October 1, 2014 | 1815 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED3

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2014 5:48:00 AM More reviews by Dona82

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my first ever palette from urban decay, i got it for my birthday! Where do i even begin to say that this is the best i have ever used in my life! I love the pink neutrals, that can be built up to form the nicest smokey eye! I love the colours and the texture and i reach for this every time i go out! i absolutely love this product, if you dont have it please get it, you will not be disappointed! trust me :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2014 3:13:00 PM More reviews by penelopet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The perfect palette, covers everything from neutral day to smoky evening. Couldn't ask for anything more.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2014 12:36:00 PM More reviews by Jen283

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is yet another great palette from UD. It is made up of rose toned neutrals, that can work for any skin tone. A lot of people think they can't wear pink eyeshadow but that's not true! The mix of pinks and browns in this palette can make countless looks. I've used it on myself and two of my friends, we all have different coloring and it looked great on EVERYONE. The only color that kinda stinks is dust. It really is just a bunch of glitter stuck together. I find that if I apply this with my finger over the lid to get a pop of shimmer then it looks really nice. I also wish there were more than one highlight color, but I still absolutely adore this palette.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2014 12:44:00 AM More reviews by shaylayxox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great palette for beginners as this was the first eyeshadow palette I've ever bought. My favorites are Burnout, Nooner and Trick to apply all over the lid and Factory, Dark Side, or Mugshot for the outer V. I don't like Dust and Buzz because they are really glittery and don't stick very well on the lids. It just ends up going everywhere!

I wish there were more matte shades though but overall this palette is awesome.

AND the brush that comes with it is really great! It has a fluffier end which is perfect for blending shades and a more stiff end to pack on color. I wouldn't purchase this again mainly because it's expensive.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2014 11:53:00 AM More reviews by countrybearjamboree

Finally, I purchased 3. I now have the privilege of saying I owned all three. I adore 1, hated 2 with a passion because the shades made me look tired and returned it and now love 3. I waiting forever to get 3 because I was so on the fence with this one. But, I'm so happy to have it! So, for the record if you are NC40ish medium oilve, I would recommend this palette! I've swatched all the colors and tested out most so far. My very top favorites in this palette are Nooner (♥), Bust, Factory, Darkside and Strange. Dust and Trick are very shimmery with not the best pigment so they work best as a "topper" lid shade to make slight color adjustments to more pigmented shades in the palette. Also, Blackheart is a gorgeous shade for the outter v but it just isn't dark enough for my skin coloring so when I use this shade, I top Blackheart with a matte black shade (just at the very end of the ">". But, still a very verstile and worthwhile palette to own. A palette must have quality for me is to be able to create various looks with one simple palette and you can certainly do that with this palette. All shades work exceptionaly well together meaning no weird oddball colors in this. Only two small complaints. 1. I would prefer an additional shadow instead of the brush. I really don't care for UD's palette brushes. 2. I would have preferred the packaging of Naked 1 instead of this tin box. Maybe I have a defective box but the two end teeth don't really line up with the holes so it is a pain trying to close the packaging tight. I have to wiggle and pull the top to align the teeth with the holes. I would imagine over time with frequent use, the teeth will end up breaking. But, these are very tiny complaints that wouldn't prevent me from repurchasing it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2014 12:46:00 AM More reviews by CharcuterieQueen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

3 mattes (Strange, Limit, Nooner), 6 satin/shimmers, and 2 glitters
Shades include: Strange (pale neutral pink matte-satin), Dust (pale metallic pink shimmer w/iridescent micro-glitter), Burnout (light pinky-peach satin), Limit (light dusty rose matte), Buzz (metallic rose shimmer w/silver microglitter), Trick (light metallic pinky-copper shimmer w/tonal microsparkle), Nooner (medium pinky-brown matte), Liar (medium metallic mauve shimmer), Factory (pinky-brown satin), Mugshot (metallic taupe shimmer w/slight pink shift), Darkside (deep taupe-mauve satin), Blackheart (smoky black matte w/rosy red microsparkle)

Trick from Naked 3 is similar to Chopper from Naked 2. Trick is a bit more pink.
Nooner, Tease, and Buck are all great medium brown (matte) crease shades.
Mugshot is a beautiful dark shimmery metallic taupe. YDK is a medium bronze metallic shimmer, and Sidecar is the lightest of the 3 shimmery shades. They’re not exact dupes, but I found them to be a bit similar… except for the degree of darkness of course.
Darkside, Snake Bite, and Hustle all look like a medium brown shimmer. With a closer look, Darkside leans slightly taupe compared to the other two shades. Snake Bite and Hustle are very similar. A medium/dark bronze shimmer.
Busted and Darkhorse are deep brown shimmers. Darkhorse leans a bit plum. Blackheart is a very deep brown, bordering black. This shade has the most shimmery finish with plum sparkles

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2014 12:50:00 PM More reviews by upinspace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I also have the naked 2, and I'm not sure which one I prefer. I have extremely fair neutral skin so most colors look good on me. In both, there are about two shades that I've just never touched.

The naked 3 has a lovely variety of rosey and pink toned shades. My favorite color is probably nooner, its a great, easy blending shade or all over the lid. My least favorite is Dust, its very flakey and doesn't stick too well (or maybe I need a tackier primer, no idea). Like all UD shadows, they blend decently and pack a lot of opacity. With primer these do not fade and will last through school.

These palettes have all the colors I would need day to day. Its nice quality and a worthwhile investment.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2014 12:21:00 PM More reviews by nicole2468

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I just got this palette last night but so far I have been liking it! First of all, the packaging is gorgeous, my favorite of all the Naked palettes. The colors are very nice but very rose toned. Some of the colors like dust and buzz are too pink toned and glittery for me so I don't think I will get too much use out of them, as well as dark side and blackheart because I don't really use grays and blacks very much. All of the other colors I really like, especially nooner, trick, liar, and mugshot. The thing I really like about this palette is that because of the undertones you can use a darker color, such as liar or mugshot all over the lid and it doesn't look as dramatic as using a warmer bronze, such as Smog from the original Naked palette. Overall, I think this is a pretty good palette and worth the price since it comes out to be a little less than $5 per shadow

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2014 1:40:00 PM More reviews by thepulptoyourfiction

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

As someone new to eyeshadow, I received this as a present and absolutely loved it.
It's great for beginners because it gives you so many options that blend perfectly together, so you can never go wrong.

I use this every time I go out and find the packaging so sleek and convenient.
The brush it comes with is amazing.

The price is a little high for my liking, so fortunately I received this as a gift.

I especially love the shade Dark Side and use it for my brows.

Best product by Urban Decay.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2014 7:00:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm not sure if there is anything new or groundbreaking to state about this palette. It's beautiful. Rose toned neutrals that apply smooth and pigmented. Nice, sturdy, packaging. If you're new to the Naked palettes, I'd opt for either N1 or N2 first depending on your undertones and then N3 for something a bit more funky. If pinks make you look sickly, I'd pass on this since it's a strong note in all shades.