April 16, 2014 | 1418 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED 3

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2014 8:41:00 AM More reviews by amswtr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I received this palette for Christmas and I was so excited to get it. I love the Naked and Naked 2 palettes. I was thrilled because the colors are all pink and wine tones while still being neutral enough to fit into the Naked family. These are my colors, so I thought. I'm very pale and these colors were light on me. I don't know if it just didn't work with my complexion or what happened. I see beautiful photos of people wearing this palette. It looks amazing on darker toned women. Maybe it just blends in too much with my pale skin. I don't know. Of the three palettes, this is my least favorite. I love shimmery colors too and there seemed to be a lot of mattes, this is why I never bought the Naked matte smaller palette that came out last year.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2014 4:19:00 AM More reviews by island21goddess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this palette so much. Even though most of the eyeshadows are pinky toned, I can create several warm, taupy/bronzey eye looks with these shadows. I pair a lot of these shades with MAC eyeshadows.... I tend to use soft brown, saddle, or brown script in the crease and as transition shades then I use either "Liar" or "Mugshot" (or both) as my eyelid color. Soooooo pretty! Also I love the matte shades "Limit" and "Nooner" as crease or transition shades. "Strange" makes a great browbone highlight. It's not quite matte... More like a satin finish. Really lovely. Both "Burnout" and "Buzz" are gorgeous pinky shades while the color "Trick" creates a beautiful bronzey eye look. I would definitely repurchase this. I have all 3 Naked palettes but have been using the crap out of this one since purchasing 4 months ago. LOVE this for spring :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2014 2:09:00 AM More reviews by mmsqueaks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love the rosy tones of this palette. Perfect for day or night wear. The only complaint I have is the tin had a few dings in it, which makes me think the pretty packaging factor will wear off quickly. Who cares though, it performs very well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2014 12:13:00 PM More reviews by swtlilqtk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

So, it took me awhile to write this review. I usually use a product at least 10 times before I decide if I really like it or not....I feel like that's giving it a fair chance. When I first used Naked 3 I really wasn't in love with it....a few little tweaks and I feel like it works a lot better for me now. First though, lets start with the colors. This palette like the other two "nakeds" before it, contains 12 colors, those being:

Strange-A satin pinky white shade. On, I would say this is similar to MAC's Vanilla eye shadow. Its creamy and very pigmented. If you apply with a flat brush you can get a lot of opaque pigment out of this color.
Dust-A light pink luster shade. Very shimmery. Its like MAC All That Glitters, but with more shimmer, and a lil more sheer on initial application.
Burnout-A beautiful, frosty rose gold shade. Very Similar to MAC's Mythology.
Limit-A soft warm rosey pink. A perfect transition crease color. Very similar to MAC's Girlie, in both color and texture.
Buzz-more a mauve toned rose gold. Deeper than burnout, shimmery still but more pigment on application. Similar to the MAC LE pigment in the color Gold Stroke. I cant think of any perm colors to compare it to, there may be a line that contains one though.
Trick-A shimmery light copper shade. MAC Tan pigment would probably be a good dupe for this shade in color and finish.
Nooner-Mid tone rose brown with a satin finish. MAC Blackberry would be an excellent dupe for this shade.
Liar-a frost, warm mauve brown shade. MAC Sable could work as a dupe. But Liar is a little more frosty.
Factory-a warm, frosty chocolate brown shade. Similar to MAC Mulch. Factory is a TINY but more purple. But on the eye no real, noticeable difference.
Mugshot-A midtone, warm purpley brown shade, lighter than factory. Similar to MAC's Satin Taupe.
Darkside-A dark, reddish brown and the more unique color in the palette, in my opinion. Similar to MAC's Chocolate Brown pigment....which is no longer available.
Blackheart-a purpley black with gold shimmer. Kinda similar to MAC's Beauty Marked, just a soft off-black upon application.

So, most of the shade in this palette are dupable to some extent. I find that with almost every eye shadow out there....but its nice to have a palette full of colors that works together, in a convenient travel case right? There are some pros and cons to this palette. First the cons. The lighter shimmer colors like Dust and Burnout are very pretty when you swatch...but they don't show up on the lid without effort in application. You MUST use a flat brush to pack on the color, a shimmery base in a warm shade also helps (Like NYX Yogurt Jumbo pencil) to help "pop" the color. Spraying the brush with Fix Plus after you pick up the color doesn't hurt either. All in all, kind of a PITA to get good application and pigment out of these colors (Im a NC 30, so Im not dark either!). Nooner and Limit are both awesome. Great warm blending shades that look great on my skin tone. Since Im so cool they do stand out in a good, but natural way. Super great pigment and blending ability. What you expect from Urban Decay. Darkside, Factory and Liar are also great colors. Go on nice and smooth and without much effort. The other colors are fine. They just don't WOW me, could very well be my skin tone.

Ive seen many youtube videos where this palette looks amazing, usually on either very light skinned girls or girls that are slightly darker than me. I feel like maybe I fall in the range where the colors are very close to my skin tone or something...and they don't really stand out. It's okay though I just use this for days where I want a more natural look. Wear of this palette is decent with primer. I never go without primer, so I cant tell you how they wear alone. A nice variety of shade for the price. If the lighter shades had more pigment, I would give this palette a higher rating. I just feel like 5 out of the 12 shades really don't do anything spectacular for me. Naked 2 is my "go to." I could see someone who finds 2 too bold really liking 3. Or if you want a "softer" version of 1.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2014 12:23:00 AM More reviews by kahou79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite eye shadow palettes and I'm so glad that I bought into the hype. It deserves all of it IMO. This set can be used to create both dramatic and natural eye looks which I love. The two darkest colors in this are fabulous and I seem to use them the most. I bought Naked 1 not long after it came out in 2010 and I've used Naked 3 more in the past few months than I've ever used the first one. I was afraid that being fairly warm toned that this collection might not work on me but, quite the contrary, it's perfection. Alot of people complain about the price of this but I don't think it's bad considering that you get 12 full size colors. This is a HE product and it's worth every cent! I love this and if I ever use it up I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2014 10:59:00 PM More reviews by MissMatchedSocks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought it when sephora sent out 20$ gift cards on christmas, so not very bad for 32$, great quality as expected from UD, cool toned, I think in the summer I will be using my naked2 much more, it has the same packaging as the naked2 but for some reason the plastic inside feels cheaper, also you dont get with it an eyeliner or a gloss, only paper samples from their primer potion ! Which is a disappointment, anyway, if you like cool toned eyeshadows and pinks and roses, go for it

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2014 6:28:00 PM More reviews by ViolinistRita

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

At $52, this is the most expensive eye shadow palette I have ever bought. I am a musician and I need to go on many shows to perform throughout the year. I don't like overly done makeup looks and the colors of this kit provides just enough vibrant and color I want on my eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2014 5:21:00 PM More reviews by jennaryan10

I love this palette. I was having a hard time deciding which Naked palette to get and I am so glad I got this one. The colors are beautiful and highly pigmented. There are many looks from a casual daytime color to darker, smokier looks. They make my hazel eyes really pop and show up lovely on my fair skin. Ive had this product for about two months and still love it every bit as much as I did the day I bought it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2014 5:00:00 PM More reviews by MoniqueBrewerCaliGirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Rose gold works on every skin tone. They look amazing!!! I love these Naked 3 shadows and I will buy a couple more palettes.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2014 11:29:00 PM More reviews by kchella836

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE this palette. The Urban Decay Palettes NEVER fail me. I use the UDPP and I also use the MAC PP in Soft Ochre to help as a base. The colors are very pigmented and I find myself reaching for this palette a lot more often. I have an NC43 tone, so I was a bit skeptical at first (I was thinking that this palette would not show up as well on my skin), but upon usage, I fell in love with it. The pigmentation is very pretty and the various combinations can be played around with it. Sometimes, I find myself using some of the colors from this palette and mixing it with the NAKED palette. I happened to get this palette during the UB FF event that they had on their website, so if you don't find the urge to spend the full amount, I recommend waiting for it to go on sale.