October 24, 2014 | 1694 users online

Pressed Powders - Givenchy - Pressed Powder and Brush

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2003 2:22:00 PM More reviews by dana

I don't think I would purchase this at full price simply because I never really use powder. I will say, however, the powder is really lovely. It is misleading though, as it is more of a highlighter or a skin corrector than a proper pressed powder in the traditional sense. I have Ice, which is the lightest of the bunch and Warmth, which is the 4th shade up. I agree with the others, they look like corrector palettes. To be honest, I don't see any difference on my skin from one to another color in each respective palette. That being said, Ice does add a nice glow to the face and Warmth is a bronzing palette that is incredibly subtle, but does the job just fine. The retractable brush it comes with can rivel any high end brush (it was a lovely surprise to find it in there!) And the packaging is so sleek. It comes in a plastic silver mirrored compact. I do find myself a bit confused by the smell. Why make a powder for the face smell at all? Regardless, I do overall like this powders.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2003 5:02:00 PM More reviews by irishgirl71

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have this powder in #2 which looks like a color corrector powder..It has green, yellow, tan, and a pinkish shade; split in quarters. It gives a nice finish but I am not fond of the smell of this powder..A little too perfumey for me. I agree that it's nice but not a must have..I got it on clearance at Sephora so I can't complain..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2002 4:06:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

This pressed powder comes in several different shades depending on skin tone. Each contains four shades which is supposed to wake up tired skin. Looks more like eyeshadow (lighter shades) or bronzer (darker shades) but gives a nice look to the face. Not a must have but I like it overall!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2002 11:10:00 AM More reviews by luba

I bought this based on a recommendation from a MA. I use it as a blush but it's a bronzer. I love the natural look it provides. Very nice.