

Update: The mascara is "okay" but it's so hard to come off, even with my eye make-up remover. I've also noticed I'm actually losing lashes. I hate this mascara! I don't know if I can even use it all up.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2014 2:28:00 PM More reviews by missrenf

WORST MASCARA EVER! Okay? I bought this because it was cheap, and I heard a big hype over it in the commercials. Decided to give it a shot.. Worst mistake of my life...... I couldn't get the stuff off!!!! It even made ALL of my eyelashes fall out the next day..... My cheeks were covered with eyelashes.... A MONTH BEFORE MY PAGEANT TO! I was completely bald on my eyelids! No other mascara has done that to me..... My lashes used to be long and had volume, I just needed a pick me up. Now... 6 months later, they're still not as great as they were.. They've grown in thin, weak, and brittle... No length or volume at all......... Worst mistake of my life.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/2/2014 2:52:00 PM More reviews by charmy27

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Probably the worst mascara I've ever used. My boyfriend bought it for me at shoppers for 12$ when it first came out and I was super excited. When we got home I took off my makeup and tried this.
It's clumpy, the step 1 brush is so huge that the mascara would end up on my eyelids. The step two part just added more clumps so my eyelashes looked like spider legs.
The end result was clumpy, spidery, eyelashes that were all stuck together there was no separation at all. And to make matters worse, when I went to take it off with my wp makeup remover, it took a painful 5 minutes and I lost a bunch of eyelashes.
I will never repurchase

rated 1 of 5 on 10/24/2014 11:01:00 PM More reviews by Kbe8488

I usually don't write reviews, but this mascara is terrible. Absolutely terrible. It is extremely messy when applying, it ends up all over my eyelids for some reason even when being very careful (other mascaras don't do that). Immediately after applying even a small amount, it becomes dry and super stiff and leaves your lashes exactly how they are, which is all bunched together and poking straight out. Does not help with curl or length, even when using an eyelash curler. The applicator to the 1 side is too large. 2 makes them even more stiff and this mascara is extremely hard to get off. Even oils don't remove it fully and you still have stiff, stuck together lashes. My eyelashes hurt and bothered me all day the ONE day I wore it. It went out the window into a trash can.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2014 9:42:00 AM More reviews by spikester

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is just AWFUL. I can't believe CG put out this product. Didn't they test this on people before they came out with it? If they did, they would have realized one huge problem. This stuff is literally black glue and almost as strong as super glue. It literally bonds to your lashes and it nearly impossible to get off without ripping off eyelashes too. It is much worse than any waterproof mascara to get off. I tried so hard to get it all off last night but there was still more to get off this morning. Then, the worst part is that my eyes had a terrible reaction to some ingredient in it and swelled up and became red and itchy. Whatever ingredient they put in this to make it last forever (and it does last forever because it is super glued to your lashes) caused a terrible allergic reaction. This is the worst product I have ever tried. It really is zero stars. Not even a one.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2014 2:02:00 AM More reviews by Kateespy

After applying this product immediately my eyes began to itch and swell. The next morning my eyes were completely red, irritated and swollen! I have always used many Covergirl waterproof mascaras. And I can not understand why this mascara has caused my eyes to become red, itchy and swell. If I could paste a picture of my eyes you can see the irritation. I will never again buy another of Covergirl's product!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2014 9:20:00 PM More reviews by ShellyB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I actually have nothing but good to say about this mascara. I paid $8.99 for it at Target. The packaging is large but I don't have a problem maneuvering the wand. I love the pink tube. The product is easy to apply, does not clump, smudge or flake and lasts all day. I am able to easily remove it using a makeup remover wipe at the end of the day. I would most likely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2014 10:35:00 AM More reviews by MiddleCyclone

I am also surprised at the high number of negative reviews for this mascara due everyone saying it's so impossible to remove. I removed it using a lotion consistency eye makeup remover and it came off very easily. It says right on the package that it needs to be removed using the Cover Girl brand eye makeup remover which I know from experience is very greasy so I'm inclined to think that if you use a lotion type or more greasy / oil type eye makeup remover it'll remove fine.

My other thoughts on this:

Pros-

- it lasts all through the workday and a workout
- it provides clump free volume similar to the regular Lash Blast
- the black color is rich and dramatic
- it's decently priced
- it doesn't smudge / smear while applying

Cons-

- it is difficult to put on just as the wand is short and the tube is wide
- it's a bit deceiving as the package looks big though there's not really a lot of product in it

Overall I'd say this is a good mascara, not amazing though not awful either. I'm undecided if I will repurchase based entirely on the 'difficult to put on' factor.