December 21, 2014 | 866 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED3

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2014 5:15:00 PM More reviews by coffeecupcake

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I got this palette for just 42 bucks at sephora which is the only reason i purchased it to be honest, I would never pay 54 for it simply because its not as versatile as the first palette. That being said I do like it so far for everyday lools as it is probably the most neutral and soft of all the Naked palettes. The pigmentation is not as great as the other ones, especially with shades like dust, and some colors require a wet brush and digging in to get pigment off the colors, but once builded up the colors are pretty. I think my favorites will be strange,buzz, trick, liar, and factory. Nooner and limit make good transition and blending colors( limit works as a lid color for me almost because my lids are quite dark and deepset compared to my skintone. So really the only truly dud shade is dust, but some other colors are not standouts either.

However as mentioned before, all the colors end up looking similar on the lids, so you cant create as much variety of looks as you can with the first one, but this is a truly neutral palette with a rose/mauve tone in all the colors, so as long as pinks work on your lid it will be a great everyday soft makeup look palette that can also be used heavy handed for smokier and slightly brighter looks. Still not sure if I will keep it but I will give it a fair chance and experiment with it some more. Use concealer, paint pot, or white base on lids depending on how dark your lids are before using and a damp brush to make this work. Avoid if you're super pale with blue eyes as I feel it could make paler eyes look irritated and does not compliment blue eyes as well as coppery shades would.

The packaging is alright, I don't care for the ridges on the front but the color and lettering of Naked 3 are pretty. It's good in that it snaps completely shut but it rattles a lot, is heavier than the first one, and doesn't feel as nice to hold. But I don't care that much about that or anything...

I HATE the fact that it comes with sample pods instead of an actual sample. Who the hell is gonna wanna use a cheap unsanitary packet multiple time? For the price you would expect and actual travel size bottle instead of little pods you could get in a magazine or something...

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2014 9:45:00 PM More reviews by gothicgabby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

NC10, blond, blue eyes

Strange: great matte cream for highlight, a basic that i truly appreciate in a palette

Dust: kind of chunky, glittery light pink, but if used lightly before foundation is can be a great pop of shimmer in the inner corner

Burnout: a bit darker and warmer pink than Dust but still a light shimmery pink. Awesome texture! Great on green eyes!

Limit: A standout e/s from the kit, a matte pinky brown transition shade,PERFECT for a light eye look or a heavy smokey eye. goes really well with any color in this palette, and awesome creamy matte.

Buzz: A dark rose pink with shimmer. haven't played with this one too much, has some fallout but very pigmented

Trick: a stunning rose gold, perfect for blue eyes! lacking a bit in pigmentation, but its so stunning that i can hang

Nooner: a darker pinky brown matte, a great shade to use with limit and again any of the shadows from this palette, also great transition shade if you are darker in skin tone

Liar: (very similar to toasted from UDNaked 1) a mid tone taupe shimmery pink color, a fantastic shade to pop on the lid and blend into the crease and under the eye for an instant smokey!

Factory: a dark, shimmery reddish brown. Stunning as an eyeliner or smudged under the eye for a grunge effect.

Mugshot: a grey taupe. good texture, but not the most exciting

Darkside: a nice off-black brown with a bit of purple, not quite matte but on the eyes it's close enough

Blackheart: a black with red micro shimmer (comes off as dark purpley black) great to smoke out eyeliner and very pigmented and dark for an off-black shade.

overall: this palette is stunning and a must if you enjoy rose gold shades or if you have blue or green eyes. heck even brown peepers look good with this!
Some shadows have fall out, which is why i can't give this a 5/5, but honestly to me it's worth the price tag for the rest of the amazing shadows.
Over and out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2014 6:05:00 AM More reviews by sadiemonster

I'm actually pretty disappointed with this, but as I live in Australia, returning it wouldn't be worthwhile.

I haven't tried the first Naked palette yet, but I've been using Naked2 for a while, and it's great. I read some spin somewhere suggesting the newest palette would be great for paler-skinned girls. I'm very pale, and I love neutral ballet pinks and muted mousey-taupes, so I thought Naked3 would suit me. The Urban Decay website enthusiastically boasts "12 NEVER-BEFORE-SEEN (and insanely beautiful) rose-hued neutrals...from the palest, shimmery pink to deep, warm black."

In fact what you get is a mid-tone shimmery pink ("dust") and a matte beige ("strange"), and after that everything is more brick than rose-gold (like Pantone's hideous colour of the year, "Marsala"). They're hardly "insanely beautiful." They're barely even practical. My first thought was that this spectrum of shades would be more suitable as a lip palette. As any PPP will tell you, ruddy browns are the worst color choice for pale skin, because they make your face look dirty. I was really hoping for some clear, cool-toned pinks, but there aren't any.

I have been using the Naked3 palette, and I've tried a few different looks. I can definitely make it work, but I don't love any of the looks I've tried. They don't brighten my slate-blue eyes; they dull them.

"Dust" and "Buzz" are pretty, iridescent pinks in a mid-to-dark dusty rose, and the shimmer offsets the dullness of the shades, although there's no very pale pearl option (like "Bootycall"). "Factory" and "Mugshot" are usable as shimmery browns, but I have to apply them with a very light hand, or they muddy-up the pink and just make me look bruised and grubby. "Blackheart," a warm black (ie. almost a burnt black, or a black with a hint of dark rusty-brown) is a bit chalky and unpigmented in my opinion.

The other colors I don't use much, which is a pity. The packaging is beautiful, and the brush is handy. I suspect this will garner a lot of positive reviews on the basis of the Naked series' cult status alone. But the quality of the actual shadows is disappointing too, compared to Naked2, which I use a lot. There's a lot of fall out, less pigment, and the shadows are not as creamy and velvety.

My impression generally is that this palette would be better suited to mid-toned olive-skinned girls with dark brown eyes. By contrast, Naked2 has some warm options interspersed with more muted shades like Bootycall, Suspect, Verve and Busted. The LORAC Pro Palette caters for cooler skin colors, offering White, Cream, Nude, Champagne, Light Pink and Mauve, plus Slate, a true black and a rich chocolate brown, alongside a bunch of warmer tones. You can do anything from a natural pink and taupe eye to a cool-toned smoky eye or a bold metallic bronze or gold look.

I'd love to see Urban Decay do a cooler, lighter palette for pale people. In the meantime, while I still love Naked2, I wish I had purchased the LORAC Pro 2 or Mega Palette for my early Christmas treat instead of this. Sorry to be a downer.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2014 4:38:00 PM More reviews by lylaura

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

$54 at sephora for 12 shades and decent 2 sided brush with 4 primer samples.

Very versatile pallet, great if you are not into wearing makeup and want to get started, beautiful subtle crease color options. You could survive with this palette alone.

Only thing missing is a skin tone base color, but if you wear makeup you prob already have one in your collection.

I wear these colors over Urban Decay Primer Potion, and my base is MAC's painterly Paint Pot, stays put all day and night.

I wish I would have bought this one 1st. I also have the Naked 2, but the Naked3 is my favorite because of the fact that it does give that perfect natural eye effect. My 3 favorite shades are the mates: Limit (nude-pink), Nooner (brownish-pink)), and strange (mate-white).There are shimmery shadows included also.

I love that the Naked3 has the rose tones, its perfect for med-light skin tones achieving that coveted natural daytime look. I have Brown eyes and looks so perfect with the hints of pink. For a night time look just add tiny bit of dark shade to outer crease and blend.

I'm a medium light skin-tone, more on the light side, and sometimes browns look really harsh and fake on my skin tone, I like the smokey-eye look, but not all the dark colors. Mate browns just don't go with my skin tone and shimmer is too much for daytime.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2014 2:59:00 PM More reviews by englande

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I had been eyeing the Naked palettes for several years, but was afraid I'd only end up liking a couple of the colors. When I saw this palette, I had to try it because rose, gold, and brown colors have always worked for my light skin and green eyes. I love all the shades. No matter which ones you pair together, it looks good and they have decent staying power. Basically, this palette sets you up to have great looking shadow no matter how you apply it or combine the shades. Some are more shimmery than others, but I wouldn't call them glittery. They're super easy to apply and it doesn't take much to get rich color on my light skin! I am really pleased with this palette and it will definitely last me a long LONG time.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2014 6:30:00 PM More reviews by MBROOKS425

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this palette much more than I thought I would actually. I bought it because I thought the palette itself was gorgeous with its amber pinks, rose gold and dusty plum hues and the Sephora reps said it would compliment my Olive colored skin. When buying it I was hesitant, thinking I may not be able to use very many of the colors. I will say I have used this palette almost everyday since I bought it! My favorite shade is Nooner. When I use nooner, mugshot and darkside- the combo doesn't look overly "purpley" like I thought it would- it's a soft, smokey neutral look still and a nice change from the brown toned palettes that I love but have many of. I would highly recommend this palette, especially to anyone with warm tones, or olive skin with yellow undertones like me. It's beautiful and more versatile than you would expect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2014 1:11:00 PM More reviews by csquared14

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had considered purchasing both the original Naked and Naked2 palettes when they came out, but the color selections on both just weren't suited for my skin (I'm NC40 and part South Asian). When I tested them out in the store, the colors just did not mix well with my coloring. I'm also, in general, pretty opposed to palettes because I always end up just being able to use three colors out of the ten, and that just seems like a waste. And so, I saved my money and declared myself above the Naked obsession.

Then the Naked3 came out. When I saw that it was mostly rose-gold tinted, I knew that I was in trouble. Every single one of these shades looks good on me - every. single. one. That has literally never happened to me before in my life with a palette. It's so easy to go from subtle daytime work looks to smokier night time ones. The palette has everything you need - matte colors for the base, varying shades of shimmer rosy tones, and then the dark pigments to add some drama. I love that they give you every tool you need, so that you are totally in control of how intense you want your look to be. My favorite shades are Darkside, which I use for a smokey eye (I usually use Blackheart as more of a liner, because I'm not cool enough to pull off super dark eye looks), Dust, and Mugshot.

The packaging is the standard long Naked tin - I don't love how clunky it is, because it makes it difficult to pack and it doesn't really fit into any of the makeup storage setup I have in my apartment, but that's just the trade off for having a lot of options. I also am terrified for the day that I inevitably drop it. One AMAZING thing that UD did with this is they included an ACTUAL USABLE APPLICATOR. None of that sponge-tipped crap that you throw out. The double-ended brush is great (although when I'm doing something pretty intricate and really need a good blending brush, I usually have to venture into my own collection), and I wish more companies would realize that a good applicator is definitely worth including with their products.

Urban Decay has made a name for itself for quality, intense pigments, and these are no exception. All of the colors pack a punch, but still blend out well. I usually prime my lids first with my MAC eye primer, and the look last for hours (if I'm going straight from work to going out for the night, I usually have to reapply because the shimmers will have worn off). And yes, this palette is pretty expensive, but when you consider what a single UD eye shadow costs, the fact that there is not one single dud amongst the colors you are getting, and the quality of the products included, I really do think that it's worth it. I've had it for months and am not even close to hitting the pan on any of them.

If Naked and Naked2 didn't hook you, it's very likely that Naked3 might be the one to do the trick. Highly, highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2014 4:28:00 AM More reviews by dustysmile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This palette contains the most beautiful rosy shades that perfectly compliment me with my pale skin and red hair. I personally think this will enhance those with lighter eyes and complexion, simply because it looks more "naked" on those types and shades are rather light. However it is in no means limited to them!

I would use a good primer with them, and in the box I received I got four samples of Urban Decay's primer potions which really do work miracles!

The colors do have good pigmentation, but some of the more shimmery ones (e.g. 'Dust') aren't so. The last shade on the palette called 'Blackheart' in the pan look like a black with red speckles - exciting right? But when applied, the red speckles are lost along the way and it's more like a deep black purpley-red .. still gorgeous, but if you're expecting what's in the pan it's not really going to happen.

It also comes with a brush, but I hardly use it .. I suppose it's handy but I'm lucky enough to have good brushes so I don't really reach for it when I want to deck my eyes in this rosy baby.

Overall I give this 5 lippies because it's the palette I always use and really suits me. Every time I wear it I receive compliments on my eyes and what girl doesn't like that?

But I would recommend NOT buying this online for two reasons - there are lots of fake NAKED 3 palettes out there and you should go in store and make sure the colors are your thing .. either one of these things not going your way can really cost you a lot of money and leave a bad taste in your mouth! (Or in your eye? I don't know).

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2014 10:55:00 AM More reviews by MUAsAlbino

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have purchased this palette three times. Once initially, then again after I dropped that one and it shattered, and then again for my sister in law. It's safe to say I really love this palette. I was so stoked when it came out because the colors are so unique. If you have green or blue eyes, this palette will make your eye color *pop*. I have green eyes and it is very flattering on me. I also think it's a great color scheme for blondes.

The shades have a lot of brown tone in them so it will not make you look like you have allergy eyes unlike some pink eye shadows out there. Every shade is very pigmented and buttery. There is a lot of shimmer, but I would not describe these shadows as glittery. The infamous urban decay shadow fall out can be corrected with a powder brush after you finish applying the eye shadows.

My only complaint is I wish there were lighter shades. I am NC10 and a lot of these are suitable for my crease, or as liner. I mainly stick to the shades Strange and Buzz. Although if they did make this palette light enough for me - I understand that it would be too light for the majority of consumers and most of the shades would be useless highlighters.

Let's keep our fingers crossed that Urban Decay does in fact come out with a Naked 4. :)

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2014 11:06:00 PM More reviews by brie213

When I first bought this I had such high expectations because I love the first one so much. This palette was disappointing I only really like two colours from this palette, those being strange and blackheart. I thought Iíd love all these colours but I just could do without them they donít show up on my skin the way I would like them too. Besides the eye shadows, the worst part of the 2 and 3 naked palettes is the packaging. I love the packaging on the first one I donít know why they changed it. I would not buy this again.