Cover Girl Bombshell Volume

2.5

on 4/7/2015 2:45:00 PM

(Sorry for my English, I speak French)

So, I bought this mascara after watching a YouTube video of Shaaanxo. In this video, she was saying how much she was IN LOOOVE with this mascara. I went to the drugstore and realized the mascara was on sale, so I bought it.

I really loved the results. The mascara did a great job overall (for me). On the packaging, it says it'll last all day, and it did. It's good, 'cause I hate when my mascara smudges during the day! For those who say that it's impossible to take the mascara off, I have some tricks for you:

1) First, before I put the Bombshell mascara, I put a light coat of regular mascara (not waterproof!). This way, the Bomshell mascara doesn't set directly on your lashes.

2) When I wash my face, I use sweet almond oil (not too much) on a cotton pad. I put the cotton pad on my eye for like 5 seconds and then I gently go down towards my cheek. It really helps. Repeat that step as much as you think is necessary. DO NOT RUB!

3) Then, with my eyes still closed (to not open your eyes, if not, the sweet almond oil will go into your eyes and your sight will become blurred), I use a cotton pad soaked with micellar water to take off the excess of sweet almond oil and mascara (I use the Nivea one). And PEWF!! Gone!! No more mascara.

That's it :)!

on 3/30/2015 6:13:00 PM

I'm going to start by saying that I was given this mascara for free by a friend, so my experience with it is a little more positive than most peoples'. I'm not so sure I would spend around $10 for this mascara, especially since I could get a deluxe sample of a higher end mascara for that price.

Most of the reviews make it seem like this is the worst mascara ever created, and it's definitely far from perfect, but for me it's not all bad.

I've never used the original LB in the orange tube, just the green Clump Crusher, but many have described the Step 1 brush as being similar to the OG LashBlast brush. When I put the first step on, I immediately noticed my lashes were longer and fuller. Almost as dramatic as when I use Benefit's They're Real. It may also be the fact that I was using a brand new tube of mascara, so anything would be an improvement over my three month old mascara that I've been using. I could've stopped after Step 1 and been happy, but I tried Step 2. A lot of reviews mentioned that this step makes your lashes sticky and clumpy, but honestly I didn't notice it doing much of anything, good or bad. In the future I'll probably skip this step and see if I like it better.

After wearing it for a few hours your lashes feel a bit stiff, which to me isn't necessarily a bad thing because I associate that stiffness with more dramatic lashes. Again, Benefit They're Real makes my lashes even more stiff.

When it was time to remove the mascara, yes, it was a lot more difficult than it should've been for a non-waterproof mascara. I first tried holding a cotton pad of semi-solid coconut oil over my lashes for a few seconds then wiping, and not much product seemed to come off. I then took a shower and tried the coconut oil/cotton pad trick again. After some rubbing with my fingers, I got most, if not all, of it off. Luckily I didn't lose any lashes in the process.

TL;DR: In my opinion, it's not as horrible as people have been saying because it does make your lashes look full and long, but it is pretty difficult to remove, and it is expensive for a drugstore mascara.

on 3/24/2015 9:15:00 PM

I'm in love with this product. It really separates my lashes and people always ask if I'm wearing false lashes!

on 3/20/2015 6:04:00 PM

I was looking for a new mascara since the mascara I usually use is expensive and it just wasn't doing it for me anymore. I went to Target since all of their stores are closing down in Canada and I found this mascara. Since Target is closing down, I got this mascara for only $2 so I decided to take a chance on it. When I got home, I realized I bought the brown one. Even though I prefer black mascaras, I was fine with having the brown one. When I tried it out for the first time, I noticed it was kind of messy to apply. I also noticed it was so easy to clump. It does make my short little straight lashes longer and slightly curled so I'll give it that. I don't believe this mascara is absolutely terrible but I wouldn't buy it again.

I LOVE this mascara. Mascara is one of the makeup products that I buy a lot of, and of all the brands I've tried I like this one the best. It makes my eyelashes look very long and dark, it's very buildable, not clumpy (as long as you brush through each coat carefully) and never looks overdone.

on 3/5/2015 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I was worried about this mascara as i bought it excitedly and then read all the bad reviews online after i looked it up. Well i tried it for the first time today and i loved the way it looked. Then it was time to take it off and i was a bit worried. I used garnier clean sensitive 2 in 1 makeup remover and soaked a cotton pad and it came off no problem with a couple of gentle wipes and NO eyelashes lost. I signed up to this website just to let people know that for me it came off very easily. You need to use an oil based liquid eye makeup remover and be very GENTLE. Makeup wipes don't work.
Love the packaging. Love the oversized hot pink tube. I love that it's 2 in 1 as i normally use 2 mascaras at once anyway.
The only reason it gets 4 stars and not 5 is because in Australia it costs $22 and like $9 everywhere else.......

on 3/3/2015 10:52:00 AM

This is an instance where I should have read reviews online before purchasing. After using for three days, the eyelashes on my left eye have now fallen out. After thinking something was terribly wrong, I remembered that I had changed mascaras, I Googled complaints about CoverGirls Bombshell mascara and discovered that this had happened to others. DO NOT try this mascara! It may cost you your lashes. I was advised it may take up to 8 weeks for them to grow back.

I got this for Christmas and was so excited, I had been using the big eye mascara but it was starting to dry out. I only use the side one, because once you add on side two to the side one, it is a pain in the butt to take off! It took me multiple makeup removers to take it off. And the only other con would be that it is kind of difficult to apply since it is huge! But otherwise, it isn't clumpy, and looks great! Love it. But the price is a little high for mascara but.... 👍👍👍

on 2/24/2015 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral

The ONLY positive thing about this mascara is that when you die at 89 years old, the mortician won't have to put mascara on you...you will still be wearing the same mascara you applied when you were 28.

0___o

Seriously. This stuff doesn't come off. EVER. After days and multiple applications of baby oil and makeup remover, it wouldn't budge. I ended up picking and peeling it off until I ripped out a bunch of lashes.

It is literally like black asphalt tar super glue. STAY AWAY!!!!! You will NEVER get it off!!! My eyes got red, sore, and bloodshot from literally days of trying every makeup removing technique known to man to get this crap OFF. HORRIBLE!!!!!

on 2/22/2015 10:23:00 AM

Ok, I seriously don't understand all the hate on this product. I'll admit it does take a little work to take off, but a little coconut oil does the trick! I love this mascara because I have SHORT BLONDE eyelashes, and sort of small eyes, so when I saw this product on sale at CVS for like $8 I figured I'd give it a shot and I'm so glad I did. After I curl my lashes, I put a few coats of step one then step 2 and whabam! It looks awesome! It literally lasts all day long, from 7am to 2am with no touch-ups! The only drawbacks I have is with the design of the brush, it would be better if the wand was a tad longer and the brush a tad shorter. Also I make sure I give it a good dab off inside the rim to prevent clumping. But overall this really is a great mascara for short lashes, just take your time with some coconut oil and it'll get it off easy peasy!

Video Reviews & Tutorials