Givenchy Pressed Powder and Brush

on 7/19/2003 2:22:00 PM

I don't think I would purchase this at full price simply because I never really use powder. I will say, however, the powder is really lovely. It is misleading though, as it is more of a highlighter or a skin corrector than a proper pressed powder in the traditional sense. I have Ice, which is the lightest of the bunch and Warmth, which is the 4th shade up. I agree with the others, they look like corrector palettes. To be honest, I don't see any difference on my skin from one to another color in each respective palette. That being said, Ice does add a nice glow to the face and Warmth is a bronzing palette that is incredibly subtle, but does the job just fine. The retractable brush it comes with can rivel any high end brush (it was a lovely surprise to find it in there!) And the packaging is so sleek. It comes in a plastic silver mirrored compact. I do find myself a bit confused by the smell. Why make a powder for the face smell at all? Regardless, I do overall like this powders.

on 2/3/2003 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have this powder in #2 which looks like a color corrector powder..It has green, yellow, tan, and a pinkish shade; split in quarters. It gives a nice finish but I am not fond of the smell of this powder..A little too perfumey for me. I agree that it's nice but not a must have..I got it on clearance at Sephora so I can't complain..

on 11/21/2002 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This pressed powder comes in several different shades depending on skin tone. Each contains four shades which is supposed to wake up tired skin. Looks more like eyeshadow (lighter shades) or bronzer (darker shades) but gives a nice look to the face. Not a must have but I like it overall!

on 11/14/2002 11:10:00 AM

I bought this based on a recommendation from a MA. I use it as a blush but it's a bronzer. I love the natural look it provides. Very nice.

Recommended for Normal Skin