September 21, 2014 | 1795 users online

Palettes - Too Faced - A Few Of My Favorite Things

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2014 11:44:00 AM More reviews by caravaggio1092

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Check out my review! :

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2014 3:16:00 PM More reviews by mranellucci

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I have such mixed feelings about this palette. Would I buy it again? Probably, since the bronzers, the fabulous Melt into Spring blusher, along with the mascara are now important pieces of my makeup collection. However, Im not sure about the eyeshadows. Of course, the colours are beautiful, but I am concerned about the pigmentation and the chalky texture. I wasn't expecting so much fallouts. Each eyeshadow is either a hit or a miss. Buy that palette for all it's components, not for the eyeshadows.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2014 7:09:00 PM More reviews by cblackburn88

I use this pallet literally every single day. I use Milk Chocolate for my brows, Chocolate Solis bronzer for my contour (which smells like hot chocolate), Melt Into Spring is my all time new favorite blush and the shadows are amazing for the price, the pigmentation is amazing.
I don't like the Lip Injection, only because i already have pretty big lips and it just ends up looking weird for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2014 7:30:00 AM More reviews by Mellymoomar

Okay, prepare for ramble about how much I looooove this palette. First of all, I love the value for money aspect of the whole product, you get the palette itself which contains 20x eye shadows plus two bronzers and two blushers. Not only that you get a pink and gold chevron design bag to keep it in, plus a sample size of the wonderful Better Than Sex mascara and a Colour Bomb lip tint in the shade Bee Sting, which I think is a full size product. Although I'm actually really not a fan of lip plumping products, I can't stand the menthol feeling and the stinging. Not good.
Anyway, I'll start with the bottom half of the palette, which contains two bronzers, the first one being the 'Chocolate Soleil' bronzer. This was the first time I have ever owned or tried the Chocolate Soleil and its not bad at all. Its a matte bronzer which I like but I personally can work with bronzers that have a shimmer as well, its a medium toned brown but personally I think its probably better for darker skin tones than my own, as it can look a little too harsh, but if applied lightly it makes for easy and beautiful contouring. The second bronzer is 'Sun Bunny', which has a lot more of a frosted, shimmery finish compared with the Chocolate Soleil, which you either love or hate. Personally I love it, its a coppery toned bronzer and it just looks a little softer on the skin for me.
The two blushers included in the palette, (which are actually really decent in size) are 'Raindrops on Roses' & 'Melt into Spring'. ROR is a light baby pink shade with a gold shimmer. It is quite a cool undertone but when applied on my skin it seems to actually warm it up a bit which is nice. Too much of it though and you can look a little ridiculous, which I always seem to learn the hard way because I can be a little heavy handed when it comes to blushes. MIS is a pink coral colour, and I'm definitely not as keen on this one as I was with ROR. Its got a really nice matte finish but the colour is just a little too dark or too much for my cheeks. I look like I've got a temperature when wearing it. However, if I mix a little of both together it seems to meet in the middle and become quite an even colour, so I do get use out of both of them.
Moving onto the best part, which is the shadows. It would take me far too long to describe all of them, so I'll just give you the very cute and inventive names which are: Snowflakes, Whiskers on Kittens, Chocolate Milk, Moon on Their Wings, Dark Chocolate, Cream Coloured Ponies, Honey Honey, Buche De Noel, Evergreen, Blue Satin Sashes, Coquet, Taffy, Crisp Apple Strudel, Woolen Mittens, Soirée, Tinsel, Bluff, Ooh La Orchid, Party Time & Pure Glam.
I love the names as I think its a beautiful play on the words of the song, which is obviously why the palette is called 'A Few of my Favourite Things'. I'm a sucker for excellent packaging, so this gets full marks for that aspect. I'd say the shadows are split 50/50, as half of the palette (10 shades) you can get everyday use out of, like classic neutrals, and the other half is more for when you want to have a little experiment or are going out.
I'd say my favourite shades are:
. Buche De Noel- This is a metallic medium brown with a gold shimmer, and its truly a gorgeous colour. Quite a unique type of brown in my opinion and I sincerely hope I can get this in a single when I hit pan as I love it that much
. Snowflakes- This shade makes a perfect highlighting colour, its a white gold shade it reminded me a little of the MAC Vanilla Pigment
. Ooh La Orchid- Not the most obvious to be one of my favourites, but I don't own any matte purples and this is what this shade it, a matte purple orchid shade. Its really easily blended and if you are doing a purple eye look buffing this into the crease to create a blown out look its just amazeballs
. Bluff- This shade is like a dark mauve colour, I used this for my New Years look and it paired it with a Colour Tattoo in the shade 'Light In Purple' and it actually came up a bit more blue in shade. Either way, its a gorgeous colour
. Moon On Their Wings- Even though this has really chunky, gold micro glitter, I love it. Its a beige shade and looks really nice when applied all over the eye. I would use some fix plus if you don't want lots of hideous fallout though
. Dark Chocolate- Because you always need a reliable matte dark brown for smoky eyes and neutral looks

Overall, this is easily one of the best palettes I own. The colour payoff of each of the shadows is fantastic, they also are really decent in size, and you get your bronzer, blusher, mascara and a lip product included. Great value for money, would recommend this to everyone.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2013 7:18:00 PM More reviews by ElizBehrrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This palette is about 62 dollars (including tax). For this price you get 20 eyeshadows, 2 blushes, 1 bronzer (the famous chocolate soleil bronzer might I add), a bronzey highlighter, a full size lip plumper/gloss, and a mini size of the "better than sex" mascara, also has a little booklet guide with eyeshadow ideas to try and a makeup bag to hold everything in. WHAT A DEAL!

PROS: This palette is also AMAZING QUALITY. The shadows are so soft, buttery, and very pigmented, the blushes and bronzers are very pigments, and the mascara TRANSFORMED my lashes, and the lip plumper works decent. The packaging is also very impressive and the cutest ever, it has a very sturdy cardboard/plastic case with adorable prints on it. I've traveled with it and was pretty rough and it's held up really well for me! The color range is fantastic, there's lots of neutrals to work with, along with great holiday shades and colorful choices. Many holiday palettes go crazy with colors but this one had a great choice of neutrals and finishes.

CONS: All of the shadows are true to color and very pigmented, except for "Ooh La Orchid" (bottom row, middle purple shade) and "Party Time" (bottom row, 2nd to the right, the shimmery blue shade) They come off very sheer and very hard to build up, even with a primer. maybe I just got a bad palette but these were difficult. The lip plumper makes your lips feel on fire if you apply too much, so have a light hand! A light coat is all you need, and leave you with a slight tingly sensation that a lip plumper should.

Overall, this is a fantastic holiday gift for any makeup lover. Highly recommend :) 9/10!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 7:09:00 PM More reviews by WynterOlly

I ADORE THE SHADOWS IN THIS PALETTE. The colors, the finished are all perf and I dip into this palette every day. The mascara, blushes and bronzers are all great too.

....However the lip injection is horrible and made my lips burn. Don't use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 3:59:00 PM More reviews by DrGMart

I love this set! Not only is it a great value for a whole honkin' palette, a lip injection thing (which sucks, but is included) and a mascara, the palette alone would be enough to redeem the whole value of this set. Although it is limited edition for the holidays, I recommend anyone go pick it up while they can - this thing is going to last a longgg time. There are 20 shadows, which are really big, two decently sized bronzers and two decently sized blushes. This is almost your whole face in one kit! Love love love love the quality of all the powder products, they are pigmented and blendable and super wearable. The mascara (Better than Sex, ohhh) is bombshell as well. Totally worth the buy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2013 12:09:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

I've had quite a few misses from Too Faced recently so I was skeptical picking this palette up, but I saw a lot of rave reviews on YT and decided to go for it. The shadows are very pigmented, soft and blendable and overall great quality. The shade range is great - love how there is a majority of neutrals with little pops of unique colors throughout. I recently took this palette on a cruise and used just about every shade in here at least once.

The bronzers and blushes are also a great addition to the palette. I love how compact it is and great for travel.

I could live without the lip plumper crayon thingy. It hurts my lips and dries them out, not to mention has basically no pigmentation on my lips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2013 10:10:00 AM More reviews by volshorn08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I went back and forth on whether to buy this (do I reallly neeed another shadow palette?!) but I am SOOOO HAPPY that I did. Usually I get the UD palette that comes out every year. I skipped Vice 2 for this. Let's be honest, part of the convincing came from the names being out of The Sound of Music. I love that there's so many neutrals and then some color punches to make things interesting. I have always wanted to try Chocolate Soleil. The blushes are gorgeous too. The only shade I have an issue with is Ooh la Orchid. I cannot get it to show up! I must've gotten a dud. I do keep the palette in its pouch bc I stay at my BF's a lot so I can just throw it in a bag with face makeup and brushes and I'm set. The lip product stung the heck out of my lips to the point of pain so I won't be using that again, but I love the palette enough not to knock off the rating. The mascara is awesome! Great volume and some length. Easy to apply. One of the best purchases out there, especially for the value. Well worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2013 12:55:00 AM More reviews by jessadores

I just broke my 7 month no-buy in November and am buying anything I want until the start of the New Year and surprisingly I want very little and am very diligent about what I do buy. With that said, I love love love this. I wished I had purchased it sooner and could have written earlier. So if you can still get your hands on it, Get it! If you receive this as a gift, you are in for a treat! There is not much I can say that has not already been said. This is way worth the price. Each eye shadow is 1.6 grams and there are twenty! The shadows in my Naked 2 are 1.3 grams each and my single Mac pots are 1.35 grams. So just there in the eyeshadows you get your money back even if you hate a few of them. There are a few with glitter fall out and some pretty deep shades as previously stated, but I will still use them for night/weekend looks. There are 14 that I would consider neutrals (regardless of glitter and deepness of shade)
Only 1! eyeshadow did not have much pigmentation and that was "Whiskers on Kittens", but it is almost a dupe for NARS "hungry heart" highlighter (which a lot of people did not like due to the large glitters). I may use it as a highlight for a party or night out dancing. It also came out pretty swept over matte shadows (if eye make up is applied before foundation)
Love chocolate soleil bronzer I use it everyday and have hit pan on my full size. This one is 4 grams the full size is 10 grams plus the Sun Bunny bronzer is another 4grams so together almost a full size. I would always stay away from shimmery bronzers, but Sun Bunny is gorgeous and the shimmer is not annoying. I will get a lot of use from it in the summer. The blushes are awesome and pigmented as well (again 4 grams each) and I just sweep them on lightly with my RT blush brush (a very fluffy brush) and they apply perfect as they look a little scary (Raindrops on Roses) in the pan.
The mascara is okay. Probably will not be buying full size. But again just an added bonus. Will use as a back-up/travel/in a pinch.
Now the Lip Injection. I rarely use lip products, as my lips peel like crazy no matter what :( But of course I tried it out anyways. It is a pretty sheer nude mauve color almost MLBB. It did burn only the first few minutes for me and it gave the slightest plumping effect. Again will not buy.
I like the packaging It is not as pretty and fun as other holiday sets but it is sturdy and sleek.
Lastly, the makeup bag. It is adorable and I am sure I can find some use for it.
In a perfect world they would have given a sample of shadow insurance instead of the lip plumper and instead of the little booklet (that most people dont use) they could have added more products.