OPI DS Indulgence

1 review

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

A gorgeous, burnt red-orange, super shimmery foil with a kind of blackened undertone that shows up in some kinds of lighting. Hints of red and orange in the shimmer, and a strong orange glow. In some light, this is full on red. In others, it's more orange.

Application is straightforward, nice formula, though a bit runny. One coat might be sufficient if you're good with a brush, but two coats will definitely give absolute opacity. Removal is pretty typical for a shimmer-foil (lots of tiny glittery bits everywhere, but otherwise fine).

I've heard a few reports that this can stain, and while I haven't experienced that, myself, I recommend making sure you use a good base coat that you know will protect your nails, as this really is a highly pigmented polish with a lot of rich colour.

For me, this colour is beautiful, but not something I'm inclined to wear regularly. It's a little strong for my pale, cool-toned colouring, and it kind of ends up being the polish wearing me, rather than the other way around. It is very, very beautiful, but it's so very shimmery and the colour is so very strong that I think it's really best for special occasions, or someone with a darker skin tone than I have. I do like it, and it makes a lovely pedicure (I can pull of much stronger shimmers and bright, strong colours on my feet for various reasons), but I still hover between keeping this in my collection and putting it in my "give away" box.