September 21, 2014 | 2058 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Bombshell Volume

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2014 10:41:00 PM More reviews by Sspony12345

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!!!! At first I loved the volume and color, until I tried to take it off. I tried for TWO HOURS to get it off and it barely budged. The next day I went into Nordstrom and asked them to try to get it off and they tried for 30 minutes, still nothing. I tried every internet cure and still nothing. It's been 2 weeks and I've tried everything multiple times and I now have no eye lashes WHATSOEVER, they all fell out because I could never get it off. Being an 18 year old girl with no eye lashes sucks, so PLEASE for your own sake AVOID THIS ATROCIOUS PRODUCT.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2014 10:25:00 AM More reviews by msbluestone13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I usually love covergirl mascaras.. this one sucked. For being called bombshell--it didnt do much at all :-/ the tube is huge.. step 1 should really be step 2 in my opinion. If I use step 2 first--my lashes r somewhat "bombshell-y" if I use it as directed, it doesn't do anything for me at all. They should ve called lash blast "bombshell" since it works better then this stuff :-/

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2014 12:43:00 AM More reviews by Princesa7

This one is a huge fail!!!!!

I get a tiny bit of volume from this but nothing noticeable.....when I 1st picked this up when it came out I used it and at one point my husband asked how come I wasn't wearing mascara? lol

Otherwise it does come off easy but no way is this a repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/13/2014 1:22:00 PM More reviews by coloryouclingto

LAME. What it does: makes your lashes look black. More length? No. More volume? No. Also, the brushes are WAY TOO LARGE. The tube itself is too large, too. It's just unwieldy.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/10/2014 12:06:00 AM More reviews by jessdh44

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have used about a bazillion different types of mascaras, and I always have pretty good luck with them, because I have naturally long lashes to begin with. This stuff just did not work for me at all. It gives OK length and curl, but it's not very volumizing for me. I personally prefer a very dramatic eye look. I do like how it does not clump up or flake, I like the cute pink bottle, and I had no problems removing it, (CVS brand exfoliating makeup remover wipes), but it smudged under my eyes really bad! I NEVER have problems with mascara smudging. And the worst part was, it stuck in my under eye makeup terribly, so I had smeary makeup under my eyes all day from trying to fix it. Maybe this a product for someone who prefers a little more natural look, but still wants a bit of length and whatnot. Oh, and I think the concept of having lengthening on one end, and volumizing on another, is very nice! It would probably be wonderful with a better formula. Overall, IMO, it's just a mediocre product and I will not repurchase! :(

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2014 12:28:00 PM More reviews by briannalynnxo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My lashes are pretty sparse from having eyelash extensions done. I am blonde so my eyelashes are pretty light, so I always need a very black mascara & this Covergirl Bombshell mascara is very dark! I purchased it at Walmart for $8.94, which is a bit pricy for mascara for me, but it also is a 2 in 1 mascara. Both sides are pretty small, too. I first tried using the 1, and then 2 as the instructions said, but on me, using the 2nd side made my lashes clumpy. I use just the "1" side and I love it on it's own! It makes them very black with just a few coats, gives length and some pretty good volume! Xoxo

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2014 11:42:00 AM More reviews by tracalang

I really want to like this mascara because the pigment is so black and it really lengthens my lashes. I also love the tube design and color. BUT it is so difficult for me to maneuver the gigantic wands. Maybe it's just me, but I'm always hitting my eyelid which makes it frustrating to apply. This mascara is a no-go for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2014 1:20:00 PM More reviews by Mizsara

Not a great mascara but not a bad mascara either. Pretty Average. It does add volume, but beware it does nothing for length. So when I wear this mascara I have short full lashes. That is not the look I am going for but this mascara doesn't promise length so I can't really complain.
As far as the reviews saying it is super hard to get off - I disagree. I use Neutrogena foaming face wash in the light blue bottle and it comes right off. I don't even use makeup remover.

Overal not worth the $ for me but it may just what someone else is looking for. Worth a try If you hate it - Return it.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/28/2014 12:56:00 PM More reviews by crazyjlyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

{The Packaging}
I'm a sucker for pretty packaging. The big, fat, bright pink tube beckoned me from across the Wal-Mart make-up section while I was innocently picking up another package of makeup removal wipes.

With its 'come hither' packaging, I didn't even stop to check my phone for reviews like I normally would. I just dropped it in my cart, and walked away.

Stunning.

{Application}
Honestly, this mascara a pain in the ass to apply. It was really difficult to maneuver and it felt quite unnatural in my hand. Due to the short wands because of the double packaging, I was unable to reach the inner corner of my lashes very well and it did not leave me with any sense of wow.

{Results}
I definitely prefer a thick, voluminous lash. I dont care much for the long, separated look.

I had no, "wow!" with this one. It was okay at best, basically mediocre. I have many other mascaras that I would definitely reach for first.

{Removal}
It doesn't come off. Simple as that.

The website says, "COVERGIRL's Bombshell mascara wears like a waterproof mascara and as such, should be removed with an oil-based makeup remover product for best results"

So, I tried my favorite eye makeup remover first. Avons Moisture Effective Eye Makeup Remover. Nothing. It smudged... slightly.

Then I tried my Lancome Bi Facil Double Action remover.

Still nothing.

I then got creative.

I grabbed my coconut oil from my kitchen cupboard!

Well, it did a little more, mostly clumped all my lashes together into a couple big spider lashes la 1980's Twiggy.

I was getting desperate. Will this ever come off? Am I going to have to use my finger nails to gently peel the formula off my lashes? What if I accidently pull off my actual lashes? Will I have to wear falsies? Whats going to happen? NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOO this was turning into a nightmare!

I grabbed my EVOO, and took a Q-Tip and dropped big fat splashes of it all over my lashes and let it sit. My eyes burned, they were red, I had oil running down my cheeks, I was scared, and alone and didnt know what the future held.

After about 5 minutes of letting the EVOO sit on my lashes. to amp up the effectiveness, instead of a usual cotton pad, I used one of my make up removal wipes. I slowly places the wipe against my eye and swiped gently downward.

I checked the wipe. OMG there was mascara on it. I checked the mirror, it was starting to come off! I didnt want to get too excited. I was still scared, so I was extra cautious. Little by little, gentle swipe by gentle swipe, Bombshell started lifting and after about 30 minutes was finally fully off my lashes.

I havent used it since.

{Price}
$10.99 at Wal-Mart. Completely reasonable and in line with other drugstore mascaras.

{Final Thoughts}
Mascaras my thing, if the world was taking away my make up... wait. I cant even finish that sentence. Nope. Nuh-uh.

This mascara was mediocre to start with. No wow factor, no thick, luscious lashes and the horrible removal nightmare dropped it even further. It will probably sit in my mascara drawer, untouched, until its time to finally give up the pretty packaging and send it to the garbage.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2014 1:31:00 PM More reviews by schroeder

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this mascara! Finally, my lashes look thick and long. As for people complaining that its hard to come off......I love that it stays on all day. Yes, you do need to use an eye maye-up remover to remove it but what's the point of a mascara that comes off easily.