October 2, 2014 | 1195 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Conair - Conair Curling Iron Medium Curls 1"

rated 5.0(1 review)

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2013 2:24:00 PM More reviews by countrybearjamboree

I had a CVS coupon to use up for this. The price for this curling iron is $9.99 and with the coupon, I only paid $5.00. I wasn't expecting much. It is the base model of all curling irons. No heat settings, no telling what temp it is. I don't even know if it's on or not without touching it with my finger! There is a power indicator light but it doesn't work. So, during the curling process, I tap the metal barrel to make sure it is still hot. The good thing is that the plastic parts stay cool to the touch. The curling barrel is short with an even thickness from base to tip. I have very thick coarse hair that is hard to curl. I've tried a lot of curling irons from salon brand to drugstore and they all lacked in performance. This particular curling iron doesn't give spiral tight curls. It gives me perfect beachy bouncy waves! I can't believe the results with this cheap wand! The curls stayed in for two days too. I even use this on same day washed hair.

To get amazingly full bodied soft wavy hair:
1.On clean dry hair, I spray Sebastian hairspray all over.
2. Starting on my right side and work around the head to end on the left, I pin up the top layers and push them to the side. I curl the base hair in sections first, then middle, lastly the very top sections.
3. When curling, I always curl AWAY from the face.
4. I comb curls out with fingers until desired texture. I like it to the point when the actual curl is almost gone and what is left is big waves.
5. Spray again with hairspray.