Urban Decay NAKED3

4.2

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 5/17/2015 2:08:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Lovely packaging! The shades in this palette are a little warmer and pinker than in previous palettes. I don't like the highlighter much unfortunately as it is a weird ivory matte white that doesn't go with a lot of the other colours. The rest of them are lovely though, perfect for softer looks!

on 5/15/2015 5:15:00 AM

1. I love the packaging. Simple but unique, and the pink is really pretty.

2. It closes really well. There's a "click" sound when you close it letting you know that it's sealed well. Down side is that it's sometimes hard to open it :(

3. The eyeshadow shades are very very pretty. I love the rose-y-pink theme concept. The quality's excellent, very pigmented, blends easily, and smooth. Although there's some fall-out product from the very shimmery and glittery shades.

4. You can still achieve an everyday-natural eye look as well a bold, statement one.

Overall, I love this palette. I'd re-purchase it. :)

on 5/11/2015 7:03:00 AM

The packaging is very pretty, but the colors aren't very pigmented and are very powdery, so there's always quite a lot of fallout when I apply them :( . this palette is NOT worth the price.

on 5/7/2015 12:52:00 PM

This was my first ever eyeshadow palette and I absolutely love it!

Naked3 is an amazing palette because it's subtle enough for a daily daytime look but it packs a punch when you need a more intense night-time look.

Also if you are a beginner, this palette is easy to work with and the colours are easy to blend.

Strange: A matte pale pink highlighter shade. I actually like using this as a base colour for my makeup looks. It IS a little chalky, but nothing too problematic to work with.

Dust: A glittery light pink shade. This shade may be the most difficult to work with in the whole palette, simply because there is quite a lot of fallout. The best way to apply this is by using patting motions.

Burnout: A shimmery peachy pink shade. One of my favourite shades in this palette because it looks so natural but yet brightening on the lids.

Limit: A matte dusty pink shade. Easily one of the most gorgeous looking colour in this palette - the first colour to catch my attention. However, it's not too pigmented on my warmer-toned Asian skin.

Buzz: A glittery pink shade. Typical pretty pink colour. Formula is a little similar to Dust but way less fallout.

Trick: A glittery rose gold shade. THIS is the epitome of a rose gold shade. Beautiful shimmer and great pigmentation. Formula is similar to Buzz.

Nooner: A matte dark mauvey pink shade. This is a gorgeous GORGEOUS crease shade and probably the only colour in this palette that I use for the crease (besides the occasional, Limit).

Liar: A shimmery pinkish brown shade. A nice mix of pink and brown. I would describe this as a shimmery version of nooner, but with more brown.

Factory: A shimmery pinkish dark brown shade. This is Liar but one tone deeper. Also, this leans a little more on the brown side.

Mugshot: A shimmery brown shade. LOVE this colour and I find myself using this on the outer corners of my eyes with Trick to get a really nice smokey eye effect.

Darkside: A semi-matte taupe-y brown shade. This is one of the more unique shades in this palette in a sense that it looks brown at first glance, but when applied to the lids, you almost get a pinkish/purplish colour, which I think is because of the taupe-y-ness in this shade.

Blackheart: A shimmery black shade with pink glitters. I usually use this as a liner when I'm not going for the full 9 yards on my eyes. The pink glitters don't really show up that much - making this pretty much a plain shimmery black shade (unless you really pack it on). I also use this on the outer 'v' when doing my eye makeup for a more intense look.

As compared to Naked and Naked2:
Naked = warm-tone shades
Naked2 = cool-tone shades (more on the taupe-y side)
Naked3 = rose gold-tone shades

In a way, I guess you could say Naked is similar to a gold medal, Naked2 is similar to a silver medal and Naked3 is similar to a bronze medal LOL.

That being said, I think Naked3 is my favourite of the lot because this is a really versatile palette for me. Despite it's hefty price tag, I have no regrets!

If you want to find out more on how to wear the colours, CLICK HERE! -->

on 5/7/2015 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Neutral-pinky colors. Pigmentation varies from color to color. The brush included is actually really nice. The colors towards the end get really similar, and what looks like grey is actually a dark brown.

I am in love with this palette!! The colors are beautiful and its very highly pigmented, these colors look great on my brown eyes. The brush is very nice as well, it goes on smooth on my eyelids, I use this almost everyday. I would definitely buy this again!!

I really love this pallet, I use it almost every day. Such a gorgeous range of colours and you can create so many different looks with the shadows, and they feel so buttery and lovely on your lid. They last all day with a primer and they don't crease. The packaging is stunning and the brush that comes with it is totally use able. The only issue I have with this product is that some of the lighter shimmery colours hardly show up on the lid even with a primer - in particular trick and dust. I was quite disappointed because they look like such gorgeous colours in the pallet I just can't seem to get them to show up on my lid no matter how much I pack on.
Overall I really do love this product, it is pretty pricey but it's really beautiful and I think it's totally worth the money.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I LOVE Naked3!!! I do! It works beautifully on my warm skin (light Chinese skin, C3 with Face & Body Foundation), it's very pink/rose though. It's girly casual, I am much more creative with Naked3 than the other two. The look I love most is Factory + Darkside for smokey eye makeup. Because they are rose glitter, they look much more casual on me even as a smokey look (and so dark!).

Quality:
very buttery, I find it easier to work with than the original Naked palette. I don't find too much fallout, and when there's glitter on my cheeks they are rose/light-gold, so they are not too attention grabbing. The colour payoff is wonderful, the colours actually apply like they appear on the palette.

The double-sided brush:
It's much better than Naked2, but it's still not that good of a brush. The shader side is less stiff than Naked, it's an improvement. The blender side is fatter and rounder, which blends much better than Naked2!! However it still picks up more than it blends, it makes my eyeshadow disappear when I go over too much. I hardly use Naked brushes, I find them too stiff.

===Compared to Naked:
Naked is golden brown, much more glamorous. I like the elegant looks Naked creates, even for daytime. It's very powerful I would say! Naked3 is more casual, the pinks make my makeup look girly elegant. Both palettes I love. I prefer smokey eyes with Naked3 and I prefer daytime with Naked, and that's just my personal preference.

Naked palette is more "complete," I especially appreciate the many outer corner/crease colours. I can do medium dark, I can do dark, or I can do subtle dark on the outer corners.

Many of Naked3's colours are for middle -the outer corner/crease colours are way too dark. Sometimes I skip using the outer corner dark eyeshadow from Naked3, so that explains why my Naked3 looks are casual (the eye makeup ends up being light). And that's also why Naked is more glamorous.

===Compared to Naked2:
Hands down I love Naked3 more. But if I'm comparing Naked and Naked2, I like both so it's kind of odd... Basically as the sister AFTER Naked palette, I think Naked3 is a better sister to Naked palette than Naked 2 is. Having Naked and Naked3 gives you a much wider spectrum of looks. But having Naked and Naked2... not so much.

Naked2 is silvery, a lot of the colours don't work well on my warm toned skin. There's too much grey/white and too much glitter. This palette creates extremely casual looks because of how light the makeup looks on me.

I am able to work with the grey/cooler colours in Naked3 than 2. I can work with all Naked3's colours, but I have never touched three of Naked2's colours. I also like the copper colours in 3 more than 2.

===Conclusion
If you also read my review on Naked, I explained that I am an eyeshadow junkie so that's why I have all three. If I were to think for practicality, I would just buy one NARS duo and live with that forever. Naked is very glamorous, it's not exactly daytime (but using it during the day is fun!!). Naked3 is pink and casual, also elegant. I have fun with both!

on 5/5/2015 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

I love this palette. The only issue I had was similar to the Naked 2 Chopper color, the Dust color I have to use the Too Faced Shadow Insurance Glitter Glue or it just goes everywhere. There are so many uses and looks you can create using this, I dont think Ill ever need to buy another one but if I do I will!

on 4/29/2015 5:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I absolutely love this palette! The colors are very feminine and go on great. The only problem is if I have it on all day it definitely fades by the end of the day. But, if you use a primer AND a setting spray it helps with that issue a lot. I highly recommend it.

Popular Palettes

Contour Kit
NAKED
The Nudes
NAKED3

Video Reviews & Tutorials

PINK SMOKEY EYE | NAKED 3 TUTORIAL ? by sandyteeful

Let's Get Naked! Urban Decay Naked 2 and Naked 3 Review/Comparison by Emily Ko

Girls' Generation SNSD ???? 'Mr.Mr'- Jessica Makeup Tutorial "KPOP Makeup Tutorial" by KoreanLovesBeauty

Tutorial: Fresh Spring Makeup! (ft. UD's Naked 3) / YENNATOR by yennator