Cover Girl Bombshell Volume

2.5

on 8/24/2015 6:57:00 PM

I love this product! It makes my lashes feel big and sexy. In this product there's a side for the mascara colour, and the other side is a waterproof covering which prevents the mascara from running down your face so you can cry and cry and your mascara will stay perfect! The packaging is very unique and I highly recommend this product to anyone!

on 8/12/2015 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Okay yes it is a hassle to remove , if you don't mind spending a little extra time removing your makeup at the end of the day then you shouldn't mind to much, I don't, mostly because I use coconut oil to remove my eye makeup and coconut oil is literally the best makeup remover, anywho other than the difficult removal it works pretty well for me, my lashes are naturally long so what it does is separates and slightly lengthens, the biggest pro is that it does not clump my lashes together and it will literally last all day long, that being said its not a buy again product for me

on 7/31/2015 9:38:00 PM

This mascara gets a bad rap because of the difficult removal but I have never had a problem. After falling in love with the CG lipsticks, I went back to the store and purchased the entire line..foundation, powder, mascara, eyeliner, pretty much everything that looked long wearing. My make up lasts my entire 12 -16 hour work shifts, even inclement weather. All you need to do is rub some coconut oil in circular downward motions and go over it with a hot wet washcloth and its gone. 0 trace of this left and my eyelashes are intact, then I use olay 7 in 1 citrus in the shower and my face is completely clean and make up free. The only gripe I have with this is that I have small almond shaped eyes and I have to apply very slowly. If any of this gets on my lid, this thing will not budge. So lippie removed for that and the super bulky packaging, it looks like a pink flashlight. Also, it costs more than what I usually like to spend on a DS mascara. I would probably repurchase though, if on sale or with a coupon.

This mascara looks beautiful on.
I don't think it lives up to the "bombshell volume" title, but your lashes will be well defined and have a gloriously glossy dark shade of true black.

However, with that two step process .... I was expecting my lashes to look longer and thicker.
Nope.

And OH GOD the hassle to get it all off? Gently? Forget about it.

Step one:usual all over makeup remover.
Step two:usual favourite gets everything off eye makeup remover.
Hm.. mascara is still on.
Step three: repeated eye makeup remover
Started to budge ever so slightly.
Step four: makeup remover AGAIN with holding cotton on a lot longer.
Argh. Panic sets in.
Step five: Reach for the coconut oil
Looks at face in mirror.
All hope is lost
Went to bed
Washed the rest off in the morning.

I AM A BUSY PERSON. I don't have time for this.
I'll use it in emergencies now... but only side number 1.
That makes it a bit easier to get off.

Just received this in the mail as a sample and was super excited because it's full sized and the packaging looked really cute.

And I just tried it and I can honestly say this mascara SUCKS!!!!!

It stuck my eyelashes together, does not look flattering at ALL, no volume, literally just made my lashes go down the moment I applied the second step mascara, and I am just really disappointed in this. Looks clumpy and my lashes are just all over the place in different directions.

I do not recommend it and am throwing this thing out.

on 6/30/2015 1:27:00 AM

This mascara is a nightmare to remove. I used it several times and it never really seemed to come off completely. I tried several different makeup remover products that have always seemed to work for other mascara and it would not work for this one. I lost eyelashes in the process to the point one eye is missing about 3/4 of the lashes. I have never had this happen before in all my 25 years of wearing makeup almost daily. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!! It is very sticky and caused my lashes to clump together immediately.

on 4/7/2015 2:45:00 PM

(Sorry for my English, I speak French)

So, I bought this mascara after watching a YouTube video of Shaaanxo. In this video, she was saying how much she was IN LOOOVE with this mascara. I went to the drugstore and realized the mascara was on sale, so I bought it.

I really loved the results. The mascara did a great job overall (for me). On the packaging, it says it'll last all day, and it did. It's good, 'cause I hate when my mascara smudges during the day! For those who say that it's impossible to take the mascara off, I have some tricks for you:

1) First, before I put the Bombshell mascara, I put a light coat of regular mascara (not waterproof!). This way, the Bomshell mascara doesn't set directly on your lashes.

2) When I wash my face, I use sweet almond oil (not too much) on a cotton pad. I put the cotton pad on my eye for like 5 seconds and then I gently go down towards my cheek. It really helps. Repeat that step as much as you think is necessary. DO NOT RUB!

3) Then, with my eyes still closed (to not open your eyes, if not, the sweet almond oil will go into your eyes and your sight will become blurred), I use a cotton pad soaked with micellar water to take off the excess of sweet almond oil and mascara (I use the Nivea one). And PEWF!! Gone!! No more mascara.

That's it :)!

on 3/30/2015 6:13:00 PM

I'm going to start by saying that I was given this mascara for free by a friend, so my experience with it is a little more positive than most peoples'. I'm not so sure I would spend around $10 for this mascara, especially since I could get a deluxe sample of a higher end mascara for that price.

Most of the reviews make it seem like this is the worst mascara ever created, and it's definitely far from perfect, but for me it's not all bad.

I've never used the original LB in the orange tube, just the green Clump Crusher, but many have described the Step 1 brush as being similar to the OG LashBlast brush. When I put the first step on, I immediately noticed my lashes were longer and fuller. Almost as dramatic as when I use Benefit's They're Real. It may also be the fact that I was using a brand new tube of mascara, so anything would be an improvement over my three month old mascara that I've been using. I could've stopped after Step 1 and been happy, but I tried Step 2. A lot of reviews mentioned that this step makes your lashes sticky and clumpy, but honestly I didn't notice it doing much of anything, good or bad. In the future I'll probably skip this step and see if I like it better.

After wearing it for a few hours your lashes feel a bit stiff, which to me isn't necessarily a bad thing because I associate that stiffness with more dramatic lashes. Again, Benefit They're Real makes my lashes even more stiff.

When it was time to remove the mascara, yes, it was a lot more difficult than it should've been for a non-waterproof mascara. I first tried holding a cotton pad of semi-solid coconut oil over my lashes for a few seconds then wiping, and not much product seemed to come off. I then took a shower and tried the coconut oil/cotton pad trick again. After some rubbing with my fingers, I got most, if not all, of it off. Luckily I didn't lose any lashes in the process.

TL;DR: In my opinion, it's not as horrible as people have been saying because it does make your lashes look full and long, but it is pretty difficult to remove, and it is expensive for a drugstore mascara.

on 3/24/2015 9:15:00 PM

I'm in love with this product. It really separates my lashes and people always ask if I'm wearing false lashes!

on 3/20/2015 6:04:00 PM

I was looking for a new mascara since the mascara I usually use is expensive and it just wasn't doing it for me anymore. I went to Target since all of their stores are closing down in Canada and I found this mascara. Since Target is closing down, I got this mascara for only $2 so I decided to take a chance on it. When I got home, I realized I bought the brown one. Even though I prefer black mascaras, I was fine with having the brown one. When I tried it out for the first time, I noticed it was kind of messy to apply. I also noticed it was so easy to clump. It does make my short little straight lashes longer and slightly curled so I'll give it that. I don't believe this mascara is absolutely terrible but I wouldn't buy it again.

Video Reviews & Tutorials