October 25, 2014 | 891 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Bombshell Volume

rated 1 of 5 on 10/24/2014 11:01:00 PM More reviews by Kbe8488

I usually don't write reviews, but this mascara is terrible. Absolutely terrible. It is extremely messy when applying, it ends up all over my eyelids for some reason even when being very careful (other mascaras don't do that). Immediately after applying even a small amount, it becomes dry and super stiff and leaves your lashes exactly how they are, which is all bunched together and poking straight out. Does not help with curl or length, even when using an eyelash curler. The applicator to the 1 side is too large. 2 makes them even more stiff and this mascara is extremely hard to get off. Even oils don't remove it fully and you still have stiff, stuck together lashes. My eyelashes hurt and bothered me all day the ONE day I wore it. It went out the window into a trash can.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2014 9:42:00 AM More reviews by spikester

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is just AWFUL. I can't believe CG put out this product. Didn't they test this on people before they came out with it? If they did, they would have realized one huge problem. This stuff is literally black glue and almost as strong as super glue. It literally bonds to your lashes and it nearly impossible to get off without ripping off eyelashes too. It is much worse than any waterproof mascara to get off. I tried so hard to get it all off last night but there was still more to get off this morning. Then, the worst part is that my eyes had a terrible reaction to some ingredient in it and swelled up and became red and itchy. Whatever ingredient they put in this to make it last forever (and it does last forever because it is super glued to your lashes) caused a terrible allergic reaction. This is the worst product I have ever tried. It really is zero stars. Not even a one.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2014 2:02:00 AM More reviews by Kateespy

After applying this product immediately my eyes began to itch and swell. The next morning my eyes were completely red, irritated and swollen! I have always used many Covergirl waterproof mascaras. And I can not understand why this mascara has caused my eyes to become red, itchy and swell. If I could paste a picture of my eyes you can see the irritation. I will never again buy another of Covergirl's product!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2014 9:20:00 PM More reviews by ShellyB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I actually have nothing but good to say about this mascara. I paid $8.99 for it at Target. The packaging is large but I don't have a problem maneuvering the wand. I love the pink tube. The product is easy to apply, does not clump, smudge or flake and lasts all day. I am able to easily remove it using a makeup remover wipe at the end of the day. I would most likely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2014 10:35:00 AM More reviews by MiddleCyclone

I am also surprised at the high number of negative reviews for this mascara due everyone saying it's so impossible to remove. I removed it using a lotion consistency eye makeup remover and it came off very easily. It says right on the package that it needs to be removed using the Cover Girl brand eye makeup remover which I know from experience is very greasy so I'm inclined to think that if you use a lotion type or more greasy / oil type eye makeup remover it'll remove fine.

My other thoughts on this:

Pros-

- it lasts all through the workday and a workout
- it provides clump free volume similar to the regular Lash Blast
- the black color is rich and dramatic
- it's decently priced
- it doesn't smudge / smear while applying

Cons-

- it is difficult to put on just as the wand is short and the tube is wide
- it's a bit deceiving as the package looks big though there's not really a lot of product in it

Overall I'd say this is a good mascara, not amazing though not awful either. I'm undecided if I will repurchase based entirely on the 'difficult to put on' factor.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2014 10:41:00 PM More reviews by Sspony12345

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!!!! At first I loved the volume and color, until I tried to take it off. I tried for TWO HOURS to get it off and it barely budged. The next day I went into Nordstrom and asked them to try to get it off and they tried for 30 minutes, still nothing. I tried every internet cure and still nothing. It's been 2 weeks and I've tried everything multiple times and I now have no eye lashes WHATSOEVER, they all fell out because I could never get it off. Being an 18 year old girl with no eye lashes sucks, so PLEASE for your own sake AVOID THIS ATROCIOUS PRODUCT.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2014 10:25:00 AM More reviews by msbluestone13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I usually love covergirl mascaras.. this one sucked. For being called bombshell--it didnt do much at all :-/ the tube is huge.. step 1 should really be step 2 in my opinion. If I use step 2 first--my lashes r somewhat "bombshell-y" if I use it as directed, it doesn't do anything for me at all. They should ve called lash blast "bombshell" since it works better then this stuff :-/

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2014 12:43:00 AM More reviews by Princesa7

This one is a huge fail!!!!!

I get a tiny bit of volume from this but nothing noticeable.....when I 1st picked this up when it came out I used it and at one point my husband asked how come I wasn't wearing mascara? lol

Otherwise it does come off easy but no way is this a repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/13/2014 1:22:00 PM More reviews by coloryouclingto

LAME. What it does: makes your lashes look black. More length? No. More volume? No. Also, the brushes are WAY TOO LARGE. The tube itself is too large, too. It's just unwieldy.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/10/2014 12:06:00 AM More reviews by jessdh44

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have used about a bazillion different types of mascaras, and I always have pretty good luck with them, because I have naturally long lashes to begin with. This stuff just did not work for me at all. It gives OK length and curl, but it's not very volumizing for me. I personally prefer a very dramatic eye look. I do like how it does not clump up or flake, I like the cute pink bottle, and I had no problems removing it, (CVS brand exfoliating makeup remover wipes), but it smudged under my eyes really bad! I NEVER have problems with mascara smudging. And the worst part was, it stuck in my under eye makeup terribly, so I had smeary makeup under my eyes all day from trying to fix it. Maybe this a product for someone who prefers a little more natural look, but still wants a bit of length and whatnot. Oh, and I think the concept of having lengthening on one end, and volumizing on another, is very nice! It would probably be wonderful with a better formula. Overall, IMO, it's just a mediocre product and I will not repurchase! :(