January 31, 2015 | 951 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Bombshell Volume

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2015 11:38:00 AM More reviews by EmilyDawn11

Very bulky and hard to apply. It made my lashes quite long but one wrong move or if you put on just a little too much, it will clump and look aweful. I like that you get two different brushes but this product is so hard to remove!!! Overall i would not buy again, but not the worst mascara ever.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/27/2015 1:29:00 AM More reviews by EleanorJ1992

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I found it really easy to remove, not sure why everyone says it's impossible. That's the only good thing about this mascara. It gives no length, just a lot of clumps. It also dried out super fast. No thanks

rated 1 of 5 on 1/22/2015 10:39:00 AM More reviews by Scorpiobaby96

This mascara is absolutely horrible, I actually went out of my way to come on here & leave this review just for this mascara. Cover girl has reminded me why the lower price range isn't worth any of their prices (but occasionally eye shadow, if that even) not only did it HORRIBLY clump and felt as if it was stale it was IMPOSSIBLE to get off. This is the WORST MASCARA ever

rated 1 of 5 on 1/5/2015 8:53:00 PM More reviews by sherrylcc1986

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Worst mascara I have ever tried. You can't get it off when washing your face or eye makeup remover. Not very much volume and clumps even
Cost to much for this to happen.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2015 11:34:00 PM More reviews by natashik1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

Just like many reviewers have already mentioned: this mascara is a) too bulky and uncomfortable to use; b) doesn't create that much volume; c) has no need for 2 steps as there is no difference; d) hard to remove and yet smudges easily. Just no.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/18/2014 1:09:00 PM More reviews by dinosaurseatghosts

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I actually really like the effect this gives on my eyelashes but I find it very hard to remove. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2014 10:32:00 AM More reviews by Makeupdove

The formula itself is not bad. It's the brush that is IMPOSSIBLE to use. Because it's a duo mascara, it means the individual brushes are very short. This means that unless you have a perfectly shaped eye, it's basically a nightmare trying to apply the mascara on your inner and outer corners unless you're using the tip and highlghting each individual lash. Also, the 2nd "mascara" is more a tinted finish. However, the 1st part is amazing at seperating clumps, as well as curling. I have no issues with the formulas at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2014 9:52:00 PM More reviews by lovethekings

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

I bought this after asking a friend what she was using for her lashes cause they looked longer than usual. Turns out it was this Bombshell mascara so I bought it to try it out. It's not bad it gives me volume, but not so much length. The thing is hate is that it's SO hard to remove. I never buy waterproof mascaras cause I hate tugging so much at my lashes and I made sure I wasn't buying the waterproof version of this mascara, yet it`s sooo difficult to remove. For this reason I will not repurchase and I`m not even sure I`ll finish this tube.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2014 11:41:00 AM More reviews by dawndie23

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I would take a pass on this mascara. I have been wearing it for a little over 2 months to see if it has any redeeming qualities and can find none.

Starting with the tube/packaging. The tube is too bulky and awkward to maneuver while applying the product. It's too wide, my hands are average sized and I just couldn't apply the mascara with out the tube bumping into my cheek or eyelid. The bristles on the wands are nothing special.....they are a little on the large size. The brush on step one is absolutely too big. All in all I really feel like the 2-sided wand is a bit of a gimmick that really doesn't do anything other than reduce the volume of product you are purchasing.

Formula. I could not see any noticeable difference between step one and step two. Both applied a little dry and both dried like spackle on my lashes. It did not add any discernible volume or length, just color. I think that step one alone works better than using both steps.

This mascara was very difficult to remove....in removing I lost quite a few lashes if I wasn't extremely careful. It also made my lashes feel very brittle if that makes sense....I feel like it weakened my lashes.

I do not recommend this mascara...there are many better options at the drugstore to choose from rather than suffer through the application and removal of this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/21/2014 7:40:00 AM More reviews by laylabronx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the worst mascara I have ever used. I am not sure if I simply got a "bad batch" or what. I received the mascara for free from my position as a cosmetician. I must admit I have never been a fan of Covergirl mascara but because it was free I decided to try it out again. Previous mascaras I tried from them just did not do much for my lashes. This one however clumped my lashes together which I simply fixed with a lash comb and continued on with my day. The mascara does add some volume as promised and seems to hold curl.. But it does make lashes feel crunchy. My biggest issue with this mascara is that it will NOT come off. I tried Vichy Micellar cleanser, Bioderma Micellar Cleanser, La Roche Posay individual eye makeup removers, Neutrogena makeup remover and BKamins Vegetable Cleanser and there is still product clumping my lashes together. All of these products are meant to remove mascara/eye makeup. And most of them are designed for waterproof products. My eyelids are swollen from scrubbing at my lashes and I am sure I have lost lots of healthy lashes from it. I normally would not scrub around my eye area but I was desperate I just want this mascara off of my eyes. So I used a cotton pad and cleanser vigorously and I am still stuck with some on my lashes. I do not have sensitive skin and have never experienced such a strange problem before. I gave the packaging two lippies because it is an appealing looking product and the price four because like all mascaras it is a great price. However I highly recommend if anyone else decides to try this they don't. Or if you do be prepared to spend hours taking it off.